SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

daelim daystar corner ?

yifanz

Haha, if my opinions are biased, then why are there so few Daystar riders and why is the resale value so low? Just a thought, how many Daystar riders here bought their bikes brand new from CKA?

By the way, the foot positioning of the Yamaha Dragstar is in a much better feet forward postition. But of course, it's only my opinion. But I guess Yamaha can now charge 1.5 times the price of a Honda Shadow for its Dragstar, huh?

Oh yah, you are the same person who questioned why I compared the prices of CKA with second-hand ones here and then went on to tell the world exactly why they should think twice about buying from CKA. Tell me about being biased

Hmm.. I think its gotten over your head in trying to condemn daystars so badly.. By my initial post, I simply meant that daystars look n feel way better than phantoms. But one should take note of the pros n cons when buying from either private owners or from CKA.

That being said, are you trying to say that phantoms will not be overpriced if one decides to get one from a shop? The reason why this is not as dominant is because it is relatively easier to get hold of a second hand phantom. But what would your confidence level be if you were to get a phantom from a shop? Bad feedback has not been rare. CKA? yes we hear complaints about the price alot, but about problems with the bike? Not alot. Maybe even seldom.

So let me try to put my point across again, in case you cannot understand. As per how you try to make fair comparisons, I will first compare 'private purchased phantoms' to 'private purchased daystars'. Comparisons will be based on prices, given knowledge of the comparisons of performance to preferred outlook. So, you buy a phantom for 2-3k, sell it off for maybe a depreciation of 0-500 in a year's time, not much of a depreciation to talk about. Then you buy a daystar for maybe 1.5k or less, and sell it off less 0-500 too. So then you realise there's really not much of a depreciation to talk about. Talking about repair then, daelim parts are more expensive in general, but that comes along with a certain degree of 'guarantee of quality'. Phantom parts? Much cheaper, but the thailand/malaysian made products have been known to be of lesser quality, meaning simply they wear faster and require replacement at more frequent intervals. I doubt one can even find original honda parts for a phantom.

Comparing 'shop purchased phantoms' to 'shop purchased daystars', one will easily find daystars to be of a higher price at CKA. But that too comes along with a much higher confidence level that worn parts have been duely replaced. Even the paint and chrome looks new. Phantoms on the other hand have a certain degree of uncertainty, which may be dependant on the individual 'shop confidence level'. It is not rare to see, in the forums, customers complaining of newly purchased 2nd-hand phantoms that come with malfunctioning parts. When i visit shops myself, I have yet to see 'shiny' phantoms on sale.

That being said, I want to say again phantoms are known for 2 things, performance and common-ness, and less known for servicing intervals. Possibly the fastest 2b cruiser, but the looks just don't make the cut. Daystars on the other hand are way less common, look much better and underperform possibly due to its weight and size. Its weight and size make it easily the biggest 2b bike, along with the Hyosung Aquila, which comes with a v-twin. The aquila is much rarer though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Red.Sky...

• yifanz

• Black Skull

• Yoshimura83

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi to all daystar & roadwin RIDERS !!

There will be a DAELIM RIDERS meetup and all are WELCOME ...

This meet up session is to gather daelim riders and to form a community for future short day trips to the NORTH so DUN MISS IT ... It will be a chance to get to know more riders who share a common passion for riding ..

Place -- Seletar Dam

Date -- 12th January 2008

Time -- 8.30pm onwards

For any information, please contact either

Daniel : 82001654

Sam : 96751319

Joel : 90031140

(it will be great if you could drop us a sms if you are joining us !!)

:angel: Ride Hard or Stay Home:angel:

A common question why the thai people do not ride a Phantom that their factory manufacture but the korean people does? How irony? Enough said and no offence to Phantom owners. :p

Wah! do you mean honda city, civic, jazz are crap since they are made in Thai but not popular there??? It shows how shallow you are. First, most thai would prefer a runabout which means phantom is out. Those that can afford a crusier would probably get a bigger cc one. 150cc and 200cc is neither here or there. For your info, most countries classified 250cc as small bike, and 100 to 125cc for runabout in town which means the bike should be as small and as light as possible. Also for your info, 50cc and below in Japan don't need licence and 100cc and below in USA also don't need licence (and USA only have 1 type of motorbike licence). It is more like bicyle to them for running about in towns/villages/alleys in cities.

