Fazer 600 Reviews

GSGabes

• Replies 2.8k

Originally posted by Pauche@Feb 23 2004, 02:16 PM

Hi all Fz6 owners:

Those who are interested in the exhaust heat wrap, please meet tonite 7.30pm at Eddy' place to fix. Our friend Eddy has bought a 80ft heat roll enough for 10+ bikes.

Time: 7.30pm

1)Eddy

2)Pauche

edy and pauche can reserve some for me? till i come back then i do...pauche tks 4 ur info will chk it out. sorry did not loff in til now so miss ur msg. edy can let me noe ur contact no? i can call u to arrange. tks

YOU'LL NEVER RIDE ALONE!

Originally posted by chienwei1980@Feb 24 2004, 09:49 AM

hi to all fz600 '04,

i need some help. Have anyone gone for the frist service for the engine oil at the yamaha service center? i going down on this saturday need to book for time with the service center or just go down? And need to bring anything?

thank you :sweat:

bring ur bike and that white servicing booklet.

also be warned that u have to pay for the engine oil though the labour is free.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c349/pauche/rossivspauche.jpg

sorry guy, want to ask a stupid question...Fazer need to be service(oil, spark etc) in how many km? Some shop say every 3000km, Service Manual list need interval every 6000km... Anyone can help me? normally wht we need to beware every time while service? thanks alot...:cheeky:

work is life, no a job.

Originally posted by kopvampp@Feb 24 2004, 01:49 AM

edy and pauche can reserve some for me? till i come back then i do...pauche tks 4 ur info will chk it out. sorry did not loff in til now so miss ur msg. edy can let me noe ur contact no? i can call u to arrange. tks

no problem bro.

contact me @ 96780345

Here's the cost.

Wrap - $86 (50ft) 1ft = 12 inch

Stainless Wire - $2

so..per ft is $1.76

each person get 10ft should be more than enough. the rest i makan loh for future use :smile:

Originally posted by waiyuen@Feb 24 2004, 10:57 AM

sorry guy, want to ask a stupid question...Fazer need to be service(oil, spark etc) in how many km? Some shop say every 3000km, Service Manual list need interval every 6000km... Anyone can help me? normally wht we need to beware every time while service? thanks alot...:cheeky:

for me.... all my old bike...

i do change every 4000km (oil only) 8000km (with oil filter)

spark plug i change every 10,000km

i seldom on the road loh. per day at most 35km.

it really depends. some of my friend change every month but use cheap engine oil. the bike still didnt take MC yet

Originally posted by waiyuen@Feb 24 2004, 10:57 AM

for me i go by mileage change oil and oil filter every 5000km i kiasu a bit as for engine oil i use repsol semi syn will be gd enuf its all up to indivual budget....oil filter filters away watever dirty stuff in ur oil...if u dun change and pour new oil inside, its like never change like tat loh....my own opinion only dun scold me...:cheeky:

try to spend a bit more for the servicing lor so tat in the long run engine wont give u problem lor....

YOU'LL NEVER RIDE ALONE!

5000km is reasonable loh...otherwise very chia lak, at least can save a bit:smile: after 1 mth ride, very happy with it performance. Later may change the air filter to K&N n spocket, fr 15 tooth change to 14 tooth, BIKE mag said this will help the acceleration but top end still the same. ANyone try before?:sweat:

work is life, no a job.

Originally posted by kopvampp@Feb 23 2004, 01:37 AM

hi guys i will be riding to cameron highlands on tis coming fri, sat, and coming back to spore on sunday wif my bike shop ppl any one intersted to join me let me noe....tink got ard 8 bikes going up...:cheer:

Landslide at Tapah - Tanah Rata strecth

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=...0424&sec=nation

be careful ya. and :goodluck:

Kenneth ;)

Leisure riding...explore riding... but not FREE RIDING

Telur sebiji, riuh sekampung! - (Direct translation) Lay one egg, tell whole village

Originally posted by JuzMe@Feb 26 2004, 02:03 AM

Eddy,

Any feedback on the bike performance after the wrap? Think a lot of us here would be interested to find out. :smile:

we have not wrap yet, will do it this weekend.

Originally posted by Pauche@Feb 26 2004, 09:03 AM

the good news is - they going to open the simpang pulai route up cameron highlands.

Yah i posted tht news so tht those going know about this n plan a new route ma. :smile:

Kenneth ;)

Leisure riding...explore riding... but not FREE RIDING

Telur sebiji, riuh sekampung! - (Direct translation) Lay one egg, tell whole village

Guest awesome_1
Originally posted by Pauche@Feb 26 2004, 09:03 AM

we have not wrap yet, will do it this weekend.

yo pauche....wheres d locatiion u doing the exh wrap...

may b i'll try to come by n wat time...?:cheeky:

sat or sun???:confused:

Originally posted by awesome_1@Feb 26 2004, 12:29 PM

yo pauche....wheres d locatiion u doing the exh wrap...

may b i'll try to come by n wat time...?:cheeky:

sat or sun???:confused:

Eddy: Are we meeting Sunday? What time?

Originally posted by JuzMe@Feb 26 2004, 02:03 AM

Eddy,

Any feedback on the bike performance after the wrap? Think a lot of us here would be interested to find out. :smile:

dun think there's any increase in performance. bike exhaust so short, no effect i guess

Originally posted by JuzMe@Feb 26 2004, 11:43 PM

Are u guys doing the wrapping on sunday at 4pm? If so, I'll be there.

yah, I'll be there 4pm this sunday.

Heard that K&N high air flow air filter is already in store. Any 04 Fz6 owners interested in getting it? retail price is $95 each.