SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[SSDC] Class 2B (2016)

i find it quite hard to balance on plank...... any tips?

Look straight but eyepoint at end of the plank. Never look down.

Move off gear 1 with at the speed you are used to at half clutch, maintain this speed and go up plank until about 1/3 to 1/2 of the plank.

Turn off throttle, release clutch a bit and rear brake all the way to your lowest comfortable speed until you get down the plank.

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Look straight but eyepoint at end of the plank. Never look down.

Move off gear 1 with at the speed you are used to at half clutch, maintain this speed and go up plank until about 1/3 to 1/2 of the plank.

Turn off throttle, release clutch a bit and rear brake all the way to your lowest comfortable speed until you get down the plank.

if only i know this method earlier, i would have passed prac 4 last sun hahahaha

I have Mother Teresa's heart <3

Hi guys, going for my Prac 5 on 14th. 5th attempt already, learnt my lesson and went for CR to practice my U-Turn. Most the time I always turn too wide when waiting to U-turn at Junction. My 3rd attempt I did very well but then last part heavy rain then during the last U-turn my bike skidded and I had to bring out my right leg. 4th attempt was a disaster because I got a nasty chinese instructor who wears specs, keep scolding and stuff. Scold me because he do safety check once then change 2 lanes, I got scolded because after each lane I check safety before changing lane, so when I tried to stop, I was right beside him. He scold me saying adapt to situation. Yes I understand road is clear but then isn't it abrupt lane changing according to school? Anyways just hoping to clear prac 5 this attempt.

Ive managed to pass prac 1, i tried all different methods recommended and i realize the smoothest downshift as of now (without blipping the throttle) is releasing half clutch when at gear 2 and throttle if needed. Thanks all the bros for the advice.

I failed my prac 2 few days ago, still cannot get the technique for slalom, the open and close throttle thing.

Hi guys,

After reading all the posts in this thread, making me feeling excited and worried.

Always wanted to get a bike Licence but no actions have been taken so far.

Do we have to be properly dressed(helmet, glove, pants, shoes?/sleepers?), when going to L1. Sorry that the Qn may sound silly. From the above, looks like the centre will provide most of it. Can we bring own helmet? Wearing a pair of shoes or sleeper will do?

Pls help~~ thanks thanks~~

Hi guys,

After reading all the posts in this thread, making me feeling excited and worried.

Always wanted to get a bike Licence but no actions have been taken so far.

Do we have to be properly dressed(helmet, glove, pants, shoes?/sleepers?), when going to L1. Sorry that the Qn may sound silly. From the above, looks like the centre will provide most of it. Can we bring own helmet? Wearing a pair of shoes or sleeper will do?

Pls help~~ thanks thanks~~

Hey! I know how you feel bro, was once in your position. But i was mostly excited.

You need to be in pants, covered shoes, helmet, elbow & knee guard (for ssdc), and gloves for all practicals (except orientation) Strictly no slippers. Centre will provide helmet, elbow guard and knee guard only. (For ssdc) Gloves you can buy from the drink stall at lvl 1.

Anyway have you been to the orientation lesson a.k.a L0? There they will inform you on the proper attire and all so no worries. You really dont have to worry cause when you enrol you will know what to do

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey! I know how you feel bro, was once in your position. But i was mostly excited.

You need to be in pants, covered shoes, helmet, elbow & knee guard (for ssdc), and gloves for all practicals (except orientation) Strictly no slippers. Centre will provide helmet, elbow guard and knee guard only. (For ssdc) Gloves you can buy from the drink stall at lvl 1.

Anyway have you been to the orientation lesson a.k.a L0? There they will inform you on the proper attire and all so no worries. You really dont have to worry cause when you enrol you will know what to do

Thanks bro, you've cleared my doubts.

Not yet, currently busy preparing final year exam which will be on May. So was thinking to enrol and take the theory first?

Have cleared class 3 in 2012, so do I need to retake BTT again?

Thanks bro, you've cleared my doubts.

Not yet, currently busy preparing final year exam which will be on May. So was thinking to enrol and take the theory first?

Have cleared class 3 in 2012, so do I need to retake BTT again?

I'm quite sure you don't have to retake BTT because once you pass, it will stay with you for a lifetime.

However, that said, you still need take RTT which is only valid for 1 year. ( or 6months i forgot).

I don't think it makes much of a difference if you enrol earlier. Because you pass BTT already, really no rush. Over the course of your practicals you can confirm clear your RTT one..

for L0 you don't need anything, actually it's kinda waste of time. The instrcutor will brief you on each lessons and tell you about the bike and lastly show you the bike and ask everyone to push the bike from main stand and put it back to main stand. That's all but make sure when you going for L1, wear jeans which are not too tight and long sleeve shirt and for shoes, wear something casual as it would be easier for you to shift gears. Gear wise all provided, you can get a helmet IF you want but it's provided, if you think hygiene is a issue then simply just get a headliner. There is a saying that if you wear school or normal helmet instructor will give you chance compared to someone who wears a fancy or expensive helmet (they will think chiongster on road). This is simply a myth but I suggest getting a very cheap helmet until you get license then use your old helmet for pillion then get a good one. Good Luck!!

I'm quite sure you don't have to retake BTT because once you pass, it will stay with you for a lifetime.

However, that said, you still need take RTT which is only valid for 1 year. ( or 6months i forgot).

I don't think it makes much of a difference if you enrol earlier. Because you pass BTT already, really no rush. Over the course of your practicals you can confirm clear your RTT one..

Sounds good, does it mean that I can go apply for PDL and start from L0 first?

Following the thread, looks like must be mentally prepared to repeat the stage😥

for L0 you don't need anything, actually it's kinda waste of time. The instrcutor will brief you on each lessons and tell you about the bike and lastly show you the bike and ask everyone to push the bike from main stand and put it back to main stand. That's all but make sure when you going for L1, wear jeans which are not too tight and long sleeve shirt and for shoes, wear something casual as it would be easier for you to shift gears. Gear wise all provided, you can get a helmet IF you want but it's provided, if you think hygiene is a issue then simply just get a headliner. There is a saying that if you wear school or normal helmet instructor will give you chance compared to someone who wears a fancy or expensive helmet (they will think chiongster on road). This is simply a myth but I suggest getting a very cheap helmet until you get license then use your old helmet for pillion then get a good one. Good Luck!!

Wah, this is so informative, thank you for writing it down in details, 👍👍

Sounds good, does it mean that I can go apply for PDL and start from L0 first?

Following the thread, looks like must be mentally prepared to repeat the stage😥

Dont recommend that you do that. Apply for PDL when you are approaching lesson 4 or finished lesson 4 because you dont need a PDL till you go for a road license and PDL is only valid for 6 months, anything after 6 months you gotta renew at $25

Dont recommend that you do that. Apply for PDL when you are approaching lesson 4 or finished lesson 4 because you dont need a PDL till you go for a road license and PDL is only valid for 6 months, anything after 6 months you gotta renew at $25

Okay, I got it. Thanks for the advice!

Yup. Apply PDL when you approaching L4. And yah, be prepared to fail ah. And prepare to wait long long for some lessons. But since u have class 3 I think L1, and road lessons you won't have a problem.

Thanks for all the advice, you guys made me feel more like to get a bike Licence!

Yeah NS is such an obstacle :( My enlistment date is 12 April... havent even go for RTT yet... I see the dates are all on weekdays how to book out sia. And I'm only on L5. Havent even went for first L5.

I think high chance you need to extend your course eh. Even if you managed to complete L7 by mid-April, TP is earliest mid-May. Probably need wait 1.5months for TP from what others have said though. Goodluck anyway

Thanks, you too.

Not sure when are the exact date of the TP, but I saw on the SSDC website, the Practical Test are on 28 April, unsure if it's the TP or not.

If it's the TP test, then I only got 1 shot for it.

How come repeat so many lessons at #4 and #5? Feels like there are some fundamental issues?

Sorry for the late reply, currently was on part time on weekdays and bike lesson on weekends.

For lesson 4, could have passed on the first try and second try, but got Immediate failure.

- First try is 16 point with 1 Failure, fall off the plank. (Guess I'm too nervous and forced myself to try to get it more than the necessary time)

- Second try is 18 point with 1 Failure, didn't wait for the blinker light before starting on the E.Brake course. (Coz in my mind I was thinking of the Signal light as the signal, xD)

Lesson 5 is probably because of the leaning forward, U-turn positioning, zebra crossing blind spot.

Currently, I'm on Lesson 7 btw.

And for those who are struggling on lesson 5 and above, you can just book circuit revision and try out this route. (From one of the instructor).

tt2.jpg

Starting from the *Start point*

This route consist of

- U-Turn.

- Turn left going up slope. (Entering gate #32)

- Going down slope turn left. (Exiting gate #32)

- Right turn junction. (Anticipating traffic light)

- Lane changing

- T-Junction right turn

tt2.jpg

Hi guys, going for my Prac 5 on 14th. 5th attempt already, learnt my lesson and went for CR to practice my U-Turn. Most the time I always turn too wide when waiting to U-turn at Junction. My 3rd attempt I did very well but then last part heavy rain then during the last U-turn my bike skidded and I had to bring out my right leg. 4th attempt was a disaster because I got a nasty chinese instructor who wears specs, keep scolding and stuff. Scold me because he do safety check once then change 2 lanes, I got scolded because after each lane I check safety before changing lane, so when I tried to stop, I was right beside him. He scold me saying adapt to situation. Yes I understand road is clear but then isn't it abrupt lane changing according to school? Anyways just hoping to clear prac 5 this attempt.

You are turning wide at U turn is because either:

-You are not looking far enough when turning.

-Your half-clutch closed too much or throttle open too much.

-Your handlebar isn't straight when starting a U-turn from a stop. Never try to pre-empt turn like a car at stop because it's actually harder to control that way.

Abrupt lane change is when the road is long but you choose change lanes quickly instead of taking advantage of the headroom to do it slowly and safely. It's not abrupt if the distance is too short.

Thanks, you too.

Not sure when are the exact date of the TP, but I saw on the SSDC website, the Practical Test are on 28 April, unsure if it's the TP or not.

If it's the TP test, then I only got 1 shot for it.

Yeah it is the tp date. Good luck!

just failed my prac 4 AGAIN last thurs...

went for 2 CR before 1st prac 4

1st attempt - 8 pts (1 immediate failure), dropped off plank, not even nervous or anything. just ride it with a f*ck it attitude~

2nd attempt - a f*cking 36 pts (0 immediate failure), idk why too. it seems like everyone failed that night, got 1 guy i knew from that lesson got 54 pts, a bit nervous but cleared everything

3rd attempt - tommorrow. dk why the hell, got no motivation already........

zzzz

I have Mother Teresa's heart <3