SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Accident related - What happen next? Private settlement? Look here

Andy

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by k9999@Jan 27 2006, 12:56 PM

okay i have agree to pay him 180 sing dollars for his damage..

is the damage worth the amount?

the amount sounds reasonable... replacing the brake light and painting the bumper...

but pls make sure that the amount paid is full and final in black and white and make sure that both of you have a copy and both of you had signed the black and white... keep the black and white... do give mitsui a call and confirm whether they need the black and white anot... :)

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by dirt_man8@May 27 2003, 02:59 PM

Guys

I just had an accident today...made me learn a lot of stuff that I would like to share with you all..

This morning , I was turning left in my sch and I have signal my intention to turn long ago. This reckless driver came from behind and bang into my ack wheel..why? maybe he was fast? maybe he was c***? maybe he couldnt care less ? but thats not the main issue.

At the first impact of the bang, I thought I corner too low on tarmac causing my back wheel to slide so I countered steer and managed to escpae from a fate of scratches and bruises. Upon stopping the bike, I expect him to come out of the car looking apologetic, instead, he dashed out giving a fark face and claimed that I stopped too soon and signaled too late..we started to have a heated agrument on whois right and whois wrong and that driver simply dun want to admit his mistake and insisted on claiming my insurance. That arsehole even challanged me to hit him.. DUN!! no matter under what circumstances , you should never lay your hand on the driver...road bullies are always wrong!~

without even giving a care to what he says, I phoned for the police knowing that there wouldnt be a case as theres no damage to public property, no injury, and doesnt affect cyclists or pedestrains. The police arrived and WOW! you see the change in attitude of that guy became instantous.. amazing!!

Police came and took down what happened and will keep it as referance...

When you are involved in an accident, dun panic or be agitated! analyse the situation and select your strong points and work on them!

No matter whether the driver ask for a private settlement or he wana make a claim, report the matter to your respective insurance company and file it under report...NTUC income policies holder can do it at IDAC (few locations) they could even provide free towing if your vehicle cant move.This is to protect yourself against double sided snakes that says they wouldn claim you in front of you but makes a claim behind your back..Your insurance company will access the situation and take down pictures of your bike and hopefully writes a report in your favor..

Next important thing..

If some driver has been performing some "tricks" on the road that you find its a hazzard to other road users safety, you can also do a write in to complain abt them.. all you need is that "stunt" driver or rider's plate number.

Write a formal fax letter to OC Violation Traffic POlice Department telling them what has happened. The fax number is 65474883, the telephone number is 65470000..

Your complain could probably save another rider or driver life.. :thumbs:

Regards

for the stunt thingy....no proof then how will the proper authorities take action?

24th Feb'06 - 28th Jun'06 NSR 150SP FR 8*9*Y

29th Jun'06 -Dec'06 Crutches n Taxi

Jan'06 - present day Public Transport

25th May'07 Daihatsu Extol

bike sold on my bdae!!

I was involved in an serious accident few weeks back, now TP say court matters and either me or the other party going to be charge for dangerous driving depending on the investigation and if there is witnesses. But I have clearly written in my statement that its not my fault. And at the point of time, I was admitted to hospital straight, thus unable to find any witnesses. In this case, will I have to find witness myself? I have find a lawyer to do the claims for me. What should I do? Pls advice! Thank you!

I was involved in an serious accident few weeks back, now TP say court matters and either me or the other party going to be charge for dangerous driving depending on the investigation and if there is witnesses. But I have clearly written in my statement that its not my fault. And at the point of time, I was admitted to hospital straight, thus unable to find any witnesses. In this case, will I have to find witness myself? I have find a lawyer to do the claims for me. What should I do? Pls advice! Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got my 2B license abt 6 months ago.

Would like to ask: if I am involved in an accident, but I only have the car's plate no., no contact details of the driver, still can make claims against the driver? Need witness?

Asking b'cos had a near accident recently. I am on left side going straight, car didn't signal and turn left. Fortunately, everything happen slow motion, but my front wheel still got bumped by the car, and fell on the side. Didn't check my bike then, as first time. And I am ok, luckily. Only later then I realise that I should have at least taken note of the car's plate no in case I find damages to my bike later. But will it help?

• 1 month later...

i got into n accident 2 weeks back.. its under TP investigation...

the thing is... my bike is at my bikeshop now... how do i go abt it?? can i pay for the repair first n claim later?? coz my relative say that its hard to claim the costs n u nd to engage a lawyer to settle it...

nd help!!!

a good friend once said to me, "You will only be truly happy if you give your best in everything you do..."

and i thought to myself...

how true...

