SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Gilera Fuoco 500 - 2009 /2010

Slinkykat

ya hor, i almost forgot about my exhaust.. the shop still around there right? or shifted liao, perhaps gonna go down today or tomorrow via car..

My Rides

Yamaha Nouvo MX - Sep 2006

Honda CB400 Spec II - Nov 2007

Yamaha Nouvo Elegance - Oct 2008

Suzuki GSXR 600 K6 - June 2009

Gilera Fuoco 500 - Dec 2009

Honda CB1000R - July 2011

Harley Davidson Sportster Forty Eight - Dec 2012 (Current)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

if can withstand 10kg, dun tink u wanna really put 10kg stuff in there..

i nvr max out wat my box can withstand..

imagine all e bumps and vibration it has to go through..

u r goin 1 up or 2 up?

dat time i go cameroon highland 1 up, topbox + trunk = more den enough..

2 up mayb u wanna consider wat bigcow says.. put e saddle bag at e floor board.. wif our butts alrdy so big..i dun wanna hav any more stuff left hanging out there..

haha,i going up 2.. my onli worry is later go there shop, buy too much, dunno how to bring back.. lol.. i also though of buying a waterproof bag and tie it either on top of my topbox or i would juz hang it at my handlebars,putting the bag in between my legs..

My Rides

juz now went regina,tried the rjays saddle bag,velcro not long enough.. then went to Mah, tried the Givi, able to fit but pricing abit steep, still considering..

My Rides

Guest chaochao
ya hor, i almost forgot about my exhaust.. the shop still around there right? or shifted liao, perhaps gonna go down today or tomorrow via car..

William, dun need car... your fuoco can carry already. just place it on the pillon seat - dun even need straps coz your body will be leaning on it.

Does not move wan... that's how I took it back (on the same day of installation).

Guest chaochao
haha,i going up 2.. my onli worry is later go there shop, buy too much, dunno how to bring back.. lol.. i also though of buying a waterproof bag and tie it either on top of my topbox or i would juz hang it at my handlebars,putting the bag in between my legs..

Hahaha... hanging plastic bags of goodies at handle bar and between legs sounds like those m'sian cub with loads of stuff on the NSH!

What ever you do, just make sure you can ride and STOP safely. I ever got my legs entangled with hanging stuff at the leg room.

I'm moving off GP Esso on Sat morning 630am or 7am... what time are you moving off?

I'm heading up KL (maybe would even visit KL Givi to look-see)

Guest chaochao
Front side fairing gt Kinda deep scratch.. Light scratch on brake lever and balancer.. Exhaust guard also kena.. Side signal cover broke and left hanging.. But stil manage to fix it back.. Not very serious dmg but stil very sianz. Haa

Huh? How can it be? The Fuoco does not fall all the way to its side on a flat ground. Didn't your right leg extend out to tahan the impact?

Ok - I'm asking coz I ever skidded on the right side before - bike does not fall flat on its side - I stood my Fuoco up - no scratches on any parts... I'm not kidding.

Later, I looked at the skid marks on road - it was the main stand that took the shock.

Anyways - I think the deepest scratch is to your heart, right? Hope you are not hurt.

Haha, never mind, think tomorrow i will juz drop by the shop to collect the exhaust via car, easier to transport..

i not setting off this weekend, but next week on 24th.. planning to go for a 3 days 2 nights stay at Malacca..

My Rides

to all hu think 3 wheels does not fall flat.. u r wrg.. lol..

at least i proved it.. e very hard way..

e fall was kinda hard and fast for me to even react..

skidded on soft muddy soil..

and yes.. i wld rather take all e scratches den hav them on my fuoco..

really heart pain..

i too suffer a few scratches..

Hahaha... hanging plastic bags of goodies at handle bar and between legs sounds like those m'sian cub with loads of stuff on the NSH!

What ever you do, just make sure you can ride and STOP safely. I ever got my legs entangled with hanging stuff at the leg room.

I'm moving off GP Esso on Sat morning 630am or 7am... what time are you moving off?

I'm heading up KL (maybe would even visit KL Givi to look-see)

i be at gp esso on sat morning also.. moving off 630 to kuantan..

mayb we able to see each other =)

bro chubb,chaochao, u guys really enjoy touring.. lol, how i wish i can go touring that frequent too.. my workplace wanna get leave so hard.. lol

My Rides

bro chubb,chaochao, u guys really enjoy touring.. lol, how i wish i can go touring that frequent too.. my workplace wanna get leave so hard.. lol

dis year i didnt tour much also.. hee..

somemore now on fuoco i scare to go far places as its a new machine to e market, spares may not be easy to find in msia..

dis year i didnt tour much also.. hee..

somemore now on fuoco i scare to go far places as its a new machine to e market, spares may not be easy to find in msia..

KL should have spares as there are Fuocos there

TEAM RedBull Singapore

Daniel aka bigcow +65 9105-0569

ScooTourers: Have Scooter, Will Travel...

well, juz came back yest from kuantan, east msia..

i mus say e ride was not as fun as i tot..

very scary, even scarier den cameron highlands i had 3 weeks ago.

fuoco cant really take bends above 100kph..

handle bar wobbles v hard.

and had hard time overtaking vehicles..

hard time keeping up wif my frens.. and had to juz ride 100kph in relax mode.. haa

i guess e wobble at high speed is due to our 2 front wheels suspension working @ different timing.

Guest chaochao
yeah,true.. wonder is they know how to service fuoco anot..

We'll know if they know if you take back your scooter and discover only go two wheels!! Hahahaha... :cheeky:

Guest chaochao
wonder how big is the Givi shop at KL.. anyone been there?

I'm supposed to go KL Givi, but when I got to KL, I grew too comfy to leave the apartment's air-con. Anyway - not getting the Givi windshield.

Guest chaochao
well, juz came back yest from kuantan, east msia..

i mus say e ride was not as fun as i tot..

very scary, even scarier den cameron highlands i had 3 weeks ago.

fuoco cant really take bends above 100kph..

handle bar wobbles v hard.

and had hard time overtaking vehicles..

hard time keeping up wif my frens.. and had to juz ride 100kph in relax mode.. haa

i guess e wobble at high speed is due to our 2 front wheels suspension working @ different timing.

I do find that the front wobbles when doing bend at high speeds - that's some times. I learn that if you lean your body it wobbles less. I have yet to take on twisties - would be my next test-target.

Last weekend's shoot up to KL, I did three speeds - 140kph for 150KM. 120kph for 130km (this one most torturous as I keep dozing off) and 150kph for 125km.

There is no difference in F/C for 140kph and 150kph. But when going 120kph it yields 20KM/L. Not bad.

Would agree with Chubb that the torque in Fuoco is not enough to do some proper overtaking in NSH. For me, I have to improvise. Only overtake vehicles which you can go +20kph more than your current speed. Cut diagonally into spaces instead of in-between as the power and torque of Fuoco is limited. Of course, with max speed of 160kph (meter), gotta let more cars have right of way on the faster lane.

Despite the milder power and torque - the Fuoco never cease to grab attention when I entered KL. So what lacks in performance is made up with "good looks" and "hey-ma-no-legs" feature!!!

when riding in east msia @ speed of 100-120kph, im getting 26km/l

amaze by it..

wow,26km/l that's alot.. btw,have you guys ever ride till the end of the red bar (fuel)? very often when i saw the reserve light on, i start looking for petrol kiosk liao,haha..

My Rides

no i didnt.. whenever reserve is on i will look for petrol, rather den almost finish den kan chiong look for it..

and btw.. if intend to go east msia plan route well as they dun let us pump 95 petrol.. my fren almost went out of petrol and they die die dun let him pump.. so hav to look out for kiosk wif 97+ see liao juz pump.. dun wait..

I'm getting 26 km/l in Singapore with 90% highway use averaging 65 km daily.

We are supposed to have 2 l of reserve after low light coming on.I've ridden 40+ km till end of red bar and didn't exceed 11 l of top up.My ride is stock anyway and please don't risk getting stuck with no petrol since I say can ride till end of red bar....heheheheeee.

Guest chaochao
wow,26km/l that's alot.. btw,have you guys ever ride till the end of the red bar (fuel)? very often when i saw the reserve light on, i start looking for petrol kiosk liao,haha..

I've hit 280KM with 200ml fuel left in tank - city riding :p