SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[SSDC] Class 2B (2016)

Hello guys, first post on this forum ever. How's everyone's lesson coming along? So far mine have be thoroughly bad.

Lesson 1 started at 05/12/15 :cry:

Lesson 1 - 3X

Lesson 2 - 2X

Lesson 3 - 1X

Lesson 4 - 5X :cry: (tip for those who haven't done lesson 4. Focus on blindspot. 4pts X 3 almost die alr)

Lesson 5 - 4X (5th one next week 29th 10am)

Losing hope every time i have to retake a lesson. Sigh pie but still driven for my passion to ride.

Hey! Welcome to the community! Just wanted to ask, for L4 have you EVER been penalised for the obstacle courses? (like never meet timing or wtv) or we only mainly get penalised due to blind spot, wobble, etc.?

Anyway goodluck bro! I also doing L5 on 27th. I really envy your determination... If it was me, probably after the 3rd re-lesson I would've throw in the towel and give up haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey! Welcome to the community! Just wanted to ask, for L4 have you EVER been penalised for the obstacle courses? (like never meet timing or wtv) or we only mainly get penalised due to blind spot, wobble, etc.?

Anyway goodluck bro! I also doing L5 on 27th. I really envy your determination... If it was me, probably after the 3rd re-lesson I would've throw in the towel and give up haha.

im having my L3 on 27th too ! what time is your lesson

I have Mother Teresa's heart <3

Hello guys, first post on this forum ever. How's everyone's lesson coming along? So far mine have be thoroughly bad.

Lesson 1 started at 05/12/15 :cry:

Lesson 1 - 3X

Lesson 2 - 2X

Lesson 3 - 1X

Lesson 4 - 5X :cry: (tip for those who haven't done lesson 4. Focus on blindspot. 4pts X 3 almost die alr)

Lesson 5 - 4X (5th one next week 29th 10am)

Losing hope every time i have to retake a lesson. Sigh pie but still driven for my passion to ride.

Welcome welcome! dont ever lose hope.

Take it as every repeated lesson, you are building up confidence, so you can 1 time clear the TP :thumb:

Welcome welcome! dont ever lose hope.

Take it as every repeated lesson, you are building up confidence, so you can 1 time clear the TP :thumb:

Hehehe yeah thats what i tell myself always! Rather fail here than possibly meet an accident outside. I hope i can pass tp first try

Yea. The good habits carry over. Must practice until they become natural. Lots of maniacs driving on the road these days.

For those who have already cleared 3(2) and above, if at any time your next lesson is more than a week later, you can consider taking an RC lesson while waiting. That way, you won't lose touch of the feel of riding and you can squeeze in extra practice. Practicing u-turn in the circuit (go plank, pylon, u-turn down the road and u-turn to plank again...) is much cheaper and more efficient too (edit: not a total substitute if you are not used to road conditions; if unfamiliar with lane changing or riding alongside real traffic, still better to have some RRs). And the best is - it's sheltered - no problem, whether rain or shine.

RRs only give you a maximum of 4 u-turn tries on the road, then another 30 minutes or so in circuit. And it's more expensive.

Also, it's very possible to pass the first time.

And, mister.skudder: The instructors do watch for circuit techniques as well. In fact, one of the instructors is very strict on the courses during lesson 4. He is usually stationed at the plank. Not sure if anything's changed.

Lesson 7 is more relaxing because it's only 1 instructor for the whole circuit portion, then 1-to-1 for road evaluation. The circuit instructors usually station at the course until all lesson 7 students clear it so they can't see what you do (or did not do) if you're too far away from them. Haha...

Edited by WhySquare

Finally passed class 2B today at SSDC at second attempt, after close to 6 months and a total of 56 lessons (excluding theory, including L1-L7, CR, RR). I thought I was going to need a new training booklet since it's almost filled up.

Thanks for all seniors in singaporebikes forum for their advice and encouragement.

Hey congratz on your license bro!

Anyway, I need help. I realised I booked a morning lesson for my FIRST lesson 5. Instructor said that I need book night lesson though but I completely forgot and booked morning lesson instead. What will happen if I went for the morning lesson?

I try selling my L5 nw... Those who are at L5 and want book.. Sunday slot available ^^

Edited by mister.skudder

Anyway, I need help. I realised I booked a morning lesson for my FIRST lesson 5. Instructor said that I need book night lesson though but I completely forgot and booked morning lesson instead. What will happen if I went for the morning lesson?

I try selling my L5 nw... Those who are at L5 and want book.. Sunday slot available ^^

Its fine but usually those that take in the morning are repeaters so you might cause them to lose warm up time due to breifing for first time. But its okay they wont mind. Instructors might ask why u nv book night lessons but its fine. Some instructors might let others practise while they breif you. Jiayou jiayou! Im going for my fifth lesson 5 this coming tuesday :eek: :eek:

Its fine but usually those that take in the morning are repeaters so you might cause them to lose warm up time due to breifing for first time. But its okay they wont mind. Instructors might ask why u nv book night lessons but its fine. Some instructors might let others practise while they breif you. Jiayou jiayou! Im going for my fifth lesson 5 this coming tuesday :eek: :eek:

Glad to hear that! But now I cant seem to cancel my trysell 😭 so everytime you go for lesson 5 confirm will have 1st timers ah?

Wah lao I already waited 2 weeks for this lesson... In the end wait for 2 more weeks...

Hahaha aiyoo! Nvm la morning quite crowded hard for first time and confusing. U go night time like 8pm slot its easier to grasp the general idea of lesson 5. Lessons 5 onwards the lessons get scarcer and scarcer. :(

Thanks from what i understand if you pass L5 in a morning lesson without going for night L5, you'll still have to book a night L5 later. Good luck and all the best!

i find it quite hard to balance on plank...... any tips?

For a start, just keep practising going over in normal speed. At least u can get through it without falling, then work on the timing.

Body also dun be too stiff, relaxed. Cannot look too near as well, ur bike follows where ur eye goes.

Once u get the hang of it, ur muscle memory is there, it gets really really easy.

Lets see...

Lesson 1 - 5 (Fifth lesson free of charge)

Lesson 2 - 2

Lesson 3(1) - 3

Lesson 3(2) - 1

Lesson 4 - 5

Lesson 5 - 5

Next up is lesson 6, but wanted to get a license ASAP because my course expire in late May and my NS enlistment is 10 days before my course expire. Talk about bad luck.

Lets see...

Lesson 2 - 2

Lesson 3(1) - 3

Lesson 3(2) - 1

Lesson 4 - 5

Lesson 5 - 5

Next up is lesson 6, but wanted to get a license ASAP because my course expire in late May and my NS enlistment is 10 days before my course expire. Talk about bad luck.

Yeah NS is such an obstacle :( My enlistment date is 12 April... havent even go for RTT yet... I see the dates are all on weekdays how to book out sia. And I'm only on L5. Havent even went for first L5.

I think high chance you need to extend your course eh. Even if you managed to complete L7 by mid-April, TP is earliest mid-May. Probably need wait 1.5months for TP from what others have said though. Goodluck anyway

Yeah NS is such an obstacle :( My enlistment date is 12 April... havent even go for RTT yet... I see the dates are all on weekdays how to book out sia. And I'm only on L5. Havent even went for first L5.

I think high chance you need to extend your course eh. Even if you managed to complete L7 by mid-April, TP is earliest mid-May. Probably need wait 1.5months for TP from what others have said though. Goodluck anyway

its okay bro, i have met some of em still in NS, during weekday, take off pass to come out for practical lesson.

it all goes down to your commander, if your commander is good and understanding, he will allow you to go for off for your practical lesson

For a start, just keep practising going over in normal speed. At least u can get through it without falling, then work on the timing.

Body also dun be too stiff, relaxed. Cannot look too near as well, ur bike follows where ur eye goes.

Once u get the hang of it, ur muscle memory is there, it gets really really easy.

noted bro, thanks. i already cleared that lesson even though i fell off the plank during the lesson.

guess the instructor want to see if you appear confident enough?

noted bro, thanks. i already cleared that lesson even though i fell off the plank during the lesson.

guess the instructor want to see if you appear confident enough?

I think they believe that you will also take some time to go CR to strengthen your skills.

How come repeat so many lessons at #4 and #5? Feels like there are some fundamental issues?

Lets see...

Lesson 2 - 2

Lesson 3(1) - 3

Lesson 3(2) - 1

Lesson 4 - 5

Lesson 5 - 5