SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Accident related - What happen next? Private settlement? Look here

Andy

front vehicle jammed his brake, can't evade coz traffic were jam pack.

my bike handlebar end hit his rear side, bike got no damage.

not even handlebar end coz it's solid steel. :cheeky:

haha good for u.. i'm not so lucky my bar end dented and handlebar got a little slanted. fractured my hand as well.. kept my bike in carpark for 2 mths now battery cannot charge.. dunno is battery spoil or the coil spoil..

oh well, and our insurance premiums will be higher next yr.. most likely alot more for mine. lol. :faint::faint::faint:

16043136772_a80daf3f36_h.jpg

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was just wondering

is there any difference in claiming

for the following scenarios

1: Driver/ Rider is Charge in Court for Inconsiderate Driving 9pts COurt decide the penalty.

2: Driver/ Rider is Compunded by TP for Incosiderate Driving. 9 pts 200$

Let put it the Driver is at fault and the rider is not charged or penalised.

So the rider wish to claim from the driver and so is the pillion

How many percent of the liablities of the driver will it be for both scenarios?

The BOLA will not work in this case because TP made a decision that changes the whole factor.

Will it be 100% claim from Rider to Driver?

Will the Driver insurer take 100% liability?

Can the pillion claim the same claim as the Rider to the Driver?

Will the rider be cold defandant?

Now if the driver is at fault and charged in court.

Can the pillion still claim for damages frm the rider?

Heard news if the Driver/ Rider traffic offfence is compound... the insurer liabilites is only up to 80%

IF the driver/ riders is Charge in court. The insurer liablities will be 100%

i wonder...

You have been fed so much misleading info that they only serve to give you and others the wrong picture. The best answer is to disregard all these things you hear.

Just on one point: The pillion passenger can claim damages from the combination of both vehicles' drivers, because the fault for liability towards passengers is attributable to one of the two or both. It is common to see passengers sue both driver and rider in the same claim, and see where the liability falls.

He who hesitates is lost!

wah kor , my turn for accident today at hougang. very young girl driver pulled out from a carpark straight into the middle lane of the 3 lane road, i jam brake but was too late, went into her driver door, it was a classic 45 degree angle collision. i fly on the floor. her father passenger or what, came out we started to argue until by luck a witness came and help to sort it out. I wanted to call TP for help . the passenger very kancheong to move their car to the side to avoid evidence. at first i said no i want to call TP but then the witness said if no injury just claim against their insurance. the kind witness malay man gave us his number so i relented. Told me to take some photos of the accident.

So i exhanged some details with the passenger. all the while the young girl driver sat inside never came out. they ciao away very fast , then i went to make a report.

My bike not good , handlebar feel loose , mirror loose, front suspension very soft , steering not steady, left footrest bent, clutch assembly bent, front cowling broke , electric start spoilt, fuel leak from filter. I hope my front rim not bent :pity:

Injury slight back strain & hip pain , swollen knee. but havent take MC yet, besides now currently in between jobs, now is sunday, etc.

wa lau still a bit shaky now even 8 hrs later. any support emotional or otherwise is appreciated Thank you all

Motard Man >> MZ Motorradd << where can i get one ?

Hey bro, slight hip and back pain can be anything, it may only be slight pain now because the swelling hasn't started, best go see a doctor.

Go to the hospital A&E if you need to since it is a Sunday, take an X-ray as well for hair line fractures.

If you are Singaporean the X-Ray and everything is bundled into 1 package of $80.

And although what the malay witness said is true, no injury no need to call TP, but in this case you were injuried! Why didn't you do anything??!? :?????

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Hey bro, slight hip and back pain can be anything, it may only be slight pain now because the swelling hasn't started, best go see a doctor.

Go to the hospital A&E if you need to since it is a Sunday, take an X-ray as well for hair line fractures.

If you are Singaporean the X-Ray and everything is bundled into 1 package of $80.

And although what the malay witness said is true, no injury no need to call TP, but in this case you were injuried! Why didn't you do anything??!? :?????

Thanks for your concern, i am much better now, no major injury has developed thank heaven. the reason is cos it hard to determine injury on-the-spot after sudden accident like that. i was feeling shocked from then till the whole night. the strains and bruises only matured the next day which was a sunday but i felt that A&E was not that urgent so i just relax & recover.

I FIGURED OUT THIS TIP , AFTER SUDDEN ACCIDENT WE MUST IMMEDIATELY LOOK BEHIND FOR A CAR ASK THEM TO STOP AS WITNESS. I was so shocked i didnt do so , i was very lucky that malay man who was one of the cars behind stopped further down and came back. Take care all and always watch out for car suddenly cut in front of us. we all once in awhile must practice jam E-brake. Take care

• 4 weeks later...

aiya from govt perspective its bikers who are at fault. u go cinema or tv see all their road safety ads. Its always one racer bike doing stupid things then get banged down, the slogan will be something like "ride safe!" not "watch out for the tiny bikes!"

http://gadgets.boingboing.net/gimages/lego-cycle-helmet.jpg this is not me! :cheeky:

i got into an accident yest. was approaching junction to turn right. as i was approaching light turned amber. so i made the mistake of assuming all drivers would obey road rules and nt try n beat the red light. so cut story short, i moved off, the car banged me frm the front and i became 'superman". landed on my left elbow and dislocated it. best part is as i was screaming in pain on d road d lady passenger of d car came out n scolded me! "U STUPID AH DUNO HW TO CHK AH" i was like F-YOU lady u duno hw to stop at red light ah. nw waiting for thursday to go tp hq to get my statement. the IO called me up oready so do i nd to make any reports? btw my insurance is ony 3rd party frm ntuc

http://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/mesab0ogie/162924_10150098222388659_776873658_7311881_1249924_n-1-3.jpghttp://i697.photobucket.com/albums/vv331/mesab0ogie/184825_10150138083343659_776873658_7941714_3856564_n.jpg

i got into an accident yest. was approaching junction to turn right. as i was approaching light turned amber. so i made the mistake of assuming all drivers would obey road rules and nt try n beat the red light. so cut story short, i moved off, the car banged me frm the front and i became 'superman". landed on my left elbow and dislocated it. best part is as i was screaming in pain on d road d lady passenger of d car came out n scolded me! "U STUPID AH DUNO HW TO CHK AH" i was like F-YOU lady u duno hw to stop at red light ah. nw waiting for thursday to go tp hq to get my statement. the IO called me up oready so do i nd to make any reports? btw my insurance is ony 3rd party frm ntuc

I have seen many lady drivers reckless driving. I myself kena ram by lady driver. If you are confident you are in the right, ask if the junction got camera. That will solve yr case. You should be totally in the right if u moved off from the turning box at the moment the light turned red. Gd luck

• 2 weeks later...

hello guys..

i got involved in a car accident last yr.. chain accident involving 4 vehicles. my car the 3rd one... TP already sent letter the 4th guy admit mistake n kena summon n fine.

now the 1st driver sent me a whole stack of his claims thru lawyer...

so wat i do now?

i go insurance company or wat? i only scared my insurance will be affected....

btw insurance company do wat? den lawyer do wat?

not sure.... :dot:

wah kor , my turn for accident today at hougang. very young girl driver pulled out from a carpark straight into the middle lane of the 3 lane road, i jam brake but was too late, went into her driver door, it was a classic 45 degree angle collision. i fly on the floor. her father passenger or what, came out we started to argue until by luck a witness came and help to sort it out. I wanted to call TP for help . the passenger very kancheong to move their car to the side to avoid evidence. at first i said no i want to call TP but then the witness said if no injury just claim against their insurance. the kind witness malay man gave us his number so i relented. Told me to take some photos of the accident.

So i exhanged some details with the passenger. all the while the young girl driver sat inside never came out. they ciao away very fast , then i went to make a report.

My bike not good , handlebar feel loose , mirror loose, front suspension very soft , steering not steady, left footrest bent, clutch assembly bent, front cowling broke , electric start spoilt, fuel leak from filter. I hope my front rim not bent :pity:

Injury slight back strain & hip pain , swollen knee. but havent take MC yet, besides now currently in between jobs, now is sunday, etc.

wa lau still a bit shaky now even 8 hrs later. any support emotional or otherwise is appreciated Thank you all

got sit ambulance? if yes = police case & if police case, den person gonna get big time for 1) destroying of evidence. 2) fail to render help.

the above if you did call & sit an ambulance.

hello guys..

i got involved in a car accident last yr.. chain accident involving 4 vehicles. my car the 3rd one... TP already sent letter the 4th guy admit mistake n kena summon n fine.

now the 1st driver sent me a whole stack of his claims thru lawyer...

so wat i do now?

i go insurance company or wat? i only scared my insurance will be affected....

btw insurance company do wat? den lawyer do wat?

not sure.... :dot:

call lawyer & they will advise you from there. they are getting paid from your case so let the moolah do the work...

1st - yesterday after work i was traveling STRAIGHT on lane 2 & this FEMALE driver on the 1st lane suddenly lane change into lane 2 without 1) fail to signal intention 2) fail to check blind spot cos i was 45 degrees behind her!!! so i slowed to her window & ask, " your signal light spoil ah?". bugger just act blur

2nd incident - was pumping petrol at woodlands ave 12 esso. after pumping i walked back & saw a pick up beside my bike BLOCKING MY EXIT. i knock on window & ask the person to reverse so that i could exit but he purposely did the opposite & went forward. bloody hell furious.

those are just a few incidents that i encountered but what my main thinking is,

1) i do not feel any laws protecting us against road bullies regardless of bike or cars

2) its time to invest in a tank mount cam.

prior to these, i did called the authorities on road bullies. i stop by the road side with the car at the back & called the police. 3 incidents all nearly taking away my last breath but no feedback till now. i am disappointed. police dun act unless the damage is done & afraid by the time damage is done, many of us are already lying on the ground.

Can't post a new thread? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

call lawyer & they will advise you from there. they are getting paid from your case so let the moolah do the work...

need advise ahh.... my another accident case, the other party accepted the summon n fine already...

den now i go do wat? go bike shop/lawyer to ask for claims or go insurance?

my insurance also kena top up extra $500 when i renewed few months back...

:confused:

• 2 months later...

hie guys..

need a bit of help or advice here

sry im noob jus pass p plate

2 month ago at cte/sle i had a near accident wif this car hu had side swipe my bike n hit my left fairing

luckily i manage to control the bike which already from fast lane wobble till

the next lane..i escaped without any injuries

so had made a police report n sent to idac..

after that my bike condition very terok..

paintwerk got sratches n fairing dented like hell

the interior duno wad sound come out liao..

and so i went to jb to check n had made repairs n to get a whole set of faring

total cost me ard 1600 ringget

so now wad happens...

i wanna make claims but not from my own insurance as i heard

if i do that my premium will be even more the next time round

so now wat do i do?

wait for sum1 to call me or wad???

oh ya my insurance 3th party only from ntuc

Edited by sgtfallenprince

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
pls off topic here, i really nid help. My demerit points is 0 points laio. meaning cannot minus anymore or will gantong..

I wish to knw, parking on curb. what is the charge n summon like, got demerit pts? ty

pls post on the right thread.n your phantom v nice

Do not trouble trouble unless trouble troubles you

• 3 months later...

hi guys,

need your opinion...

i got into an accident with another bike abt couple months back along Guillemard Road. It was a 3 lanes road and I was travelling in the 2nd lane. The rider was coming out from a carpark slip road and into the 3rd lane. As I'm approaching a main T junction and heading straight (Green light was showing) at normal speed, suddenly the rider (1) cut into my lane without signalling and (2) didn't even check his blindspot and becoz of that 2 errors, I had to JAM braked my bike and unfortunately my bike had hit his bike side rear and both riders fell down. No major injuries for both riders as we are able to move our bikes and exchange info.

Both had no witnesses to the accident and now that rider is filing 3rd party claim from me. Ppl telling me that I might lost this case as I had hit his bike rear. I felt this is unfair as his reckless and negligent riding put other life in danger.

Is there any other way that I can do or help me to fight for my claim on his negligent riding? Appreciate any advise. Thanks!

hi guys,

need your opinion...

i got into an accident with another bike abt couple months back along Guillemard Road. It was a 3 lanes road and I was travelling in the 2nd lane. The rider was coming out from a carpark slip road and into the 3rd lane. As I'm approaching a main T junction and heading straight (Green light was showing) at normal speed, suddenly the rider (1) cut into my lane without signalling and (2) didn't even check his blindspot and becoz of that 2 errors, I had to JAM braked my bike and unfortunately my bike had hit his bike side rear and both riders fell down. No major injuries for both riders as we are able to move our bikes and exchange info.

Both had no witnesses to the accident and now that rider is filing 3rd party claim from me. Ppl telling me that I might lost this case as I had hit his bike rear. I felt this is unfair as his reckless and negligent riding put other life in danger.

Is there any other way that I can do or help me to fight for my claim on his negligent riding? Appreciate any advise. Thanks!

You must also file claim against him , let the companys investigate. check the traffic junction if they had cam maybe you were near enought to be seen. Others hit you because you cut their lane never check blindspot, its own fault, by rights he should not file against you but the other way round instead. good luck

• 2 weeks later...

hi guys...i was wondering...i had been involved in an accident in which a car banged into me while riding..this caused a few damages and parts have been replaced...however...for my exhaust pipe...i was given another aftermarket legalised pipe...

but rite now..the question is...who is to pay for the inspection of the pipe..??is the cost stuck with me or is it suppose to be claimed by the insurance..??coz according to my bikeshop,i will have to pay for it....but according to my logic...i got hit and how come such tings are nt claimable..??is the bike shop trying to earn more or smth like tat..??

thanks... :)

• 1 month later...

hi,

my fren was involved in a minor accident just now. he is at fault from what i know. what happen was, he kiss the back of the car. damage was some scratches on the car bumper. no personal injuries whatsoever. he told me that car owner decide not to pursue the matter cos nothing much.

he call me at the scene and i told him better to play safe. write everything down black and white. but i think what he write like too brief. only date,time,driver's name and nric and car plate no. his is also included. den he wrote something like parties involved will settle matter privately with no cost involved. and signature from both parties. thats all.

is it too simple? cos i compare with the sample private settlement form from ntuc, they included points like both parties will not make police report, Neither party shall be liable to compensate the other party for any loss or damages (direct or indirect) incurred or to be incurred as a result of the accident etc etc.

my question is, is my friend on the safe side? and the "private settlement form" was written on the back of the receipt. cos settle on the spot. can be used for reporting at idac right? or can dun report?

what must be done next beside reporting idac? cos i nv involved in accident before. dun know much. only know abit from reading forum.

help will be appreciated. thanks!

• 2 months later...

"Costs

The costs you have to pay your lawyer are called "Solicitor and Client's" costs.

The costs that the losing party pays to the winning party is called "Party and Party" costs.

If you lose your case, you will have to pay the other side's Party and Party's costs, as well as your own Solicitor and Client's costs.

If you win your case, the Party and Party costs received by you can be used towards paying your own Solicitor and Client's costs.

If you are awarded more than $5,000 for personal injuries, the Court decides on the amount of Solicitor and Client's costs and the Party and Party costs.

"(quoted from first post)

for this cost, the insurance company will bear the cost or me? cos i currently have a case on my previous bike accident which happen almost a year ago and today i recieve a call from the legal firm to go down and pay up the legal fees... i was stunned man!

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

• 7 months later...

hi guys, i need help.

had an accident just now along cte after amk ave 3. it was jam packed. i was in the first lane. the car infront had brake and i tried to brake in time as well, but unfortunately i langgar his bumper. its dented, no injuries occurred to me altho i was flung =/ i think i was too close. i did admit it was my fault. however both of us did not know what to do. i did not take pictures, write black and white etc.we only exchanged particulars and parted ways. the guy was cool with it. initially i wanted to make police report, but was advised by my friend that settle privately is better.

im worried that i would be taken advantage of. furthermore there was this guy who pulled up and start introducing himself saying he handles insurance, has a workshop etc etc. i did not hear him talking to the driver. was busy on the phone. i tried contacting the driver now, but he did warned me that his phone is faulty.

what should i do? and how much does it cost to repair a bumper? how should i negotiate...haiz..

• 3 months later...

Hi all, I need advice on some things.

I got into an accident 2 months ago and due to that I had loss of memory of what happened. My friend who happened to notice my bike, stopped by and talked to the TP and 3 teenagers. I was already brought to the hospital in an ambulance. Later, what I found out from my friend was that the 3 kids were jaywalking across a 2-lane carriageway. I swerved and avoided those kids but unfortunately crashed somewhere. Another friend of mine stopped by the accident spot one day and noticed that there were fresh damages on the bark of one of the trees. Most probably I had crashed onto that.

99% of the injuries I attained were internal injuries. I had pan-facial fractures, left pneumothorax(collapsed lung) and some other internal injuries. The thing is I had no abrasion or swelling at all on other parts of my body except for my face. Upon my discharge from the hospital, I saw on my hospital records that I self-skidded, landed on the left side of body and dragged under motorcycle about 10metres. I was puzzled because my injuries do not tally with the way it was described in the records and this may affect the investigations.

From what I've been told, pedestrians are always right, no matter what. In my case, this is a disadvantage for me because I was the one who got injured due to their negligence. From the last I remembered, I wasn't speeding as I wanted to turn right at the front junction.

How do I go about in my case such as the incorrect records? Am I at a lose situation? How do I, if possible, claim from the kids' parents due to my excessive hospital bills? Any other advices will be appreciated. Thanks.

This post is computer-generated. No signature is required.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h49/fitaqu/2hd4ow5.jpg

hi all.. i've got some question i like to ask.. the story goes.......

• met with an accident this morning along AYE towards ECP.
  • was travelling between lane 1 and 2 when a dickhead driver juz swerved to the right trying to cut into lane 1.
  • couldn't stop in time altho applied e-braked till the rear wheel skidded a little before hitting into the extreme right rear.
  • sent to NUH A&E even tho suffered minor abrasions (thanks to the jacket, leather shoe and gloves :thumb:) and was given 2 days MC..
  • lodged a police report after being discharged and will be going to TP HQ to collect my bike (they took it for safekeeping after i left with the ambulance)...

My question is:

1. Do i need to get the bike towed to IDAC even tho i'm not claiming from my own insurance (NTUC)?
  2. Can i send my bike to any bike shops for repair? Or MUST i go back to the one its hire-purchased under (ie. still under installment)?
  3. Do i have to pay for the repairs 1st (and wait till the dickhead's insurance company pays me back)?
  4. When the dickhead's insurance company pays, who will they be paying to? Owner, hire-purchased company OR repairing shop?