SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How do convice my family member to let me own a motorbike

kitaro9202

need your parent permission?

need to convince your parent?

u r not old enough to ride, keep your licence in your wallet.

Lol. Theres absolutely a reason why theres a minimum age to enrol for a license. Cos they are old enough. Funny. My friend who is 25, still havent gotten the blessing. Is he not old enough

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol. Theres absolutely a reason why theres a minimum age to enrol for a license. Cos they are old enough. Funny. My friend who is 25, still havent gotten the blessing. Is he not old enough
Have yet to earn their trust? :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

need permissions from ur parents, still is a child, even if u r 18, 21, 25, 30, 40 or 50 yrs old.

dun u get it, he already had bike licence.

once u past age 18, u live ur own life.

If you are not married, your mother (sometimes father) will object you riding bike. When you have a girlfriend, if you are lucky, she let you pillion her, if you are s little bit less lucky, she refuses to key you pillion and demand take bus, worse she demands take taxi. If you are very unlucky, she threatens to break off with you if you still continue to ride bike! Ha ha ha!

So buy bike after marriage, ha ha ha!

But when you are married, your wife will object it.

Do how?

Jokes aside, ride safe and earn their trust.

Sent from my SM-A800F using Tapatalk

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

lol, trying to please every1 cos for your safety sake, dun ride.

just lead the life, all will telling this is not safe tat is not safe.

actually taking a flight is more dangerous than rding.

aeroplane = flying coffin, no way to escape.

Of course for safety reason most parents will not allow their children to ride.. Even next time, if my kids want to ride, I will object.

My wife is ok for me to learn and ride, my mum is not around but my dad insist no bike even if I pass and I am in my 30s

I just feel you only live once, no doubt riding is dangerous but I still think time to go means time to go regardless of you ride anot.

Of course for safety reason most parents will not allow their children to ride.. Even next time, if my kids want to ride, I will object.

My wife is ok for me to learn and ride, my mum is not around but my dad insist no bike even if I pass and I am in my 30s

I just feel you only live once, no doubt riding is dangerous but I still think time to go means time to go regardless of you ride anot.

Had a friend who wanted to take riding lessons and was thinkibg of getting a bike after passing. His mom objected to it. Reason being its not that he had not gained her trust but she does not trust drivers on the roads. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Had a friend who wanted to take riding lessons and was thinkibg of getting a bike after passing. His mom objected to it. Reason being its not that he had not gained her trust but she does not trust drivers on the roads. :cool:

im in the same situation with your friend.

i secretly took my license. my dad approved and tell me to ride safely, but my mum doesnt like the idea of me riding. :pity:

I have Mother Teresa's heart <3

Well, to each their own.

But if can, please do take the bike licence and the driving licence together.

Because you passed, its the same one year probation demerit points.

So with both licences, you are spared the additional year.

Passed 2A also back to probation for a year. Then pass Class 2 also back to probation for another year. :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

is that how it works?

class 2a also probation 1 year? class 2 also?

I believe with each class you pass you are back to probation. Hence why you need to wait a year before you can take another class of licence. Correct me if I am wrong. :cool:

KRGT-1

I don't remember having probation for 2A and 2 during my time. But maybe the rule had charged.

People ask me, "Why ride bike?" I ask them back :"Why drive car?"

is that how it works?

class 2a also probation 1 year? class 2 also?

meaning you are back to 12 points... don't need to put P plate :) Its like getting a new license altogether...

Basically its to make sure you don't do crazy stuff at the onset... cause your points are... lesser...

End of the day, how you chose to ride and what you decide to do on the road is the only thing that matters.

Have your safety bubble when you ride... and never ride when you're sick or just out of it... you are putting yourself out there for something to happen. You need to be alert at all times when riding...

I believe with each class you pass you are back to probation. Hence why you need to wait a year before you can take another class of licence. Correct me if I am wrong. :cool:

I dont dare to correct you because I also not very sure. haha

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

meaning you are back to 12 points... don't need to put P plate :) Its like getting a new license altogether...

Basically its to make sure you don't do crazy stuff at the onset... cause your points are... lesser...

End of the day, how you chose to ride and what you decide to do on the road is the only thing that matters.

Have your safety bubble when you ride... and never ride when you're sick or just out of it... you are putting yourself out there for something to happen. You need to be alert at all times when riding...

thanks bro. I will rmb all that by heart

I don't remember having probation for 2A and 2 during my time. But maybe the rule had charged.

yuppers, thats how it works. And it covers your class 3 too.

So lets say you got your 2b and 3 same time.

Your demerit point starts with 12 points.

Lets say your 2nd year, you are on full 24 points.

The 3rd year, you took your class 2a. For all your licences, it all drops back to 12 points.

And same for class 2.

Only the first year of class 2B and class 3, you will need to display the yellow triangle.

:cool:

yuppers, thats how it works. And it covers your class 3 too.

So lets say you got your 2b and 3 same time.

Your demerit point starts with 12 points.

Lets say your 2nd year, you are on full 24 points.

The 3rd year, you took your class 2a. For all your licences, it all drops back to 12 points.

And same for class 2.

Only the first year of class 2B and class 3, you will need to display the yellow triangle.

Thank you for enligtening those who were in the dark. Many seem to not know about this. :cool:

KRGT-1

Thank you for enligtening those who were in the dark. Many seem to not know about this. :cool:

Think its not that many not know.

Some of us are so old, we simply forgot that newbies may not know. And its kinda dependable on the age of the newbies.

I remember my time, where you are 16 years old, can apply for bike licence but not yet driving licence.

No point telling 16 years old to get the car licence together, when they arent of age to.

Some of us are so old, we simply forgot that newbies may not know. And its kinda dependable on the age of the newbies.

I remember my time, where you are 16 years old, can apply for bike licence but not yet driving licence.

No point telling 16 years old to get the car licence together, when they arent of age to.

Had a schoolmate who rode to school. Would be envious if not for the school was less than 5 blocks away. :o

All licence become 12 points?

If say hit 12 points, another 1 point will revoke all licences including old licence?

Think it depends on a case by case basis. ;)

And as usual many of us OT from the original post. :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

Maybe here will be a better example.

You take class 2B this year. Starts with 12 demerit point.

You take class 3 next year. instead of 24 demerit point, you move back to 12 demerit points for both licences

Maybe you stalled for a year. So the 3rd year, you have 24 demerit point.

But the moment you take on the Class 2A Licence in the fourth year. All class 2b, 3 and 2A shares the same 12 demerit point.

Maybe here will be a better example.

You take class 2B this year. Starts with 12 demerit point.

You take class 3 next year. instead of 24 demerit point, you move back to 12 demerit points for both licences

Maybe you stalled for a year. So the 3rd year, you have 24 demerit point.

But the moment you take on the Class 2A Licence in the fourth year. All class 2b, 3 and 2A shares the same 12 demerit point.

Thanks vicious kitty for clarifying

• 3 weeks later...

I miss those days. Regretted not taking before they increase the age limit. Then again, I wasn't mature enough to handle myself on the road, so eventually they were right. Thankfully when I registered on this forum to seek answers and make friends, I was more mature and in control of my bike.

If you are not married, your mother (sometimes father) will object you riding bike. When you have a girlfriend, if you are lucky, she let you pillion her, if you are s little bit less lucky, she refuses to key you pillion and demand take bus, worse she demands take taxi. If you are very unlucky, she threatens to break off with you if you still continue to ride bike! Ha ha ha!

So buy bike after marriage, ha ha ha!

But when you are married, your wife will object it.

Do how?

Jokes aside, ride safe and earn their trust.

Exactly, gain their trust. That's what happens when staying with parents, have to follow their wishes. I dare not tell my mum for now because not in the mood to argue. When she comes over to see me later this year, then I'll explain. For now, I'll keep quiet.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png