• 3 months later...

This is a guide to how insurers apportion liability in certain accidents.

The Barometer of Liability Chart will apply in the following situations:

1.Violations of traffic protocol e.g. traffic on right has right of way, stop sign, yellow box junctions etc.

2.Conflicting facts within an agreed scenario.

3.Regardless of the decision of Courts and FIDReC, unless there are new evidences to support otherwise.

4.Restrict to repair cost only.

Exclusion List

The Barometer of Liability Chart will not apply when there is :

a.Independent witness

b.Action taken by the traffic police

c.Repudiation of liability (based on GIA guideline)

d.Admission of liability in the report of one party or there is photographic evidence supporting the version of one party

e.Dispute of facts in respect of the type of scenario used.

http://www.gia.org.sg/BarometerofLiability...ement(BOLA).doc

He who hesitates is lost!

Hi guys, had a accidental starting of this month.. hospitalised 8 days with i think more than 3 months MC... I had a bike shop ; recommended by my lawyer, to repair the bike. Currently unable to ride and is at bike shop. With the time frame of MC expected, can I cancel the insurance temporailly? How about road tax? Heard from my friend able to do it!! Also wondering, is it easy to make claims from NTUC? Meaning my insurance is NTUC, opposite party NTUC too. I am not at fault for I was travelling on straight road and veh came out of minor road without stopping (there was a stop-line).

• 4 weeks later...

too many Q, too less replies.. cant breathe... haha..

But huh really must take pic ah, my fren also tio 'A' for damages not done by him, asked to pay 7k...

Honda Freed

Honda XL 200

Suzuki DR200

Yamaha Fino

Piaggio LX150

Suzuki Lapin

Yamaha TW 200

Gilera VXR 200

Piaggio ET8 200

• 2 months later...

Hi guys,I'm a new rider here with less than a month's experience and got into a accident last night.

I was travelling along east coast road and nearing a traffic light, i was moving behind a taxi and then he suddenly stop..i knew i could not break in time so i swirved away and I brushed past his tail light and bumper.

The result was his tail light and bumper was damaged, and my ferring gt 1 huge scratch. We pulled over and got into a heated arguement and both sides refused to exchange particulars as he keep claiming is my fault.He then called police to come down.

I failed to have get his particulars and photos of his cab and witness information, then out of the blue, 2 insurance claim consultants came and told me to ride off with my fren 2 see a doctor...blur blur..i did as told.

So now what do i do now guys..i really duno how to go about this case now

NOTE : I wasnt speeding..going abt 50km/h but my ebreak technique still newbish..i still P plate :sweat:

07-09 : NSR SP 150cc

09-10 : Piaggio X9 200 EVO A

Current Ride : CB 400 Super 4

• 3 weeks later...

Ok mine happen today 7/3/2007 at bukit batok st 22..

im going straight to cka motorbike shop..

a junction before cka, it is still green light.. i saw taxi on my right.. alright..

it is my right of way now.. cause im travelling straight..

but who knows the taxi driver turns out neglect my presence..

i bang into the taxi.. i braked already when i see him turning but it is too late. i bang into the taxi left side near to fuel tank 's area..

he is nervous.. quickly got out of his taxi come to me. ask me anything happen 2 me..

im there pointing at my bike saying.. my bike how?

he sae.. doesnt' matter u can claim it from insurance. he ask me anything happen 2 me bike not tat impt.. i sae i dunno not sure.. i give him a stun look cus im really stun dat time..

he quickly call the ambulance.. and civic defense came.. fetch me to NUH.

i been there from 7:30pm to around 11pm then i receive a x-ray . my reports shows im fit to be discharged..

now i wana know is.. my bike which is at the accident sence... how do i get it back? as i already called 999 and ask them bout my bike condition. they sae i can chat with the traffic police..

and also.. the insurance claim.. how do i go bout doing it ?

the uncle is so nervous and keep saeing he is doom , end of work for him.. can retire or something like that..

ok im on 2nd party fire & theft...

can anyone help now?

i been discharged got 3 days medicial leave as i sprain my wraist and bruise my back. lucky im alright but my bike is gone case...

---unauthorised advertising---

hi bro,

if i'm not wrong ..ur bike is FX8666D , it's at the Traffic Police Pound at Airport Rd

if you need more info, please contact Traffic Police and ask for IO 97031, ur case ID is J/202 ..

hope that helps ..

get well soon bro ..

