SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Bajaj Pulsar Lovers 2007

chander_vr

guys beside the bike wonderful fc.. anything else?? more abt the engine or the suspension.. aything else would be great

BAJAJ Pulsar 180(apr06)-(nov07)

HONDA NSR 150 sp(nov07)-(mar09)

HONDA specIII(mar09)-(dec10)

HONDA wave125(dec10)-(nov12)

YAMAHA rxz135(nov12)-

top speed: TBC

mileage: miles away

Quote: not the fastest bike but the faster rider...

**if iam wrong please correct me, iam only new to this**

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by waadee@Mar 17 2006, 10:17 PM

guys beside the bike wonderful fc.. anything else?? more abt the engine or the suspension.. aything else would be great

U can look up the Bajaj Pulsar official website

Bajaj Pulsar 180 DST-i

If u're sceptical abt what the manufacturer says, then check out the threads (there are 4 forums on the Bajaj Pulsar). There're some useful ones by owners of the Bajaj Pulsar.

http://www.motoworld.com.sg/products/1423/small.jpg?rand=31854229 http://unleashthebeast.wikispaces.com/file/view/Monster_Energy.gif/259657964/Monster_Energy.gif

I manage to get 945KM travelling at 60km/h or at 4k RPM....Can get more if I don have to fetch GF....She always late so must chong :mad:

Hence mileage obtained was 945/18 = 52.5KM/L.

Had EO change 2day and this is the signal for me to blast......Full throttle at 120km/h...Handling stable, exhaust sounds angry, IU cover makes a lot of noise...and cannot go further than 120 even on a downhill....and theres a feeling tt i m travelling faster than 120.....Maybe need big bike to clock and compare ? :faint:

Well it is a gd bike......I trade my rvf for a PULSAR!!! :smile:

How many of us here have 2A/2 licenced or very experienced 2B rider?

I think, I think only huh, totally new riders will have longer learning curve on this bike....Well just my no cents worth :smile: :nono: :faint:

:gun: ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ :bouncefire:

Originally posted by SuVespa@Mar 17 2006, 10:40 PM

How many of us here have 2A/2 licenced or very experienced 2B rider?

I think, I think only huh, totally new riders will have longer learning curve on this bike....Well just my no cents worth :smile: :nono: :faint:

What do u mean? :confused:

Are u saying that new 2B riders will have problems with this bike and as such, this bike will not be a suitable 1st bike for newbies like me? :cry:

Originally posted by Newbie05@Mar 17 2006, 10:52 PM

What do u mean? :confused:

Are u saying that new 2B riders will have problems with this bike and as such, this bike will not be a suitable 1st bike for newbies like me? :cry:

Not at all, My fren is a new rider he's riding his pulsar well :smile:

Talk abt the problems abt the first gear, YES it is very jerky, but not because the bike is heavy. It is just to torquey(powerful). After you add on a box, and put something heavy in the boxand have a pillion to sit with U. Then you will notice that it does not jerk at 1st gear. In fact it is very smooth at all gears even with lots of power at 80-90km/h.

After runnig in for sometime, the jerkyness is less, but for going in between traffic, I will use 2nd gear, but have to clutch in frequently.

i WILL HAVE TO TRY MY MILEAGE again coz I only got 720km on my tank. The newer version has lower mileage per tank because of the gearing ratio was adjusted so that the lower gears were more powerful. Hence to achieve the higher speeds have to trottle more. My actual mileage is 43km/L. but then again I need to try again.

I heard that after running in your mileage per litre of fuel will improve, Any comments on this? Maybe have to adjust my riding style but then again I am already very satisfied, I am only going in to JB twice (2X) in a month, when previously I had to go in 9X. You guys just calculate the difference esp with the toll, the distance I have to travel and my time that I have saved.

The difference is that what I save on the above I can spend on my monthly installment. So I already am saving $ 250 off directly from my other bikes installment.

I was at the chkpt on my way back from JB. Even the ICA and CISCO officers on duty recognised the bike and were talking big abt this bike. I had a tough time telling them that I had to go. Anyway I believe that some of them are already thinking of getting one.

And does Anyone here Know anyone who wants to buy a Super four?

Originally posted by Arivar@Mar 18 2006, 01:32 PM

What's the main distributors name n location?

