SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Piaggio MP3 Cafe 2009

CCK

thanks man!!!

is there any gathering coming up,

i have wave outing last time, dont know if i have a chance with mp3 outing!!

just asking roughly how much for full tank

So far I've never been to any mp3 outings and about the ''how much for full tank?'', i bet you are refering to the price right.... anyway, i pump about 9 litres whenever mine reaches reserve and I dun pump till full though. And it comes to about 9 litres multiplies by whatever the current price of petrol.....

http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/ww45/blackpiper/YNWA2.jpg

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys! jux wanna ask a noob question, have anyone try gng down a kerb on his mp3? will the bike topple? since there is two wheels in front. Also, if your bike is on uneven road, both front wheels will not be on the same height on the ground. lets say 1 wheel on high ground 1 wheel on low ground, what is the max diff both wheels can go?

**only 1 img allowed in signature***

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2630/32/27/667979715/n667979715_1625216_481751.jpg

hi guys! jux wanna ask a noob question, have anyone try gng down a kerb on his mp3? will the bike topple? since there is two wheels in front. Also, if your bike is on uneven road, both front wheels will not be on the same height on the ground. lets say 1 wheel on high ground 1 wheel on low ground, what is the max diff both wheels can go?

Tried going down a kerb and it can be done with ease but let say at an angle, i dun really quite know coz never tried before. And about the height difference, that's really chim man..... I believe I saw a pic of an mp3 sometime back which was parked alongside a kerb with one wheel up on it and the other on the road...... anyway, why do you ask about this......

Tried going down a kerb and it can be done with ease but let say at an angle, i dun really quite know coz never tried before. And about the height difference, that's really chim man..... I believe I saw a pic of an mp3 sometime back which was parked alongside a kerb with one wheel up on it and the other on the road...... anyway, why do you ask about this......

Oh coz my area here too many bikes, parking lotes limited so half of the time have to park on kerbs

http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v2630/32/27/667979715/n667979715_1625216_481751.jpg

The answer is a very big difference in the height of the two wheels is possible. More than you can use if you're talking about one wheel on the kerb.

so when gng down kerbs, is it possible to go down 1 wheel after the other? will peng anot? thought of getting one man.

so when gng down kerbs, is it possible to go down 1 wheel after the other? will peng anot? thought of getting one man.

when the first wheel get off the kerb the front of your bike will dip slightly, around half the kerb's height. when the other wheel get off the kerb the front end will dip another half-kerb's height. it won't topple unless you have the tilt lock on and you are pushing your bike instead of riding it off the kerb.

the height difference between the two front wheels is a lot, probably more than 10 inches. so if you have one wheel on the road and one on a kerb that's 10" high, the bike can still be upright.

when the first wheel get off the kerb the front of your bike will dip slightly, around half the kerb's height. when the other wheel get off the kerb the front end will dip another half-kerb's height. it won't topple unless you have the tilt lock on and you are pushing your bike instead of riding it off the kerb.

the height difference between the two front wheels is a lot, probably more than 10 inches. so if you have one wheel on the road and one on a kerb that's 10" high, the bike can still be upright.

Wow! that solve my worries of the MP3! Will drop by piaggio one of these days, very tempting to change one....

have not tried going down "sideways" (don't exactly know what you mean) but i try to avoid going off the kerb too parallel to the road. you can scrape the suspension struts on the kerb on your way down. best is to go down both wheels together or at least point the wheels out towards the road before rolling it off the kerb.

hi mp3 riders,

can i ask how do you secure your bike in malaysia??

because i love touring and considering fazer 6 or mp3 400, i like mp3 for the comfort and extra wheel, but how to lock it??(btw is there immobilizer ? )

usually i will lock the swingarm of my bike.

good good ~~ that means the only way to steal it is by carrying it away ,which weights 240kg?? :angel:

Dont be surprised if even an mp3 at 240kg could be stolen (by whatever means)..... we are talking about parking bikes across the causeway. Anything can happen up there.

guys guys, i will be taking mine on this friday!! :cheeky:

3 days ago, i saw a guy riding with glasses, mp3 sky blue at bishan with his girlfriend, wondering he is anyone in forum??

Good for you dude...hope to see you on de road:thumb:

yup. how many seconds have you tried? i saw some Youtube videos and they show the speedo just climb and climb and i guess it's around 6 seconds for the 400. i've not tried it personally though.

I have always most of the time been shooting off to 100km/h or way past that speed but didnt think of actually timing. I think i will try to time next time ard.... and will update here once i get it done....

3 days ago, i saw a guy riding with glasses, mp3 sky blue at bishan with his girlfriend, wondering he is anyone in forum??

was that guy a little plump and dark? i know my ex-colleague visits his brother in Bishan quite reguarly, and that "girlfriend" is actually his wife.

guys guys, i will be taking mine on this friday!! :cheeky:

Spend some time on the internet and read some reviews on the bike so you won't freak out when you collect your bike. Don't just read about its bells and whistles but more like how it feels and handles. Tip: Don't use the tilt lock on the road during the first week, except when parking it. Good to know where the switch is and how to work it but get used to the bike first. It is heavy and if you accidentally lock it at an angle, be prepared for a nasty surprise as soon as you unlock it. Practice coming to a stop and hitting the tilt lock when there are no cars around, and only after you have familiarised yourself with the bike. Good luck!

By the way I saw a light blue MP3 250 at AS Phoon's branch in Serangoon. Don't suppose it's yours? There's also a silver 400cc version and a gorgeous matt black Fuoco too!

was that guy a little plump and dark? i know my ex-colleague visits his brother in Bishan quite reguarly, and that "girlfriend" is actually his wife.

Spend some time on the internet and read some reviews on the bike so you won't freak out when you collect your bike. Don't just read about its bells and whistles but more like how it feels and handles. Tip: Don't use the tilt lock on the road during the first week, except when parking it. Good to know where the switch is and how to work it but get used to the bike first. It is heavy and if you accidentally lock it at an angle, be prepared for a nasty surprise as soon as you unlock it. Practice coming to a stop and hitting the tilt lock when there are no cars around, and only after you have familiarised yourself with the bike. Good luck!

By the way I saw a light blue MP3 250 at AS Phoon's branch in Serangoon. Don't suppose it's yours? There's also a silver 400cc version and a gorgeous matt black Fuoco too!

ya the guy abit plump.

ya the sky blue u saw, is mine on friday, the silver one 400cc i heard is a uncle riding, (bring the uncle to our cafe)

2 wheeler thanks for the guide, i will take note thanks!!!

can bring my little blue to NBW2008, go look see look see.

anyone going? so i can stay together (same breed) haha!

I wonder if the inspection centres are ready for the MP3 next year, assuming the first one hit the roads here in 2006. How're they gonna test the front brakes and how are they going to clamp the front wheels to test the rear?

Oh my, now how in the world i miss on that part?