:cool: rempiticon #76

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photos/LG8O8616.jpg

Originally posted by 7sixxer@March 08, 2007 03:16 am

hi bro,

if i'm not wrong ..ur bike is FX8666D , it's at the Traffic Police Pound at Airport Rd

if you need more info, please contact Traffic Police and ask for IO 97031, ur case ID is J/202 ..

hope that helps ..

get well soon bro ..

hello there! u are right.. how do you know my bike number? are u a traffic police?

thanks for blessing.. :cheer:

Originally posted by Soomp!@March 08, 2007 03:18 am

hello there! u are right.. how do you know my bike number? are u a traffic police?

thanks for blessing.. :cheer:

no lah bro ...

i'm handling the towing of accident vehicles and such ...

for ur case, just call the IO ... liase with him when you can take ur bike back. once he gives you a date and time, liase with your bikeshop to tow ur bike to their shop (if ur bike is unable to be ridden .. if it is, ride to ur bike shop lor ) ... think ur bikeshop can do ur claim for you ..

and if u have any injuries, i think you can even claim from the other party for your injuries and so forth .. i'm not too clear on that, maybe you'll like to get advice from your insurance company ?

Originally posted by 7sixxer@March 08, 2007 03:25 am

no lah bro ...

i'm handling the towing of accident vehicles and such ...

for ur case, just call the IO ... liase with him when you can take ur bike back. once he gives you a date and time, liase with your bikeshop to tow ur bike to their shop (if ur bike is unable to be ridden .. if it is, ride to ur bike shop lor ) ... think ur bikeshop can do ur claim for you ..

and if u have any injuries, i think you can even claim from the other party for your injuries and so forth .. i'm not too clear on that, maybe you'll like to get advice from your insurance company ?

if i cant ride now , is it ok if i ask my bike shop to do the tow too ?

i will call the traffic police and my insurance company tml. thanks a lot.. your help is appreciated..

:smile:

checked with my driver, think ur bike tank suffered quite a bad damage .. no fuel inside, all leaked out .. and u definately need a tow truck as ur bike wheels are jammed and unable to push..

Originally posted by Soomp!@March 08, 2007 03:30 am

if i cant ride now , is it ok if i ask my bike shop to do the tow too ?

i will call the traffic police and my insurance company tml. thanks a lot.. your help is appreciated..

:smile:

yups, you could .. juz check with the IO if u need to come down to sign any forms to release ur bike or if your bike shop can do that on ur behalf ..

no probs bro .. hope the info helps :thumb:

Originally posted by 7sixxer@March 08, 2007 03:32 am

yups, you could .. juz check with the IO if u need to come down to sign any forms to release ur bike or if your bike shop can do that on ur behalf ..

no probs bro .. hope the info helps :thumb:

ur info do help greatly.. im still figuring out what to ask the traffic police tml on the fone. but with ur case number i could get into the topic easier..

thanks again!! :cheer: :cheer:

Originally posted by Soomp!@March 08, 2007 03:42 am

ur info do help greatly.. im still figuring out what to ask the traffic police tml on the fone. but with ur case number i could get into the topic easier..

thanks again!! :cheer: :cheer:

no worries ..

when u call, just ask for the IO, when the IO picks up , inform your name and ur case number. then just ask him if you can take back ur bike...

that's all .... if there;s anything else, he will inform you on it ..

:goodluck:

HI GUYS,

Last week, a van reversed(blindly) and knocked into the front part of my bike. Only damage to my bike is the front mudguard broken. The driver say he will pay for my repair. So i didnt go n make accident report. Now i go repair oredi.... he trying to avoid paying me.... im currently insured under mitsui. can i go n claim his insurance?

Would appreciate any advice from u guys. Thanx...

Many will call me an adventurer - and that I am, only one of a different sort: one of those who risks his skin to prove his platitudes

Originally posted by farhanidris@March 09, 2007 04:06 pm

HI GUYS,

Last week, a van reversed(blindly) and knocked into the front part of my bike. Only damage to my bike is the front mudguard broken. The driver say he will pay for my repair. So i didnt go n make accident report. Now i go repair oredi.... he trying to avoid paying me.... im currently insured under mitsui. can i go n claim his insurance?

Would appreciate any advice from u guys. Thanx...

sms him, say u r taking up legal actions against him if he does not settle payment (repair fees + lost of transportation costs) by, say, 20th March 2007

No more regrets.

sms him, say u r taking up legal actions against him if he does not settle payment (repair fees + lost of transportation costs) by, say, 20th March 2007

--------------------

Thanks.....I will try that strategy.... see whether this fella scared anot. By taking legal actions u mean claim his insurance ?

Many will call me an adventurer - and that I am, only one of a different sort: one of those who risks his skin to prove his platitudes