SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Bajaj Pulsar Lovers 2007

chander_vr

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys wad abt spare parts for the pulsar?? any posibilty of pimpin the pulsar like wad some rxz riders do to their bikes?? mayb spray works or something..

BAJAJ Pulsar 180(apr06)-(nov07)

HONDA NSR 150 sp(nov07)-(mar09)

HONDA specIII(mar09)-(dec10)

HONDA wave125(dec10)-(nov12)

YAMAHA rxz135(nov12)-

top speed: TBC

mileage: miles away

Quote: not the fastest bike but the faster rider...

**if iam wrong please correct me, iam only new to this**

stock bike is cool to.. but a pimped out bike to me also not bad.. i go for the looks lah.. the engine all i keep stock

YAMAHA rxz135(nov12)-

latest update on my fuel consumption.

im now on 430km and the fuel gauge needle is just 0.5mm off the full mark. OMFG, i tink the trip mileage meter will reset itself even b4 i refill my petrol. coz 999km den will reset liao.. hope my full tank can last more den 1000km

No more regrets.

latest update on my fuel consumption.

im now on 430km and the fuel gauge needle is just 0.5mm off the full mark. OMFG, i tink the trip mileage meter will reset itself even b4 i refill my petrol. coz 999km den will reset liao.. hope my full tank can last more den 1000km

No more regrets.

Originally posted by paiseh@Mar 15 2006, 01:15 AM

im now on 430km and the fuel gauge needle is just 0.5mm off the full mark.

:giddy:

oni 0.5mm...

1995 - 1996 ~ Yamaha TZR125

1996 - 1999 ~ Honda CBR400RRK Hurricane

2005 - 2006 ~ Honda TA150 Phantom

2006 - 2010 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 1

2011 - 2013 ~ Honda CB400 Super Four Vtec Spec 2

2013 - 20** ~ Ducati Monster 796 ABS + Sym GTS200

Originally posted by paiseh@Mar 14 2006, 04:29 AM

im starting to face 2 minor problems which could be major problems. but will review it only after i run in and check carefullly

Care to elaborate to us wad this minor problems are thanks :thumb:

http://www.honda.co.jp/factbook/motorshow/2003/motor/img/05_09.jpg

My Motto : Ride Fast , Brake Harder

Good In Nature But Evil By My Own Free Will

God's Biggest Mistake Is The Creation Of Man / Now It Has Turned Against HIM

The Worst Thing A Human Being Has To Endure Is Not Being Comfortable In His Own Skin

Sex Is Fun When U Minus The Clothes And Divide The Legs, But Not When You Start MULTIPLYING !!!

I was reluctant to state the problems at first becoz i wanted find out why.

1. The moving off for the Pulsar is very very rough, not smooth at all the first gear transmission. Prior to that, it makes ur handle bar turn left and right quite a fair bit and therefore, u cant squeeze traffic with half clutch technic. bear in mind that after the first gear transmission, the rest of the gear change is SUPERB. very smooth.

Reason: this bike is manufactured to save petrol and hence the moving off tends to vibrate n jerk alot (partly due to its heavy weight given its 180cc)

2. gear crash is very frequent no matter at which gear, so long as u r down shifting, gear crashes, and after the crashing part, release ur clutch further u hear a nice huming eng brake.

Reason: this bike is not built to down shift gear at rpm above 5k rpm. gear tends to crash (sometimes it wont happen) and also, to stop this gear crash thing to hapen, down shift gear and hold on ur clutch for at least 1 - 2 sec b4 releasing clutch to enable eng brake. maybe this bike is quite different from wat i used to ride, hence it is better not to over rev this bike.

Overall performance for this bike: 8/10. if not for the gear crash and moving off part, its 9.5/10. anyway, this is the trade off for such a bike with great fuel consumption. overall i love this bike.

No more regrets.

wahh fc so effecient meh?? i cant actually belive it.. btw i have little bike knowledge

YAMAHA rxz135(nov12)-

A fully loaded Pulsar has a range of 700 kms in India. That is using a detuned carb configuration to run on 91 octane petrol. Here using 98 octane petrol and driving carefully, it might be possible to actually get close to what you expect! :)

And don't worry... That fuel guage is not linear. It goes down quite fast past some mid way mark. The tank innards are not symmetrical in construction, I think.

Glad to know you're also enjoying your Pulsar! :)

Ride on, ride safe...

Ride 'em like you stole 'em...

Originally posted by paiseh@Mar 15 2006, 09:22 PM

I was reluctant to state the problems at first becoz i wanted find out why.

1. The moving off for the Pulsar is very very rough, not smooth at all the first gear transmission. Prior to that, it makes ur handle bar turn left and right quite a fair bit and therefore, u cant squeeze traffic with half clutch technic. bear in mind that after the first gear transmission, the rest of the gear change is SUPERB. very smooth.

Reason: this bike is manufactured to save petrol and hence the moving off tends to vibrate n jerk alot (partly due to its heavy weight given its 180cc)

2. gear crash is very frequent no matter at which gear, so long as u r down shifting, gear crashes, and after the crashing part, release ur clutch further u hear a nice huming eng brake.

Reason: this bike is not built to down shift gear at rpm above 5k rpm. gear tends to crash (sometimes it wont happen) and also, to stop this gear crash thing to hapen, down shift gear and hold on ur clutch for at least 1 - 2 sec b4 releasing clutch to enable eng brake. maybe this bike is quite different from wat i used to ride, hence it is better not to over rev this bike.

Overall performance for this bike: 8/10. if not for the gear crash and moving off part, its 9.5/10. anyway, this is the trade off for such a bike with great fuel consumption. overall i love this bike.

