SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Track Day @ Tuas Circuit For Cub/scooter/motard/motocross

100% ACCURATE!!!

TRACK DAY @ TUAS CIRCUIT

FOR SCOOTER, CUB, MOTARD and MOTOCROSS

DATE : Saturday 3rd May 2008 and Sunday 4th May 2008

More details such as track time according to bike category, track fee, etc will be posted soon!!!

Im still waiting for the details from thier hot n sexy public relation officer.. Rest assured it is a confirmed track day..

Get your bike and gears ready for the 1st ever TRACK DAY @ TUAS CIRCUIT..

http://photos-519.friendster.com/e1/photos/91/53/29333519/29650247456167l.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok Guys.. Here's the time schedule :-

Sat 3rd May 2008..

11.00am - 1.30pm (2 1/2 hrs)

SCOOTERS ONLY

$50 per bike per rider

Sat 3rd May 2008

2pm - 4.30pm (2 1/2 hrs)

Underbone (CUB) and

SuperStreet (KR, TZM, CBR150 etc) below 200cc ONLY

$50 per bike per rider

4.30pm - 7pm (2 1/2hrs)

Underbone (CUB) and

SuperStreet (KR, TZM, CBR150 etc) below 200cc ONLY

$50 per bike per rider

Sunday 4th May 2008

8am - 10.30am (2 1/2hrs)

MOTARD ONLY

$60 per bike per rider

10.30am - 1pm (2 1/2hrs)

MOTARD ONLY

$60 per bike per rider

Have fun and enjoy the 1st Track Day @ Tuas Circuit.. :thumb: :thumb:

Sat 3rd May 2008..

SCOOTERS ONLY

$60 per bike per rider

Sat 3rd May 2008

2pm - 4.30pm (2 1/2 hrs)

Underbone (CUB) ONLY

$50 per bike per rider

4.30pm - 7pm (2 1/2hrs)

Underbone (CUB) ONLY

$50 per bike per rider

Hi Doc, thanks for the post. BTW, scooter is $50 per 2 1/2hr session, same as CUBS.

Also, Saturday's trackday, 2pm-7pm will also be open to superstreet 200, i.e. TZM 150, KRR150, NSR150SP and street bikes below 200cc.

Bring ur 20yr old antique TZR125 down la!

Sat 3rd May 2008..

SCOOTERS ONLY

$60 per bike per rider

Sat 3rd May 2008

2pm - 4.30pm (2 1/2 hrs)

Underbone (CUB) ONLY

$50 per bike per rider

4.30pm - 7pm (2 1/2hrs)

Underbone (CUB) ONLY

$50 per bike per rider

Hi Doc, thanks for the post. BTW, scooter is $50 per 2 1/2hr session, same as CUBS.

Also, Saturday's trackday, 2pm-7pm will also be open to superstreet 200, i.e. TZM 150, KRR150, NSR150SP and street bikes below 200cc.

Bring ur 20yr old antique TZR125 down la!

Alamak the SEXY PR Officer gave me the wrong info then.. KNN.. hahaha..

Anyway ive amended it liao.. :thumb:

Please give more info lah.. Wats the Basic Safety Requirement for Bikes and Riders??

Will there be compulsory riders briefing on basic safety before every session??

:dot: :dot:

Yes there will be a compulsory riders briefing. As this is the first track day, we will brief the pit exit and entrance, safety do's and dont's.

It is recommended to be fully attired in leathers(1pc or 2pc), otherwise, thick riding jackets with elbow and knee guards are necessary. Full face helmet, leather gloves and high boots are compulsory.

during the recent bikeasia 08 show,i went to the tuas circuit booth and spoke to a nice young lady.she was telling me that 400cc and 250cc bikes such as cbr,rvf,gsx,zx,rs,pgm will all be allowed participation on the track.but i dont see this category listed above.can anyone confirm this?i really hope we can enter cos i cant wait any longer...ha..thanks.

'He who is afraid to take risks will accomplish nothing in life'

-muhammad ali

www.facebook.com/ivan.mccall

Tuas track for small bikes + motard. Big bikes gotta wait for changi track - another 3-5 years.

http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i179/vjjam/SBFpic3.jpg

Bikes Owned Previously : Aprilia RS125 / Suzuki GSX 400RR / Aprilia RS250 / Honda Phantom TA150 / Yamaha YZF-R1 2004 / Yamaha X1 2005

Bikes Owned Currently : Yamaha YZF-R6 2006

Sponsorship by : SPA TREASURES

THE TIME HAS COME!!!

Roj, just to clarify, 2 riders can share one bike as long as we pay $50 for each rider, correct?

Also, any scrutineering? Tech requirements like lights taped up, mirrors removed, etc?

Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing.

THE TIME HAS COME!!!

Also, any scrutineering? Tech requirements like lights taped up, mirrors removed, etc?

I really wonder if they will enforce tech requirements like the go karts track I go to here in the USA.

All glass headlights must be taped or removed.

Mirrors must be removed.

This is to prevent glass hazards on the track in the event of a crash.

Footpeg and axle sliders must be installed.

This is to prevent the track surface from being damaged or scuffed up in the event of a crash.

Catch cans must be installed.

This is to prevent the inadvertent spllage of fuel onto the track from the carb overflow tubes in the event of a crash.

Though they may sound like a pain in the butt requirements... you got to admit they know what they are doing.

Track days are supposed to be fun and safe... both for new and experienced riders. The organisers want the participants to come back again and again... and thats how the money is made. Not go for one track day and have bad memories of it and never to go back again.

Got to give them Americans credit for long term thinking.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o104/angelo_neo/IMG_1208-1.jpg

FAA licenced motorcycle mechanic :angel:

Add me: http://www.facebook.com/raptormotorsports

Roj,

Close sources actually said, the tarmac has not been layed out yet. Is this true?

Judging from track layout, do you see safety issues regards to run-off areas?

Appreciated the constant effort from the team.

------------------------------

http://i518.photobucket.com/albums/u350/ahmadelmy/36elmy.jpg

Yes, exactly. I was wondering if they will be enforcing some basic tech rules or will it be another Wild Wild West like PG, where anything goes.

I really wonder if they will enforce tech requirements like the go karts track I go to here in the USA.

All glass headlights must be taped or removed.

Mirrors must be removed.

This is to prevent glass hazards on the track in the event of a crash.

Footpeg and axle sliders must be installed.

This is to prevent the track surface from being damaged or scuffed up in the event of a crash.

Catch cans must be installed.

This is to prevent the inadvertent spllage of fuel onto the track from the carb overflow tubes in the event of a crash.

Though they may sound like a pain in the butt requirements... you got to admit they know what they are doing.

Track days are supposed to be fun and safe... both for new and experienced riders. The organisers want the participants to come back again and again... and thats how the money is made. Not go for one track day and have bad memories of it and never to go back again.

Got to give them Americans credit for long term thinking.

Yes, exactly. I was wondering if they will be enforcing some basic tech rules or will it be another Wild Wild West like PG, where anything goes.

What they really should have is... the segregation of the first time on the track beginners from the more experienced.

The segregation will be beneficial to both the new and experienced riders. The organisers should really make an effort to do this.. especially providing the first timers a briefing on the do's and don'ts of track riding and some basic introduction to track riding techniques and etiquette. Furthermore, there are alot of other riders who would like to try riding on a track but are intimidated by the idea of being a hazard to others on the track.... these people are actually an untapped market.

Those who have ridden PG Trackdays will know exactly what my concerns are about.

Good idea Raptor. I'd like to add some suggestions.

1) Safety briefing for EVERYONE, experienced and beginners alike. After that extra briefing for beginners. Also post up rules and regulations prominently around the pit areas.

2) Gather some of the experienced riders who are willing (i'm sure some won't be) to volunteer their time to lead beginners on a few guided laps/observe their riding for a few laps and give them advice to make their track time more enjoyable/less intimidating.

I'm still wondering about tech requirements.

Good idea Raptor. I'd like to add some suggestions.

1) Safety briefing for EVERYONE, experienced and beginners alike. After that extra briefing for beginners. Also post up rules and regulations prominently around the pit areas.

2) Gather some of the experienced riders who are willing (i'm sure some won't be) to volunteer their time to lead beginners on a few guided laps/observe their riding for a few laps and give them advice to make their track time more enjoyable/less intimidating.

I'm still wondering about tech requirements.

What they really should have is... the segregation of the first time on the track beginners from the more experienced.

The segregation will be beneficial to both the new and experienced riders. The organisers should really make an effort to do this.. especially providing the first timers a briefing on the do's and don'ts of track riding and some basic introduction to track riding techniques and etiquette. Furthermore, there are alot of other riders who would like to try riding on a track but are intimidated by the idea of being a hazard to others on the track.... these people are actually an untapped market.

Those who have ridden PG Trackdays will know exactly what my concerns are about.

i definitely agree.. i think they should seperate this 2.. as i m one of the new ones.. i feel afraid to participate as i dun wanna be on the way of experienced track riders. it will b a hazard to them and us.. pls consider something..

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/image.php?u=26257&dateline=1184950955&type=profile

try to catch me riding dirty.. hehe chilllss..:angel:

Yes please tell me that there is a category for 250 2stroke/400 4 stroke road bikes :) I want to bring my CBR400 out this weekend for a ride around. If larger capacity motards can get around the track then 400 size 2a class bikes should be fine.

Failing that I might HAVE to go buy a motard I guess...

If everyone, experienced and novice alike, are going to share the track together, then perhaps they should follow the angmoh style of having novices wear those yellow reflective safety vests, so that people can give them extra space.

They would probably be better off grouping people like they do at track days in Aus. How they run there is:

You pay for either full day or half day. You nominate a group to ride in either slow/medium/fast you get a wrist band or bike sticker to match your group.

Then the groups alternate through out the day in 15-20 minute sessions. So slow goes out for 15-20 min, then comes in and medium goes out, then comes in and fast goes out then round again.

This keeps things much more comfortable for everyone and makes the newbies and casual riders more comfortable in the slow group, those who are a bit faster/more experienced in medium and those guys that are really serious in the fast group. Means newer riders don't have racers flying up the inside of the into corners and freaking them out and the the fast riders don't have to worry about inexperienced riders not holding their lines and being unpredictable in corners etc.

Also makes everyone have a rest between sessions so you don't stay out too long at a time and get tired and sloppy and make silly mistakes.

They would probably be better off grouping people like they do at track days in Aus. How they run there is:

You pay for either full day or half day. You nominate a group to ride in either slow/medium/fast you get a wrist band or bike sticker to match your group.

Then the groups alternate through out the day in 15-20 minute sessions. So slow goes out for 15-20 min, then comes in and medium goes out, then comes in and fast goes out then round again.

This keeps things much more comfortable for everyone and makes the newbies and casual riders more comfortable in the slow group, those who are a bit faster/more experienced in medium and those guys that are really serious in the fast group. Means newer riders don't have racers flying up the inside of the into corners and freaking them out and the the fast riders don't have to worry about inexperienced riders not holding their lines and being unpredictable in corners etc.

Also makes everyone have a rest between sessions so you don't stay out too long at a time and get tired and sloppy and make silly mistakes.

That is exactly how they do it here in the USA too.

So much safer for everyone.

Just wondering if we will get to see this kind of action on the go kart track too....

[img]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb277/kawasaki1111/moto.jpg[/img]