SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Accident related - What happen next? Private settlement? Look here

Andy

after read so many thread..get confused a bit..if you're not at fault n the other party admit wrong..how u're gonna to claim against his insurance company..izit u must still go to idac n then then ur insurance company will claim it on ur behalf?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by mamatz@Jul 21 2004, 12:18 PM

after read so many thread..get confused a bit..if you're not at fault n the other party admit wrong..how u're gonna to claim against his insurance company..izit u must still go to idac n then then ur insurance company will claim it on ur behalf?

if the other party admit wrong, he/she may wanna settle with you privately. use the private settlement form here.

if the other party admit wrong but want you to claim from his/her insurance, send your bike to IDAC for reporting. after that you can find a motor diam that does 3rd party cliam to cliam on your behalf.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by MIG-29@Aug 13 2004, 11:40 PM

Is it ILLEGAL not to report an traffic accident? meaning if both parties for some sort of reason decide at the moment its best for both of them not to get the police involved.

at least must make a GIA.. accident report at IDAC? to cover each other ass... juz incase one accusse the other for hit and run?

http://picturesky.com/albums/userpics/10715/obliquityresize.jpg

IBA member #25267

Originally posted by roger@Aug 14 2004, 04:28 AM

at least must make a GIA.. accident report at IDAC? to cover each other ass... juz incase one accusse the other for hit and run?

I Oppose that ... If the other party din report . your INSURER will LOAD you for accident prone.

Keep the incident report relating to the accident. If he report , your insurer will inquire you about the accident & ask you to report.

Just state that both parties agreed not to report. so a report was not made.

• 3 weeks later...
Your lawyer will:-

go through the documents and consider the evidence;

take a statement from you and advise you on the merits of your case;

write letters on your behalf to claim compensation;

discuss with you offers made and negotiate a settlement;

if no settlement is made, commence proceedings in Court, prepare court documents, interview your witnesses and prepare for trial.

Like to ask, so who does tha lawyer actually claim from? The insurance company of the other party or the other party itself??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Originally posted by Arcfire@Aug 30 2004, 07:51 PM

Like to ask, so who does tha lawyer actually claim from? The insurance company of the other party or the other party itself??

Usually the claim will be from the other party's insurers. Tats the whole reason why we all need to be insured to be on da roads.

But the insurers will fight tooth n nail not to accept full liability so u might end with only perhaps a percentage of the payout u expect.

Someday, home will be where my front wheel points.

Astride a 2002 Yamaha Fazer FZS600

Ic...so would it be wise to turn to a lawyer to help settle the claims?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

• 4 weeks later...

hmm.. let say if i my bike insurance is fire and theft under Mitsui. So if someone knocked onto me, i sent my bike to IDAC , then wat will happened? How to claim form the other party insurance ? where to go and how to do abt it ??

PLs explain to me in details, sorry to inconvience you all , i still very blur after reading all the posts.

Originally posted by tweakmax2@Sep 24 2004, 09:03 PM

wat if u kena accident and u dun have any motorcar repair shop to ask the driver to go for repair .. as we all ride bikes wan .. so is there any standard or authorised workshop where they can send the car to repair rather than to their own workshop ??

you can go to a workshop that is not related to you or the other party.

for authorised workshop, you can check with Mitsui (since your coverage is with them). They will give you a list.

Originally posted by tweakmax2@Sep 24 2004, 09:00 PM

hmm.. let say if i my bike insurance is fire and theft under Mitsui. So if someone knocked onto me, i sent my bike to IDAC , then wat will happened? How to claim form the other party insurance ? where to go and how to do abt it ??

PLs explain to me in details, sorry to inconvience you all , i still very blur after reading all the posts.

after you have made a report at IDAC...

send you bike to a bikeshop that does 3rd party claim. Check with them to see if they (bikeshop) are able to claim for you and do you need to pay for the repair 1st.

http://agcvldb4.agc.gov.sg/non_version/cgi...est&method=part

ROAD TRAFFIC ACT

(CHAPTER 276)

Section 84

Accidents

Duty to stop in case of accident

84. —(1) If in any case owing to the presence of a motor vehicle on a road an accident occurs whereby damage or injury is caused to any person, vehicle, structure or animal, the driver of the motor vehicle shall stop and, if required to do so by any person having reasonable grounds for so requiring, give his name and address and also the name and address of the owner and the identification marks of the motor vehicle.

(2) If in the case of any such accident as aforesaid the driver of the motor vehicle for any reason does not give his name and address to any such person as aforesaid, he shall report the accident at a police station or to a police officer as soon as reasonably practicable and, in any case, within 24 hours of the occurrence thereof.

(3) If in any case owing to the presence of a motor vehicle on a road an accident occurs whereby any person is killed or any damage or injury is caused to any person, vehicle, structure or animal, the driver of the motor vehicle shall render such assistance as may be reasonably required by any police officer or in the absence of any police officer such assistance as it may reasonably be in the power of the driver to render.

[11/96]

You are blur, when I say I am blurr.

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by merz65@Nov 28 2004, 11:15 AM

during a claiming period so we can take taxi n claim fro e other party as well?? like can take cab till any extend??

for bikes "loss of use" usually is around $20 per day. you can use it for whatever you like.... even taking a cab

• 3 weeks later...

loss of use is it e same as loss of transport??

e workshop told me i onli got 6 days of loss of use. = 6*$20 = 120.

BUT onli can get ard 30% of it (dunno wat reasons) then onli can get $30 plus! wat rubbish is tat?! like tat then how abt my cab fares?? e claiming is taking so long some recipts inks r disappearing liao.. arg,,,

what ever it is, if it's not your fault, claim hard from the other party.

your fault then tiam tiam la. or sometimes asking for immediate compensation

for minor accident might do some good then wait for all the trouble to claim

& stuff.

bottomline : Ride Safely!

• 6 months later...
Originally posted by tyujhgbnm@Jul 6 2005, 01:29 AM

My insurance is mitsui 3rd party. actually wad should i do if i hit someone (i do wrong ) and someone hit me (other is wrong)i need to know the whole process so and experts can tell me all the process??I thought 3rd party cant claim anything but still need to call them and tell them what happen??

did you read here? http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....opic=15008&st=0

if not, pls read 1st.

Wanna add something. Got into accident CNY eve. I was approaching this red-light cam junction got one fooker ah pek car in front. He passed by the "2nd of 3" arrows liao... then the light turned amber he jammed brake and stopped past white line. I braked hard... skidded (juz changed tyre only knn...) bumped slightly into his left-rear bumper.

I endo a bit bike S4 heavy like elephant fall to left side but I'm still standing. The fooker kept quiet for 4months then BAP! Lawyer letter come to me. After checks with insurance/lawyer, THERE IS UP TO 6 YEARS FOR CLAIMS!

Somemore the fooker banged his bumper more, causing the GIA to CHANGE the bumper and also dunno how the left taillight also cracked and he also changed mitsubishi emblem logo. FOOKER!

My word of advice:

1) No matter how small the accident, SUBMIT A REPORT TO YOUR INSURANCE. Even if you are not claiming under your own or 3rd party claim, it is for filing purposes... TO COVER YOUR BACKSIDE! Never take at face value people say "It's ok... small matter".

2) Use handphone camera to record ANY small details. They may be inflated by fooking bas***d workshops. You know how it is...

3) No point settling in private. You may never know when he will fook your ass. Remember, 6 YEARS VALIDITY FOR CLAIMS.

Btw, met lawyer. Said if you hit from behind... no matter what... HIGH POSSIBILITY you are liable. Of course, keeping a "safety distance" is a fooking bullshit. You leave a distance some other fooker jump into your lane in front of you. Knn like that you ride from Pasir Ris to Jurong take fooking 3 hours.

I am The Great Cornholio!

And a Gringo...

I have no Bunghole...

• 5 weeks later...

hi guys.. well i have an accident today.. it was raining and while i was making a turn my bike skidded and i fall down.. well the passser by call the ambulance as i couldn't stand up cos my knee hurts alot.. the traffic police came and took awayt my bike.. and a invasgation begins, i told them the road is wet so i skidded.. the police said my punishment will be a summon of 200 bucks and 6 points.. well i dun think it's fair, cos i fall down and did not cause daners to others why r they giving me a summon and deduct of points... can i appeal for this..???

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/4415/hyorileedh5.gif

å®æ•™æˆ‘负天下人....休教天下人负我...

In a place where life goes this fast, it's never fair.

Life is simple you made choices, you don't look back.

• 4 months later...

ya if its not fair but i dun think u can appeal. I got into accident this morning 3am on the PIE towards Changi Airport before stevens Road, there is this... ummm... ramp or something on the center on the eway and well done, my bike is as good as total lost. I've a feeling that claiming from LTA is a waste of time but that's the only solution left for me... any advise?

• 1 month later...

i need some help here.. i was involved in a accident with a car.. the driver jam brake while changing lane ...

i hit the car rear bumper.. he want to claim my insurance but i say settle privatly..

he agree to it.. the repair fee cost around 200.. got so ex mei??

so my question is whether i need to inform my insure company for any private settlement?? just in case the driver backstab me.. some 1 pls help..

Originally posted by k9999@Jan 26 2006, 07:28 PM

i need some help here.. i was involved in a accident with a car.. the driver jam brake while changing lane ...

i hit the car rear bumper.. he want to claim my insurance but i say settle privatly..

he agree to it.. the repair fee cost around 200.. got so ex mei??

so my question is whether i need to inform my insure company for any private settlement?? just in case the driver backstab me.. some 1 pls help..

which insurance are you under?? around 200 for wat damages??

if the driver just ask for 200 and is willing to not claim you why not??

but its best to put in black and white as in the form given above :)

if your insurance is NTUC, you can fax the private settlement form back to NTUC so that your insurance knows that you had made a private settlement and NTUC will not allow the other driver to claim your insurance...

if you find that the price is too ex, find a motor car workshop which can quote you cheaper and ask the driver to go there... just tell the driver that everything will be done and you will be paying if the price is more acceptable for you...

hope the above helps :)

Originally posted by k9999@Jan 26 2006, 11:09 PM

thanks bro

wat if my insure in under mitsui?

insurence is 3rd party

hit the right rear llight and some stratches on the rear bumper..

i think u pte settlement better

so mnr no need claim

Why four strokes when all you need is two?