SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

The Start of my riding life.

Sigara

:help::help: As the title above says. Firstly guys i just passed my class 2B about 2 months ago. Have always wanted to get a sportsbike. Debate has been going on for months if i should go for a Honda Nsr Sp150 or Kawasaki KRR 150. (Personally i still prefer the KRR) but i decided to get whichever bike that comes in my way first,meaning that whichever one i am able to find and afford at a reasonable price for now. After making trips down to some of the bike shops out there, in the end i managed to find one Nsr SP150 from a shop named Albert Motor Supply @ Bukit Merah. Now the real reason for my post is basically to ask if any of you senior riders out there have any feedback for Albert Motor ? Is it reliable ? Im a type of person who doesnt mind paying extra if it means affordable in my budget and what im getting is worthwhile. Am i going to the right place ? Secondly and also an important question. When i head down to view the bike at the shop, what are the things that i have to look out for in the bike ? Eg: engine sound,leakage. Thats the only 2 i can name out because thats all i know. I really need your help guys. Please tell me on what are important factors i have to look out for when viewing the bike. I would much greatly appreciate any and all comments. I hope for the best and thanks to anyone who took time to read this post and commented if any.

Starting a new journey~~

Looking for advice~~

Ride safe all and see you on the road!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More sportsbikes -

yamaha TZM 150, Yamaha R15 v1,Yamaha R15 V2, Yamaha R125

Aprilla RS125, Aprilla RS4 125

Honda CBR150R, Honda CBR125

Daelim roadwin R125

cagiva mito

Rieju RS3 125

KTM RC200

Appreciate your reply man. To be honest since my secondary school days I've dreamt of a Yamah R15. Especially now that the V2 is out! But after growing up and learning about the market price I don't think I cant afford one now. Hopefully I'll get one in my days to come. Oh any among all the bikes you mentioned personally which is the best for yourself in your opinion ?

I don't have experience buying fm bike shops... but I suggest u ask for warranty of say 6 mths or at least 3 mths that covers everything and any parts replaced to be new and not used / refurbished.

Appreciate your reply and Good idea there bro. I think yes it a must that I'll have to ask for a minimum warranty of maybe at least 3 months.

Hmm I don't really know much 4 strokes out there. But Yamaha R15 would be my first choice definitely! For now I think I can only manage a cheaper bike and most of which are of 2 stroke. That's one of the reason why I've decided on getting a 2 stroke. Oh and thanks for your reply!

If you are set on Sp150, I think one of the things you should check is the exterior maybe? Cause its the easiest to see.

check whether bike easy to start. listen to the throttle noise.

Checking whether the bike is easy to start I guess I'll be able to do that. When I'm checking for the throttle noise what kind of noise should I be listening for ? A rough one ? A smooth yet powerful one ?

The sound I not really sure, but u can try see Rpm got fluctuate or not in idle/neutral.

For this bike, go to the sp150 thread. There got alot of people that can help u. U can try do a search in that thread too. Haha.

A few questions u may want to ask the dealer is something like which parts just changed(chain, tire threads), engine got overhaul before, exhaust stock or? etc...

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/79658-Honda-NSR150SP-Riders/page2798

:help::help: As the title above says. Firstly guys i just passed my class 2B about 2 months ago. Have always wanted to get a sportsbike. Debate has been going on for months if i should go for a Honda Nsr Sp150 or Kawasaki KRR 150. (Personally i still prefer the KRR) but i decided to get whichever bike that comes in my way first,meaning that whichever one i am able to find and afford at a reasonable price for now. After making trips down to some of the bike shops out there, in the end i managed to find one Nsr SP150 from a shop named Albert Motor Supply @ Bukit Merah. Now the real reason for my post is basically to ask if any of you senior riders out there have any feedback for Albert Motor ? Is it reliable ? Im a type of person who doesnt mind paying extra if it means affordable in my budget and what im getting is worthwhile. Am i going to the right place ? Secondly and also an important question. When i head down to view the bike at the shop, what are the things that i have to look out for in the bike ? Eg: engine sound,leakage. Thats the only 2 i can name out because thats all i know. I really need your help guys. Please tell me on what are important factors i have to look out for when viewing the bike. I would much greatly appreciate any and all comments. I hope for the best and thanks to anyone who took time to read this post and commented if any.

Starting a new journey~~

Looking for advice~~

Ride safe all and see you on the road!

Hi there, Sigara. about buy a bike there is one thing need to know is the insurance price are different from the bike especially fresh 2B license (under probation), some may 1k onward or some may less 1k too.. example about this 2 bike model - Kawasaki KRR 150 the insurance price around 1k or more depends on the your age too. As for SP might be less then 1k (still depend your age again) also so far, i think only NTUC is available (other company might not available) to buy during 2B probation but you still check around with it. :)

Buy from shop the bike, some may or may not include the insurance also about the warranty for the bike by shop it might be a month (it may be just a week too) either by tips (may 3k) of riding (reason old bike wear & tear). Most of the shop don't want to hold that kind of responsibility for your bike & the last thing it depends on your luck buy the old bike (bike conditions)... honestly old bike really can't compare to new bike beside those bike mostly it may more then 10 year too. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Edited by FireGunz

Yes that's right, but what you can afford first.

And my insurance for kr, 18 yrs old p plate was 1.3k. Now should be around the same. Pls don't buy the bikes there unless u have some rider friends

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

The sound I not really sure, but u can try see Rpm got fluctuate or not in idle/neutral.

For this bike, go to the sp150 thread. There got alot of people that can help u. U can try do a search in that thread too. Haha.

A few questions u may want to ask the dealer is something like which parts just changed(chain, tire threads), engine got overhaul before, exhaust stock or? etc...

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/79658-Honda-NSR150SP-Riders/page2798

Thats some good points to take note. Also thanks for the link to the Nsr Sp150 thread dude!

Hi there, Sigara. about buy a bike there is one thing need to know is the insurance price are different from the bike especially fresh 2B license (under probation), some may 1k onward or some may less 1k too.. example about this 2 bike model - Kawasaki KRR 150 the insurance price around 1k or more depends on the your age too. As for SP might be less then 1k (still depend your age again) also so far, i think only NTUC is available (other company might not available) to buy during 2B probation but you still check around with it. :)

Buy from shop the bike, some may or may not include the insurance also about the warranty for the bike by shop it might be a month (it may be just a week too) either by tips (may 3k) of riding (reason old bike wear & tear). Most of the shop don't want to hold that kind of responsibility for your bike & the last thing it depends on your luck buy the old bike (bike conditions)... honestly old bike really can't compare to new bike beside those bike mostly it may more then 10 year too. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Nice you made it so clear for me but i guess i dont really understand everything you said. maybe its because im still new to this. Hmmmm anyways thanks for all your effort in replying man! Will try to learn as much as possible from all of you and the rest's tips.

Nice you made it so clear for me but i guess i dont really understand everything you said. maybe its because im still new to this. Hmmmm anyways thanks for all your effort in replying man! Will try to learn as much as possible from all of you and the rest's tips.

i think he meant that, u might be able to get a newer bike with a lower insurance premium.

some type of bikes, especially sp and krr, are "branded/marked" by insurers as "high-risk" bike, high accident rate, coupled with low experience (age and/or years of license) it's very common for these bike's premium to shoot above 1k sgd/year.

2nd paragraph is mainly to ask u to look out for terms and condition when buying from shops. warranty duration, what it covers.

Blacky Aka Xiao Hei May 2011 to ???

i think he meant that, u might be able to get a newer bike with a lower insurance premium.

some type of bikes, especially sp and krr, are "branded/marked" by insurers as "high-risk" bike, high accident rate, coupled with low experience (age and/or years of license) it's very common for these bike's premium to shoot above 1k sgd/year.

2nd paragraph is mainly to ask u to look out for terms and condition when buying from shops. warranty duration, what it covers.

Yup true enough. That those bikes are marked as high risk and that's why the insurance is quoted at a higher price. I guess nothing can be done about that it the bike I'm looking for is one of these high risk bikes

so you can compare around esp 2nd hand newer bike against those high risk bike, with the insurance.

then you might be able to see the real cost of owning these bikes, which is actually more affordable.

not to mention the number of repairs needed

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

Blacky Aka Xiao Hei May 2011 to ???

Update update !!!! I've already signed for my first 2B bike. I got it from Albert motor supply. Insurance for my Honda Nsr sp150 was quoted by them @ 1.3k under Msig. Machine price was 5k. Took a 36 month in house loan and have to pay $179 per month. Im looking forward to get on the road ASAP!!! Hope to still continue hearing tips and advices from all you seniors out there.

1. Congrats! & Welcome to riders world.

2. It sounds you are very excited, and you should be.

3. Don't be over-excited, remember SAFETY FIRST.

4. Welcome again, and Ride Safe.

Update update !!!! I've already signed for my first 2B bike. I got it from Albert motor supply. Insurance for my Honda Nsr sp150 was quoted by them @ 1.3k under Msig. Machine price was 5k. Took a 36 month in house loan and have to pay $179 per month. Im looking forward to get on the road ASAP!!! Hope to still continue hearing tips and advices from all you seniors out there.
Four Wheels Move the Body, Two Wheels Move the Soul.

Honda Phantom TA200 || Kawasaki ZXR400 || Yamaha YZF-R6 http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/443649.png

congrats ! ride safe everyone !

Yamaha YZF R15-V1

Honda RVF 400

Yamaha YZF R1

Ducati Monster 696

Ducati Multistrada 1200S Sports

BMW R1200GS Adventure

Gratz on your first bike! rmb to maintain your bike!

Normal servicing at workshop but can be done by yourself also.

Take note. Difference item different mileage to replace.

Engine oil (EO)

Brake pad

oil filter

spark plug.

tires.

Very simple thing that you can do by yourself regularly is to

wash the bike

clean the chain if very dirty.( After rain, better lubricate it to prolong the usage).

check engine oil level

make sure all lights and horn working. see if brake light lights up.

check tire threads

check brake pad.

Maybe before riding, start the engine and allow it to idle for a couple of minutes to warm up.