SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF-R15 (150cc)

xcel

Apparently some people are disappointed with the bike because it's not all that big (10cm shorter wheelbase than the R1, et. al.) but it's handling is supposed to be excellent, so it might be worth it considering the price is so far below the R125's... esp for people under 5'6" :p

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont think so la.migrate to india if u want one

Oct 2002 - PPL

19 Sept 2005 - 2B

18 Sept 2007 - 2A

20 July 2010 - 2

Oct 2005 - present: Aprilia RS 125

Oct 16 2010 - Feb 2011: Honda CBR 600 RR

Apr 08 2011: Ducati Monster 620

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs099.snc3/16635_162719989997_751319997_2733440_6167145_n.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
wow...looks fugly,and its SOHC for a 150?not interested

The handlebars look to be at a high position and the exhaust kinda' reminds me of spark135's. This must be a Thailand's production.

I think it looks waaaaay better than what the D@elim people put out as the Roadwin R125.

The shape of the seats on the 150 kinda makes me think this bike kinda looks like it belongs to the "sport-touring" classification just like its big brother Yammies are, whereas the YZF-R125 and its sleek lines make it more like a sportbike that may be track-worthy as well.

My 2 cents.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

i liked the split seat design of r125... somehow makes the tail of the bike more compact and "R6-ish"... :thumb: can't wait for the performance reviews from fellow riders...

Inherited Will.

The Age of the Destiny and The Dreams of the People,

These are the things that will not be stopped.

As long as people continue to pursue the meaning of freedom,

These things will never cease to be!

• 1 month later...

Was @ the Motorshow (just for fun lah), and saw this bike not looking too bad next to the R1 & R6! Asked the guy there, and he said it wasn't in Singapore... but when I asked him if it would be coming, he said yes, sometime next year, (Pardon the images, they're from a phone, didn't have my camera on me.... and none of the other eyecandy :p)

YZF-R15 Singapore Motorshow 1.jpg

YZF-R15 Singapore Motorshow 2.jpg

wa india only sell $3500 nia. I wonder how much will it be in Sg.

2002~Cagiva Mito (FS)

2003~SP (FS)

2003~RVF (FP) Powered by 2 brother

2008~KR (FY)

2008~K7 (FBB) Powered by arrow

2009~SPARK (FBB) Powered by GPR

2009~SUPER 4 spec 1 (FR) Powered by yoshimura

2011~ SUPER 4 spec 1 (FT) powered by yoshimura titanium BLUE

2011~ yamaha FZ6 (FBD)

2011~ yamaha R1 (FBB) powered by Arrow

A.S.Phoon guy said

However, comparing to the Pulsar 180, only other indian bike i really know of here, seems like $2,093 (~Rs.68k in India) -> ~$5.3k OTR in Singapore. So using same ratio R15 is $3220 (~Rs.105k) -> ~$8000 OTR? Very rough estimate only, of course.

We'll see I guess. :)

• 6 months later...
will this bike come to s'pore?(lauched in india)

http://livinggallery.oneindia.in/v/lifestyle-pics/hotwheels-pic/yamaha-yzf-r15/

Any kind soul knows?

Bro!

I think i saw one of this on the road a few days back...

Not exactly sure if its YZF-R15 or FZ16.

Cant really see cause i was riding on my slow lousy phantom...

But that bike looks cool!! N some more its a female riding it.... :cheeky:

2008-2010 Honda Phantom TA200

2010-2013 Honda CB400 SPEC2

2013 Yamaha YZF-R6

• 2 weeks later...

wow nowadays 2b bike are more and more tiong liao.. pattern more n more fierce..

http://coastline.chu.jp/Resources/zxr400.jpg

Be cool, Be smart... Be your Yourself!

Regardless the bike model/brand. No matter how good/fast the bike is. Without skills the bike is nothing.

Money is'nt everything, but without money, you're just nothing!

• 5 weeks later...
Gee, another indian bike.... SOHC??? 4 stroke 150cc??? Doesn't look its going to have any power at all... But the knockdown price is definitely a plus... IF and only IF really $3k excluding COE.

Think you misunderstood. $3000 is teh price in India, or Rs.105k. The price here is going to be between $7-8000 or so, from different sources according to two posters, and be here sometime in July or August?

oi! wassup with indian bikes? they are good bikes la. but not a 'good' bike. all i can say is this bike is gonna be a cheapo alternative to cbr 150. and it certainly look nicer than cbr 150. made in thailand or india. it's the same. it's just a question of how the importers want to set the price. win by monopolising the market or win by the aftermarket parts due to massive selling.

but this bike is a disgrace to the yzf series. anyway, if you wanna compare its power, it's certainly more powerful than the r125 that's already on the road now. but of cos, r125 beats all in the looks department. but then again, singaporeans will always have the india stigma.

but this bike is a disgrace to the yzf series. anyway, if you wanna compare its power, it's certainly more powerful than the r125 that's already on the road now. but of cos, r125 beats all in the looks department. but then again, singaporeans will always have the india stigma.

Yes, it's a cheaper alternative to the CBR-150. It's designed and made for Indian markets. I doubt that Yamaha India's all that concerned about what Yamaha in other countries is doing. They had to make a bike which wasn't insanely expensive like the R125 (tho Rs. 105k is prob 2x more than most bikes), which could be worked on by their shops & mechanics for cheap, and still appeal to a certain audience. Remember, most bikes in India are well under 200cc, and most people will never see anything larger than that.

Anyway, it's sposed to have good handling, good speed for a 150. Maybe they took liberties w/ the YZF naming, but hey, Yamaha Worldwide's done it with the R125's. All they're looking at is trying to sell more bikes, which seems to be working very well. *shrug*