SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] Yamaha FZ150I

I just bought a 2nd hand FZ150i, and the biggest thing that i'm concerned about is that it cannot hit 100km/h. Don't know if my meter is spoilt, but i full throttle for about 1km, yet the speedometer stuck at 90+.

Try to full throttle longer and further than 1km first.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is this bike's pickup losing to X1R/Spark?

Was wondering if my bike got something wrong. :(.. OR I got bigger and heavier :(...

No this bike is definitely faster than X1R/Spark if both are in stock condition. It actually depends on the rider's right hand and gear shifting ;)

May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2

Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200

Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3

Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

I just bought a 2nd hand FZ150i, and the biggest thing that i'm concerned about is that it cannot hit 100km/h. Don't know if my meter is spoilt, but i full throttle for about 1km, yet the speedometer stuck at 90+.

Its fuel injected bike, if it was carb that its easy to service. You need to get the FI checked. Check also if air filter is clogged. As it is a 2nd hand bike may the prev owner might have skipped some servicing. Do a full servicing and hope it will fix the issue.

May '10 - Jun '11 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG2

Jul '11 - Jan '12 : Honda Phantom TA200

Feb '12 - Jul '12 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi UG3

Aug '12 - Current : Bajaj Pulsar 200 DTSi

Hi guys I'm having problem with my bike. Below are my encounters:

1) When turning on the ignition key, at times it will take some time for the head light and sensors to start up (estimated ard 5-20 secs depending on luck) but at times it works fine almost instantenously.

2) My bike engine will suddenly die off when I'm braking to a staionery position (brake lights on) , when using signal lights in stationery position as well as using high beam in stationery position. I been to mech and they could not really fix it. Instead they determined that it was the head light that was causing it as when the headlight was plugged out, all the electronics, i.e. signal, brake lights could work perfectly without the bike dying off. So they suggested to put a switch so that i jus use the smaller headlight and dont use the bigger headlight when on a stationery position. But i feel this is not really fixing the problem.

The mech also determined that its not the battery fault as its a new battery.

Hope the experts here can help me out.

http://www.phmotorcycles.co.uk/bikes/images/suzuki/GSX-R600-K6.jpg

Hopefully, I'll see u in 2 years time (=

wanna try malaysian FZ150i ECU? (bike using carburetor called CDI)

any time u'r bike can reach to 120km/h. and cut off at 140km/h

So good meh? How to try?

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

1) When turning on the ignition key, at times it will take some time for the head light and sensors to start up (estimated ard 5-20 secs depending on luck) but at times it works fine almost instantenously.

2) My bike engine will suddenly die off when I'm braking to a staionery position (brake lights on) , when using signal lights in stationery position as well as using high beam in stationery position. I been to mech and they could not really fix it. Instead they determined that it was the head light that was causing it as when the headlight was plugged out, all the electronics, i.e. signal, brake lights could work perfectly without the bike dying off. So they suggested to put a switch so that i jus use the smaller headlight and dont use the bigger headlight when on a stationery position.

I don't know whether my symptoms are considered similar. There was this period of time, sometimes when I stop at traffice light in Neutral, with signal light and brakes, the engine and temperature indicators might light up. The rpm bounces between 1 and 0. Once, the engine even died on me. When I checked with the service centre, one of the staff suggested unplugging the main fuse and giving the contacts a good clean. It worked but have to be repeated every so often.

Since having my fuel pump replaced, the above symptoms (engine + temp indicators light up, engine dying after braking+N+signal) never appeared again. But nowadays, when I start up the bike (not yet the engine), the light is usually quite dim. I'm wondering if my relaxed riding style is causing the battery to be insufficiently charged, or is the alternator undersized, or is the bike's electrical load too much?

Anyone encounter similar electrical problems with their bike? Any experts can share? Is changing the alternator possible, and will it help?

Dna13. Nice bike. Will upload mine later wen iget home. I have d same exact bellypan but i need to spray it white. Got any lobang? Anw, ur bike using the malaysian ecu? How good isit and how much

- Yamaha FZ150I

-Yamaha FZ150I

I don't know whether my symptoms are considered similar. There was this period of time, sometimes when I stop at traffice light in Neutral, with signal light and brakes, the engine and temperature indicators might light up. The rpm bounces between 1 and 0. Once, the engine even died on me. When I checked with the service centre, one of the staff suggested unplugging the main fuse and giving the contacts a good clean. It worked but have to be repeated every so often.

Since having my fuel pump replaced, the above symptoms (engine + temp indicators light up, engine dying after braking+N+signal) never appeared again. But nowadays, when I start up the bike (not yet the engine), the light is usually quite dim. I'm wondering if my relaxed riding style is causing the battery to be insufficiently charged, or is the alternator undersized, or is the bike's electrical load too much?

Anyone encounter similar electrical problems with their bike? Any experts can share? Is changing the alternator possible, and will it help?

hi bro.. managed to fix mine by changing the battery. first shop changed to wrong size battery, and as such the bike could not properly charge the battery. so i went to another mech... trial and error for 4 hrs.. then he realised the battery changed was a "type 5" and stock was a "type 4". and he was spot on.

bike working perfectly now..

also make sure u dont change to higher volt headlamp

Dna13. Nice bike. Will upload mine later wen iget home. I have d same exact bellypan but i need to spray it white. Got any lobang? Anw, ur bike using the malaysian ecu? How good isit and how much

thanks dude. cant wait to see how u 'make up' u'r FZ.

yup,got few item for FZ, i can deal wit it..

spray u'r stuff also have, just spand below hundred.

where did i get the ecu?

coz i'm malaysian bro. my bike also buy from malaysia.

ccf0720201000000.jpg

1. Cover Engine

2. Rear Hugger

3. Fork Cover

got one extra malaysian FZ ecu, offer me u'r price..

21032012293[1].jpg

hi bro.. managed to fix mine by changing the battery. first shop changed to wrong size battery, and as such the bike could not properly charge the battery. so i went to another mech... trial and error for 4 hrs.. then he realised the battery changed was a "type 5" and stock was a "type 4". and he was spot on.

also make sure u dont change to higher volt headlamp

just go to Yamaha branch and said to him, wanna do F.I.D. (diagnosis)

u'll know whats u'r FZ problem.

stock was a "type 4". and he was spot on.

So you changed to a "type 4"? Is there a way to tell what type a battery is - is it written on the battery? My battery was changed once, I just assumed it's same size = same type.

http://img.tapatalk.com/cb74fbe8-0014-fcc9.jpg

- Yamaha FZ150I

-Yamaha FZ150I

hello and nice to meet u all. wana share something. ive met few FZ150i clubs in slangor b4. had a nice chat with them. seems that they did some engine modification to their FZ150. if u guys are interest, there might be shops in jb doing engine mods. fyi btw.

http://sphotos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/603859_3802371097427_2134347937_n.jpg

http://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/s720x720/534363_3998392523188_157059301_n.jpg

So you changed to a "type 4"? Is there a way to tell what type a battery is - is it written on the battery? My battery was changed once, I just assumed it's same size = same type.

i have no idea how to identify.. lol

Wer else but jb! The belly pan, rear hugger and 2 side plastics at jb costs abt rm135. Did it abt a month back.

Anw, this buke is most of the time ridden by my gf, so dun get aurprised if you see a gerl riding it hor.

- Yamaha FZ150I

-Yamaha FZ150I