SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Petrol-Chemical Hub in Jurong Ise.

panclanrider

Originally posted by Flik_07@Mar 6 2006, 05:55 AM

Hi i'm looking for a post of technician or private fire fighter..

Plz PM me if there's any..

My qualification is ntc2 in electrical

No class 3 license..

Just ORD frm Jurong island fire station..

now still got private fire fighters ah? i only noe sembcrop got their own fire fighting team in sakra.. dunno which other companies got this appointment

an enemy of an enemy is your fren

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by ah_neng@Mar 8 2006, 07:22 PM

now still got private fire fighters ah? i only noe sembcrop got their own fire fighting team in sakra.. dunno which other companies got this appointment

My company has got our own full time fire fighters... but the numbers are getting smaller due to company not taking in anymore young ones... I'm also a trained auxiliary fire fighter in case of any fire...

:cheeky: :cheeky: :cheeky:

Steps to do a proper KNNBCCB with middle finger.

1. Bow down slightly, looking intensely at objective

2. Like a raging bull, hop and jog slowly towards objective

3. Take your left palm and slap it hard on the right mid-arm with a SLAP!

4. With charisma, raise right arm, whilst showing middle finger (with left palm trapped in bend right arm)

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

Guest cheeko

My site there

http://image54.webshots.com/54/4/80/53/2381480530087428716QnAizB_ph.jpg

http://image46.webshots.com/46/7/54/20/2341754200087428716rjplPr_ph.jpg

http://image58.webshots.com/58/6/88/40/2618688400087428716PPVSpx_ph.jpg

freaking hot weather nowadays :giddy:

• 2 weeks later...

wa... yesterday got a massive jam man.. all the way to the checkpoint... mainly 2 reasons... bus broken down at junction of seraya ave and jih.... another 1 more specatular... the whole trailer went into the trench opp the fire stn...

Wah Lau Way!!!... what the heck happened??

The trailer driver is in deep deep sh*t I guess....

:slapforehead: :slapforehead: :slapforehead:

4. With charisma, raise right arm, whilst showing middle finger (with left palm trapped in bend right arm)

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

Yo guys,

Just got a mail from my management... they were informed by JTC tat the Traffic Police will be stepping up their Operations on Jurong Island.... So please observe the speed limit on 70 km on the Jurong Island Highway....

cant be wrong.. a white bike with TP number plate...

ah_neng, I think u r rite.... better aware of them....

:sian: :sian: :sian:

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

Guest cheeko
Originally posted by ah_neng@Mar 24 2006, 12:46 AM

wa... yesterday got a massive jam man.. all the way to the checkpoint... mainly 2 reasons... bus broken down at junction of seraya ave and jih.... another 1 more specatular... the whole trailer went into the trench opp the fire stn...

:clapping: i saw it too when i was passing by, the lorry driver deserve it, everyday the lorries there speeding like nobody's business, Very dangerous :mad:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ah_neng@Apr 13 2006, 09:10 PM

last week saw 2 tp at a bend after linde towards checkpoint with speed radar...

wa liao so dangerous!!!! i always speed there 1... Think have to relax nowz....

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs206.snc1/7318_149796798969_678363969_2636864_1182252_n.jpg

BURN RUBBER NOT YOUR SOUL - My 3 babies

Ok... Heard & seen it's trucks around e ise many times... know they supply sum gases of cylinders to my company too... other than tat, not much infos... found tis on their website:

http://www.soxal.com/images/ind_petrochem.jpg

Another major sector of the industry that SOXAL has long been serving is the petrochemicals and chemicals. In line with the government's effort of making Jurong Island the "chemical hub" of Singapore, SOXAL has also invested substantially on gas production plants and facilities on the island.

Jurong Island, which is home to some 55 petrochemical and chemical companies, is the result of the Government's massive $7b reclamation project merging seven islands into one 2.7 ha land. This self-contained island with all the amenities, has attracted investments of $21b from the world's leading players and this figure is expected to increase to $40b over the next ten years.

Petrochemical companies manufacture chemical building blocks like ethylene glycol, propylene oxide, vinyl chloride, caprolactam, aniline, etc. They are major consumers of process gases like oxygen, hydrogen and carbon monoxide.

Chemical companies, on the other hand, use process gases like nitrogen and hydrogen to manufacture products such as chlorine, sodium hydroxide, ethylene and inorganic acids, polyolefins and polystrenes.

Both industries use nitrogen for a variety of applications, such as inerting (for safety), mixing, drying, temperature control, catalysts preparation and product transportation.

The products are manufactured for the global markets and SOXAL's role is to provide overall solutions to their requirements through:

Its local expertise.

Global R & D and engineering resources of Air Liquide and BOC.

Capital investment.

Our Products and Services

Petrochemicals and Chemicals customers may be offered through the following main supply methods:

Compressed gases. Two grades of compressed gases normally used are:

Industrial Grade- for industrial usage such as purging, blowing, welding and maintenance works, etc.

Purified/Specialty Grade- for laboratories, equipment calibration, testing and analysis, etc.

Vacuum Insulated Evaporators.

These vacuum insulated containers are designed to store liquid gases such as oxygen, nitrogen, argon and carbon dioxide at cryogenic or subzero temperatures. They are installed at customers' sites to provide reserve gas supplies and enable much greater self-sufficiency than that possible with cylinders.

Trailers.

Trailers are skid mounted long tube cylinders which are catered for users who require substantial gas quantities at high pressure eg hydrogen. SOXAL currently operates the largest fleet of hydrogen trailers in Singapore.

Gas Pipelines.

Gas pipelines linking the air separation plant directly through the pipeline network ensure continuous and consistent supply of large quantities of gases. SOXAL has a network of more than 80 kilometres of oxygen, nitrogen and hydrogen piping covering major parts of Jurong, Tuas and Jurong Island.

On-site Plants.

SOXAL can supply demineralised water, instrument air, oxygen, nitrogen, hydrogen, carbon monoxide simultaneously via on-site hydrogen/synthesis gas plants. Besides being cost effective, these plants have low gas emissions.

Address : 16 Jln Buroh Singapore 619475

Telephone : 6265 3788

Fax : 6265 1441

SOXAL

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by ah_neng@Jul 16 2006, 03:52 PM

y this thread so quiet ah? better post sonething before it disapear into the next page...

Hmm okay i shall say something. I'm currently taking full time CPT course, will be coming into this industry in 2 years. Will be spending my final 6 months of the course doing industrial attachments in the island. Hope i can choose to go Exxon or Shell bukom, if not SRC for my attachments, then can straight work with them. Tough only good students will only be able to have the chances~ heh

Originally posted by ^i||usiOns74^@Jul 18 2006, 01:32 AM

Hmm okay i shall say something. I'm currently taking full time CPT course, will be coming into this industry in 2 years. Will be spending my final 6 months of the course doing industrial attachments in the island. Hope i can choose to go Exxon or Shell bukom, if not SRC for my attachments, then can straight work with them. Tough only good students will only be able to have the chances~ heh

These big company is good onli for ur stepping stone into this industry... U'll find urself working more than others in sum smaller company for more or less the same pay...

just my 2 cents for my 7th yr in this industry....

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

Originally posted by panclanrider@Jul 25 2006, 03:15 AM

These big company is good onli for ur stepping stone into this industry... U'll find urself working more than others in sum smaller company for more or less the same pay...

just my 2 cents for my 7th yr in this industry....

:sweat: :sweat: :sweat:

Oh.. well, i guess in these companies more often the standard they expects ought to be higher. Keeping high standards as they have large reputation to maintain too. Well, i understand that.. thanks for enlightenment.. =)

So which plant are you working in? Any reccomendations as for which plant should i opt to go for attachments? :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by sss_man@Aug 10 2006, 10:35 PM

If u had the option, put SRC at ur bottom list. Old terminal with old facilities. The people there a bit ngeow too. Hope this help. Cheers..

this refinery has been ard since my ah gong time when he was a firefighter for SRC in the 70s

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by ^i||usiOns74^@Aug 21 2006, 12:43 PM

BTW i heard from friends there are china man and india man in the plants too. And they are very one kind.

Yes... Your frenz r rite... "they" have got the veri typical "Old School Of Thought"...

And yes... not forgetting the Filipinas... "The Romeo amongst all"...

:faint: :faint: :faint:

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

Originally posted by panclanrider@Aug 22 2006, 06:44 PM

Yes... Your frenz r rite... "they" have got the veri typical "Old School Of Thought"...

And yes... not forgetting the Filipinas... "The Romeo amongst all"...

:faint: :faint: :faint:

Hmm... can u decipher that "thought"? hehe very interested to know~

Originally posted by ^i||usiOns74^@Aug 22 2006, 08:34 PM

Hmm... can u decipher that "thought"? hehe very interested to know~

Sticking to old mindset & practices from where they came from.... Not willing to accept ideas from a junior/new staff wif an open mind.... In another words, they can veri "Pig headed" at times... Worst... If they are or become your supervisor/team leader.... "Just follow what I say.... But dun follow what I do"....

5. Shout! KNNBCCB

Originally posted by panclanrider@Aug 26 2006, 05:43 AM

Sticking to old mindset & practices from where they came from.... Not willing to accept ideas from a junior/new staff wif an open mind.... In another words, they can veri "Pig headed" at times... Worst... If they are or become your supervisor/team leader.... "Just follow what I say.... But dun follow what I do"....

ohh well, in this kinda situation, if they're the leader, sway lor..

but if there are better implementations, we can always bring it up to higher level ma. like the SI? my teacher is an ex SI from exxon, he always welcome and implement things, as safety first ma. for me as long as i see something can be improvised to cut down hazards, i sure will bring up de.

chinaman = chinabrain = pig :cheeky:

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by mnemonic@Sep 15 2006, 09:21 AM

Guess i found this thread a bit late..I'm also working in Jurong Island...with Oiltanking Singapore. :smile:

Hi bro mnemonic,

We're neighbours.... So u working in the "New Tanks" side or the existing ones??

:smile:

5. Shout! KNNBCCB