SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

honda jazz or fit?

xiao mei

Originally posted by JJBuBBle@Dec 14 2005, 01:38 PM

U dam power lor, dint test drive & you bought it :giddy:

Hum . . . good question, where to test drive. . . . dint u try asking your saleman if can test drive?

He dun hav leh,only got 1 new car for display,cannot drive.:sian:

I tinking goin any shop selling except KAH coz they only got Jazz

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by akapovic1@Dec 14 2005, 02:32 PM

wat was the deal u get? share share leh:cheeky:

Not done yet, maybe going down in the next few weeks to check it out, price right then tok abt the freebies lor, but you got a good deal man. :thumb:

Originally posted by JJBuBBle@Dec 14 2005, 03:03 PM

Not done yet, maybe going down in the next few weeks to check it out, price right then tok abt the freebies lor, but you got a good deal man. :thumb:

Btw issit all new cars come wif full tank petrol upon collection?Or like bike like that,dry 1?:confused:

Originally posted by akapovic1@Dec 14 2005, 03:44 PM

Btw issit all new cars come wif full tank petrol upon collection?Or like bike like that,dry 1?:confused:

Depends on the distributor .... some of them do give a full tank ... I do recall not having to top up petrol when I collected from Kah Motors (Honda) and Regent Motors (Ford) :smile:

Of course, this also means they have made enough profit from you to make a full tank of petrol a no-issue o_O

Adventure

Getting lost is part of the fun

Aug 2003 - Oct 2004: Kawasaki KRR150

Oct 2004 - Feb 2006: Honda CBR400RRR

Oct 2005 - Jun 2006: Honda Wave R

Nov 2005 - ???: Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird

Akan Datang: Suzuki GSX-R600K6

Originally posted by akapovic1@Dec 14 2005, 03:44 PM

Full!!! U wait long long :lol: enough for u to go to the nearest petrol station to top up full tank. Hey want to bring ur new babe to 2nd for petrol & run in. . . . . Wahahahaha

Originally posted by misterbean@Dec 14 2005, 04:06 PM

Depends on the distributor .... some of them do give a full tank ... I do recall not having to top up petrol when I collected from Kah Motors (Honda) and Regent Motors (Ford) :smile:

Of course, this also means they have made enough profit from you to make a full tank of petrol a no-issue o_O

kekekeke yar yar yar, then I will add that into my christmas car buy list, "Full Tank Vpower, min must be Ron98" :lol: :p

Originally posted by Shawn--@Dec 14 2005, 01:45 AM

issit this 1?

http://img502.imageshack.us/img502/944/vitz8ur.png

The latest make is which year? How much issit 1st hand and second hand?? :confused:

wa! wher u get this bro? super chio :lovestruck: .. this is '03-04 model.. the latest is slightly different.. new '05 model selling abt $50k.. 2nd hand i think veri hard to get as most of them were exported due to the high parf n COE...check out sgcarmart n they have lotsa dealers.. this car have bodykit and hop up parts too... once a very popular K-car during the 90s as COE is so ex and this is the cheapest car to get at $60+k... COE reali kills :giddy: ..

Originally posted by JJBuBBle@Dec 14 2005, 05:09 PM

kekekeke yar yar yar, then I will add that into my christmas car buy list, "Full Tank Vpower, min must be Ron98" :lol: :p

hahaa gd idea... 'arh' with the salesman la, like bike give helmet, box etc.. ask them give free polish, free full tank, free EO.. muz chop them.. :sweat: ... but if they give 92 full tank then how ?..

Originally posted by Touch n Go@Dec 14 2005, 11:59 PM

hahaa gd idea... 'arh' with the salesman la, like bike give helmet, box etc.. ask them give free polish, free full tank, free EO.. muz chop them.. :sweat: ... but if they give 92 full tank then how ?..

:confused: Ron 92 . . . . . . . Guess got to smell lor, the strong the smell the higher the oct level it have lor :lol: Maybe ask for V-power, blue colour see know liao. :cheeky:

Oh BTW, got info from other Forum abt Jazz & Fit. Seem that the car got a few problem.

1) Need to reset ECU system (wat is that)?

2) Petrol consumption ~13km/litre (1.3/ 1.4), Guess they are refer more on JAzz.

3) Air Con not cold

4) Gear Box problem (guess tis is for the older model) :D

Anyone any idea? :confused:

Originally posted by akapovic1@Dec 15 2005, 09:19 AM

Siao liao, beta not be true..:nono:

Hmm..tink I will ask for a full tank,92 aso ok,can use for run in, beta than nothing:cheer:

Yup, min oct 92 & above, can lar :thumb:

Nor scaring you Wahaha :lol:

Aircon is not that powderful, not said it will spoil lar.

Comment from others like:

Fit 2003 Model, Practical and cheap to maintain

What things have gone wrong with the car? The air-con compressor failed at the end of 1 year, but that could be due to a frontal accident I had a month back, though I did not notice any damage to the compressor or engine at that time.

Almost the full range of 1.3 - 1.6 cc cars available was considered before the Jazz/Fit came up top in terms of cost of ownership & practicality.

After driving it for 2.5 months, I must say I've made the right choice.

I've no problem storing my 2 huge baby seats into the boot area, which is already filled with a stroller & kits knacks, whenever I needed space for back passengers. The fact that the back seats are flat & do not arch to fit the butt may means less comfort to some, but it is most practical when trying to squeeze as many passengers as possible into the car. I've attempted carrying 2 adults, 2 teenagers & a toddler at the back, though it's only for a 20 minutes journey.

Power wise, the car did not suffer even under such a load, with me & another teenager in front. The car has no problem reaching top speed of 110km/h though it is not a car that one would go for in terms of raw acceleration power. Honda has other models that cater to those who have racing instinct. Most of my friends who test drove my car was however quite surprise by the power a 1.34cc car could offer.

In terms of fuel economy, I'm averaging around 15.5km/l.

The flexible seat had came in handy once, since I took over the possession of the car, when I loaded the car with 100 packs of lunch boxes & other extras for a group outing.

The interior is a tad of too much plastic, but it does offer lot's of storage options.

The high seating position makes it easy to get in & out of the car as well as carrying my toddlers into their car seats.

The Continuous Variable Timing transmission offers very smooth ride & zero power loss even with the air-con in full blast.

Oh, my only complain is that the air-con is not as cold as was offered by my previous Nissan Sunny.

2004:

Still loving this car for its power though it's only a 1.34.

Also enjoying the space & the very flexible seat & cargo combination.

My fuel consumption is now at 15.9km/l (base on the digital meter) when on 92 Octane & 16.3 km/l when on 95 octane. This really wows me & keeps me smiling.

With 2 adults & 2 toddlers in the car, the car starts to feel the wind lift when at 140km/hr. Didn't dare to move faster in case I lost control.

There's an occasional slight vibration at around 1200-1500 rpm when moving off from standstill. It's believe to be normal & resetting the ECU (I think it means: Engine Control Unit) sometimes helps.

Though it uses 8 spark plugs, the lower frequency of replacement compensates for the cost.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good look, FC, but suspected design reliability 2002 model

What things have gone wrong with the car? EGR had to be replaced when the car encountered jerking at about 1500rpm.

Car is experiencing vibration at 1500rpm. This is believe to be either due to the lockup clutch wear or the CVT fluid used not being optimized.

General comments? This is an update from my earlier report in 2003.

Overall, the fuel consumption is still hovering around 16.1km/litre at 95 Octane petrol with 50% city & 50% highway driving.

In the earlier post, I mention that the car jerks at 1500rpm & the problem was resolved by resetting the ECU. However, over time, the engine failure light start to light up. It can be reset by disconnecting the batteries, but it'll light up again when the accelerator is depressed hashly.

It was later learn that the EGR valve is not working properly. I had it replaced (DIY) & the problem went away. Understand from some forumer that the EGR could be cleaned. Tried doing it myself, but it just seem too impossible.

Next, I encounter some vibration when the car was at 1500rpm when the car is moving off from standstill. This happen when the car was 2.5 years old.

Understand that the CVT solution (ATF-Z1) Honda uses was not optimized. They have since recommended using CVTF or HMMF. This provide better friction. I've yet to replace the CVT fluid, but have heard testimonies that the new solution will take longer time to breakdown, thus offering a longer period between changes.

In any case, some are recommending that the CVT fluid be replaced every 10K instead of the recommended (Instruction booklet) of 40K. If so, this would offset the savings one get from the excellent fuel consumption that this car offer.

This is still a very versatile car with it's seat which can be folded till you get a flat bed in the cabin. It had allowed me to transport many bulky item including a large baby crib.

As this car is bought through a parallel importer, I did not expect good after sales service. The 1st EGR issues was not fully acknowledge resulting in myself having to resolve it through a private mechanic.

-----------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by Shawn@ PostedDec 15 2005@ 12:36 AM

FL 1.5 fit is manual or auto wan? Is there any diff in terms of performance btw 1.5 fit and 1.3 fit?? And wad about da fuel consumptions?? Any fit owner can ans pls pls...

1.3 is i-DSI & 1.5 is i-Vtec

In SG a 1.3 Fit can get ard ~16km/litres, for me 18-20km/ Litre I will be a happy man :lol:

Review

The Honda Fit has a 1.3-litre engine (63) with acronyms - i-VTEC and i-DSI intensive combustion technology and said to achieve 4.35 litres per 100km .. This is achieved through a lot of `swirl', narrow valve angles, and dual spark plugs/cyl. The piston skirts are "molybdenum impregnated" to reduce friction.

Safety features include a centrally positioned fuel tank, and a body claimed to "withstand a full-frontal barrier collision at 55km/h, a side offset collision at 64km/h, side impacts at 55km/h and rear collisions at 50 km/h." Twin front airbags are standard.

The rear seats fold in a 60:40 split, and can be folded flat, to make the most of the interior space.

Originally posted by JJBuBBle@Dec 15 2005, 09:05 AM

Oh BTW, got info from other Forum abt Jazz & Fit. Seem that the car got a few problem.

1) Need to reset EGR system (wat is that)?

2) Petrol consumption ~13km/litre (1.3/ 1.4), Guess they are refer more on JAzz.

3) Air Con not cold

4) Gear Box problem (guess tis is for the older model) :D

Anyone any idea? :confused:

which forum u went to? from wat i noe, we onli reset the ecu, egr valve cannot reset one....

fc pretty much depends on ur route n driving pattern....if u all the way city driving, u should get 13 - 14km/l.....in case u all dunno, fit 1.3 n jazz 1.4 r both 1339cc.....they r the same.......so dun think jazz makan more petrol than fit

my air con pretty cold after i went to flush the whole system...

gearbox prob - something to do with the atf i guess... i kena b4, after changing to the new cvtf, prob solved....

No Time To Think Of One

Originally posted by akapovic1@Dec 15 2005, 09:52 AM

Yup, I read bout that aso. But wats the top speed?Kind of blur explanation leh:confused:

I read on something @ 140km/hrs (no in SG) then seem front abit too lite & dare no push futher.

Type, noy sure they dint spec out was it a 1.3 or 1.5. :confused:

Originally posted by [V]tec@Dec 15 2005, 09:57 AM

which forum u went to? from wat i noe, we onli reset the ecu, egr valve cannot reset one....

fc pretty much depends on ur route n driving pattern....if u all the way city driving, u should get 13 - 14km/l.....in case u all dunno, fit 1.3 n jazz 1.4 r both 1339cc.....they r the same.......so dun think jazz makan more petrol than fit

my air con pretty cold after i went to flush the whole system...

gearbox prob - something to do with the atf i guess... i kena b4, after changing to the new cvtf, prob solved....

Gearbox problem?ATF?wa chim,wats that?:help:

Originally posted by akapovic1@Dec 15 2005, 10:03 AM

Gearbox problem?ATF?wa chim,wats that?:help:

ATF: Auto Transmission Fluid ... something you usually won't find in bikes :cheeky:

Adventure

Originally posted by [V]tec@Dec 15 2005, 10:01 AM

how come my fit is vtec without the I

I also blur ... the Fit is using the i-vtec already? :confused:

Adventure

Originally posted by Touch n Go@Dec 14 2005, 11:53 PM

wa! wher u get this bro? super chio :lovestruck: .. this is '03-04 model.. the latest is slightly different.. new '05 model selling abt $50k.. 2nd hand i think veri hard to get as most of them were exported due to the high parf n COE...check out sgcarmart n they have lotsa dealers.. this car have bodykit and hop up parts too... once a very popular K-car during the 90s as COE is so ex and this is the cheapest car to get at $60+k... COE reali kills :giddy: ..

Chio right.. haha. With bodykits can really change the outlook. Sometime on road, i seen fit/getz/jazz fully stock, i was like EeEEe so ugly. Then i reach went my fren's car accessories shop at paya ubi. I saw a few fit and getz.. i was like OMG. :lovestruck: Actually Vitz dun really see much on road.

I forgot where i got da pic from, but i search under image at yahoo/google.com.

Later will upload a suzuki swift at its thread, tat 1 more chio.

"When you use your index finger to point at a problem, there are 3 fingers of yours, discreetly pointing at yourself"