SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] The Clinic

mepkoh

Cold air intake mod report:

Ever since I shut the 'safety valve' the engine is absolutely roaring but the price of massive torque and fun is of course fuel economy and heat. It solves the stock engine's slow throttle response issues and running out of breath on the highway.

Hills don't result in loss of momentum. Quite the contrary, I overtake everyone else uphill.

The look of peoples' faces when they realise they can't cut in front of this Phantom :D

The question is, is this mod safe for others to do. Erm, not yet. If the bike doesn't explode in tonight's convoy run, it passes.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now at 4 turns rich and seems stable. Tested during emergency dispatch mission from TPY -> Tampines. Cruised there in light traffic (high speed OK) and returned overtaking left right and centre (acceleration load OK).

Not especially hot now that I tuned it rich but I guess the manifold pressure is above average. Still, this engine survived a couple weeks of running with too much EO from original dealership, and it was running super-lean then (hence 45km/l FC).

Running in current config eliminates the "diesel taxi" sound I've had in the past during cold starts.

As I continue to run with the new settings the idle can be tuned progressively lower until she's almost silent when sitting still. Growls like a lioness and scares the road-hogging people out of the way.

I met a Phantom with side boxes struggling up a PIE flyover earlier. He was barely doing 80 uphill. I swooped past at 100. Uphill. Guess he went WTF! :D

Well...just now went to visit girlfriend's house. Her dad also riding phantom.

Turns out...her dad took some engineering course at ITE and studied engine before...so he help me tune the bike a bit. :cheeky:

Thanks Kalyan for the offer of helping me...not needed this time, can I take a rain check on the offer to help the next time I needed it? :)

Finally motoworld FF helmet new stock arrived! Tomorrow going to get one FF. :lol:

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/lawlietvashie/Vashie4.jpg

Class 2B - 29th March 2010 [30th April 2010 - Phantom]

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

Well...just now went to visit girlfriend's house. Her dad also riding phantom.

Turns out...her dad took some engineering course at ITE and studied engine before...so he help me tune the bike a bit. :cheeky:

Thanks Kalyan for the offer of helping me...not needed this time, can I take a rain check on the offer to help the next time I needed it? :)

Finally motoworld FF helmet new stock arrived! Tomorrow going to get one FF. :lol:

Yup, we were at Motoworld today and saw plentybof stock! Have fun!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

pureice's bike was the fastest today in pickup after retuning carburettor!

I won't mind having the cafe racer helmet from Motoworld next month. Looks cute :D

http://www.davidamotophoto.com/media/motofoto1/TriBsa-cafe-racer-g.jpg

Lots of great promos for HJC helmets but stuff in the accessories section tend to be overpriced.

Went to Motoworld around 12+ today...got myself a FF helmet! Finally~ :D

Had a tough time deciding what colour and design I want...lingered for quite some time at the showroom. :cheeky:

20062010109.jpg

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

Don't know why...my right hand wrist damn pain. I think throttling bike strained my wrist.:sian:

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

buy trottle rockers... i using that.. so fun

Saw the throttle rocker at Motoworld on Sat but cannot fit on our throttles as the rocker is too small. We thought that the price is abit steep too - $20.00 each!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

clinic diy throttle rocker is..erhm. made to measure..

size range from 10mm dia to 1000mm dia..so no problem fitting all sorts of bike..:angel:

Haha ezzyoiler, noted and also thinking of DIY-ing my own too! Now deciding wad material to use nia!

what are u all up to???? are u are trying to fix 007 oil sprayer and out fox tail gatters? jtxz redo his to a fast oiler..:cheeky:

fyi...mine has an option to dump oil....

haha... i just redo the pump and the air intake so that the flow rate be more constant...

u only change the bottle of coz good =.="

the flowing no good, not sure if the breather tube too long or my piping not in good position

i did not change just the bottle.. i make alot of little changes.... the problem now i face is the joints starts leaking oil slowly... 1 min 1 drop of oil..

Haha ezzyoiler, noted and also thinking of DIY-ing my own too! Now deciding wad material to use nia!

anything can be the rocker trottle.. use metal bendbend also can..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

haha... i just redo the pump and the air intake so that the flow rate be more constant...

i did not change just the bottle.. i make alot of little changes.... the problem now i face is the joints starts leaking oil slowly... 1 min 1 drop of oil..

anything can be the rocker trottle.. use metal bendbend also can..

I know lor, just wanted something that won't rust or wear off easily! Angle, thickness and sizes are also considered not to make the whole thing look out of place! Most likely will be Aluminium lor!

hahaha..

rocker design already tested in my head...can work ..

any size, variations of design..a lot..

yes rust is not an issue..

any colour u want..

made to measue..

time needed for installation 10 min tops.

more and more..maybe patent it in the sbf..:cheeky:

Wow, that is great! Think this product of yours will Huat!!! JYJY!!!!

hahaha..

rocker design already tested in my head...can work ..

any size, variations of design..a lot..

yes rust is not an issue..

any colour u want..

made to measue..

time needed for installation 10 min tops.

more and more..maybe patent it in the sbf..:cheeky:

There's a date problem with the next clinic, unless we'd like to demonstrate your skills at the pk mass gathering. Which is not a bad idea at all.

Oh and rocker - I'd like mine with plastic cable ties, red lace.. maybe a tiny little pillow at the end :D

yeah will be rich soon..

lets look at the numbers..

in order to be a million dollays richer will need to sell lets say 1.5 m units..

and the demand is 20 / month..this should take..

forever..

huat ahhhhhh:cheeky::cheers:

in another words i have a job that last forever..ha ha.

Dun be surprise that 1 day, we all have to work for you in order to catch up with the world's consumption!

There's a date problem with the next clinic, unless we'd like to demonstrate your skills at the pk mass gathering. Which is not a bad idea at all.

Oh and rocker - I'd like mine with plastic cable ties, red lace.. maybe a tiny little pillow at the end :D

And not forgetting the G-String across your windshield!