Universal Motors at Alexandra Road.

The stretch of shops opposite IKEA & Mitsubishi Electric, just after the petrol station.

Weekdays close at 7pm, Saturday 6pm.

Closed on Sunday.

i just dismantled my bike earlier on. took off the seats, side covers, headlamp casing etc etc.

becoz the headlight is not bright enough which i tink it is dangerous during the nite, i tilted my headlamp casing upwards by roughly 2degrees. there is a screw, turn clockwise to tilt the headlamp casing upwards.

the bulb is a HS1's bulb specs. but it is in a H4's bulb design. so technically, it is a H4 bulb with HS1 spec. 35watt for high beam and low beam

I changed to a H4 halogen bulb with 55(low)/60(high)watt. this might cause melting of the original socket which is plastic. hence i changed the socket to a fibre socket to prevent melting. the wires that are there are good enough for 50/60watt rating bulbs.

P/S: the higher the wattage, the brighter the headlight. color temp (eg 4200K, 5000K, 7000K) measures the color of the light and not the brightness of the light which most ppl mixed up with. u can use 100watt bulb but original wiring harness might not be able to hold the power. for normal halogen bulbs, filament burns yellow no matter wat color temp rating it has. it is the coating of the bulb tat makes the light appear white.

I have tried installing HID into this bike. However, the HID keeps flickering and i tink the voltage of the battery is not stable.. need to explore more into the voltage of this bike. will update again.

No more regrets.

Hi Hazian03 and Paiseh and all of u...

Walaway... heard lots of good comments and reviews about Pulsar...

thought of getting one as my FU phantom200 giving me lots of problems

now...Haiya. Does speedway accept trade-in? i thought of getting a super 4

but now split between choices...

Juz wanna ask a few questions... i'm a big guy n weigh 100++ plus my

partner easily 200kg. Do u know if it will cause any problems fo f.c and suspension. can qoute me how much u wanna let go for your S4? n tell me all necessary info i need to know coz i intent to buy a S4. Thanks...

Senol...FU Phantom 200. July 2004 to ....2006(rip soon):help: :thumb:

http://www.photovideoi.com/share/upload/2006/03/18/17/p1.jpg

http://www.photovideoi.com/share/upload/2006/03/18/17/p2.jpg

http://www.photovideoi.com/share/upload/2006/03/18/17/p3.jpg

http://www.photovideoi.com/share/upload/2006/03/18/17/p4.jpg

http://www.photovideoi.com/share/upload/2006/03/18/17/p5_copy1.jpg

http://www.photovideoi.com/share/upload/2006/03/18/17/p6.jpg

Pole lights using T10 connectors, same as those pole lights used by recent model cars(civic, picanto, city, toyota vios etc etc etc).. same as CBR954,929,600/1000RR, CBR600F4i, frazer600/1000, etc etc etc

U may wan to change to the LED pole lights sold my rockoil in the garage sales, his is very bright. i used them b4. but now im not using his, im using a normal LED white as pole light.. not as agreesive. :sweat: i like something simple. the normal headlight socket i have changed to a fibre one, which can withstand more heat.

http://www.photovideoi.com/share/upload/2006/03/18/17/p7.jpg

from this picture, i understand y the fuel tank capacity is soooooooooo big. notice how big the fuel tank is. i dare not lift it up :sweat:

No more regrets.

Originally posted by senol@Mar 18 2006, 05:25 PM

Hi Hazian03 and Paiseh and all of u...

Walaway... heard lots of good comments and reviews about Pulsar...

thought of getting one as my FU phantom200 giving me lots of problems

now...Haiya. Does speedway accept trade-in? i thought of getting a super 4

but now split between choices...

Juz wanna ask a few questions... i'm a big guy n weigh 100++ plus my

partner easily 200kg. Do u know if it will cause any problems fo f.c and suspension. can qoute me how much u wanna let go for your S4? n tell me all necessary info i need to know coz i intent to buy a S4. Thanks...

