SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Classic Vespa's Cafe 2009 / 2010

Vesphan

• Replies 11.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wildswans

• -ResiDue-

• Sharpey

• machine k

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi peepz.. just needed some honest opinion.. my current vespa died on me due to some engine problem which will cost alot to fix. now im faced with 3 situtations. 1 i stay with my old one and pay nearly 1k odd to fix up the engine and paintwork. 2. i buy a 8 yrs old px200 coe expiring in 2010 for about 2.2k. 3 and my 3rd choice would be to get a px150 fresh from the oven at around 7500. which is more advisable if i would choose to keep this bike for at least the next 4-5 years

Hey lyao, can you expand on what is wrong with your current engine?

Option 2 is a gamble... you don't know how good the engine is... (having said this, it's a gamble that we all take when buying a scoot)... is it a disc brake model?

OPtion 3.... not worth it... don't bother...

Option 4, can you get your hands on a new LML Vespa? I think they still sell them here... same scoot for less money.

I would personally fix what you've got... providing that your engine casings are in servicable condition....

Here's a thought... if the engine is indeed worn out (misued over its life so that the rotary pad is worn and the bearing seats are crappy) then speak to Tong Aik about getting a doner engine installed (legally) into your scoot... will cost a bit more... BUT you'll 100% know you've got a solid engine...

Vespa PX200Disc ------The Pinaccle of Classic Scootering------

www vesporeanfaq:) wikispaces:) com

heyhey.. nobody knows what hapened to the bike either! it just seized and i crashed.. i didnt have much time to react then and now the casing got 1 big hole haha yup i actually do my servicing at ta! and by far we havent found a solid engine to fit it in.. but the uncle actually suggested i head for the px200 its with disc! but i was just worried about how long this engine can last before it gives problems! cus my experience with the bike i had was smooth for a full year before the engine suddenly died on me without any apparent reason thus far. haha! omgggg

Singapore doesn't have Stellas... it has LML Star Delux's (which are exactly the same) the Stella is made in India by LML... its just a rebranded star delux... I really don't know anything about LML in singapore... I am sure some googling will prove fruitful... there's bound to be a distributor here...

Just fyi, bought my PX200disc in 2004 (coe till 2011) for $1800.... (it was cheap then... marke rate around $2200 in 2004)... I think you might try and bargain with the seller for the 200 since the COE is ending soon...

Got pics of the 200? If its your average uncle scooter, chances are its fine... if also its for sale at TA you can ask Mr. Wee about the engine... At most budget around 3-400 for an engine rebuiild to be on the safe side.

Guest cafebleu

I'm looking for a set of super handle, cowls, fender, hubs, and rims.

anyone who wants to trade with my Sprint set or sell please pm me. thanks.

Yah...Meetup on Sat 23rd... 10am I think... venue not decided yet... needs to be somewhere with kopi and carpark/area where we can do a bit of diy without getting into trouble...

Very easy to diy... provided you have the right tools (13mm spanner)... Turn fuel off, put plastic bag between fuel cap and fuel tank (for added seal) and lay scoot over on its engine side...

scoot will rest on the kickstart lever and the handle bar... this is ok... shouldn't break anything....

With scoot on its side, you can remove the rear wheel...

Put a new tube in and inspect the rim for rust...

Or... put your spare on and take punctured one to shop to see how they do it :)

see http://www.vespamaintenance.com

http://www.scooterhelp.com

while you're at it... http://www.vesporeanfaq.wikispaces.com (list of shops there)

perhaps u might wanna consider to tow? it's better to observe how he/she does it once before attempting? also, u can ask him/her questions on how to do it as well.

riding to a workshop is not so quite recommended...

2 cents

www.vespaclub.sg

http://www.teamvespa.com.sg/Images/abc.jpg

http://www.vespaclub.sg/others/footer.jpg

heh, how long did you tilt it for? if you tilt too long, it will end up with an overflow. I tilt for about 7-10seconds, just for a gauge.

haha i think i tilt too fast lah...now i guess its doing fine..another thing, any of you have any idea why my petrol leaks(not that much) on my floorboard and engine area...? went twice to the mech but still same problem occurs..

if you like that person, go slap him/her...

:: actually the tilting of the bike is not necessary at all. much easier to start if you pull out the choke and kick-start a few times, chances that you might be able to start your bike just after 2-3 kicks (especially when parked overnight)...

and about the petrol leakage? tiny lil' sips of petrol yuh? quite the norm actually... ::

heh, how long did you tilt it for? if you tilt too long, it will end up with an overflow. I tilt for about 7-10seconds, just for a gauge.

So long? I only tilt for about 5 secs most depending on how much petrol in my tank. If full tank 2 secs enough. I guess easier to flow into carb. hahaha. And also I only tilt it after over night or left for very long. Go dinner come back no need to tilt much.

When I use chose and kick a few times my spark plug tends to get wet. I guess it's a matter of own starting technique. I tried a few kinds and I'm comfortable with mine now. No more engine stalls at red lights or farting carbs anymore :p

w y x m m

ic, will plan into my to-do-list. so what is the cost n duration of transition? :slurp:

Hi Bro? You're riding a scoot and also a Swift owner? Same here! Cheers!:bouncefire:

Maximum OverDrive of Adrenaline RusH!!

http://photos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v350/63/72/1558708269/n1558708269_30056895_3856.jpg

Hi Bro? You're riding a scoot and also a Swift owner? Same here! Cheers!:bouncefire:

i sold my swift 10 months ago after i changed to a new job that i can

choose to own a car or claim taxi trips. :pray:

vespa yes but am thinking of changing to a electri starter bike.

anyone is looking for an AZ vespa with an unique chassic design that has

only 2 in singapore? (claimed by ah joo) :shades:

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k130/yeobt/Picnikcollage-1.jpg