SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

How do convice my family member to let me own a motorbike

kitaro9202

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

parents will always worry. when i bought my first bike, my father threaten to burn my bike. a week after, he called me few times a day, everyday to check whether i am okay. felt so guilty cause he is so worried everyday.

• 4 weeks later...
parents will always worry. when i bought my first bike, my father threaten to burn my bike. a week after, he called me few times a day, everyday to check whether i am okay. felt so guilty cause he is so worried everyday.

14 years ago, when I had my 1st motorcycle in Australia, my dad also claim that he can't sleep. In the end, had to get rid of the bike :sian:

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Hi bros!

Likewise when I first got my 2b license, I scratched my head thinking how to break the news to my family that I wanted to get a bike. I took a gamble there and came home with a WR200 one fine day. My mum kinda half expected it so all she said was ride safe. My dad was more vocal and started sharing stories about his friends who got into accidents. When he asked me why I wanted to get a bike, my reply to him was that I love riding and I said his support for me would mean a lot to me.

I guess he also figured that even as parents, they would not be able to be around us all the time. So instead of wasting energy to fight about the presence of a bike, he decided to support me. Even asked me for rides from time to time. That was two years ago... Fast forward to this year when I got my class 2 and brought back a sports bike... That look on his face :lol::lol::lol:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly there is no way to convince your family members. If you really want to do it, just get the bike and learn to be a responsible rider. It's really about being careful on the road. THough accidents are bound to happen but it's a risk you take. So you have to weigh your options yourself.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

i convinced mine coz i stay north and i do alot of running around to all the different ends of the island so its not economical or practical to use the public transport system. like going to the office from my house takes 2 hours on public transport but on the bike its just 35 mins. once i told my family this. they just understood but always told me to ride safe and i will always tell them to drive safe

i convinced mine coz i stay north and i do alot of running around to all the different ends of the island so its not economical or practical to use the public transport system. like going to the office from my house takes 2 hours on public transport but on the bike its just 35 mins. once i told my family this. they just understood but always told me to ride safe and i will always tell them to drive safe

You should tell them to always look out for riders. Not just in the mirrors but the blindspots too. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

I just convinced my mom to let me get a license and bike, my Father don't really support the idea of me getting bike because he used to ride last time and got into accident on the highway.

But in the end I convinced them and am enrolling myself into CDC soon. It's the nearest centre to me since I live in Tampines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just convinced my mom to let me get a license and bike, my Father don't really support the idea of me getting bike because he used to ride last time and got into accident on the highway.

But in the end I convinced them and am enrolling myself into CDC soon. It's the nearest centre to me since I live in Tampines.

Good luck, and most importantly, RIDE SAFE!

Anyway, while I understand the appeal of the location of CDC (heck, I live 10mins away from CDC), have you considered the LOOOOOOONG waiting time for TP test at CDC? When I was considering my 2B lessons, I enquired at all 3 schools and I recalled CDC had the most "unreasonably long" completion time due to the waiting time there.

Take for example, if you needed to book for your Basic Theory Test and Riding Theory Test, here are the available dates as of today (03Feb):

BBDC: 20Feb and 15Feb

SSDC: 10Feb and 17Feb

CDC: 07Mar and 10Mar (?????)

As another example, assuming that you've completed ALL the training courses today (which typically takes about 2 months or so) AND are eligible for booking of your TP test date. Here are the nearest available 2B test dates as of 03Feb:

BBDC: 20Feb

SSDC: 22Feb

CDC: 05Apr (??!!!????)

ALL three centres publish their nearest available test dates on their websites:

https://www.bbdc.sg/bbweb/MembersInformation/TestDatesInformation.aspx

https://www.ssdcl.com.sg/Home/TestDate

https://www.cdc.com.sg/test-date/

I've got absolutely nothing against CDC (apart from the long waiting time). But I just hope that you would enroll with knowledge of these information. Changing schools mid-way is possible, but is not only time consuming, but also a waste of $$$.

A mid-lifer who started late on the motorised 2-wheeler game. Currently riding a 200NS - with a P-plate.

Randomly rants at www.sgBikerBoy.com

Good luck, and most importantly, RIDE SAFE!

Anyway, while I understand the appeal of the location of CDC (heck, I live 10mins away from CDC), have you considered the LOOOOOOONG waiting time for TP test at CDC? When I was considering my 2B lessons, I enquired at all 3 schools and I recalled CDC had the most "unreasonably long" completion time due to the waiting time there.

Take for example, if you needed to book for your Basic Theory Test and Riding Theory Test, here are the available dates as of today (03Feb):

BBDC: 20Feb and 15Feb

SSDC: 10Feb and 17Feb

CDC: 07Mar and 10Mar (?????)