Senol...FU Phantom 200. July 2004 to ....2006(rip soon):help: :thumb:

i tink u shldnt compare a 2A and a 2B bike.

ask urself if u need to travel more den 120km/hr and love to pick up during traffic lights with fuel consumption of 20 - 22km litre as a trade off. (not to mention insurance, rd tax, maintenance etc etc.. bear in mind, 4 cylinder bike everything times 4. eng oil, plugs.. oil filter...heh, i know ur phantom has no oil filter)

the mechcanic from Universal told me this bike in India can take 4 ppl, :lol: i was laughing away coz i had the same problem as u. im very big size too,( less den 80kg though.) so ur weight with ur pillion shldnt be an issue on this bike.

But if u yearn to ride a bigger bike, and wouldnt mind spending abit more on the bigger bike, den i tink u shld the bigger bike coz i know how it feels. if i were in ur shoes, i will get a bigger bike. (tat is if i yearn to ride a big bike).

if u r really into a bike as a form of transport, den Pulsar.

if u wan a transport bike n something more powerful den super 4. if u wan upgrade to class 2 and wanna take 2A just for the transition sake den GSX400 :D

No more regrets.

Bajaji runs on dynamo....Except the signals n brake light. Hence your headlight tends to flicker on low rpm.....Just like vespa :smile:

And the stock headlight ARE bright...Just rev up a bit and it will lit up ur life :confused: :sweat:

stock headlight is only 18watt. theorectically it produces lesser lumens compared to 55/60watt H4/H7/H1 etc etc bulbs.

but to change to a 55/60watt H4 bulb, quite troublesome la.. need to change socket etc etc... haha but i tink its worth it. :sweat:

No more regrets.

Originally posted by SuVespa@Mar 18 2006, 08:43 PM

Bajaji runs on dynamo....Except the signals n brake light. Hence your headlight tends to flicker on low rpm.....Just like vespa :smile:

And the stock headlight ARE bright...Just rev up a bit and it will lit up ur life :confused: :sweat:

the flickering issue is becoz i direct connected my HID from a AC source. tats y. Need to rectify tat soon

No more regrets.

Originally posted by paiseh@Mar 18 2006, 09:08 PM

the flickering issue is becoz i direct connected my HID from a AC source. tats y. Need to rectify tat soon

He he he...I kinda reliased tt ur not talking of the flickering i mentioned after i sent my post :giddy: The flickering is it like when u switch on ur house light it flickers b4 it stays on ??? :confused:

There seems to be other 3 threads abt pulsar....Why dont we make one as the so called official one.....Any suggestions anybody :smile: :sweat: :sian:

And if we decided to have one, can the other post be redirected to the chosen one?... :giddy:

Thanks again :cheer:

Suvespa: Good Idea. How abt making this the main one. It seems to be the most popular among the others.

How do all of you get such a high mileage per tank. I am hardly gettin past 800km. Is it because you guys are watching the trip meter rather than the fuel gauge. How abt the riding speed and rpm and are you guys riding with much weight?

my idling is 1.3krpm

my first full tank i got 700+ and on my reserve to 864km b4 pumping it up. as mentioned earlier on, i pumped 17.6litres of petrol, which covered 864km. tats my first full tank. am trying out the next. i haf finished running in and hence tend to rev abit more n travel at higher speed.. so i doubt i will get tat good mileage..

will update on my second tank

No more regrets.

Guest cheeko
:giddy: hi paiseh, abt ur HIDs flickering problem, did Mr limbat try solve ur problem for u? If not, i guess ur $280 will be down the drain :pity:

i dint buy, i tried only. if can work den buy, if cant work den never buy. coz he found a secondhand H4 HID set for me.

i called neo, he told me is AC source hence the flickering.. i will be waiting for limbat to come back spore b4 doing it up.

i will be visiting limbat's place next sat 11am. u shld be able to make it ba..

No more regrets.

Guest cheeko
Originally posted by paiseh@Mar 19 2006, 01:23 PM

i dint buy, i tried only. if can work den buy, if cant work den never buy. coz he found a secondhand H4 HID set for me.

i called neo, he told me is AC source hence the flickering.. i will be waiting for limbat to come back spore b4 doing it up.

i will be visiting limbat's place next sat 11am. u shld be able to make it ba..

o_O wah....Mr limbat customer service got so good :confused: can try out 1st b4 buying 1 ah ? Usually shop dun really care as long as they can get their products out of their shop. Ok, very high chance i will be there next week :smile: