SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] TRIUMPH Speed Triple Riders

desewer

non rat event actually.

raty events take place like once every 4mths?

when u ride a triumph u cannot follow the crowd.

u need to go your own way. :)

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh yes, there is roadside parking, where u are seated is prob like 10m away, in full view if ure worried someone will come by and steal your prized possession, staff may have heavy duty steel chains for increased security.

They go their own way.

oh yes, there is roadside parking, where u are seated is prob like 10m away, in full view if ure worried someone will come by and steal your prized possession, staff may have heavy duty steel chains for increased security.

When u are at vie bar, u will be looking at something else rather than your bike. :p

http://img390.imageshack.us/img390/2794/triumphsmallgd9.gifhttp://img194.imageshack.us/img194/4900/daytonausa.jpg

When u are at vie bar, u will be looking at something else rather than your bike. :p

HAHAHAHA.........one reason y in the past I didnt want the others to know abt this place is because it will get 2 crowded. :angel:

not to worry, my tiger will take care of herself.

They go their own way.

Eh don't know what happened to QuaXum. Didn't hear from him haha ..

Yes I have the same view as you. The bike would look more complete (beefier) with the bellypan and flyscreen and seat cowl. But some pple prefer to keep it as naked as possible.

Yeah! the bike looks great with the complete kit yet it look perfectly fine "naked"

a testament to a gd design i say .

theres this company in UK that does carbon fibre everything for the street triple ,

heres a link to the cabron fibre belly pan

http://www.carbonuk.net/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1

they also have the best looking under tray ive ever seen (in carbon fibre too)

http://www.carbonuk.net/shop/item.aspx?itemid=34

the shipping seems to be 120 pounds though +_+ .. hopefully they'll get back to me to see if that can cover multiple items

anyway i Wish i could join u guys for the meet tonight(even if my striple is still 2 months away) .. sadly this student has a test tmr morning +_+

enjoy yur evening everyone

Yeah! the bike looks great with the complete kit yet it look perfectly fine "naked"

a testament to a gd design i say .

theres this company in UK that does carbon fibre everything for the street triple ,

heres a link to the cabron fibre belly pan

http://www.carbonuk.net/shop/item.aspx?itemid=1

they also have the best looking under tray ive ever seen (in carbon fibre too)

http://www.carbonuk.net/shop/item.aspx?itemid=34

the shipping seems to be 120 pounds though +_+ .. hopefully they'll get back to me to see if that can cover multiple items

anyway i Wish i could join u guys for the meet tonight(even if my striple is still 2 months away) .. sadly this student has a test tmr morning +_+

enjoy yur evening everyone

Don't know why I find that carbon fiber parts don't really look suited for the Street Triple. Maybe it's because the engine itself is already black. Adding carbon fiber will make the whole bike look too black, unless your bike is black. That's just my opinion.

c26492.jpg

Hi guys, which would you recommend... Street triple or speed triple?

Also whats the prices like for a used 07-08 or new 09 model?

TIA

Both are quite different bikes, although they look the same, the street comes with a 675 engine and is the street version of the daytona.

Where as for the speed triple, its engine is 1050cc

So depending on which capacity suits u more. :angel:

http://i38.tinypic.com/2610xz6.jpg

T r i u m p h S t r e e t T r i p l e

Don't know why I find that carbon fiber parts don't really look suited for the Street Triple. Maybe it's because the engine itself is already black. Adding carbon fiber will make the whole bike look too black, unless your bike is black. That's just my opinion.

actualy i agree with u especially on the white or green striples the carbon sticks out in bad way .( except maybe the carbon hugger or carbon front mud guard)

& this might sound a lil crazy but ill actually paint the carbon parts to match the body color .why not get the originals then?+_+ cause they Cost bout the same !

& carbons r lighter .. just feel a tiny bit better bout paying that much for carbon fibre too

Edited by Shin@sgbikes

Hey there ,

the speed triple has been lauded as one of the best road engines on a road bike ever .I've had the pleasure of riding one ard for abit n honestly the torque from any rpm above 2000 is insane

the bike will punch out of medium to low speed corners so damn hard its scary .

so getting one i say depends on how disciplined u are with the throttle and what kinda power your used to riding before ,,otherwise if yur not careful u may end up in a barrier or some other non bike friendly thing before u know it!

the street triple is no slouch though, only 0.2 - 0.3 of a second slower from 0 to 100kph then a speed triple and so much more flick-able . its has a lower seat height then a stock Speed triple and just that much more easier to ride for novice to intermediate riders .

looks wise id say both have their own distinct type of sex appeal

street triple looking more streamlined n a lil refined while still being badass while the Speed looks like big bad brawler ,Arnold(terminator) Vs Daniel Craig (james bond)

you'll find the Street triple a few k cheaper then the Speed and it wont be to easy finding either 2nd hand specially the street triple

so after all tat , the best thing u can do is head down to Mah and book a test ride on both those bike ! if they still allow for test rides tat is and see which feels better for u, who knows u might like a daytona or a tiger in the end hehe

:thumb:

Hi guys, which would you recommend... Street triple or speed triple?

Also whats the prices like for a used 07-08 or new 09 model?

TIA

I'm so pysched now! Just rode home from work trying to beat the rain (which I did). The Street Triple feels fantastic when ridden hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry can't help it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bouncefire::bouncefire::bouncefire::bouncefire:

c26492.jpg

:thumb: I Dont blame u.. haha Must be Daaaamn shiok blasting in and out of empty pockets in traffic on that lean mean n very green machine!!

I'm so pysched now! Just rode home from work trying to beat the rain (which I did). The Street Triple feels fantastic when ridden hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry can't help it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bouncefire::bouncefire::bouncefire::bouncefire:

hey thanks to all that had replied... and Shin for the vid..

I have been doing some reading and the reviews seems to favour more of the street triple.. being more rider friendly and easier to control etc

I guess some concern is with parts support and service.. i had heard some horror experiences with some fellow riders.. some true some obviously over blown...

Any idea what is the price range like for a used street? and does Mah stock used street?

am also considering super duke and monster 696 thou..

Glad to help , but i think the biggest thing you've gotta figure out is whats the purpose of the bike?

if yur looking for a once in a while weekend blasting machine any of the bikes u mentioned will do

but if your looking for something flexible thats comfortable n smooth to ride daily but still puts a huuuuge grin on yur face wen u feel like it (see yohji's latest post for an example) then id suggest sticking to the street and speed

and if yur getting a monster 1st hand go for the 1100 , the 696 as gorgeous as it is ,is a lil underpowered in both engine n stock brake setup compared to the other bikes

its not gonna be eaasy getting any of these bikes 2nd hand thou

they're all some wat "exotic " bikes id suggest heading down to Mah motors and others shops u know to see wats available , i do know Looi motors has a ktm 990 Supermoto 2nd hand , similiar to the duke if yur interested

Any idea what is the price range like for a used street? and does Mah stock used street?

am also considering super duke and monster 696 thou..

the beast is CAGED!~

u can come visit and take her home for a fee of about $23,500. :angel:

see u guys tonight, Vie bar, 1030pm.

http://www.vie-bar.com/home

Ah, rumor was that you had sold already.

Sorry I missed that, still drying out from the afternoon free wash :(

I agree with being discreet with the fake carbon fibre stuff, too much would be like painting a KTM Kawa green, instant loss of identity :dot:

Vara is gone but back strain lingers on o_O

Glad to help , but i think the biggest thing you've gotta figure out is whats the purpose of the bike?

if yur looking for a once in a while weekend blasting machine any of the bikes u mentioned will do

but if your looking for something flexible thats comfortable n smooth to ride daily but still puts a huuuuge grin on yur face wen u feel like it (see yohji's latest post for an example) then id suggest sticking to the street and speed

and if yur getting a monster 1st hand go for the 1100 , the 696 as gorgeous as it is ,is a lil underpowered in both engine n stock brake setup compared to the other bikes

its not gonna be eaasy getting any of these bikes 2nd hand thou

they're all some wat "exotic " bikes id suggest heading down to Mah motors and others shops u know to see wats available , i do know Looi motors has a ktm 990 Supermoto 2nd hand , similiar to the duke if yur interested

do agree the 696 is down on power vs the street, i think its 86 vs 105bhp.. i guess that makes the street capable of cathing the bigger bike.

any idea what is the price OTR for the street R?

so would y0u rec to go for the R series or just stay with the standard trim?

do agree the 696 is down on power vs the street, i think its 86 vs 105bhp.. i guess that makes the street capable of cathing the bigger bike.

any idea what is the price OTR for the street R?

so would y0u rec to go for the R series or just stay with the standard trim?

Power wise, the 696 may loose out to the Street Triple but the 696 might have more torque? Not sure about that. Usually V-twin or L-twins have less horse power but more torque.

For me, I prefer the colour scheme of the stadard model (shiny-gloss paint and golden forks) but I think I will love to have the better suspension and brakes on the R model. The suspension on the standard model is really quite soft, despite my weight of less than 60kg.

Not sure about the price now. But one thing for sure is .. it went up!

c26492.jpg

Ah, rumor was that you had sold already.

Sorry I missed that, still drying out from the afternoon free wash :(

Ah! Shes still waiting for a new owner.

Still keen on having 1 here in Spore? :cool:

I have not placed an ad yet as I still enjoy riding it.

Maybe one day sooon....I will get down to doing it.

They go their own way.