SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SkipperNet Cafe 2008

Guest BearBug

Brand new magnetic coil is $80+++

Workmanship is ard $50....

Got 2nd hand 1.... Go Look ard lor...

wat is the symptom of ur panel??? ur battery light is on ?? It may be the rectifier problem oso...

I got 1 more rectifier if u need..

cheers

Daniel Chew

Hp: 98300900

Call me if u need any help for the following services.

Air conditioning services

Renovation services

Handy man services

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Brand new magnetic coil is $80+++

Workmanship is ard $50....

Got 2nd hand 1.... Go Look ard lor...

wat is the symptom of ur panel??? ur battery light is on ?? It may be the rectifier problem oso...

I got 1 more rectifier if u need..

cheers

thks for ur respond, its totally flat, oil meter cannot come up, erp unit no respond AT ALL .. & szwd has tested the electric flow for mi, he concluded tt the coil is spoil lor..

seriously 2nd hand 1 i oso dono how much.. cos reali broke nowadays..

& reali don wish to spend anymore to repair or svc the bike.. hav not been riding v long ever since, cos no $ repair. most prob getting rid of the bike liao.. cos reali no choice.

y mus spoil the 'expensive parts' ?!!?!?! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

nothing is expensive in scrapyard but i dunno which is the magnetic coil cos i haven open the engine itself and see

i know wat issit but i dunno where issit! sorry ah unless u go scrapyard with ur van and bring the whole bike to the bike shop and repair for u

i think that will be cheaper but some time consuming which i think u mind alot so dun disturb u so much

i need to noe the pricing 1st leh.. later bring down liao too i no ability to repair it oso no use de.. somemore v troublesome & tiring to carry the bike here & there. if the workshop is near i stil can ride over, cos day time don on headlight stil can see, at night too dark, cannot ride without headlight.. haiz.. best is reali got someone noe ware got cheapest 2nd hand or who wana scrap bike 1 .. anyway if worksman ship oredy $50 like wad chronic say, tt oredy kill mi flat liao.. so sad. most of the important parts hav oredy been changed to new 1 de liao.. now suddenly go spoil 1 more 'impt' part. so turn off :weep:

sian man...my skipper also got problem. Really need some advice!

Stopped at a traffic light today and the skipper stalled. I didn't think much about it and simply restarted the engine. Abt 10mins later the engine died. Had to restart the bike while it was still moving. 5 mins later, same problem. Decided to push the bike into a private estate to see what's wrong. Started the bike again, ran for abt 1 min, then died. Did that several times, and the problem seemed to get worse each time.

WHen the problem first appeared, you could hear the engine turning (the sound you hear when you start the bike) when you pressed the start button. Right now, all I hear is a "click". Checked the battery...seems to be OK. Lights, horn etc are all working. Kick-starter is spoilt, so couldn't try that.

Anyone know what's wrong?

And can someone recommend a bike shop in the West.

sian man...my skipper also got problem. Really need some advice!

Stopped at a traffic light today and the skipper stalled. I didn't think much about it and simply restarted the engine. Abt 10mins later the engine died. Had to restart the bike while it was still moving. 5 mins later, same problem. Decided to push the bike into a private estate to see what's wrong. Started the bike again, ran for abt 1 min, then died. Did that several times, and the problem seemed to get worse each time.

WHen the problem first appeared, you could hear the engine turning (the sound you hear when you start the bike) when you pressed the start button. Right now, all I hear is a "click". Checked the battery...seems to be OK. Lights, horn etc are all working. Kick-starter is spoilt, so couldn't try that.

Anyone know what's wrong?

And can someone recommend a bike shop in the West.[/quote

It could be your fuel line is giving you problem.....There might be a leak or your air intake is way too high..

Anger is like a cloud,the more angry you are the more it clouds your vision

It could be your fuel line is giving you problem.....There might be a leak or your air intake is way too high..

hmm but surely if that's the case, the starter would still "turn"? you'd be able to hear that cranking noise (the one u hear when u start the bike) when u press the start button? Right now, all i'm getting is a click....as if the starter wants to turn, but can't..like no power or something.

should i tow the bike to a shop?

I had almost the same problem while I was riding my Hexagon,found out that the problem was my fuel line and the air filter,maybe you have a different problem than mine.It's best to get the mech to checked it for you.I hope that your problem is the same as mine,cos,it's cheaper to fixed... or maybe you could open up and see if your fuel line is still ok and checked your air filter,sometimes after changing the filter does help..if it's your coil that is giving you problem then it'll cost you quite a lot to have it replace.

Anger is like a cloud,the more angry you are the more it clouds your vision

I had almost the same problem while I was riding my Hexagon,found out that the problem was my fuel line and the air filter,maybe you have a different problem than mine.It's best to get the mech to checked it for you.I hope that your problem is the same as mine,cos,it's cheaper to fixed... or maybe you could open up and see if your fuel line is still ok and checked your air filter,sometimes after changing the filter does help..if it's your coil that is giving you problem then it'll cost you quite a lot to have it replace.

hmm thanks dude

i hope it isn't the coil!

talk abt luck...i've only had the bike for 1 week!!!

hmm but surely if that's the case, the starter would still "turn"? you'd be able to hear that cranking noise (the one u hear when u start the bike) when u press the start button? Right now, all i'm getting is a click....as if the starter wants to turn, but can't..like no power or something.

should i tow the bike to a shop?

i had the same prob recently, start & stall, start & stall. den found out its spark plug die liao..after change new 1 can start liao..

but i oso got encounter when press the button, oni 1 click sound, tt time is becos my regulator spoil. haiz, but now i tink its my coil liao..

i had the same prob recently, start & stall, start & stall. den found out its spark plug die liao..after change new 1 can start liao..

but i oso got encounter when press the button, oni 1 click sound, tt time is becos my regulator spoil. haiz, but now i tink its y coil liao..

hmm thanks xue.

i canmt even get the cranking sound now, so probably not my spark plug.

how much does it cost to replace the regulator?

hmm thanks xue.

i canmt even get the cranking sound now, so probably not my spark plug.

how much does it cost to replace the regulator?

no prob ;D ..eh tt time is szwd colleague got lobang & get for mi, dono from ware 1.. den cost $68 loh... outside i dono sell how much leh.. :smile:

chgecked the battery today. found that it was only 60% full of batt water! seems like the previous owner didn't maintain his bike well. had to add abt 200ml of batt water.

tried starting the bike after the top up. could hear more than a click....like a buzz...but still no go. lights are now quite dim. Horn still works OK though...as loud as it was before.

anyway, what should i do now? should i send the batt to a shop to charge it? or get one of those new maintenance free batteries? what voltage and amperage does the skipper batt use anyway?

hav u bring ur bike go for few rounds after u topped up the batt water?.. if yes, ur bike shd hav charge ur batt liao, if run few round liao stil nv charge the batt, maybe same prob as mi ??. cos my coil is not charging the batt..

hav u bring ur bike go for few rounds after u topped up the batt water?.. if yes, ur bike shd hav charge ur batt liao, if run few round liao stil nv charge the batt, maybe same prob as mi ??. cos my coil is not charging the batt..

A.M.K got one shop might can solve your problem, they have a few skipper there too. Call me for more info :cheer:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

There is no use in friendship with an ungrateful person.

Anger comes as a result of intolerance.

One who can maintain peace of mind is happy.

Happy is he who killed his own anger.

Guest daprei81

A.M.K got one shop might can solve your problem, they have a few skipper there too. Call me for more info :cheer:

my fren want to buy a skipper too... can help?? :sweat:

my fren want to buy a skipper too... can help?? :sweat:

Just saw one yesterday, $600. not bad :smile: Yeoman saw that too :smile:

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

haha bike can't even start in the first place man!

anyway i changed the batt, same ol' problem. gonna tow my bike to Lee Huat @ Bt Timah Rd since it's the nearest to my place! heard they dont chop ppl, even newbies, and they do mostly scooters.

hope it doesn't cost a lot!

i call my fren to call u? :confused:

NO

problem

:D :D

Kenny Seaw

9623 8875

hai ask ppl go own self no time go scrapyard

told u not to buy liao sure alot of problem slowly slowly come out one by one unless u buy and throw i nothing to say

better go for full servicing

bo bian dun listen to skipper rider wat to do

cheap bike doesn'nt really come gd

u should know who i am saying

i may not be that expertise in my skipper but my bro was a ex skipper rider once the skipper is out he ride bike, my father ride bike for so many yrs wat they tell me is almost 100% right one. hai too bad that time to happy for my license go buy some bike that cause me problem and trouble...now i know how to buy and look bike liao...slowly slowly and listen to comment...

JsN®

Why Bother About Speed? Unless You Are A Pilot Which Need Speed To Fly~ If not? Get on with your life... I'm just a Ground Pilot in RSAF...Haha I mean it!

JsN Power Tuning ~Andorsed By NOS Power System~

A single tree can't make a forest, work together as a forest

hai ask ppl go own self no time go scrapyard

told u not to buy liao sure alot of problem slowly slowly come out one by one unless u buy and throw i nothing to say

better go for full servicing

bo bian dun listen to skipper rider wat to do

cheap bike doesn'nt really come gd

u should know who i am saying

i may not be that expertise in my skipper but my bro was a ex skipper rider once the skipper is out he ride bike, my father ride bike for so many yrs wat they tell me is almost 100% right one. hai too bad that time to happy for my license go buy some bike that cause me problem and trouble...now i know how to buy and look bike liao...slowly slowly and listen to comment...

?? mi ? :confused:

?? mi ? :confused:

not u la but the 1st sentence is for u

JsN®

Why Bother About Speed? Unless You Are A Pilot Which Need Speed To Fly~ If not? Get on with your life... I'm just a Ground Pilot in RSAF...Haha I mean it!

JsN Power Tuning ~Andorsed By NOS Power System~

A single tree can't make a forest, work together as a forest