SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

FUZZYmob Racing School

5thRider

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi guys,

Sorry for my ignorance, if i am interested in learning through the SMSA Racing school, besides getting the proper gear, is it necessary to OWN a Sports bike? :help:

Life is Precious , You Only Live Once

OCT 2003 - Dec 2005 >>>> Honda Wave S 125

Dec 2005 - Present >>>> Honda Phamton TA200

Its Project time

Originally posted by G_S_J@Apr 10 2006, 04:18 PM

Hi guys,

Sorry for my ignorance, if i am interested in learning through the SMSA Racing school, besides getting the proper gear, is it necessary to OWN a Sports bike? :help:

The course covers mainly track riding techniques. So I guess a sports bike is preferable. I can't imagine trying to hangout on a cruiser...

But, do check with the instructor/organiser. Drop him an email if you have any queries.

Past: KDX200, LC4 400, LC4 620, GSXR750WR

Present: CBR900RRY, Gas Gas EC250, XR250L, XR250RV, XR400 (motard-ed), NX650 Dominator

Originally posted by G_S_J@Apr 10 2006, 04:18 PM

Hi guys,

Never seen anyone race on a phantom. Think a wave or a small sportsbike would be much better. He teaches you the correct sequence, technique. Lines are personal. After that, just keep practising these foundation things, and you'll cut down on your timing soon.

RIDE SAFELY ON THE ROAD, BURN RUBBER AT THE TRACK

But supposely i dn own a sports bike...then how is the instrutor going to teach me? ...I believe there are pratical sessions rite?...:confused: If i do get a Wave, then riding technique would also be different as the bike structure is diff from the actual racing sports bike...:confused:

Its Project time

There is only 1 3 hour session. He teaches sequence, technique, then speed. Sequence and technicque are the same for all bikes playing track. The first 2 are the most important. Get that right, and you can increase your speed.

Cruisers were never meant for playing track. Their posture is all wrong. I really would suggest you go for a track session with your phantom and then you'll understand totally. For sportbikes, vespas and kup kias, you are in an upright position, and you can hang off and maneuveur much better.

Personally, I think this course is for those who have been to the track been to the track a couple of times. Because you only have a very short period of time to absorb everything. And it's really hard to break free from the bad habits. Personally, I would think it's really hard for you to concentrate fully if it were your first time on the track.

RIDE SAFELY ON THE ROAD, BURN RUBBER AT THE TRACK

Originally posted by G_S_J@Apr 11 2006, 12:14 PM

But supposely i dn own a sports bike...then how is the instrutor going to teach me? ...I believe there are pratical sessions rite?...:confused: If i do get a Wave, then riding technique would also be different as the bike structure is diff from the actual racing sports bike...:confused:

Techniques apply to 125 2-stroke sports and underbone, motards(other the different riding position) ,400 and open class 4 strokes machines.

I am NOT qualified to instruct on 4 stroke underbone racing. While SOME BASIC techniques apply, riding 4 stroke underbones FAST requires a rider to use specific techniques to operate the machine controls in a manner which I am not ready to instruct. Bottom line is, you will need a bike to attend the course.

Originally posted by Father John@Apr 11 2006, 01:57 PM

Personally, I think this course is for those who have been to the track a couple of times. Because you only have a very short period of time to absorb everything. And it's really hard to break free from the bad habits. Personally, I would think it's really hard for you to concentrate fully if it were your first time on the track.

I try to group first timers at the track together. But chances are, most riders taking the course have been to Johor circuit before. But yes, it could be difficult for first timers up to a point they are not likely to enjoy the course as it may be over whelming to have to learn so much in 4hrs, and that's where the local briefing comes in, to allow the riders to prepare as much as possible.

Having said that, a completely new rider tends to have an easier time learning as they have no bad habits to change in the first place. Even though techniques for finding machine limits are taught, it helps alot if riders are already familar with their machine as we can then concentrate on finding rider limits. the course I run for SMSA is a very tight course. What is normally a 6 FULL day, 3-level course is compressed greatly. Therefore, how much a rider learns is very much dependent on how well he prepared himself after my brief. When I run privately under my own school, a completely new rider will require a consecutive 2 day session just for level 1 alone, this does not even include classroom sessions.

Originally posted by Father John@Apr 11 2006, 01:57 PM

There is only 1 3 hour session. He teaches sequence, technique, then speed. Sequence and technicque are the same for all bikes playing track. The first 2 are the most important. Get that right, and you can increase your speed.

Cruisers were never meant for playing track. Their posture is all wrong. I really would suggest you go for a track session with your phantom and then you'll understand totally. For sportbikes, vespas and kup kias, you are in an upright position, and you can hang off and maneuveur much better.

Personally, I think this course is for those who have been to the track been to the track a couple of times. Because you only have a very short period of time to absorb everything. And it's really hard to break free from the bad habits. Personally, I would think it's really hard for you to concentrate fully if it were your first time on the track.

Track session with my phamton!! ...NO WAY!!..later cannot come back in one piece..:cheeky:

Its Project time

aiya , anybike also can go down to track . i have seen kap kias over take my 954 during the corners. so its more on the rider than the bike. just make sure you have protection. i.e leathers. wearing jeans and jacket is on the track is like jumping in bangkok bareback. anyway you would want to concentrate on the riding rather than worry what happens should i fall.

The More We get together , the Cheaper it gets !!

From JULY onwards, FuzZyMoB race school will have a 3 level program for riders.

(a) Level 1: New riders to short circuit riding and Beginners

(b) Basic Course

© Level 2: Experienced & Intermediate riders

(d) Level 3: Expert riders ( Guest Instructor )

Level 1 is for completely new riders to short circuit riding and riders who wish to get better acqainted with big capacity motorcycles. Course material will focus on basic riding skills and becoming sure of rider and motorcycle limits.

Experienced riders who wish to skip Level may have to go through the Basic course to make Level 2 worth attending as correct fundermentals must be in place first. This course is run at a much faster pace than Level 1.

Level 2 caters to riders already frequenting the track and highlights different techniques and areas to help riders improve and get ready for racing.

Level 3 will involve a Super graded instructor(Asia Pacific Level) to help those EXPERTS already competing to gain those last couple of seconds or those who simply want to be the Best they can be.

All levels will have Briefings lasting from 2-3hrs in Singapore at least 2 weeks before practice in Johor circuit. Riders should have relevant safety gear but things like laptimers and handouts will be provided.

Details out soon! Queries welcome through email. Watch this thread.

• 1 month later...

5thrider : just like to thank u for the time today.

corrected a few bad habits.....hopefully..the next time we met...i can do better in rain(thats assume snakeman is not infront/behind me).:sweat:

snakeman : nice meting u today ....and i will remind myself...not to stick to ur rear in track....lolz .mad is not the phase...it should be "insane" w good timing. :cheeky:

maryjane : nice meting u too.....see ur timing....really make me more pressure...lolz :cheeky:

http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/7007/sbfs101.jpg

RIDE it while u can.....NOT when u want !.

went to school for the 2nd time today. gotta play in the rain........scary but fun..........lets u know ur bike better.

i dun understand why r people always using words like crazy, mad and insane..............i still slow la.........everyone saw it today

Don't just break your laptimes, SHATTER them!!

Insanity is doing the same things over and over again and expecting different results - Albert Einstein, a German born theoretical physicist widely known as one of the greatest of all time

Originally posted by ambasnakeman@Jun 13 2006, 11:03 PM

i still slow la.........everyone saw it today

actually those "words" dun really "fit" u la.

but in all honesty....u aint slow.:cheeky:

Originally posted by Maryjane@Jun 14 2006, 10:19 AM

ermm ... u take my timing arr??

during the period where...rider at pit but two wheel out there lor.....lolz :cheeky:

Wah lau we!!

Used that kind tactic to beat me one..sigh..cannot lah!!:nono:

Heheheh..but ever if u get that fast i'm very happy cause u achieve the expectation for the lesson..meaning the technique works..:thumb:

Anyway..M.J see u sunday ah...

Remember must aim for the redline orite!!:lovestruck:

-Contact - [email protected] / +65 83121946

-Add me @ FaceBook = Saitoh Hajime

Support Local Brand,

Support Local Races,

Support Local Racers..!!:thumb: