SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Piaggio MP3 Cafe 2009

CCK

Dear fellow MP3-bros.. i currently riding a x8. but intending to upgrade back to 2a, interested in the mp3 250. for the stability... this the qtz.. when you guys came to a stop the bike jus stood st8 up? as i still see fellow mp3 riders put their leg down at the junction?? or is there a switch to lock the wheels etc?? plz enlighten.. thx you v much guys.

x8,. skye:P

there is a switch to lock the suspension on the right handlebar.

He who hesitates is lost!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If I'm not wrong, the 400cc's underseat storage is more shallow than the 250cc, therefore it has a lower storage capacity.

Confirm most likely that the MP3 250 is to get 14" rubber as in 400. Those in UK are getting them liao!

http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic31249?sid=5bcce13500b22bd87327464f6d81c48a

http://mp3scooterclub.co.uk/cgi-bin/topic_show.pl?tid=340

Hope it comes here sooner!

there is a switch to lock the suspension on the right handlebar.

thx bro.. may i ask.. so when ever u reached a stop u can either lock the sus or jus put ur leg down to support. will kept using the switch at every stop coz it to spoilt?? i like the bike cos dun hav to put down the leg to support. so if i were to buy one most prob most of the time i will use the switch but will there b side effects??? puzzled. thx you... bro contrarian..

skye

2002------> Suzuki Maurudar 125.

2003------> Aprillia rs125.(3month).

2003------> Honda phatom 150.

2005------> Honda S4 Vtec2

2008------> Toyota Axio(AT) (current)

2008------> Piaggo X8 -- (current) hurray.

so bro.. u mean im abt to lock the sus while riding too...?? rigid fork? how abt side effects? after a while the sus spoilt etc? thx.

skye

2002------> Suzuki Maurudar 125.

2003------> Aprillia rs125.(3month).

2003------> Honda phatom 150.

2005------> Honda S4 Vtec2

2008------> Toyota Axio(AT) (current)

2008------> Piaggo X8 -- (current) hurray.

The locking mechanism will only work when you are travelling below a certain speed (i.e. almost coming to a stop) so it is possible to lock while still rolling forward.

However the system will auto unlock once the RPMs rises above a certain level (i.e. when you accelerate to move off), this is to prevent you from accidentally locking the suspension at high speed and end up going straight through a corner!

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Hi bros! Saw a MP3 400 at ASPhoon serangoon 2day.Didn't ask bout e price n forgot bout its plate no. Wasted man juz bought a Majesty 400 frm them, was like two weeks early. Could have bought dat MP3. Anyone interested can try asking them.:goodluck:

Steed K-aos

Majesty outKast

Helix Raven

GSR KAOSII

Juz missed another 400 MP3! Any forum bros got that frm ASPhoon?

If any one letting go let me know.

Wat happen bro? They sold off e bike already?:pity:

Steed K-aos

Majesty outKast

Helix Raven

GSR KAOSII

:bounce: I saw from a foreign forum that the MP3 250 needs a rear tyre change after around 5K mileage. Are you peeps experienceing this too?

Does the MP3 400's bigger rear tyre require less frequent change?

Those seem to be the Michelins? My Pirellis don't have this problem.

He who hesitates is lost!

Any Piaggio MP3 400cc owners out there? Some feedback appreciated. Besides the 14" rear wheels and engine, any other difference with the 125 and 250? i heard the wheelbase is also longer to accomodate the bigger engine. Is this true?

Also, is it possible to instal side boxes? Brand, model?

• 2 weeks later...
Those seem to be the Michelins? My Pirellis don't have this problem.

Totally agree with that in a way coz it depends if you are taking a pillion most of the time. My rear Michellin tyre seems to wear off faster than my previous Pirellis. Will be switching back to the latter soon. Just don't feel comfortable with it. But it's a bit pain in the ass to find a shop that carries Pirellis.....

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww45/blackpiper/YNWA2.jpg

I always put my feet down at every stop, then I lock the suspension. You can always try it your way, which some people do. It takes a little getting used to but it's possible with some practice.

It depends for me. If I am going to be stopped long, say at a traffic junction, then I lock my suspension; otherwise I just put my foot down without locking at all.

About the thing of locking the suspension whilst slowing down almost about to stop, it doesn't do for me coz there is a possibility that your bike is not locked straight. When that happens, moving off will be a bit of a challenge.... Any other views?

• 2 weeks later...

are you on IRC tires on your phantom back then? i will assume that the mp3 is a lot safer than phantom.

my 2 cents.. =]

'02~'13 ::: RXK, SP, Daystar, TA150, S4 VtecII, Nissan March, VtecIII, R6, Dr200SEY, VerS, F650GS, HayabusaY2K, Honda Fit, Gilera Runner180FXR, toyota vios, DR200SES, BlackMax

NOW ::: DR200SE, Versys, Mitsubishi Lancer

hi guys i have never rode in the rain even since i skidded twice in 3mth on my phamton when i 1st got my license. dunno was it because i newbie or e phamton. wonder would mp3 take care of these?

is it reali much safer?

for 2a i can consider 250 or 500cc right? whats e diff?

anyone selling?i b taking my 2a in oct-nov

new one about how much? and wher.

heard maintenance is expensive

pls advise

when i passed my 2B i considered getting the phantom but feedback from the phantom forum was there's a tendency for the rear wheel to lock, so although inexperience is a factor, the bike has to take some blame too.

2A is only for up to 400 cc, that means you can go for the MP3 400, but for the 500cc fuoco, you'll need a class 2.

Good luck for your 2A test!

Went to book my MP3 400 two days after passing my 2A test.

Apparently I got the last piece at Piaggio until the next shipment arrives.

Maroon in colour, just what I wanted.

Man, the anticipation is killing me!:sweat:

steady bro, once you land ur hands on ur bike, you'll be clicking milage after milage, believe me.......

can the underseat storage put 2 FF helmet? Too bad no 2A if not I would have bought 400 MP3. Upz

Class 2B: 11 May 2001 | Class 2A: 06 Oct 2009 | Class 2: 21 Dec 2010

Class 3 : 26 Sep 2003 | Forklift Licence: 06 Dec 2005

2001-2001 : Honda NSR SP 150

2002-2002 : Honda XR 200

2005-2005 : Honda Wave 125S

2006-2006 : Honda TA200

2008-2010 : Gilera VXR 200

2011-2014 : Honda Cbr 600

2014-Current: Yamaha FZ1S

2010-Current: Kia Picanto OPC

Read this from other MP3 forum, this could be the new MP3 facelift.

a) New front with Fuoco side signals & fog light

b) 250iE comes with 14" wheels

c) Foot brake on the right leg area

d) the front wheels are wider apart than current model

e) extended back rest for rear passenger

Also mentioned that in Germany & Netherlands that they can ride using car license....no need Class liao 2:) :cool:

MP3_new facelift.jpg

MP3_new facelift2.jpg

MP3_new facelift1.jpg

Went to book my MP3 400 two days after passing my 2A test.

Apparently I got the last piece at Piaggio until the next shipment arrives.

Maroon in colour, just what I wanted.

Man, the anticipation is killing me!:sweat:

Here is one maroon with the original top box for you!

mp3_rear_side_3_169.jpg

mp3_rear_side_506.jpg

MP3_17.jpg

img_0139_862.jpg