As another example, assuming that you've completed ALL the training courses today (which typically takes about 2 months or so) AND are eligible for booking of your TP test date. Here are the nearest available 2B test dates as of 03Feb:

BBDC: 20Feb

SSDC: 22Feb

CDC: 05Apr (??!!!????)

ALL three centres publish their nearest available test dates on their websites:

https://www.bbdc.sg/bbweb/MembersInformation/TestDatesInformation.aspx

https://www.ssdcl.com.sg/Home/TestDate

https://www.cdc.com.sg/test-date/

I've got absolutely nothing against CDC (apart from the long waiting time). But I just hope that you would enroll with knowledge of these information. Changing schools mid-way is possible, but is not only time consuming, but also a waste of $$$.

Hello!! I am considering SSDC actually because I heard the nearest MRT is Admiralty and I have direct bus 969 from Tampines. But is it really near the mrt or just estimation?

Yup I just found out about the long waiting time at CDC after reading some threads ytd, so am actually considering SSDC.

Thanks!!!

Hello. What lkm mentioned is really correct. Give SSDC a try. If you see my thread I personally jump ship from cdc to SSDC to get my class 2b even though CDC is like 5 to 10 mins away from me...

Okay thanks!!

I guess I will go to SSDC, because I think at the end of the day, it will be a great time saver. I am kinda nervous though because I don't have class 3 license.

But am really looking forward to at the same time. Hahaha, dilemma.

Okay thanks!!

I guess I will go to SSDC, because I think at the end of the day, it will be a great time saver. I am kinda nervous though because I don't have class 3 license.

But am really looking forward to at the same time. Hahaha, dilemma.

ride and learn safe brother i also just pass my tp last month 12 of January 2017.i enrolled at 10th of October and took my 1st tp at 12th of December 2016 unfortunately i failed at 1st tried..right now every week have at least 1 tp date.so if u have alot of free time,u will be able to get your license within 2 to 3 months..i not sure about other school but december seem to have higher of failing rate haha....about 60% passing rate for my 1st 2 tp date.and January shoot up to 90%.anyway i took my tp at BBDC.

ride and learn safe brother i also just pass my tp last month 12 of January 2017.i enrolled at 10th of October and took my 1st tp at 12th of December 2016 unfortunately i failed at 1st tried..right now every week have at least 1 tp date.so if u have alot of free time,u will be able to get your license within 2 to 3 months..i not sure about other school but december seem to have higher of failing rate haha....about 60% passing rate for my 1st 2 tp date.and January shoot up to 90%.anyway i took my tp at BBDC.

Ohh!! Haha thanks man, you too ride safe!!

I'm currently PNSF so won't have a lot of free time but my shift cycle is 2 works 2 off so that's a relief actually.

By the way does it matter if I don't have class 3 or something?

Cheers!!

Ohh!! Haha thanks man, you too ride safe!!

I'm currently PNSF so won't have a lot of free time but my shift cycle is 2 works 2 off so that's a relief actually.

By the way does it matter if I don't have class 3 or something?

Cheers!!

Doubt so. Whats important is to have common sense and a sense of staying safe. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Doubt so. Whats important is to have common sense and a sense of staying safe. :cool:

I just showed my mom the bike I'm saving up for next year. She said you crazy ah, she let me learn to ride but not let me buy the bike.

But I guess I'll just buy the bike and tell her later after I get my license haha.

I just showed my mom the bike I'm saving up for next year. She said you crazy ah, she let me learn to ride but not let me buy the bike.

But I guess I'll just buy the bike and tell her later after I get my license haha.

Thats like having a medical degree but not becoming a doctor. :cool:

KRGT-1

Thats like having a medical degree but not becoming a doctor. :cool:

Hahaha I agree!!

Btw can I ask something? I was looking through some listings of SGbikemart, why is it that some dealers price for CB190R is 6.1k but the other is 12k?

Hahaha I agree!!

Btw can I ask something? I was looking through some listings of SGbikemart, why is it that some dealers price for CB190R is 6.1k but the other is 12k?

I do not know the answer but COE is already 6k+. Get the machine price of the bike and perhaps you would know. :cool:

KRGT-1

Hahaha I agree!!

standard la...they wanna reel in u like fish with just the machine price....then after u see the bike....fall in love.....they say 16k everything in also u buy lor....

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

How long did it take to convince them?

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

How long did it take to convince them?

Hello!! I tried to ask them a couple times throughout the years but was always rejected, this was before I turned 18 and 20.

This time I just tried to ask them though I've already made up my mind to go for the lessons even without their approval.

Surprisingly, my mom gave in to me this time round but she still doesn't allow me to get a bike of my own even if I were to pass my 2B. So that's a pretty tough one to crack for now. :(