SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] The Clinic

mepkoh

Help! :weep:

Just now went koon to install my crash bar...don't know that crashbar is actually so small.

But that's not the point!

I went there, the first thing he do is tune my idling I think...no chance to stop him.

After installing on the ride back home, my bike got loads of backfire noises when I'm slowing down. Got those 'blob blob blob' noises coming out from my...exhaust pipe?

How now? :cry:

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp169/lawlietvashie/Vashie4.jpg

Class 2B - 29th March 2010 [30th April 2010 - Phantom]

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ring ring~

...don't have your number how to call? :cheeky:

Erm...Where do you live? north?

Anyway...just purely tuning the idling knob will cause the backfire?

Edited by Vashie

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

Convoy training...around what time?

Tomorrow see how is the weather, if nice weather I may be at northern part till quite late, if raining then I'll stay at west. Not in a hurry to use bike...so I'll contact you tomorrow and see how it goes. Thanks man...sorry to keep bothering you...I think you really should give me a good lesson on tuning carb and idling so don't need to always trouble you. :cheeky:

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

Help! :weep:

Just now went koon to install my crash bar...don't know that crashbar is actually so small.

But that's not the point!

I went there, the first thing he do is tune my idling I think...no chance to stop him.

After installing on the ride back home, my bike got loads of backfire noises when I'm slowing down. Got those 'blob blob blob' noises coming out from my...exhaust pipe?

How now? :cry:

Yo bro, which crashbar you got and price? I got the anchor one from him but it was the low type. Tot of getting the higher clearance one. He's stock in already?

Did you ask him to tune anything for you? My understanding is that idling dun cos backfire unless it's the carb. Seniors, correct me if I'm wrong.

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

I got the normal crashbar withe the hole to attach spotlight. The width of the crashbar seems kind of small to me. Sorry bro...I didn't ask to see what kind of crashbar he had cause the one he took out after hearing I say crash bar is the kind I wanted. :cheeky:

Price is $88...I think he charged me $3 for the securing of my top box. Wanted to drill 2 holes but he said one is enough...kind of feel unsafe of the one small bolt to secure the box. :sian:

I didn't ask him to tune anything...Ride in park outside his shop and the first thing he did is adjust my idling knob. He also did a quick scan through my phantom...said my steering cone like got problem.

17062010100.jpg

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

Anti-clockwise from top look down or bottom look up? :cheeky:

I think I lowered the idle thinking the backfiring is caused by too high idle. Haha...:faint:

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

I got the normal crashbar withe the hole to attach spotlight. The width of the crashbar seems kind of small to me. Sorry bro...I didn't ask to see what kind of crashbar he had cause the one he took out after hearing I say crash bar is the kind I wanted. :cheeky:

Price is $88...I think he charged me $3 for the securing of my top box. Wanted to drill 2 holes but he said one is enough...kind of feel unsafe of the one small bolt to secure the box. :sian:

I didn't ask him to tune anything...Ride in park outside his shop and the first thing he did is adjust my idling knob. He also did a quick scan through my phantom...said my steering cone like got problem.

K, think they call this the C type crashbar and I prefer the 'anchor' ones. As for tightening the top box, he shudn't have charged lah anyway, it's just a simple job! But that's him lah! Since he charged you, you shud have insisted on 2pcs. That's why I'm quite reluctant to visit him unless absolutely necessary! At Dr Chong, he can check my bike and wiring and change bulb, but no charges at all!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

I didn't knew he will charge...maybe drill 2 holes = $6? :lol:

Anyway...while there just now...a beetle find it's way into my exhaust pipe...hope it doesn't die in there and cause blockage. :o

He recommended me doing full service @ $25...at the same time can look at my cold start condition. Is it advisable to do full servicing there?

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

i got this frm lab as well $65 =x its not too small actually... coz i accidentally slow drop my bike a few times and it did it's job well protecting the whole bike :angel:

Convoy training? Who's leading bro?

bro check out the fno thread :angel:

btw i tink my new oiler fail lol... need wait nxt dzali or clinic den redo ba...

Edited by kmjoe

Why better not do full servicing because scared of backfiring?

He will make it out of tune after washing? or washing it makes the backfiring?

Class 3 - 4th June 2008

kmjoe: what happen to oiler???? my oiler working super good lahz.. now flow very constant too.

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Why better not do full servicing because scared of backfiring?

He will make it out of tune after washing? or washing it makes the backfiring?

last time when i was noob, i did go and do full service at ah koon... i have no complains about it whatsoever... i was happy and satisfied... but as i gain experience, i hear that it is better not to disturb e carb, if it is not giving u any problem, better not to open e carb cause its a very sensitive device... :) so its all up to u bro... :)

What about full servicing at other places?

Will they touch the carb?

Bro, I strongly suggest you bring it down to Dr Chong and let him access your problem. Think alot of our PK bros will agree with me on this.

i got this frm lab as well $65 =x its not too small actually... coz i accidentally slow drop my bike a few times and it did it's job well protecting the whole bike :angel:

bro check out the fno thread :angel:

btw i tink my new oiler fail lol... need wait nxt dzali or clinic den redo ba...

Joe, how come fail leh? K, let's have a look maybe tonight?

kmjoe: what happen to oiler???? my oiler working super good lahz.. now flow very constant too.

u only change the bottle of coz good =.="

Joe, how come fail leh? K, let's have a look maybe tonight?

the flowing no good, not sure if the breather tube too long or my piping not in good position

what are u all up to???? are u are trying to fix 007 oil sprayer and out fox tail gatters? jtxz redo his to a fast oiler..:cheeky:

fyi...mine has an option to dump oil....

Dun worry Mr Koh, nothing of that sort! Just making sure that the oiler is working only. Kekeke...

u only change the bottle of coz good =.="

the flowing no good, not sure if the breather tube too long or my piping not in good position

Maybe the tubing's positioning lor.