SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[SSDC] Class 2B (2016)

just failed my prac 4 AGAIN last thurs...

went for 2 CR before 1st prac 4

1st attempt - 8 pts (1 immediate failure), dropped off plank, not even nervous or anything. just ride it with a f*ck it attitude~

2nd attempt - a f*cking 36 pts (0 immediate failure), idk why too. it seems like everyone failed that night, got 1 guy i knew from that lesson got 54 pts, a bit nervous but cleared everything

3rd attempt - tommorrow. dk why the hell, got no motivation already........

zzzz

Im sure after prac 4 they will return you the result slips telling you specifically where your mistake was committed. Take a good look at it and take note when you go for your next prac 4! All the best to you!

• Replies 513
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just failed my prac 4 AGAIN last thurs...

went for 2 CR before 1st prac 4

1st attempt - 8 pts (1 immediate failure), dropped off plank, not even nervous or anything. just ride it with a f*ck it attitude~

2nd attempt - a f*cking 36 pts (0 immediate failure), idk why too. it seems like everyone failed that night, got 1 guy i knew from that lesson got 54 pts, a bit nervous but cleared everything

3rd attempt - tommorrow. dk why the hell, got no motivation already........

zzzz

Np, just keep going through the course that you fail or bad at.

not needed to go through the original route during revision anyway

Failed my prac 3(ii) twice. :help: and waiting for new slots to be up. Anyone has any tips for plank and Crank course? Tried looking straight to the cone but still fell off the plank. Crank course gear didnt engage properly and accidentally put my left leg down.

Ive managed to pass prac 1, i tried all different methods recommended and i realize the smoothest downshift as of now (without blipping the throttle) is releasing half clutch when at gear 2 and throttle if needed. Thanks all the bros for the advice.

I failed my prac 2 few days ago, still cannot get the technique for slalom, the open and close throttle thing.

Dude... Don't make that a habit. You need to release the throttle fully unless you are in gear 1. If not, that is going to be considered "wrong posture". Forgot if it's 2 or 4 points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Failed my prac 3(ii) twice. :help: and waiting for new slots to be up. Anyone has any tips for plank and Crank course? Tried looking straight to the cone but still fell off the plank. Crank course gear didnt engage properly and accidentally put my left leg down.

Crank Course: Acceleration in 1st gear when moving off from stop needs to be hard enough for the RPM to allow smooth change of 2nd gear in the first corner. Before you enter first left corner, clutch in + kick 2nd gear ASAP. After that, immediately go to biting point then clutch should be released fast but smoothly to fully engaged. At this point you should be entering the 2nd right corner. Don't be worried if the bike jerks a bit. The key point is you need to get used to accelerating rather hard from a stop or you will never make it.

Plank: Look straight but eyepoint at end of the plank. Never look down.

Move off gear 1 with at the speed you are used to at half clutch, maintain this speed and go up plank until about 1/3 to 1/2 of the plank.

Turn off throttle, release clutch a bit and rear brake all the way to your lowest comfortable speed until you get down the plank.

Dude... Don't make that a habit. You need to release the throttle fully unless you are in gear 1. If not, that is going to be considered "wrong posture". Forgot if it's 2 or 4 points.

Hi bro, thanks for your reply. Think you misunderstand. After I throttle abit, I will release fully the clutch.

Hi all, I have a question on slalom course and I hope you guys can help me.

There is a lying cone (where you should be at gear 2) at the slalom course before the first 1st left turn.

What is the correct method?

1) accelerate faster and go gear 2 fully release clutch before reaching the lying cone?

2) accelerate fast and go gear 2 at the point of lying cone and let out clutch gradually while turning left at the first cone?

There is a lying cone (where you should be at gear 2) at the slalom course before the first 1st left turn.

1) accelerate faster and go gear 2 fully release clutch before reaching the lying cone?

2) accelerate fast and go gear 2 at the point of lying cone and let out clutch gradually while turning left at the first cone?

You don't have to be fast to be in gear two. As long as you are at the speed where you can bring you foot up and not wobble you can go gear two alr.

Plank must not just look straight, but also thigh grip tight, and maintain clutch, don't release more or clutch in on plank

Crank what i do is i go wider before entering the crank so i got more distance to switch up to gear 2

What is the model of the bike used in ssdc?

CB125E for 2B

I would say before you even reach the lying cone your hands should be off the clutch already so you can focus better on turning haha

You don't have to be fast to be in gear two. As long as you are at the speed where you can bring you foot up and not wobble you can go gear two alr.

Plank must not just look straight, but also thigh grip tight, and maintain clutch, don't release more or clutch in on plank

Crank what i do is i go wider before entering the crank so i got more distance to switch up to gear 2

CB125E for 2B

I would say before you even reach the lying cone your hands should be off the clutch already so you can focus better on turning haha

I see, ok so lets say i change to gear 2 before the line, do i throttle after changing to gear 2 before reaching the line, then i release throttle when going to lean left?

OR when engage gear 2, just release clutch and let it roll and lean left?

So sorry for these questions

I see, ok so lets say i change to gear 2 before the line, do i throttle after changing to gear 2 before reaching the line, then i release throttle when going to lean left?

OR when engage gear 2, just release clutch and let it roll and lean left?

So sorry for these questions

It's kinda too specific bro haha, your gut feeling will know when to open throttle or close throttle, it really depends on scenario because you won't change gear at the exact same rpm each time, causing the response to be different.

Hi bro, thanks for your reply. Think you misunderstand. After I throttle abit, I will release fully the clutch.

You're right! I misunderstood. Haha. What you're doing should be acceptable, as long as the fingers don't dwell on the clutch lever for too long.

It's kinda too specific bro haha, your gut feeling will know when to open throttle or close throttle, it really depends on scenario because you won't change gear at the exact same rpm each time, causing the response to be different.

This is true. It depends on the bike sometimes. When they were still the old bikes, some would require a hard rev while others can get to gear 2 speed with a gentle coax. It will depend on your feel with the bike. Not sure about the new ones.

In short, just get to gear 2 as soon as possible from the start line, so you can concentrate on regulating your entry speed.

One good tip I got from the instructors: for the first cone, aim to slot your bike in before the midpoint of the cones. Then you will find it easier to go round the following cones. For example, in the diagram below, pass the bike to the right of the X, which is supposed to be the midpoint between cones 1 and 2.

o.........X.........o

Cone 2 Cone 1

If need be, jam the foot brakes to get it, then add throttle when coming out from there to maintain balance.

Bro lesson 4 , I ever saw got one guy take 10 time le never lie. That was my 4th try which I passed with 8 points lol. I thought cmi on that day cos not feeling well and didn't do my best. Just don't give up bro, whenever you fail stayback and ask the instructor why u fail, how can you improve yourself. Just don't give up bro. All the best!

guys, i just failed prac 4 ytd night AGAIN. skidded my bike at e brake, got my elbow and thigh injured. broke the bike left mirror completely.

after e brake, i straight away went up, parked my bike. went to the counter, instructors helped me clean my wound and apply medicine and bandage. then i take my booklet and leave.

booked cr on sat, prac 4 AGAIN on sun. hopefully i can clear this sun

ps. going TCM later for my thigh, swollen like 1 mango

everybody ride safely!!! :bounce:

I have Mother Teresa's heart <3

guys, i just failed prac 4 ytd night AGAIN. skidded my bike at e brake, got my elbow and thigh injured. broke the bike left mirror completely.

after e brake, i straight away went up, parked my bike. went to the counter, instructors helped me clean my wound and apply medicine and bandage. then i take my booklet and leave.

Ouch! Please take care. Hopefully can get well enough by Sun to pass! All the best!

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

Now that you know bikes do skid, next time after you pass be careful not to tailgate and do hard braking, especially during rainy days! The floor in school for ebraking is designed for ebraking and is unlike the road outside. It's fortunate that you learn in school now, unlike myself (i learnt it the hard way on my own bike outside :/)

For EBrake, do not jam the brake too hard too suddenly, if you think it is gonna lock up already, quickly release and depress gradually again

Anyway hope you have a speedy recover and all the best to your prac 4 this sunday!

Now that you know bikes do skid, next time after you pass be careful not to tailgate and do hard braking, especially during rainy days! The floor in school for ebraking is designed for ebraking and is unlike the road outside. It's fortunate that you learn in school now, unlike myself (i learnt it the hard way on my own bike outside :/)

For EBrake, do not jam the brake too hard too suddenly, if you think it is gonna lock up already, quickly release and depress gradually again

Anyway hope you have a speedy recover and all the best to your prac 4 this sunday!

E-Brake, eyes look foward not towards the stop line,

eblow relax grip fuel tank with thigh, maintan 30kmph press brake and foot brake after the 2nd line, when bike fully almost stop depress back clutch...

kick back to gear 1 , check right back signal before moving off..

You're right! I misunderstood. Haha. What you're doing should be acceptable, as long as the fingers don't dwell on the clutch lever for too long.

This is true. It depends on the bike sometimes. When they were still the old bikes, some would require a hard rev while others can get to gear 2 speed with a gentle coax. It will depend on your feel with the bike. Not sure about the new ones.

In short, just get to gear 2 as soon as possible from the start line, so you can concentrate on regulating your entry speed.

One good tip I got from the instructors: for the first cone, aim to slot your bike in before the midpoint of the cones. Then you will find it easier to go round the following cones. For example, in the diagram below, pass the bike to the right of the X, which is supposed to be the midpoint between cones 1 and 2.

o.........X.........o

Cone 2 Cone 1

If need be, jam the foot brakes to get it, then add throttle when coming out from there to maintain balance.

Thank you bro. But sadly i failed prac 2 again.

I really cannot get the open and close throttle. Its very jerky as well.

I didnt hit any cones but feel its not smooth at all.

If it's jerky with stuttering, that means insufficient acceleration. So the remedy is to open the throttle more when moving off initially.

Yeah, you need a minimum speed right at the start to properly steer the bike, especially for crank course so don't be stingy with the throttle.

For 2B E-brake I never used more than 50% of the front and rear brakes to stop after crossing the first yellow line, then when the bike is about halfway between the yellow lines you have to gently release the brakes to smoothen the forward motion, then clutch in fully and release brakes slightly more when you feel the bike is about to stop. The key point is don't brake too hard after passing the yellow line and don't squeeze it even harder when the speed becoming slower or you will lose control.