SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Bbdc (2015)

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!!! Counting down to the number of days....

Yeah! After 3 months and 4 days, passed on my first attempt! Just got home after a gruelling day. Completed the mandatory Expressway Familiarisation Course and had to wait for quite a while for license application (long queue at TP office). But in any case, FINALLY!!.... hahah...

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

Actually, passing rate today is quite high - 39 passed in the class of about 50 people.

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Yeah! After 3 months and 4 days, passed on my first attempt! Just got home after a gruelling day. Completed the mandatory Expressway Familiarisation Course and had to wait for quite a while for license application (long queue at TP office). But in any case, FINALLY!!.... hahah...

Congratulations lkm!

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

Congratulations lkm!

Sent from my SM-A500G using Tapatalk

Thanks, thanks! =)

• 1 month later...

congratulations! have u gotten a bike yet? if yes maybe we can have a ride out one day!

• 2 weeks later...
congratulations! have u gotten a bike yet? if yes maybe we can have a ride out one day!

Yup! Got myself a 200NS - as much cc as I could get on a 2B license....

Hi bros, I want to enroll for 2b at bbdc in 1-2 months, just want to know how Long you took to finish the whole thing, how many lesson per week and how much it costed you.

Thanks

It took me 3months and 4 days to complete my 2b. I have a class 3 license - so no need to take basic theory test. That might have helped. Average about 1-2 lessons a week. I think I spent about $1k in all - that includes the extra self-practice lessons which is $15 each 100min session.

One thing I learnt only after I enrolled - you can check out the available theory test and practical test dates on all 3 centres. They publish it on their respective websites. My longest wait was for the RTT - had to wait 2 months!! In fact, I finished almost all my practical lessons even before I took RTT. Wait for the TP practical test was about 1 month for me. So total about 3 months.

Good luck! And remember, have fun while learning to ride. It makes the sessions so much more enjoyable!

BTW, why are you waiting 1-2 months before enrolling? If you really have the intention of doing it, enrol asap (enrolment fee $58.85). Complete your theory lessons ($17.12 ea) and book your theory test ($6.50). You can always start your practical sessions later if you want.

Edited by lkm

It took me 3months and 4 days to complete my 2b. I have a class 3 license - so no need to take basic theory test. That might have helped. Average about 1-2 lessons a week. I think I spent about $1k in all - that includes the extra self-practice lessons which is $15 each 100min session.

One thing I learnt only after I enrolled - you can check out the available theory test and practical test dates on all 3 centres. They publish it on their respective websites. My longest wait was for the RTT - had to wait 2 months!! In fact, I finished almost all my practical lessons even before I took RTT. Wait for the TP practical test was about 1 month for me. So total about 3 months.

Good luck! And remember, have fun while learning to ride. It makes the sessions so much more enjoyable!

BTW, why are you waiting 1-2 months before enrolling? If you really have the intention of doing it, enrol asap (enrolment fee $58.85). Complete your theory lessons ($17.12 ea) and book your theory test ($6.50). You can always start your practical sessions later if you want.

Oh I see thanks, I'm saving up money for licence and to buy a laptop for poly. But maybe I'll do the theory and btt straightaway.

I'm enrolling this Friday

Oh I see thanks, I'm saving up money for licence and to buy a laptop for poly. But maybe I'll do the theory and btt straightaway.

I'm enrolling this Friday

All the best! =)

can i check is it compulsory to put on elbow n knee guard for all lessons?

No... Only the first few lessons (higher risk of fall due to unfamiliarity), and lessons involving emergency braking. No need for other lessons. No need to practical test too.

Oh, and if you are on self-practice, there's no instructor guidance, and you'll need to put on the guards too.

Hais I failed basic theory and riding theory evaluation :(

Did you do all 5 "booklets" self-study for the respective tests? Answers are all there. The questions will repeat one.

Anyway, one tip.... The TP RTT questions are exactly the same as the ones in the practice booklets. So book a self-study session on the same day just before the actual test. Practice on those and you will breeze through the test. Coz between your evaluation and actual test date, I gurantee you'll forget most of the questions and answers already.

No... Only the first few lessons (higher risk of fall due to unfamiliarity), and lessons involving emergency braking. No need for other lessons. No need to practical test too.

Oh, and if you are on self-practice, there's no instructor guidance, and you'll need to put on the guards too.

thanks...so i guess don't need to buy can just use theirs ya?

ride safe today,ride again tomorrow

thanks...so i guess don't need to buy can just use theirs ya?

Correct. Although the condition of the guards aren't too fantastic. But since it's worn on the outside, it really doesn't matter....

Did you do all 5 "booklets" self-study for the respective tests? Answers are all there. The questions will repeat one.

Anyway, one tip.... The TP RTT questions are exactly the same as the ones in the practice booklets. So book a self-study session on the same day just before the actual test. Practice on those and you will breeze through the test. Coz between your evaluation and actual test date, I gurantee you'll forget most of the questions and answers already.

woots! i passed basic theory and riding theory evaluation!

going for first prac next monday, not sure when to book BTT