SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Piaggio MP3 Cafe 2009

CCK

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The way I see it, you should just ride the MP3 as if it was any other bike if you value safety.... The third wheel is just a form of 'insurance'...

Because end of the day if you behave recklessly on the roads, be it 2/3/4 wheels, you're gonna get hurt.

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

hi,

is MP3 125 really that bad. thats why all of u all skip this class?

the 125 MP3 weighs 199kg, and the engine puts out only 15 bhp. a lot of 2B bikes have way better weight-to-power ratio, the gilera runner vxr 200 for example weighs only 123kg but has 21 bhp. and it is also cheaper.

they don't even bother importing it in the U.S., and their base model is the 250.

some countries allow people with a driver's licence to ride a bike up to 125cc without a motorcycle licence, hence the MP3 125cc version.

it is brought into singapore to target the 2B riders but i think most riders will upgrade to 2A sooner or later, and they will probably regret getting the 125 once they obtain their higher licence. in my opinion it is a little expensive ($8k plus if i'm not wrong) for a small cc bike.

my 2¢'s worth.

In my opinion, the mp3, be it the 125, 250, 400 or even the Fuoco is unique in its own way. It's similar to certain food. You need an acquired taste. To some, it might look ugly, less power, heavy etc etc but the mp3s are such. You like it, get it. To ponder, think, re-think and crack your brains out leading to high stress levels wudn't do any good.

As for me, my 250 is good enough to enable me to move around either for work or pleasure. I ride almost anywhere (roads) be it lane one or other lanes. I can't be compared to gilera's etc but what I know is that I am able to still pull off from traffic lights to the power I want. I don't really know about the power of the 125 cc though.

To sum it all up, I call my mp3 my funbike.

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww45/blackpiper/YNWA2.jpg

http://smrfcop.com/Smrfmobile.html

4 wheel mp3!

should it be called mp4?

wonder anywhere we can or can we even do it in SG?

sure damm safe

no need scare rain or sand or wad so ever!:thumb:

bro, five wheels daaaah! i wonder what's the point of her mod?

she's a little old lady that still wants to ride but at the same time, wanting all the insurance she can get.

the trike conversion basically locked the bike in an upright position so the parallelogram front suspension, which is the heart and soul of the MP3, is essentially disabled, which i think is really unfortunate.

the trike conversion could've been done on any other bikes but to do it on an MP3 is like hooking up a trailer to a Ferrari so that you can have more storage space. totally wrong concept and one big frickin waste of money.

for all that she's spent on the mp3 and the trike conversion, i think she could've bought a few of these:

http://english.pgo.com.tw/product_character.asp?id=68

haha. thanks for both contributions.

i like mp3 alot.

think soon you all will se me on 125cc mp3 le. haha. =)

Good choice...... but soon is like how soon?

Anyway, just for sharing. the bike requires the brake to be depressed (either left or right) for the engine to get started. My right brake lever wasn't able to get the sensor switch to get the contact so I cudn't start the bike. But this was long time ago and I didnt think that it was much of a problem... WRONG!!!

I was parked at a mall and my left one kaput. I spend about 2 hours trying to get the switch to sense a contact and after toiling, I managed to get it done. So my advice to all, if one give problem, go and get it fix....

haha. thanks for both contributions.

i like mp3 alot.

think soon you all will se me on 125cc mp3 le. haha. =)

congrats bro. maybe once you get your scoot we can organise a gathering and kopi session. do let us know when your baby arrives! :thumb:

blackpiper, i had the same problem with my Runner. i found out it usually happens after a downpour when water seeps into the switch. sometimes it returns to normal after it dries up but sometimes dirt also gets in together with the water. when the water evaporates the dirt remains behind and can cause the switch to stop working.

it can be easily cleared with a blast of WD40 (using the straw).

the switch activates the brake lights so if you can't start the bike while pressing the brake, chances are your brake lights won't come on either.

for obvious safety reasons do get it fixed ASAP.

congrats bro. maybe once you get your scoot we can organise a gathering and kopi session. do let us know when your baby arrives! :thumb:

blackpiper, i had the same problem with my Runner. i found out it usually happens after a downpour when water seeps into the switch. sometimes it returns to normal after it dries up but sometimes dirt also gets in together with the water. when the water evaporates the dirt remains behind and can cause the switch to stop working.

it can be easily cleared with a blast of WD40 (using the straw).

the switch activates the brake lights so if you can't start the bike while pressing the brake, chances are your brake lights won't come on either.

for obvious safety reasons do get it fixed ASAP.

Yeah, I juz did the repair job and now both of the brake lever depressed could start the bike without hitch..... Thanks for the advice though.....

Good choice...... but soon is like how soon?

Anyway, just for sharing. the bike requires the brake to be depressed (either left or right) for the engine to get started. My right brake lever wasn't able to get the sensor switch to get the contact so I cudn't start the bike. But this was long time ago and I didnt think that it was much of a problem... WRONG!!!

I was parked at a mall and my left one kaput. I spend about 2 hours trying to get the switch to sense a contact and after toiling, I managed to get it done. So my advice to all, if one give problem, go and get it fix....

Yeah, if this happens just change the switch inside - a quick and easy job that prevents greater problems in future.

He who hesitates is lost!

guys, i know that no matter how many wheel i have, when come to rain.. i have to be extra careful.. but that's doesn't my question.

My question is do i have to be extra careful than 2wheel bike when rain?

yesterday i went to piaggio svc ctr to try mp3 250cc. It's better than 125cc.

The road is wet, and when i am turning left or right... the confident is not that great...

guys, i know that no matter how many wheel i have, when come to rain.. i have to be extra careful.. but that's doesn't my question.

My question is do i have to be extra careful than 2wheel bike when rain?

yesterday i went to piaggio svc ctr to try mp3 250cc. It's better than 125cc.

The road is wet, and when i am turning left or right... the confident is not that great...

I think you've just answered your question. If you don't feel confident then you should be more careful.

He who hesitates is lost!

no point risking your life. 2 or 3 or 4 wheels have to be extra careful on wet roads.

Class 2B: 11 May 2001 | Class 2A: 06 Oct 2009 | Class 2: 21 Dec 2010

Class 3 : 26 Sep 2003 | Forklift Licence: 06 Dec 2005

2001-2001 : Honda NSR SP 150

2002-2002 : Honda XR 200

2005-2005 : Honda Wave 125S

2006-2006 : Honda TA200

2008-2010 : Gilera VXR 200

2011-2014 : Honda Cbr 600

2014-Current: Yamaha FZ1S

2010-Current: Kia Picanto OPC

and pedestrians too......... it's hell out there on the road and anything can happen anywhere, anytime, to anyone, anyhow, anyway......

wanna know wat is the diff between 250cc n 400cc,. if people have class 2a why they still choose the 250cc. is because is cheaper or less fuel comsuption?? i am lost between this two cc, is only 700-800 different in price.

i heard from asPhoon, they mention if i will take 400cc next time wanna sell can have a better price than the 250cc. someone enlighten me. thanks alot!!!

250cc = lighter, slighter better underseat storage

400cc = more power, resale value is subjective...

End of day, up to individual's needs and preference! :smile:

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

wanna know wat is the diff between 250cc n 400cc,. if people have class 2a why they still choose the 250cc. is because is cheaper or less fuel comsuption?? i am lost between this two cc, is only 700-800 different in price.

i heard from asPhoon, they mention if i will take 400cc next time wanna sell can have a better price than the 250cc. someone enlighten me. thanks alot!!!

I think I've said before that when I bought my 250, they only had that cc and also the 125ccs...... I tried the 250 and I am comfortable with it. As for the rest of the mp3 riders who chose the 250 instead of the 400, I wouldn't actually know why but I bet they have their reasons too.... I don't intend to upgrade to the 400cc though.

250cc = lighter, slighter better underseat storage

400cc = more power, resale value is subjective...

End of day, up to individual's needs and preference! :smile:

thanks!! william!

why in forum more people choose 250cc than 400cc.

can people who own 250cc tell me the reason. please!! thanks alot!!

Some uncle on an mp3 250 rode up to me while I was about to top petrol at a shell station and was telling me that he doesnt understand why his front tyres are wearing out like so damn super fast. His milage looks like in the 5000 only. And true enuf, both of them were indeed a tad worn out.

What puzzled me was that he said that he pumped air of higher pressure on the front as compared to the rear. He also reiterated that the agent told he to do so.... I told him about how I pumped mine and he doesnt seem convinced. By the look of his tyres, it doesnt seem to be of Pirellis or Michelins.... I hope he find a way out of his misery....

there's a lot of weight in front, so it's not surprising to me that they're wearing out faster than on regular bikes. unless you tell me one side is wearing out faster than the other, then i'd say uneven pressure is the culprit. otherwise, i believe it's the normal wear.

what about you blackpiper, what's your mileage and how're the fronts holding up? my bike's still under 2k so can't tell yet.

i read on the MV forum the rear ones on the 250 wears out really fast. and i'm not surprised also when all you have is that tiny 12" rubber pushing all that weight around.