SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Getting a new Class 2B bike

Era

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by yan_d1no@May 25 2006, 04:43 PM

wow!! Kawa KRR... one of my fav.. green? blue? or silver? abt paintwork, i think that can come in slightly later right...impt think is dat u've got ur ride oweady.... :D

I think originally it was green and the rear was black or somethin..It was painted (low worksmanship) black..Rides great tho' my engine stalled twice..Ahaha..Not sure where the biting point was but I'm sure in time I'll get it..

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

Originally posted by compfused@May 25 2006, 08:52 PM

I think originally it was green and the rear was black or somethin..It was painted (low worksmanship) black..Rides great tho' my engine stalled twice..Ahaha..Not sure where the biting point was but I'm sure in time I'll get it..

you will get use to it. it happens to me too when i 1st time ride on my TZR. engine stall few time. ha ha... those were the days....

1995/1996 - TZR 125 (FJ 8709M)

1996/2003 - Rebel 125 (FN 4795T)

2003/2004 - Super 4 Vtec 1 (FT 6105R)

2004/2004 - 125Z (FX 9008Y)

2004/2005 - RXZ (FN 7178E)

2005/2007 - Majesty 250 (FQ 5381G)

2007/2008 - X9 Evo 200 (FZ 2272K)

2008/2009 - Ver S (FP 762 D)

2010.......... Silverwing 400 (FB* 3**8 *)

• 2 weeks later...

yeah.. never ever ride behind taxi. they can stop at anytime n anywhere they like.

and also never ever ride behind karung guni lorry. they just chuck their junks anyhow and the junks just fall off from the lorry while on the move. so riders, beware.

Hallo pplez!

Itz me Haz! hMmmz i got post here b4 once...but 2weeks back I guess. Been bz working. But I always read ur msgs....!

to cornfused>>> Congrats for ur new Kawa KR!

to yan>>> wait for me! Am getting a bike too! still surveying...hee

Guyz, wana ask u, SP now got no more production issit? So now all 2nd hand bikes? Still wanting to get one. But not sure. Maybe X1 is better. Any comments my dearest seniors?

hey there hazry...

wen r u getting your bike..? i hv not seen any new SP on the road...

prolly spec3FBA or BB(BrokenBones) can advise on the comparison of SP and X1.. :D

keep us posted on your bike-hunting...

yan d1no

maximise pleasure and minimise pain

hey compfused....

great idea..!!! i like... :thumb: but... but... :( i havent got my bike yet lah... *blush* hehehe. dunno about Era...

Era,... Era... wer r u?? hehehehe.....

niwae, its a good suggestion. im ok with that. should prolly set a date wen most of us are free... :D

Haz, keep us updated wen u getting your bike... k, bro..?

me... i REALLY hope to get mine end of this month, latest mid July.. (cant wait.. cant wait.. cant wait) :bounce:

yan d1no

Originally posted by rycel@Jun 10 2006, 03:44 AM

wow. a new kr owner. congrats! i wonder how's the feeling of owning a bike..

im doing my prac now.. man.. i also want a kr.. when will it be my turn... =(

Thanks..

What pract are you at now? Which centre? Before I got my licence I never ever thought of owning a bike..All I know was I just want to get my licence and thats all..I've heard of alot of them already survey here and there for bikes but still doing their pract (not even TP yet)..

My advice..Worry about getting a bike later..Now just concentrate in completing the courses and your TP..After that you can start worrying about what bike to get and stuff..

:goodluck:

And yan do let us know when u get your bike too..

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

hey rycel... me too took my licence at SSDC.. r u done with ur theory lessons yet? do it online lor... own tym, own pace... den get a date to do RTT... i did mine wen i was still at prac 3.. hehehe so kiasu.. excited lah.... have to agree with compfused... worry bout the licence first and the bike later... and before u noe it.... u r a qualified rider... hehe

yan d1no

Hi Guyz!!!!!!! (and gals!)

Thanx for replying ma queries! well..... still surveying for one now. Guess i settle with X1. Wana save on fuel. HmMmz any GOOD shops to recommend? east side?

Hey Yan! wat bike ur getting? I heard its YBR?

Cornfused, howz ur bike doing? I lyk da blue kolor KR. Berri nice!

But too bad currently have to only look at other peoplez bikes. hee!

Got one time, me was driving dad'z car, den kept lookin at one chio riding KR, till forgot its oreadi green lite. Da taxi driver bhind horn at me! (Well, taxi drivers....who else....) =P

Originally posted by yan_d1no@Jun 11 2006, 12:27 PM

hey rycel... me too took my licence at SSDC.. r u done with ur theory lessons yet? do it online lor... own tym, own pace... den get a date to do RTT... i did mine wen i was still at prac 3.. hehehe so kiasu.. excited lah.... have to agree with compfused... worry bout the licence first and the bike later... and before u noe it.... u r a qualified rider... hehe

hey yan, thanks.. i done with online theory lessons. i going to take my RTT tml.. damn stupid lah, i screwed my TTT several times. tml must pass RTT man!! left 3 pracs, should be quite fast lah. then can ride to sch ^-^

i simply love the wheezing sound of my V4

Hazry my bike doing ok..Of course got some minor probs la..Where got bike problem free one?

Rycel just perservere..Don't give up halfway like me..Ahaha..I was stagnant for like 2-3 mths..Not because of RTT but coz pract 5 at CDC super damn hard..Must get beow 10 points..Other centre I dunno but I'm sure can get more than 10..

Then everything smooth must take RTT again coz by the time TP my PDL expire..So must retake RTT..Wait another 1++ month for available RTT..Finally all pass..So its all good..It doesn't matter how long it takes to reach..But once you reach there its all good..

sian.. i screwed my TP todae =( have to wait for another month T_T

i wanna get a honda sp.. how much is it ar? 2nd hand and 2nd party insurance... ft plate.. pls advice thx..

April'12~Current - Kymco DownTown 125i

June'09 ~ April'12. - Kymco Grand Dink 150.

1st June'04 till now 30th June'09. - Honda TA150

June'11~April'12. - Toyota Hiace '04

Good ol' days with my Phantom~

:cheeky: "Baby"

Originally posted by hazry45@Jun 11 2006, 09:44 PM

Hey Yan! wat bike ur getting? I heard its YBR?

yeah.. YBR.. considering to remove head fairing n change to round headlight.. prolly get it to be of single colour... but all dat "mods" cant be done later.. no hurry.. i just wanna get the bike 1st...

eh niwae, u have a CL3 oweady? was it expensive? i plan to take up CL3 soon oso.. end of the year prolly.... but definitely after i get my bike... :D which one betta, to go centre or to take private?

oops...sorry... :offtopic: hehehe

yan d1no

YAn! Yan! hee

hMmmzz well, for Class3, if take private, have to wait 6months for TP test. If take school, takes 2months. But skool, have to pass 2nd module then can book TP. So if u spent 4 months on 2nd module, so its da same as taking private. hee

But if u take skool at Ubi, my advise to you is to save $$$$ ferst, so once u start, u book 15-20 practicals strait. If not, u waste alot of time waiting. (veri hard to book practicals. Harder than bike practicals. ahax!)

Ok ok back to topic ---> conrfused! yup true wat u say, no bike got no problem. all have one. Maybe one day, wen we all have our bikes, den can mit up and service our bikes together-gether! howz dat? hee

juz an idea! =)

Dat time u bought urs, u went with who? I dunnue who to bring along.

Originally posted by hazry45@Jun 13 2006, 12:16 PM

YAn! Yan! hee

Maybe one day, wen we all have our bikes, den can mit up and service our bikes together-gether! howz dat? hee

juz an idea! =)

Dat time u bought urs, u went with who? I dunnue who to bring along.

Good idea..Took the words out of my mouth (keyboard) Ahaha..Just bring along a friend that knows more than you about bikes..Let him test ride for you..If oulook not nice but engine is still good I'd say go for it coz outlook can easily change..But if engine like want to die how to change? Overhaul engine? Cost alot more $ and then must running in..Later very troublesome IMO..

AlAmaCkz!!!!

y Suddenly so quiet???? yoOOhoOOooo! ANioBody there?

hMMmmmmm aniwae, cornfused.. Me still wondering which bike to buy. Wif X1 its much less risk less problems but less power & speed. wif Honda SP, more power & balance, but more problems and more fuel. But both around same price.

Aniwae, if i wanna change X1 tyre to sports rim, how much does it cost yea? My frend said one sports rim tyre around $180.

Originally posted by hazry45@Jun 19 2006, 12:07 PM

AlAmaCkz!!!!

y Suddenly so quiet???? yoOOhoOOooo! ANioBody there?

hMMmmmmm aniwae, cornfused.. Me still wondering which bike to buy. Wif X1 its much less risk less problems but less power & speed. wif Honda SP, more power & balance, but more problems and more fuel. But both around same price.

Aniwae, if i wanna change X1 tyre to sports rim, how much does it cost yea? My frend said one sports rim tyre around $180.

Not quiet la..Just been really bz with everyday life..

You either choose FC or speed..There's no both..

Not necessarily SP or 2nd hand bikes got many problems..If you take good care of it I'm sure none of the major problems will ever arise..

X1 good bike too..But as for new bikes must running in..Something I don't like..Anyway for me..IMO its not really a wise choice to get a first hand bike for 2B coz might upgrade to bigger bike if get 2A or 2..And its gonna be difficult to sell of the bike..So I'll just stick to a 2nd hand bike..I'm sure X1 cost much more than a 2nd hand SP..So I can't really help you choose..You'll be riding it so its up to you..

As for price of sport rim..I'm not sure what type X1 uses..And I'm sure if you go to different shops price may vary but not by very much..Unless of coz another shop is trying to chop you..Then different story la..

Originally posted by yan_d1no@Jun 12 2006, 11:24 PM

yeah.. YBR.. considering to remove head fairing n change to round headlight.. prolly get it to be of single colour... but all dat "mods" cant be done later.. no hurry.. i just wanna get the bike 1st...

Sis,

If u wanna remove the head fairing and change to round headlight, then might as well get the Honda CG125 or Suzuki EN125-2A lah. That'll save u all the hassle and more importantly, the money.

http://www.motoworld.com.sg/products/1423/small.jpg?rand=31854229 http://unleashthebeast.wikispaces.com/file/view/Monster_Energy.gif/259657964/Monster_Energy.gif

i was considering these 3 bikes initially... but couldnt find a good deal. nevermind lah.. like i said... the "mods" can come in much later... no hurry.. hey, thx for the suggestions tho... really appreciate it!! :D

:smile:

hey, haz >>> how is it? wat bike are u getting....?

compfused >>> hws ur baby kawa doing?

hows thgs for the rest??.... :?

wonder wat happen to the rest... spec3FBA...? Era...? BrokenBones...? (sonyap je..)

yan d1no

Originally posted by yan_d1no@Jun 21 2006, 04:06 PM

compfused >>> hws ur baby kawa doing?

Its doing fine..Just changed the speedometer cable..Seems it went KABOOM during my journey to work this morning..

Anyway kinda pissed coz kena summon..WTF is up with these United Premas workers? Never put coupon summon..Put coupon also summon?! Was shocked to see a long white piece of paper on my tank..The coupon I had placed earlier is missing..Tho its a megre sum ($8)..Its just not right..My friends say I can appeal or somethin? Anyone knows how to? I'd really appreciate that..

Thanks..

Originally posted by yan_d1no@Jun 21 2006, 04:06 PM

hows thgs for the rest??.... :?

wonder wat happen to the rest... spec3FBA...? Era...? BrokenBones...? (sonyap je..)

i'm here.. i'm here.. i'm here.. he he

compfused>> it happens all the time. no coupon, they summon. simple as that.

write your vehicle number at the coupon so other motorist wont steal and use it. there is 1 time i park my bike outside parking lot as all the lots was full. put coupon somemore also kena summon $25. and of course i appeal. i went down to town council and ask for letter of appeal but that was long time ago. maybe now u can do it online. try to log on to town council website. or just give a call to Premas. i'm sure there are phone numbers at the summon ticket.

Originally posted by BrokenBones@Jun 23 2006, 12:40 AM

i'm here.. i'm here.. i'm here.. he he

compfused>> it happens all the time. no coupon, they summon. simple as that.

write your vehicle number at the coupon so other motorist wont steal and use it. there is 1 time i park my bike outside parking lot as all the lots was full. put coupon somemore also kena summon $25. and of course i appeal. i went down to town council and ask for letter of appeal but that was long time ago. maybe now u can do it online. try to log on to town council website. or just give a call to Premas. i'm sure there are phone numbers at the summon ticket.

I just made an appeal at the HDB website..The guy was nice enough to call me up and explain to me that it should be directed to URA so he emailed my appeal to the URA for me..As for the coupon getting stolen..I did write my vehicle number on it..And guess what this is ONLY the 2nd time I ever used a parking coupon in my entire life (I normally use the cashcard carparks)..The first time I did not even write my vehicle no. on but it didn't get stolen or whatsoever..

Niwaes how successful o you think the appeal will be? On scale of 10..Was yours successful?

Thanks..

P.S. Btw anyone knows where I can get cheap (value for money) Fully synthetic 2t e.g. Esso Gold?