SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] The Clinic

mepkoh

The cat pillow drawing has rotated another 10 degrees by itself!

Kalyan.. I think u should patent the cat pillow drawing. It can be used as a vibration indicator for bikes. So for the next DIY session at the Clinic, we will improvise on the "Cat Pillow-Bike's Vibration Indicator".:cheeky:

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the steps in pushing start a bike? I'm hearing different versions. :sian:

Now rain damn big...wanted to go change my battery but the rain spoil my plans. :(

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/lawlietvashie/Vashie4.jpg

Class 2B - 29th March 2010 [30th April 2010 - Phantom]

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

You can run with the bike and dump the clutch at running speed on 3rd gear, or you can get someone to push you.

Be sure the push is not too big or bike faints on you. Bad. For self-push-run start, it's easier if you detach the left side box or you're trying to run like ah pek on walking stick.

Third and easiest way is to roll down a slope.

Fourth and best reserved for trusted friends is hook up a tow rope to a car... don't try that for real!

Hmm...I have slope at mscp :o

What I want to know more is...the steps for push start.

Open choke, clutch in select gear 2, hold the clutch, go down slope, release clutch gradually...engine will start? Then clutch in and open throttle to maintain?

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

Just on the ignition, kick to gear 3 or 4 (3 for normal road, 4 when slippery), clutch in push as fast as you can and release the clutch when you hit 20kph or so (estimate by eye!)

Should not have to use throttle as the engine will turn over itself. Open it and it may choke the engine with an over-rich mixture, preventing it from starting until you unload the flooded engine through the exhaust (with more pushing!)

That's...hard. :cheeky:

I so small size...bike more than triple my weight...don't know can run so fast or not...:faint:

But I think my battery seems to be dying. I think I drop by planet see how.

Everything now rest on the sole starting of engine to decide if I can go anywhere later.

Rain is clearing up...if bike can start, will drop by clinic later. :D

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

What's wrong with your battery? Just weak battery or is it dying soon too?

Go planet together? :cheeky:

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

I'm going soon...Think I wearing shorts and sandals.

Still drizzling...and all my gears are wet. :(

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

Lol zoo. We had a zoo at Dr Koh's place. There were many fine specimens including Super 4s, Steeds X1s and oh, Phantoms :D

Clinic report 3/7/10

Dr Koh was really busy with en masse oiler consultation and installation. Unable to do vashie's hazard lights.

Reports of my fiery demise were greatly exaggerated. From the fires of... burning $1 "fireproof" insulation comes the all new Miracle Wrap, tested and proven to reduce engine temperatures by... a lot, and shifted my powerband such that maximum torque is available immediately after changing gear.

And it sure as hell looks cool with a custom fabricated fishnet style self-tensioning wire brace with separate insulation package secured with a quick-release catch... all from the awesome flexibility of Victorian-era basket making techniques.

1960s NASA derived technology now at your fingertips for just $????

Disclaimer. NOT available for anything with more than one cylinder and above class 2B.

Pic below shows me touching the engine cover bare handed after a 50km Tuas - Neo Tiew - Kranji time attack. Temperature was about 45 deg C. And yes like any hardcore DIY mechanic I took a nap under the bike :p

03072010(033).jpg

03072010(022).jpg

03072010(026).jpg

03072010(030).jpg

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

Been inspecting my NASA heat shield; the fishnet is holding up perfectly and nothing's flying off.

Infact the layer of carbon from the roasting insulation and the heat of it all bound everything together in one lovely shiny tube :D

Of course, I could modify it so it dispenses chaff and flares to distract enemy missiles by removing the fishnet stockings.

The EGT also makes my bike look like a steam engine in the rain, as everything boils when it hits the heatshield! But everything else is cool.

On the 50km back there were various people trying to point out my steaming header but I promptly and easily left them behind at the traffic lights. (That's after I jettisoned the redundant insulation at a convenient trailer park)

Next up - carb insulation, using the same tested NASA ideas, of course.

ps. The thing is producing maximum torque from 0 all the way to 90kph. Pretty much behaves like a proper cruiser engine optimised for low - mid range now. And 100% of that torque is available instantly.

Will not be trying this plus water injection because the heatshield has allowed the modified intake to enter forced-induction mode every time I go above 30% throttle. Water injection would likely blow the engine.

Well that's why German fighter aircraft in 1943-45 had both superchargers and MW50 water-methanol injection for use at high altitudes :D

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

The ultimate would be to get some of that roofing insulator but the foam will probably catch fire or something. Still, makes a great afterburner effect. Or steam engine lol :)

I might deliberately put 'water injection' on the heatshield to generate special effects :p

Oh, I'm about to start production of the Shokobutsu Vacuum Operated Chain Oiler :D

Hey bros im enquiring as to how i cld get my hands on chrome air filters purely for cosmetic means for my bike... any inputs bros?

Wow... something new! So do you still cover this filter if it's being use? Chim leh!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

Hey, anyone wants to do boot chains like the Knights Boots we saw at Mustafa? :D

I am thinking of getting metal chains and rings to DIY a customised set based one our own boot sizes. :)

Shouldn't cost much for a simple design, unless we want to customise them with tags and emboss letterings onto them. :clap:

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

I liked the weight of the chains. Allowed me to ram through the gears easier lol. Good exercise for your calf muscles too. Pity one of the chain links just disintegrated one day making it unsafe to ride with.

Let me know the capital investment required nya?

While we're at it pass me some extra chains for relevant S&M art decor on the bike :D

Oh... Definately will want extra chains for S&M. :D

See my avatar photo? :lol:

I figured the Boot Chain Kaylan picked up from the floor at Mustafa was weak because the other end of the chain was not hard fixed, but clipped on to make to adjustable to the different boot sizes. If we do up one that is customised to our own boot size using big big keychain rings and real chains purchased from hardware stores instead of clips to fix it in place instead of dangling it should not disintegrate like the one Kaylan had.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Hey, anyone wants to do boot chains like the Knights Boots we saw at Mustafa? :D

I am thinking of getting metal chains and rings to DIY a customised set based one our own boot sizes. :)

Shouldn't cost much for a simple design, unless we want to customise them with tags and emboss letterings onto them. :clap:

Think I have to get a nice pair of black boots before I can get the chain. Found some pix, check them out!

Eagle Chain 2.jpg

Eagle Chain 4.jpg

Eagle Chain 3.jpg

Eagle Chain.jpg

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers: