SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Making A Motor Claim

2_wheeler

At NTUC Income, we understand that it can be stressful being involved in a motor accident. We want to ensure that your claim proceeds smoothly so you can get back your car promptly and in good condition.

What do I do if I am involved in an accident?

Stay cool and don't panic.

Collect the details of the other parties involved in the accident and those of any available witnesses.

The essential details are:

The registration numbers (number plates) of all other vehicles involved

The names and addresses of the other driver(s)/owner(s) and any witnesses

The names of insurance companies for the other driver(s)

Avoid discussing liability with others involved in the accident, or their lawyers. Refer all communications from them to your insurance company.

If an accident involves injury, do not shift the car, call the police immediately. You must also make a police report within 24 hours of an accident involving

1. Damage to a government vehicle or property

2. A foreign vehicle

3. A pedestrain or cyclist

4. A hit-and-run party

How To Make An Own Damage Claim for Repair of Your Vehicle?

1. You are advised to report the accident immediately at the Independent Damage Assessment Centre (Idac) within 24 hours. If you have made a police report, you need to furnish a copy at the Idac.

2. Please call INCOME's 24 hour hotline: 6788 6616 for location of the nearest Idac.

3. If towing service is needed, you can call Idac's 24-hour hotline at 1800 887 5151 for towing at no charge to you.

4. At the Idac, you will be required to file an accident report and submit a claim to your insurance company.

5. Idac will assess the damage to your car and we will authorise repair within two working days.

6. Your car will be repaired at a workshop selected by Income in accordance with the policy conditions.

7. Policyholders who are clearly not at fault and the third party is not insured with NTUC Income, can lodge a claim against the third party.

8. However if both parties are insured with NTUC Income, we would urge both parties to claim under own policy. The party who is not at fault will not be penalised with NCD reduction.

Note: The location of Idac is available on the reverse side of your Certificate of Insurance.

Important Note:

We will exercise our right under Condition 8 to terminate the policy if the policyholder fails to comply with the the above without a valid reason.

Accident in Malaysia

For accidents in Malaysia where towing services are required, you can call NTUC Income's 24-hour hotline: 6788 6616 for assistance.

You will have to pay for the towing service direct with the recommended service provider, based on mutual agreement. The service provider will tow your car to the nearest Idac, and you can then file an accident report at the Idac upon your return to Singapore. You can submit a claim upto $200 for the towing service as provided for under the Scope of Cover of your policy.

Courtesy car / Transport allowance

From the 2nd day your car is in our quality workshop or IDAC, you will enjoy either of the following benefits :

1. Upon availability, a courtesy car for the duration of the repair to a maximum of 14 days or

2. Transport allowance of $50 per working day for the duration of the repair to a maximum of 14 days

An administrative charge of $10 and a refundable deposit of $50 will be charged for the usage of the courtesy car.

Note : The above benefits are applicable to insured under Quality Plus coverage.

No Claim Discount

1. Our policyholder enjoy a 10% ‘No Claim Discount’ upon renewal of their motor insurance premium if there is no claim during the previous policy year.

2. For every ‘claim free’ year, the discount will be increased by 10% to a maximum of 50% over five years.

3. Our policyholder's 'No Claim Discount" will not be reduced if the policyholder's liability is 20% or less; when involved in a collision with a traceable vehicle or person.

4. If the policyholder is unhappy with the assessment of liability made by our officer, they can lodge a request for review to the claim officer.

If you receive a third party claim

If you receive a claim from a third party or a writ from a lawyer, you should refer the matter to us immediately. We will handle the claim or writ for you. We have to respond to a writ within 8 days, so you have to act immediately. Give us a call at 6788-6616.We may need your full cooperation in giving a full report of the accident, and to verify the extent of damages to the third party.

Third Party Claims

Insured who chooses to make third party liability claim against other insurers will have to make the claim on their own . If you are involved with Malaysian cars and making a claim against a Malaysian insurer, the process will take a longer time. Please be patient. You will need to liaise direct with the workshop who undertake the third party claim on your behalf. NTUC Income cannot assist you to claim third party as it is outside our control.

Repairing at your own workshop

If you wish your car to be repaired at your existing workshop, you can provide its name and contact number to us. We will invite the workshop to quote and carry out for the repair if the charges are competitive. If the workshop does not have a email we send a fax to them to quote. However, if the charges are too high and your workshop is unable to repair at the benchmark price quoted by our quality workshop, we may have to send your vehicle to our quality or authorised workshop. If this is done, we will ensure that the repair matches up to a satisfactory standard, in accordance to our underwriting.

Spare Parts unavailability

The insurer shall not be responsible if the spare parts are not available. Arrangement will be made for the unavailable spare parts to be shipped in at our cost. However, if the spare parts have to be air freighted, then the air freight charges shall be borne by the policyholder. During the period where spare parts are not available and due to this the repair is delayed, neither courtesy car nor transport allowance will be provided.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Non-Injury Motor Accident Report Scheme

Policyholders are reminded that under the Non-Injury Motor Accident Report Scheme, they are required to lodge motor accident reports with their insurance companies. They need not lodge non-injury accident reports with the police. This scheme aims to expedite the processing of claims and facilitate the retrieval of accident reports at lower cost.

For injury accidents* or non-injury accidents involving a government vehicle/damage to government property, a foreign vehicle**, a pedestrian or cyclist, or non-injury "hit-and-run" cases, drivers are required to lodge police reports in addition to the motor accident reports which they will still have to lodge with their insurance companies.

For general motor enquiries, please call our 6788-6616.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* An injury accident is defined as one in which at least one party involved in an accident was conveyed to hospital from the accident scene; or if conveyance to hospital was done through other transport, the party is subsequently hospitalised, or given outpatient medical leave of 3 days or more; or where no one was conveyed to the hospital from the scene, latent injury had subsequently developed which entailed hospitalisation, or outpatient medical leave of 3 days or more.

** Foreign vehicles are defined as all vehicles registered in another country, all vehicles owned by visiting forces present in Singapore, all vehicles with USN or USG prefixes, and as general rule, all vehicles insured by an insurance company not registered to transact general insurance business in Singapore."

• 1 year later...

hi,

I was involved in a road accident in May 04. I knocked into the left rear of a Toyota Mark II. I was at about 10-20kmph and the driver at 30kmph. Road conditions was dry, traffic was heavy.

Both of us reported to Idac. Subsequently, at the end of July 04, I received a writ from the law firm that the driver had engaged. The letter was also forwarded to my bike insurer (mitsui sumitomo). The costs were breakdown as follows:

1)cost of repair :1243.10

2)loss of use(3 days):300.00

3)survey report fees:140.00

4)GIA/LTA search:42.15

5)Cost contribution at this stage:800.00

6)disbursement at this stage:50

total: 2575.25

questions:

a) will the insurer pay for all the charges or just the repair cost?

b) in the event that the insurer is unable to pay for all the cost, am i liable to pay the rest of the charges (ie number 2 to 6)?

c) is the amount a bit too ridiculous(law fees i supposed),plus my RXZ was not 'hurt' at all except for some scratches. I myself had some bleeding fingers.

d) is it a must or common practice for claimants to engage solicitors to deal with these accidents?

thank you for your advices and whichever direction suggested will be very much look upon, as this is really turning my hair white.

Thank you

regards

/LPShan

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by shan@Aug 1 2004, 09:43 PM

hi,

I was involved in a road accident in May 04. I knocked into the left rear of a Toyota Mark II. I was at about 10-20kmph and the driver at 30kmph. Road conditions was dry, traffic was heavy.

Both of us reported to Idac. Subsequently, at the end of July 04, I received a writ from the law firm that the driver had engaged. The letter was also forwarded to my bike insurer (mitsui sumitomo). The costs were breakdown as follows:

1)cost of repair :1243.10

2)loss of use(3 days):300.00

3)survey report fees:140.00

4)GIA/LTA search:42.15

5)Cost contribution at this stage:800.00

6)disbursement at this stage:50

total: 2575.25

questions:

a) will the insurer pay for all the charges or just the repair cost?

insurer will settle all the claims.

b) in the event that the insurer is unable to pay for all the cost, am i liable to pay the rest of the charges (ie number 2 to 6)?

no. what the insurer has paid is final.

c) is the amount a bit too ridiculous(law fees i supposed),plus my RXZ was not 'hurt' at all except for some scratches. I myself had some bleeding fingers.

if you feel that they are inflating the claim, inform your insurer about it.

d) is it a must or common practice for claimants to engage solicitors to deal with these accidents?

common practice as sometime the claimant and the insured are with the same insurer, solicitors may not be required

thank you for your advices and whichever direction suggested will be very much look upon, as this is really turning my hair white.

Thank you

regards

/LPShan

answer are in blue :sweat:

Hi here, I was involved in an T-junction accident, after the police report, I realised that the other party (taxi) was investigated as inconsiderate driving, while I am being investigated as 'dangerous driving'. I refer to the handbook and learnt that offenders for dangerous driver may be prosecuted in court! Now I wish to know is there a possibility that I will be fined more than 1K ? can anyone tell me ard how much fine to expect?

My motor dealer tell me that my case is 50-50 and can be fighted, so if the consequences is too huge for me to handle, I shall engage a lawyer since its FOC...else I shall treat it as my unlucky day that period.

The only way not to fall asleep is to ride faster and faster.

Originally posted by MIG-29@Aug 13 2004, 01:10 PM

Hi here, I was involved in an T-junction accident, after the police report, I realised that the other party (taxi) was investigated as inconsiderate driving, while I am being investigated as 'dangerous driving'. I refer to the handbook and learnt that offenders for dangerous driver may be prosecuted in court! Now I wish to know is there a possibility that I will be fined more than 1K ? can anyone tell me ard how much fine to expect?

My motor dealer tell me that my case is 50-50 and can be fighted, so if the consequences is too huge for me to handle, I shall engage a lawyer since its FOC...else I shall treat it as my unlucky day that period.

Lawyer is FOC???

if the lawyer win the case for you, the other party will have to pay your lawyer (this is FOC for you) but, if your lawyer loss the case? guess who is going to pay your lawyer?

a 50-50 case means that the chances of winning the case is 50% and even if your lawyer win the case, your lawyer can only help to claim up to 50% of the bills (you are still 50% at fault.

for this type of case usually the motor dealer will ask you to pay the full bills 1st before helping you to claim.

yap, I have to pay for the repairs first cos heard that some cases may take up to 6 months to settle. I already make it clear to my motorshop that I am not gonna pay for any legal fees watsoever. So if lose then blame on the inability of that lawyer, correct?

What I need most to know is if really I am at fault then how much I ld have to pay ?

The only way not to fall asleep is to ride faster and faster.

Originally posted by MIG-29@Aug 13 2004, 11:29 PM

yap, I have to pay for the repairs first cos heard that some cases may take up to 6 months to settle. I already make it clear to my motorshop that I am not gonna pay for any legal fees watsoever. So if lose then blame on the inability of that lawyer, correct?

What I need most to know is if really I am at fault then how much I ld have to pay ?

the claim can take much longer then that.....

if you lost the case, your insurer will settle your claim (the other party will try to claim from your insurer) meaning that the lawyer will still claim the cost from your insurer also. therefore, FOC.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi need ur advice..my frd was involve in an accident..last march.at a X junction.He gg str..lady driver turnin rite...

till now..TP havn't give him the results...but lawyers etc..all been called.Bike in shop till now..but ready 2 collect thou...but bike shop dun allow him 2 collect till they receive the insurance coy payment...can they do it??or can my frd insist on collectin the bike 1st..

oso shld he chase the TP investigator 4 the results?

:confused:

http://www.gifmania.dk/Spongebob/spongebob01.gif

Originally posted by tarzan666@Oct 12 2004, 09:23 AM

Hi need ur advice..my frd was involve in an accident..last march.at a X junction.He gg str..lady driver turnin rite...

till now..TP havn't give him the results...but lawyers etc..all been called.Bike in shop till now..but ready 2 collect thou...but bike shop dun allow him 2 collect till they receive the insurance coy payment...can they do it??or can my frd insist on collectin the bike 1st..

oso shld he chase the TP investigator 4 the results?

:confused:

maybe the insurance company feel that your friend (or rather the bikeshop) is making unrealistic claim or they feel that their insured is not 100% at fault.

the bikeshop will sure need their payment either through your friend or insurance company. since bikeshop still unable to get the money from the insurance company, you'll have to pay 1st (if bikeshop feel that they are unable to claim from insurance company) and when the claim is successful, you friend will get the money.

your friend may check with TP if he wish to know the results.

• 4 weeks later...

hi i got some questions hope u can answer them.

i got my first accident lat sunday at orchard road. a 'p' plate bike beat a red light n hit mine @ e right- rear resulting us both flew off n send to SGH @ A&E.

yesterday(mon) i jus went to hospital for follow up on my wounds, police station for my belongings, n accident report n statment, e inspector told me tat they got a witness saw e thing happened n mostly his licence will be revoked. e police also told me if i wan to do claims other than repairs n medical will had to get e lawyer.

after tat i went to my bike shop. give them e docs to tow my bike to e authorised workshop(as mine is under AXA n his is under NTUC) ,then i went down to AXA building to report e claim against him also.

Question:

1. i hear tat apart fro claiming repairs n medical fees i can also claim for "pain n suffering"? how do i do this?? who shall i speak to? fees?

2. how long will e repairing n claims take to completed?? i heard may take months..

3. wat will be e state e workshop will restore my bike to?

i have taken good care of it. i worry tat it will have " shadow' of e accident still when i got it back..

• 2 weeks later...

I have involved in an accident last week, suffering some bruises and cut on both my hands and chest and my legs, my bike suffered some scratch and my handlebar, clutch and gear level either broken or bend. After reading some of the msg I'm worried it will take long. The party involved isn't a local and the vehicle was a rented one. Hope it can be resolved a.s.a.p I want my bike back!!!

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/719/my1sthondamatchez0.jpg

Originally posted by 2_wheeler@Oct 13 2004, 11:34 PM

maybe the insurance company feel that your friend (or rather the bikeshop) is making unrealistic claim or they feel that their insured is not 100% at fault.

the bikeshop will sure need their payment either through your friend or insurance company. since bikeshop still unable to get the money from the insurance company, you'll have to pay 1st (if bikeshop feel that they are unable to claim from insurance company) and when the claim is successful, you friend will get the money.

your friend may check with TP if he wish to know the results.

wat if e repair cost is over a few thousands? n i no money to pay first... :confused:

let e insurance company settle first then can have e bike huh?

will it be months liao??

Originally posted by merz65@Nov 28 2004, 11:09 AM

wat if e repair cost is over a few thousands? n i no money to pay first... :confused:

let e insurance company settle first then can have e bike huh?

will it be months liao??

letting the insurance company settle fist mean you are claiming from your insurance company...... that also mean you need to have Comprehensive cover (1st party) insurance in order to do that.

normally how long is ntuc needed to approve e shop tat is claiming to start e repair?? think i'm waiting to near 2 weeks liao.. wats e nos to call NTUC to check on how my case's been going on?? look for who?? e shop tell me to pay for e repair first while later ntuc pays back,cos claiming will take a long time... i dun think its safe for e to pay first, anyway e amount is too big.. n i saw e prices of e items they quote all very high.. its been nearly a month.. my bike still intact lying there.. me so heartbroken, with all e raining wat if others parts start to rust??

:cry:

Hi 2-Wheeler, got 1 question to ask you. I just met a accident with a car. The other party is going to claim my insurance.

Here ismy question,

1. If the other party is claiming the amount of $3000 for the repair, will my insurance premium for my bike will increase up to $1000 ++. Currently i am on third party fire and theft.

Once A Rider, Always A Bikers

Does anyone know the amount that is claimable for injuries sustained? things such as broken arm, toes etc....and issit true that even injuries such as abrasions and scars are claimable?? thanx

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Originally posted by Arcfire@Dec 9 2004, 03:02 AM

Does anyone know the amount that is claimable for injuries sustained? things such as broken arm, toes etc....and issit true that even injuries such as abrasions and scars are claimable?? thanx

Depends on a lot of factors: what injuries are sustained, what body-part is involved, what are the long-term medical implications, what you are earning and your career prospects, multipliers like your age... etc.... There is a broad spectrum of factors that will be considered, though you can probably get a general idea by flipping through the standard guideline for personal injury quantums, which you may find in a library somewhere.

And yes, abrasions, scarring, pain and suffering are claimable, though obviously not as much as broken bones, missing limbs etc.

o_O

my lawyer said abrasions alone can get 1-2k liao..

Originally posted by Alex_lim_08@Dec 8 2004, 06:53 AM

Hi 2-Wheeler, got 1 question to ask you. I just met a accident with a car. The other party is going to claim my insurance.

Here ismy question,

1. If the other party is claiming the amount of $3000 for the repair, will my insurance premium for my bike will increase up to $1000 ++. Currently i am on third party fire and theft.

there are a few factor to look at....

1. age

2. licence

3. bike

4. claim

there are people paying more than $2000 for insurance and there are those paying less than $150.

if it is 3rd party claim, the amount could be unlimited.....