As for the Korean, they are more kia si ( Why? Sporean drive/ride so recklessly on the road) then Sporean. So would they buy thai or Korean? And would you prefer Korean or Thai quality? They would buy Japanese but generally dislike them cos' of the WWII. Anyway, Korean also has custom duty like Spore and in the end, it may not be worth buying thai.

Wah! do you mean honda city, civic, jazz are crap since they are made in Thai but not popular there??? It shows how shallow you are. First, most thai would prefer a runabout which means phantom is out. Those that can afford a crusier would probably get a bigger cc one. 150cc and 200cc is neither here or there. For your info, most countries classified 250cc as small bike, and 100 to 125cc for runabout in town which means the bike should be as small and as light as possible. Also for your info, 50cc and below in Japan don't need licence and 100cc and below in USA also don't need licence (and USA only have 1 type of motorbike licence). It is more like bicyle to them for running about in towns/villages/alleys in cities.

As for the Korean, they are more kia si ( Why? Sporean drive/ride so recklessly on the road) then Sporean. So would they buy thai or Korean? And would you prefer Korean or Thai quality? They would buy Japanese but generally dislike them cos' of the WWII. Anyway, Korean also has custom duty like Spore and in the end, it may not be worth buying thai.

Hmm....interesting. Did my statement sound like I am a shallow person? Perhaps you should polish up reading my posting again AND we will talk again when you are able to understand what I am driving at with my posting. Case close and peace. :)

PS: I do not discriminate Thai-make vehicles or motorcycles.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

• 1 month later...
Hi to all daystar & roadwin RIDERS !!

There will be a DAELIM RIDERS meetup and all are WELCOME ...

This meet up session is to gather daelim riders and to form a community for future short day trips to the NORTH so DUN MISS IT ... It will be a chance to get to know more riders who share a common passion for riding ..

Place -- Seletar Dam

Date -- 12th January 2008

Time -- 8.30pm onwards

For any information, please contact either

Daniel : 82001654

Sam : 96751319

Joel : 90031140

(it will be great if you could drop us a sms if you are joining us !!)

WHEN is the next outing at the dam?????

Hi cutejunk, depthcharge & yifanz,

To join a gathering, not necessary has to be Daelim rider only. You guys could consider joining others' groups' outing or gathering too instead of waiting for the one particular group to organize. After all, I believe bikers in this forum are friendly lots and bias less least being prejudice than what is your ride. You guys are more than welcome to join the Kruzer's gathering too every Friday at a coffee shop by the corner off Rangoon and Dorset Road. If you guys need the direction, just PM me.

Cheers!

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

Yea, got 2 daystar riders who (used) to go for the kruzer meet ups! i used to go, ... uhh now urm busy la, playing computer game, playing football or sometime lazy, but still they are very friendly bunch. The other daystar rider, urm i think he's in the progress of upgrading? not too sure. so yes, you guys should go down as a few of the kruzers were ex daystar/magma riders so they can give you good advice.

doh!

ya la jemmo. EVerytime play badminton. Are you sure? haa

nights himself used to ride a daystar. I used to ride a daelim magna and had a friend who rode a daystar too. Actually most of us used to ride a cruiser of some kind but after upgrading to class 2, more bikes to choose from and not much class 2 cruisers that are widely versatile for things like..ermm...best let the other members tell u their stories and also not much to begin with in the first place.

yea so come down and get poisoned by us. heee.

w y x m m

• 7 months later...

heh i'm still new i've only met them once, when we were discussin the convoy route. there was also alot of chit chat on modifications, as these guys are more experienced than me on what can be done for bikes. very friendly ppl. after that we went on a lil ride down to changi village for nasi lemak, and they really looked out for me. my bike's rather slow compared to theirs but they kept to a speed i could manage and there was always a sweeper behind me helping out w lane-changes.:thumb: