SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] All About Cosmetic Mods

madman

Guest @h_püi™

so a set is about how much?

but the brake hose i not sure the current one is how long.. but it seem like more the 1m

anyway i change the handle bar.. but then the electric wire that is connected to both end of the grip like kinda of short.. but then when i say your pink phantom and kiamh chocolate is like very long and still have to use the cable tie to tie onto the handle..

anyway if i need anything i email to you la.. since you going oversea this evening

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guys / Gals.

If you wanna communicate with me while I'm on my way UP to FAR AWAY LAND, kindly sms or call me at this hp number.

9845 6442.

Only for overseas travel. My orig for SG use only.

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

alright, this is my last post b4 I move off.

chat again when I checkin a hotel.

my business line not working. so, either PM, email (best) or call/sms me at 9845 6442.

Adios!

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

Guest @h_püi™
Pui, just in case youre wondering, i had my electrical wires extended to make it blend with the contour of the bars... If you think you can manage to fit it neatly like Kiamh's Chocolate then good.

you extent from which part? the headlight or the throttle end?

you did it yourself?

my cables & hoses were all stock when I changed to the wide bars. BUT I had them rerouted to run outside the fork tubes (you will need to dismantle the triple clamp to do this)

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Guest @h_püi™

triple clamp?

ya now my cable is outside the so call wire holder ... but then the electric wiring from the both end of the grip to the headlight is kinda of short.. one of the side counldn't even tie on the handlebar... and is being pull until the connector inside the headlight is about to come out of it...

btw kiamh, check with you.. when you mount the brake fluid reserviore to your wide bar.. is it that the fluid gaude all fall below the margin line? as is not mounted straight upward like the stock handle bar?

I do not tie my cables to the handlebar. there is a slight kink to the clutch cable, but did not cause me any problems in 2+ years of riding.

This pic was taken after I changed to HEL steel braided brake hoses, with custom length.

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/5359/2518866470048222086S425x425Q85.jpg

btw kiamh, check with you.. when you mount the brake fluid reserviore to your wide bar.. is it that the fluid gaude all fall below the margin line? as is not mounted straight upward like the stock handle bar?

Yup. That is correct

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Guest @h_püi™
I do not tie my cables to the handlebar. there is a slight kink to the clutch cable, but did not cause me any problems in 2+ years of riding.

This pic was taken after I changed to HEL steel braided brake hoses, with custom length.

http://inlinethumb48.webshots.com/5359/2518866470048222086S425x425Q85.jpg

ya.. my current situation is the same as your.. so i tot only mine.. as i went thru that time the 2005 PK gathering.. but this is the clearer pic.. thanks bro...

so your also experiencing the connector is about to come out of the headlight too? and you tieing it to your throttle or clutch cable.. cos right now my connector is a the edge of the headlight hole.. and i scare that later using rain or bike washing, water will go in and create short circuit..

and one more thing.. when after fixing i try to U turn pratice on my MSCP.. but the grip will touch my leg and cannot make a full turn.. is it that i make it too low? cos the angel is just nice for it.. to me la..

The entire bundle of wires in the stock headlight was wrapped in insulation tape and hidden under the tank cos there is no space in my billet headlight for any wire bundles. Only the headlight wires were extended and run into the headlight casing.

The mechanic who changed my bars did a fantastic job on the wiring :thumb:

BlackDawn aka kiamh

No i didnt do it myself.

And my bars will only touch my leg at full turn, which in practicality doesnt really happen often, if it happens that is. Maybe try rising it higher a little.

Anyway it will take more than a few days to familiarize with it if it's the first time you're getting wide bars.

I have the best signature.

heh guys would wanna know whether if the foot rest of our phantom is able to bring it forward into a more chopper style??

Fom my knowledge, this has never been attempted before due to the lack of bolt-on aftermarket parts.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

madman u sell the the chrome piece that the signal light is fix to ?

the long chrome part... mine rust le as the chrme fall off

heh guys would wanna know whether if the foot rest of our phantom is able to bring it forward into a more chopper style?? and madman do hav a full pic of your angled exhaust?? thanks ;)

forward controls? i n papa have briefly analyzed the condition of frame n controls, but it seems impossible to custom make n shift the controls forward.

unless thailand comes up with some magic.

http://picturesky.com/albums/userpics/12854/Ghost_Rider_Inked_by_Robot666.jpg

you. guilty.

issit possible to DIY install the headlight, throttle grip and footrest?

:cheeky: haha! i wanna try!!

"When i get sad, i stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story." Barney Stinson

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Jordanspy_Siggy.jpg

Guest @h_püi™

it is possible... y not.. if you have the time, the correct tools and by all mean...

remember DIY is cheap.. but it take lots of your time.. and if you are first time DIY something.. be prepare that something you dun expect may come up.. like forgot to bring this.. dunno how this thing going to be fixed etc.. by once you gone thru many process.. is like chicken feet.. i recently just install the wide bar brought from madman myself. spent the whole morning fixing it..

forward controls? i n papa have briefly analyzed the condition of frame n controls, but it seems impossible to custom make n shift the controls forward.

unless thailand comes up with some magic.

I'm sure it can be done, at substantial cost and time. Of course, a skilled craftsman will be the first prerequisite.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

Guest Valarie

Kiamh, although I only saw ur Chocolate once,it left me with a sweet taste which i turned into the ingredient in the making of Policetron..

Madman,I think your showroom would be complete with tools and maybe Drinks? hehhee..

YA drinks!!

addon : tools as well! lol

"a boxful of tools enough to tear down ur whole bike" lOL!

"When i get sad, i stop being sad and be awesome instead. True Story." Barney Stinson

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Jordanspy_Siggy.jpg

Guest @h_püi™

Kiamh bro, after much analysis of your handle bar and mine... i actually conclude that mine is exactly same as yours... so may need your advice someday... or maybe now...

have you experience like the hand get abit aching for the first few time handling the new control.. cos compare to the old or rather stock one.. the grip is so call almost straight but just now the wide bar is more bending inward when riding straight...

Well, its been almost 3 years since I changed those handlebars. I can no longer recall how it feels like riding a Phantom on stock bars. I really can’t recall any problems that I had during the transitional period, but one thing I know, you’ll get used to it.

As for the handlebar installation, mine was 100% done by the mechanic. I do not know how the procedure was or what problems he had when installing it. I only know I was satisfied with the end result :smile:

Nonetheless, I’m always glad to share my experiences, so feel free to ask and I’ll help where I can :thumb:

BlackDawn aka kiamh