SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

Power wise, the 696 may loose out to the Street Triple but the 696 might have more torque? Not sure about that. Usually V-twin or L-twins have less horse power but more torque.

For me, I prefer the colour scheme of the stadard model (shiny-gloss paint and golden forks) but I think I will love to have the better suspension and brakes on the R model. The suspension on the standard model is really quite soft, despite my weight of less than 60kg.

Not sure about the price now. But one thing for sure is .. it went up!

Had a quick check and specs as follows:

696 > 161kg / 58.8kw (abt 82BHP)/ 50.6lbft

Street 3 R > 167kg / 79KW or 107BHP / 51lbft

I guess the acceleration is probably quite even base on PWR, but on the high end the street probably like to be rev a bit more...

Saw the 2009/10 model and love the new color range.. maybe will pay Mah a visit and check the prices...

BTW yohji, yours is the green street?

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Had a quick check and specs as follows:

696 > 161kg / 58.8kw (abt 82BHP)/ 50.6lbft

Street 3 R > 167kg / 79KW or 107BHP / 51lbft

I guess the acceleration is probably quite even base on PWR, but on the high end the street probably like to be rev a bit more...

Saw the 2009/10 model and love the new color range.. maybe will pay Mah a visit and check the prices...

BTW yohji, yours is the green street?

Wah great .. the Street Triple wins hands down. And it's cheaper than the 696 (still cheaper? hope so!). Yes mine is a greenie. The one in my signature. My friends and I nick named it Hulk :lol:

c26492.jpg

Bit out of my budget Bro.

The Street is always going to be a more ridable bike compared to the 696, especially with as much city riding as we do here. It's not just in the figures, compare the curves, the S3 delivers torque from 2000 smoothly all the way up on an almost flat curve, you never get that with the V twin, and the exhaust howl has no comparison :thumb:

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O

IMHO, the best sounding bike is still the duke.

No 2,3,4 cylinder, V4, 2 stroke or other twin sounds anything like a Duke with Termis regardless what exhaust you put on it.

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

The Street is always going to be a more ridable bike compared to the 696, especially with as much city riding as we do here. It's not just in the figures, compare the curves, the S3 delivers torque from 2000 smoothly all the way up on an almost flat curve, you never get that with the V twin, and the exhaust howl has no comparison :thumb:

yeah bro u pretty much summed it up , spec sheets only give hard numbers

but they hardly tell anything bout how the bikes deliver power .

triples have the most sweetest torque curves ..( i really wanna ride a rocket one day:cool:)

the Street triple has alot of upgradable potential .the 3into 1 arrow brings the bikes weight down to 160kg dry and adds up to 8 more horses n some torques!replace the large license plate holder with a small tail tidy kit and the bike will be even lighter!

the new 2010 striples(Standard n R) are alil more expensive thou , they've received a new instrument cluster with a larger LCD panel n far better button placement...but the new tacho face looks kiddish o_O.

both the 696 and street R on the road price should burn a 24k +/- hole in your pocket so they're bout even on price.

But honestly,.... there's no getting away from how gorgeous the ducati looks ..it may not be the best braking or accelerating etc but id never blame anyone for buyin it on looks alone .. it is a one sweet lookin red devil , specially with the dual underseat termignonis

triples have the most sweetest torque curves ..( i really wanna ride a rocket one day:cool:)

the Street triple has alot of upgradable potential .the 3into 1 arrow brings the bikes weight down to 160kg dry and adds up to 8 more horses n some torques!replace the large license plate holder with a small tail tidy kit and the bike will be even lighter!

the new 2010 striples(Standard n R) are alil more expensive thou , they've received a new instrument cluster with a larger LCD panel n far better button placement...but the new tacho face looks kiddish o_O.

both the 696 and street R on the road price should burn a 24k +/- hole in your pocket so they're bout even on price.

But honestly,.... there's no getting away from how gorgeous the ducati looks ..it may not be the best braking or accelerating etc but id never blame anyone for buyin it on looks alone .. it is a one sweet lookin red devil , specially with the dual underseat termignonis

I see that there are quite a wide range of exhuaust for the street. wat is popular and are there legal ones? I guess the arrows should be legal?

Some of those i heard in youtube with the carbon slip ons sounds great!

Im hoping the street is cheaper cos in Europe and US, the Duke cost ard 1000EUR more...

696 was 26kOTR the last time i ask Mary (before neg and discount) let see when i go Mah and ask..

IMHO, the best sounding bike is still the duke.

No 2,3,4 cylinder, V4, 2 stroke or other twin sounds anything like a Duke with Termis regardless what exhaust you put on it.

Yeah man ...................... especially the Monster 900 with Termis .............. DOO DOO DOOO DOOOO DOOOOOO DOOOOOO

The clocks on the new models look like a cheapo toy alarm clock!! But the buttons are easier to press I suppose. I hate it when they change something nice to something ugly.

I was deciding between the 696 and Street Triple. But having rode the Monster 400 for 3 years (got tired of L-twin), and comparing the specs and price, I guess the Street Triple is a better choice.

I see that there are quite a wide range of exhuaust for the street. wat is popular and are there legal ones? I guess the arrows should be legal?

Some of those i heard in youtube with the carbon slip ons sounds great!

Im hoping the street is cheaper cos in Europe and US, the Duke cost ard 1000EUR more...

696 was 26kOTR the last time i ask Mary (before neg and discount) let see when i go Mah and ask..

The Arrow Slipons are legal only in Europe. They don't sound like anything illegal (if you leave the baffles in). Good luck with your negotiation at Mah ... :D I'm sure he'll sell you the Zards (which are legal in SG).

c26492.jpg

The Zard compliments the Triumphs very well, they have a close relationship with Triumph, and certainly the equal of Termi's on Ducati's. They are a very good balance of improved performance, spine tingling sound without being offensive or intrusive on the highway and so sui looks IMHO, not cheap but hey you can put an ugly woman in high heels and short skirt, still an ugly woman and might not be able to run so fast :faint: do that with a pretty one and she just looks like she walked out of Orchard Towers :eek:

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O

Yeah man ...................... especially the Monster 900 with Termis .............. DOO DOO DOOO DOOOO DOOOOOO DOOOOOO

The clocks on the new models look like a cheapo toy alarm clock!! But the buttons are easier to press I suppose. I hate it when they change something nice to something ugly.

I was deciding between the 696 and Street Triple. But having rode the Monster 400 for 3 years (got tired of L-twin), and comparing the specs and price, I guess the Street Triple is a better choice.

The Arrow Slipons are legal only in Europe. They don't sound like anything illegal (if you leave the baffles in). Good luck with your negotiation at Mah ... :D I'm sure he'll sell you the Zards (which are legal in SG).

you shld hear the termis in the s4rs.. with the dry clutch.. its double the sound! love it when it goes...

The Zards are the one in Carbon that are legal? saw the sound clip in yooutube.. not too bad.. are the db killer removable?? what's the price?

The Zard compliments the Triumphs very well, they have a close relationship with Triumph, and certainly the equal of Termi's on Ducati's. They are a very good balance of improved performance, spine tingling sound without being offensive or intrusive on the highway and so sui looks IMHO, not cheap but hey you can put an ugly woman in high heels and short skirt, still an ugly woman and might not be able to run so fast :faint: do that with a pretty one and she just looks like she walked out of Orchard Towers :eek:

i saw a dyno chart whereby the arrows (3 to 1) shortie is giving 7bhp and 3lbft more... is that considered as gd gain or just moderate? The arrow slip on adds like 2 bhp iirc.

you shld hear the termis in the s4rs.. with the dry clutch.. its double the sound! love it when it goes...

The Zards are the one in Carbon that are legal? saw the sound clip in yooutube.. not too bad.. are the db killer removable?? what's the price?

I'm not sure which Zard is legal. I guess the one with black satin finish is legal. I was quite surprised that something so thin and flat can produce such a low, bassy note (with baffles in!). But they look too flat for my liking. Price wise I'm not sure. Think they are cheaper than the Arrows. The Arrows have the Triumph logo laser-etched on them. Maybe that is why they cost more :lol:

c26492.jpg

no wonder I always see u hanging out ard the orchard towers area!! :angel:

try golden mile nextime, similar fare but half the price.

i saw a dyno chart whereby the arrows (3 to 1) shortie is giving 7bhp and 3lbft more... is that considered as gd gain or just moderate? The arrow slip on adds like 2 bhp iirc.

superbike & 2 wheels did a dyno with the slips ons last year and reported hp & torque loss through out rev range. maybe u can attach a chart for us to see?

the arrows match the street very well in terms of looks. :thumb:

even the zard cfs are not as eye catching.

They go their own way.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

superbike & 2 wheels did a dyno with the slips ons last year and reported hp & torque loss through out rev range. maybe u can attach a chart for us to see?

Hmm yeah. The Zards are too black IMO .. not as eye-catching. If they have a titanium-finish version, it might look good. But they are legal and sound good .. hmm ..

c26492.jpg

i will try to find it... i chance upon it a few days back, now have to search thru history..

Afew of the exhaust i found nice and loud:

IXIL

Zard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTquWWghUww&feature=related

One of my Favorites..

Zard - the satin finish one Yohji was saying..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6j2PdOuL_0A&feature=related

some nice round and in CF

manage to find this for exhaust and map comparison..

http://tuneboy.com.au/images/675StreetTriple/675_Std_vs_Arrow.jpg

http://tuneboy.com.au/images/675StreetTriple/675_std_vs_TuneBoy_Remap.jpg

http://tuneboy.com.au/images/675StreetTriple/675Street_Arrow_TuneBoy.jpg

http://tuneboy.com.au/images/675StreetTriple/675_Arrow_vs_Std_pipe_With_TuneBoy_Remap.jpg

http://tuneboy.com.au/images/675StreetTriple/675_Std_pipe_vs_Arrow_pipe_with_TuneBoy_Remap.jpg

some other dyno runs

http://video.tiscali.it/canali/truveo/1143018088.html

But if the bike is in the new ti Grey with black frame, the CF will go well..

At least i dig it...:angel:

Looks like someone has somewat settled with a Triumph Street Triple R eh? :thumb:

I'm with yohji on the zard looking a bit flat ...but youre in luck ,

i heard Eugene(the guy incharge of triumph stuff from Mah) has a set of Zard penta exhaust on his own personal street triple R so u can head down n check his bike out n actualy listen to it 1st hand .

the fueling maps u pasted up above r tuneboy stuff (the unit cost bout 399 Aussy),its the way to get the most from a striple but since it overrides the ecu it also voids your warranty ,so regardless of wat exhaust u install id suggest just getting the bike remapped a triumph supplied map .there's 3 i think:

Standard

TOR

Arrow 3into 1 race

its kinda sad that the arrows are illegal.. :sian: i hope the Zard 3 into 1 is legal though ,its got a catalyzer!

ill be heading down to Mah next week to get more info on the system.

i know most ppl feel the striple looks best with the underseat exhaust ,(i kinda agree too +_+)

but i'm a weight weeny and the Low boy Zards look sooo gd!.. heres abit of eye candy for all of u!(this is not mine and i photochopped it abit from the original)

Triumph Street Triple r   262 copy.jpg

Edited by Shin@sgbikes

its ure going to be planning serious engine mods, get the PC 5 and forget the tuneboy.

TB is way too limited with the gameboy.

Instead of uploading preset maps on tuneboy, get some dyno time with the PC5 and maps for your own personal preference, eg. more low,mid range torque or upper rpm hp.

It is money well spent.

They go their own way.

Looks like someone has somewat settled with a Triumph Street Triple R eh? :thumb:

I'm with yohji on the zard looking a bit flat ...but youre in luck ,

i heard Eugene(the guy incharge of triumph stuff from Mah) has a set of Zard penta exhaust on his own personal street triple R so u can head down n check his bike out n actualy listen to it 1st hand .

the fueling maps u pasted up above r tuneboy stuff (the unit cost bout 399 Aussy),its the way to get the most from a striple but since it overrides the ecu it also voids your warranty ,so regardless of wat exhaust u install id suggest just getting the bike remapped a triumph supplied map .there's 3 i think:

Standard

TOR

Arrow 3into 1 race

its kinda sad that the arrows are illegal.. :sian: i hope the Zard 3 into 1 is legal though ,its got a catalyzer!

ill be heading down to Mah next week to get more info on the system.

i know most ppl feel the striple looks best with the underseat exhaust ,(i kinda agree too +_+)

but i'm a weight weeny and the Low boy Zards look sooo gd!.. heres abit of eye candy for all of u!(this is not mine and i photochopped it abit from the original)

Yeah, i think the low boy (Arrows or Zard) shaves as much as 3kg or 7 pounds. To me this is not really weight... being more of a car nut.. 3 kg is like 3 L of petrol.. lol

I guess a visit to Mah is a must... maybe one of the afternoon..

BTW, they are all house along their serangoon shop right?

Well.. as for is it going to be a striple, im still not sure.. but i sure dig the overall look.. although i must admit the monster is very close to my heart too (being a current monster owner).. who knows, maybe 1 fine day when my bike pisses me of big time with her farking tantrum.. i may just get ride of her.. lol

So shin, u are on a speed or street?

its ure going to be planning serious engine mods, get the PC 5 and forget the tuneboy.

TB is way too limited with the gameboy.

Instead of uploading preset maps on tuneboy, get some dyno time with the PC5 and maps for your own personal preference, eg. more low,mid range torque or upper rpm hp.

It is money well spent.

To be honest.. i intend to leave the engine stock. Maybe just a full system plus a reflash or tune...

Being a nite rider + weekend joy rider... a rather get reliability...

i have heard alot of gd reviews of the PC5, anyone on it here?

Actually the Arrow 3 into 1 lowboys(titanium end can + steel headers with no cat ) saves close to 8 kg over the stock system! and that IS weight specially on a bike ,

the underseat high mounts exhausts may save ard 3kg thou.

A gd friend of mine just bought a white Speed Triple

I myself just bought a Matt graphite Street Triple R like the one attached to my last post . Will be collecting the keys on Saturday morning but i wont be riding her till January 2010 :cry: (looong story )

look out for me in January with a F**333** license plate on my stripleR ^_^

anyway for now when i got nothing better to do at night i watch these kinda videos :cry:

oh btw CMYRS , the power commander 5 isnt available for the street triple yet +_+ well at least according to their website, the tune boy does allow one to create custom maps etc it also allows modification of the ignition timing

where as i think u need to purchase a separate module to do so with power commander.

im thinking ill be just happy with triumphs own arrow race map though :thumb:

Yeah, i think the low boy (Arrows or Zard) shaves as much as 3kg or 7 pounds. To me this is not really weight... being more of a car nut.. 3 kg is like 3 L of petrol.. lol

I guess a visit to Mah is a must... maybe one of the afternoon..

BTW, they are all house along their serangoon shop right?

Well.. as for is it going to be a striple, im still not sure.. but i sure dig the overall look.. although i must admit the monster is very close to my heart too (being a current monster owner).. who knows, maybe 1 fine day when my bike pisses me of big time with her farking tantrum.. i may just get ride of her.. lol

So shin, u are on a speed or street?

Edited by Shin@sgbikes

interms of flexibility and tuning perimeters, the PC5 has it all, hands down.

Ive seen demos on the tuneboy and the PC5.

The difference is massive, taking into account, the price difference is not.

They go their own way.

Actually the Arrow 3 into 1 lowboys(titanium end can + steel headers with no cat ) saves close to 8 kg over the stock system! and that IS weight specially on a bike ,

the underseat high mounts exhausts may save ard 3kg thou.

A gd friend of mine just bought a white Speed Triple

I myself just bought a Matt graphite Street Triple R like the one attached to my last post . Will be collecting the keys on Saturday morning but i wont be riding her till January 2010 :cry: (looong story )

look out for me in January with a FBD 333** license plate on my stripleR ^_^

anyway for now when i got nothing better to do at night i watch these kinda videos :cry:

oh btw CMYRS , the power commander 5 isnt available for the street triple yet +_+ well at least according to their website, the tune boy does allow one to create custom maps etc it also allows modification of the ignition timing

where as i think u need to purchase a separate module to do so with power commander.

im thinking ill be just happy with triumphs own arrow race map though :thumb:

gd choice on the colour, i like the orange as well.. but the graphite looks more stealth.. anyway, when i do buy, it will be a tough choice that i welcome:angel:

I shall not ask you abt your long story...but could u PM your price and what they throw in OTR??

I think i may have to wait for another 6mths before i can get mine.. sigh...