SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Classic Vespa's Cafe 2009 / 2010

Vesphan

Nice one :)

Trust you've got the rubber boot to cover the wire connections at the top of the cdi yeah? Need to keep them dry...

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wildswans

• -ResiDue-

• Sharpey

• machine k

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Nice one :)

Trust you've got the rubber boot to cover the wire connections at the top of the cdi yeah? Need to keep them dry...

ya, i didn't request, he juz did it for me. :)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/yeobt/Picnikcollage-1.jpg

Modifying your new 12V AC electric system to make it 12VDC... Your stator plate (the new one with coils that was installed) will be made to send all its power to a new regulator (trailtech full wave rectifier) which will convert it all to DC to charge the battery. All of your electrics will run off the battery.

At the moment your rectifier converts a little bit of power to DC to charge the battery, the rest is AC still... that's why your lights etc only work with the engine running... and why your lights dim at idle...

Will full DC the battery gets a much healthier charge (lasts longer) and since it gets a proper charge, allows you to run higher drain devices off it... eg air compressor, alarm, stereo etc...

The wiring on your scoot will be a little different to mine, so will need a bit of research... but should be relatively straight forward...

hi my fren looking for red vespa to rent for a day..for photoshoot...owner can b around for d photoshoot..

ps pm mi if u have :)

1995 Rd135 (3months);1995-1997 Kawa K100 97-00 Honda Steed cool black;00-02 Suzuki Swift

02-05 Ford Focus;05-07 Nissan Sucky

07- Camry;jan 08 -feb 08 KRR ;feb 08-apr08 -- Cbr400 J model ;

mar08 - sept 08 Cbr400 R model ; may08 -oct08 KTM200; oct 08 - feb09 XR4 ; feb09-apr10 gixxer 750 Apr09 -June10 DR650;apr10-aug 10 Africa Twin; sep 10- current fazer 1k....Jan-13 FortyEight

hey thanks Sharpey. actually when i got back my ride, i discovered that it sat much lower. it was clearly visible, judging from the "new" position of the chrome fan cover. heck i actually thought it was nice (i used to think px's clearance were abit too high) when i rode it home.

im guessing the shop may have removed my buffer as there isnt any now. anyways, yup il b going back to the shop to see wat we can do boud this..

thanks for ur help! =)

Modifying your new 12V AC electric system to make it 12VDC... Your stator plate (the new one with coils that was installed) will be made to send all its power to a new regulator (trailtech full wave rectifier) which will convert it all to DC to charge the battery. All of your electrics will run off the battery....

ic, will plan into my to-do-list. so what is the cost n duration of transition? :slurp:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/yeobt/Picnikcollage-1.jpg

Cost is not high at all... cost of unit is about 40 pounds in uk... can try to get shipped from uk (but website doesn't list SG as a shipping destination...wtf? don't ask me why...)

After that it's just a matter of doing some soldering....

Must meetup for kopi so I can show you mine... se how you like/need...

No worries mothercat... all the best.

Can i know why i cannot engage neutral gear on the scooter?

it is my dad's manual piaggio not sure of the model.

i shifted the gear up and down but cannot find the neutral gear.

Can anyone help?

Thanx in advance.

hi guys, stock or alloy block? any diff in FC..big difference or small?

Wooden. :lol: Haha! Alloy alloy. Alloy power. Consumes fuel a bit a bIT A BIT more if you add a 24/24 carburettor. Small difference. Big difference if you mess with the jetting, porting, crankshafting, ding dong, crocodile and the busturdguy hump along PIE Kallang.

Go to Mr Sharpe's http://vesporeanfaq.wikispaces.com/Fuel+Consumption.

Hey Chaps... and chapettes...

How bout another DIY session...?

Have posted over on vespaclub forum also...

Would be good for some of us notsonewbies to share some of what we know with the newbies... Plenty of new blood... which is GREAT :D

Do suggest what we could cover...eg carb tuning... alloy blocks etc...

And a time/venue...

nice one.

aiyo. jetting all that stuff...no idea...i was plannig to sell this block to a friend and replace with a stock one cause im not into speed or what so ever lah..thus my sch is in the north while me staying in east...fuhh...thanks for the info.

if you like that person, go slap him/her...

so once i swoped the block, do i need to do all the "jetting, porting, crankshafting, ding dong, crocodile and the busturdguy hump along PIE Kallang" all that stuff?

my mind is in a total mess...hidop susaa, mati pon susaa...

if you like that person, go slap him/her...

When you go back to a stock cylinder... you can go back to stock jetting in your carb... If you want to get an idea of what that should be, ask your mechanic, or join stellastats.com (Stella 150s are comparable to PX150s)

hi.

im a new rider and im very curious to find out more abt vespas.. i have a bajaj chetak, sprint body with px150 engine..

i read the vespa faq and browse many websites.. can you explain more abt jetting tunning and setting of engine?? kitted engine??

im not into speed but i would like to tune mine to have the best fuel consumption possible.

mine has a 24mm carb. rest is stock if im not wrong..

thanks.

Well, changing to a 20/20 carb will certainly improve fuel consumption... why not come along to the DIY session on Aug 16th... Some of us will be able to assess what you've got...

oh ok..

sure.. thanks..where can i get more details abt the session?

thanks. can i know how do i check the jetting and the timing?? i notice that the timing of my vespa is not very constant. normally wad do the mechs do when they say tune the engine??

also, the vibration on the handlebar comes and goes at certain speed.. is it normal? its quite unbearable at times..

thanks for helping.