Hi, when u'r doing a downshift of ur gears, maybe you would like to blip the trottle b4 releasing ur clutch slowly to provide a smoother shift. Will take some time to get used to it & to find the optimal timing of releasing the clutch as well as amount of trottle to blip.

Cheers,

--Lvin--

The current version comes with sports rims and rear hugger is it?

Can travel comfortable at 100km/h?

(2002 - 2003) Yamaha RX-Z (Blue)

(2003 - 2004) Honda Super Four Version R (Red)

(2004 - 2005) Honda Wave (Blue)

(2005 - 2006) Honda Super Four Spec 1 (Black)

(2006 - 2007) Hyundai Getz (Blue)

(2007 - 2008) Honda Super Four Spec 3 (Silver)

(2008 - 2009) Suzuki DRZ 400 SM (Yellow)

(2009 - 2019) Kia Picanto (Blue)

http://i166.photobucket.com/albums/u87/wongyuanshun/Delta.jpg

the max i tried is 85km/hr. still running in.

the new version is with sports rim n rear hugger. however, the stock tyres are not tubeless.. need to chnage

No more regrets.

Hi

I have achieved this reserve at 650km, Reserve another 80km. But by 50km I will pump. So far Pump in JB. Suvespa is right, 725km on the full tank.

I shall clarify on the tank..... it is a 18L, 15 L in the main area + 2L in reserve + 1L in the sump(unusable). Checked it out from the manual. My current mileage has dropped to abt 40km/L. Manual says that you need to ride in the green zone to achieve max fuel efficiency, 40-50km/h. Not practical in Singapore roads, so as we speed up the fuel efficiency drops.

The tank and gauge, suvespa is also right on this. the gauge drops very fast after the half way mark. But then again there is no bike that can give this much of mileage and power as well.....

I now own two bikes, the pulsar and the super four. My wife rides the super four. She now insist that I must sell off the super four and get another Pulsar for her....

So guys I let you decide how good this bike is......

Originally posted by hazian03@Mar 17 2006, 11:49 AM

I now own two bikes, the pulsar and the super four. My wife rides the super four. She now insist that I must sell off the super four and get another Pulsar for her....

So guys I let you decide how good this bike is......

WOW! Oh man! Just think abt it ..... wanting to trade in a Super 4 for a Pulsar! Now, doesn't that tell u something abt the Pulsar? :thumb: :cheer: :lovestruck:

gear crash is very frequent no matter at which gear, so long as u r down shifting, gear crashes, and after the crashing part, release ur clutch further u hear a nice huming eng brake.

Hazian, do u experience the same problem as reported by Paiseh? :confused:

http://www.motoworld.com.sg/products/1423/small.jpg?rand=31854229 http://unleashthebeast.wikispaces.com/file/view/Monster_Energy.gif/259657964/Monster_Energy.gif

Originally posted by hazian03@Mar 17 2006, 11:49 AM

I shall clarify on the tank..... it is a 18L, 15 L in the main area + 2L in reserve + 1L in the sump(unusable). Checked it out from the manual. My current mileage has dropped to abt 40km/L. Manual says that you need to ride in the green zone to achieve max fuel efficiency, 40-50km/h. Not practical in Singapore roads, so as we speed up the fuel efficiency drops.

meaning to say, in SG where we travel 80-100km\h, the fuel consumption is about 40km\L of petrol whereas if u stay in the green zone at speeds of 40-50kph, u can achiever 50km per litre? :confused: :confused:

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

Originally posted by sgren@Mar 17 2006, 01:31 PM

Can anyone confirm whether the Pulsar comes with sport rims and tubeless tyres?

stock for newer models of pulsar now comes wif sports rim but not tubeless. need to change tyres urself. however, im now using the stock tyres, quite nice for conering and straight road. keke

i pump 220 front and 250 rear. by right is 200 front n 220 rear.

ABT the fuel tank capacity, i read the manual, total 18litres. but ah.. when i got my bike from universal, they already pumped between 1litre to 2 litres of petrol for me. Immediately after pushing my bike out, i pumped another 18.7litres. shiok~

Now i already travelled 704km and its slightly less den half tank.

my riding habits,

1. every 2-3k rpm change gear, max 5.5k rpm (occasionally)

2. riding at 70 - 80km/hr, max 90km/hr (once), 85km/hr (occasionally)

3. still running in.

4. after running in i will still ride like this. i love the smooth accerleration after the first gear.. superb.

I hope i can hit 1000km with this full tank. Maybe im the first? :lol:

No more regrets.

Yo people, can I hv the address of Universal motor. Anyone care to breakdown the cost of the bike. Cost, interest per annual, transaction fees etc. thks. Thinking of getting the pulsar too cost my petrol mthly around $180, after getting pulsar can pump at JB (I stay in the east) will greatly reduce the petrol $$$.

FZR150, RS125, VFR400, GSXR400, RXZ135

Yo people, can I hv the address of Universal motor. Anyone care to breakdown the cost of the bike. Cost, interest per annual, transaction fees etc. thks. Thinking of getting the pulsar too cost my petrol mthly around $180, after getting pulsar can pump at JB (I stay in the east) will greatly reduce the petrol $$$.

FZR150, RS125, VFR400, GSXR400, RXZ135

$4700 (can try bargaining to $4600) including IU and box but not insurance. For insurance u gotta check it out urself cos different premiums for different people. Interest should be 5% p.a., 6% tops. For further price breakdown, gotta check urself with shop.

Universal Motors Pte Ltd

356 Alexandra Road

Singapore 159949

Tel: 6278 2029 / 6272 7056

http://www.motoworld.com.sg/products/1423/small.jpg?rand=31854229 http://unleashthebeast.wikispaces.com/file/view/Monster_Energy.gif/259657964/Monster_Energy.gif