SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

The Start of my riding life.

Sigara

Normal servicing at workshop but can be done by yourself also.

Take note. Difference item different mileage to replace.

Engine oil (EO)

Brake pad

oil filter

spark plug.

tires.

Very simple thing that you can do by yourself regularly is to

wash the bike

clean the chain if very dirty.( After rain, better lubricate it to prolong the usage).

check engine oil level

make sure all lights and horn working. see if brake light lights up.

check tire threads

check brake pad.

Maybe before riding, start the engine and allow it to idle for a couple of minutes to warm up.

Great explanation here Genius. I've got a screen shot of this post and will save it for regular checks on my bike. Thanks buddy !

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since you are new rider, I think you better learn about what to do when your motorcycle is damaged during an accident too. ( touchwood!!)

Better put in your insurance company/agent number in your phone.

If its a hit and run, nvr move your vehicle, call agent immediately to ask what is the next course of action.

If the other party agreed to compensate then very simple. See how he want compensate first.

Update update !!!! I've already signed for my first 2B bike. I got it from Albert motor supply. Insurance for my Honda Nsr sp150 was quoted by them @ 1.3k under Msig. Machine price was 5k. Took a 36 month in house loan and have to pay $179 per month. Im looking forward to get on the road ASAP!!! Hope to still continue hearing tips and advices from all you seniors out there.

Envy, envy, envy. I'm still taking my 2B lessons...hahah

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

Since you are new rider, I think you better learn about what to do when your motorcycle is damaged during an accident too. ( touchwood!!)

Better put in your insurance company/agent number in your phone.

If its a hit and run, nvr move your vehicle, call agent immediately to ask what is the next course of action.

If the other party agreed to compensate then very simple. See how he want compensate first.

Totally forgot about that! Thanks for the reminder. My insurance company is Msig. Gonna have their 24 hour hotline number saved in my phone

Update update !!!! I've already signed for my first 2B bike. I got it from Albert motor supply. Insurance for my Honda Nsr sp150 was quoted by them @ 1.3k under Msig. Machine price was 5k. Took a 36 month in house loan and have to pay $179 per month. Im looking forward to get on the road ASAP!!! Hope to still continue hearing tips and advices from all you seniors out there.

'Well Done! Be safe and ride defensively. Read driver's reaction and never stay in blind spot for too long as always will put u in unfavourable position.

'Well Done! Be safe and ride defensively. Read driver's reaction and never stay in blind spot for too long as always will put u in unfavourable position.

Yes boss! Never staying in drivers blind spot. In fact I think in gonna be the kind of rider who will stay in the center of the lane at all times so that I will be more noticeable,safety purpose ! And also to show off my bike hahah! Ride safe man and see you on the sg road

Yes boss! Never staying in drivers blind spot. In fact I think in gonna be the kind of rider who will stay in the center of the lane at all times so that I will be more noticeable,safety purpose ! And also to show off my bike hahah! Ride safe man and see you on the sg road

No worries. Be sure ride to be seen. Give me a frjendly wave when u see me on a white ST1300 with white helmet.

Congrats Sigara, welcome to the bike world. :D

Can share some info about the hire purchase procedure? How much the down payment that need to be paid before bike can on the road? (The 0% down payment) Seem the machine price 5K + insurance 1.3k + admin fee (how much?). So you pay $179 per month (took a 36 month in house load) & what about the warranty of the bike also does is need any guarantor (how many) during the hire purchase? :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by FireGunz

• 2 weeks later...
Congrats Sigara, welcome to the bike world. :D

Can share some info about the hire purchase procedure? How much the down payment that need to be paid before bike can on the road? (The 0% down payment) Seem the machine price 5K + insurance 1.3k + admin fee (how much?). So you pay $179 per month (took a 36 month in house load) & what about the warranty of the bike also does is need any guarantor (how many) during the hire purchase? :)

In order for bike to be on the road i had to pay my insurance fully which is 1.3k. So i deposit $800 balance of $500 will be paid tomorrow when i take out my bike which is until 2020 for the Coe. So taking out my insurance price the bike it self is at 5k. Including admin fee and misc it was roughly at 5.5k. warranty wise the guy mentioned that have a 2 month warranty for servicing only. When black and white paper was out for hire purchase it was stated on it so i asked the guy then he said 'warranty is only verbal bro' i got scared and said how can it be verbal ? in the end he wrote on the hire purchase document and signed on it. Yup i need two guarantor for my bike hire purchase. :):)

In order for bike to be on the road i had to pay my insurance fully which is 1.3k. So i deposit $800 balance of $500 will be paid tomorrow when i take out my bike which is until 2020 for the Coe. So taking out my insurance price the bike it self is at 5k. Including admin fee and misc it was roughly at 5.5k. warranty wise the guy mentioned that have a 2 month warranty for servicing only. When black and white paper was out for hire purchase it was stated on it so i asked the guy then he said 'warranty is only verbal bro' i got scared and said how can it be verbal ? in the end he wrote on the hire purchase document and signed on it. Yup i need two guarantor for my bike hire purchase. :):)

Hi Sigara, thank for sharing the info. Ride safe & welcome to SP world... :)

Edited by FireGunz

Bro, I'm assuming that you must have collected your ride today? How's it going for you? Ride safe yah!

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...