SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Queries on 2nd Hand VFR

Fire

Hi snowparang,

I'm looking for a VTEC model.

Yup, I've checked with Bike Prod.

Was quoted 22k OTR for Boon Siew bike..

A friend of mine was quote by bp 20k w/o side box otr around august

guess the coe really impact the price

In the end he bough from Mah motor at 22k with oem side case at 22k instead

Good Luck in searching

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck in searching

Ya, I think the COE really had an impact on the prices.

22k quoted was without side case...

Loois quoted me 19.8k without insurance and I guess without side case too.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Good Luck in searching

Ya, I think the COE really had an impact on the prices.

22k quoted was without side case...

Loois quoted me 19.8k without insurance and I guess without side case too.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

For Boon Siew bike, it is normal for the bike price to be higher unless it's a parallel import. I got my parallel OTR at $20600 in April from De Xing when COE was about $1100. My insurance (for a 34 yr old) was about $900 cos I had to start a new policy. No transfer of NCD. That too, I still think that BP's price is better. Only reason I got it from De Xing was because they took my Blackbird back at a high price.

I think that most bike companies do not want to import VFR parallel anymore due to lack of demand. My parallel was "high-jacked" from a consignment heading elsewhere. RaVon, you might resign yourself to getting a new Boon Siew Viffer if you can't find a 2nd hand elsewhere. But at least you have some sort of warranty and future discounts on servicing.

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Congrats on your Viffer ownership Leslie. But like loufu said, do resist the temptation lest we wanna see another post in the Legalities thread asking for help... Hahahahaha!!

Don't worry about the weight of the bike. You'll get used to it. A trick of low speed maneuvre with a heavy bike is to shift your weight to your buttocks and thighs, leaving the handlebars light.... Your arms/hands will not get tired. And yeah..... No slippers or sandals please....

oh yea of course i wont. I rented a wave to tide thru this period muahahaha. No worries bro, i know the severity of it. Am only riding it through the carparks to at least keep the battery charging and engine running every 3 or 4 days, too busy during weekdays to even go entertain thoughts of riding it.

Wha just how to you shift your weight to your buttocks? haha btw any of you bros here have top box mounted on ur viffer? I know its stupid lar, but i'm a practical person lol. Gonna add in side panniers later on too!

Oh yea, i usually ride with riding boots yea, nvr slippers, the slackest is sandals.

Super Motard ----> Sports Tourer

Support The Yellow Ribbon Project And Help Unlock The Second Prison :p

Yup, the coe are now killing us.

Before getting the viffer, i was set on getting the 2008 GS650 from loois but some family prob happened and thus somebody bought the bike before me.

After that i went around looking for bikes Fazer1, TDM900 and VFR and all quoted me inhumane prices at 20k or so. Largely due to the 1889 COE price Sianed.....

Not to mention the jacked up insurance quotations........:giddy:

Shifting weight is like lightening the load on your hands by sitting in a more upright position and transfering your weight to your thighs and buttocks. Your steering will be lighter when you're not putting on a lot of weight on the handlebars. After a few rides, you'll get what we mean....

oh yea of course i wont. I rented a wave to tide thru this period muahahaha. No worries bro, i know the severity of it. Am only riding it through the carparks to at least keep the battery charging and engine running every 3 or 4 days, too busy during weekdays to even go entertain thoughts of riding it.

Wha just how to you shift your weight to your buttocks? haha btw any of you bros here have top box mounted on ur viffer? I know its stupid lar, but i'm a practical person lol. Gonna add in side panniers later on too!

Oh yea, i usually ride with riding boots yea, nvr slippers, the slackest is sandals.

I have a 48L rear top box on my viffer. I know it looks a bit ugly (it takes away the sporty look of the viffer), but no choice... I am a practical person, plus, I cannot bring helmets home, so got to have box to keeep my two helmets. :)

Honda Phantom TA200, FV5349A (19/04/2005 - 28/06/2006)

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1, FS6537H (28/06/2006 - 13/02/2007)

Yamaha FJR1300 ABS, FBB661H (13/02/2007 - 31/05/2008)

Honda VFR800 ABS, FBB 404 J (31/05/2008 - 15/08/2009)

ADIVA AD 200, FBD 36 C (15/08/2009 - 13/05/2010, 1430hrs)

Yamaha FZ6N, FBA 7274 B (13/05/2010, 1430hrs - 03/05/2016, 1840hrs)

Yamaha FZ8, FBF 61*9 T (07/05/2016, 1130hrs - )

I have a 48L rear top box on my viffer. I know it looks a bit ugly (it takes away the sporty look of the viffer), but no choice... I am a practical person, plus, I cannot bring helmets home, so got to have box to keeep my two helmets. :)

Yea same here man. I'm thinking of putting up a Hepco Becker Jnr 45L topbox cus its cheaper than the V46 from Givi. There is also a 48L coocase which is also in the 300plus range, but the USP of that coocase is the alarm built into the box.

Thank blackbandit, yea maybe will get what you mean when i start riding it. Muahahaha

Yea same here man. I'm thinking of putting up a Hepco Becker Jnr 45L topbox cus its cheaper than the V46 from Givi. There is also a 48L coocase which is also in the 300plus range, but the USP of that coocase is the alarm built into the box.

Thank blackbandit, yea maybe will get what you mean when i start riding it. Muahahaha

hahaha... Yeah... I am using the 48L coocase...

The other time I went to 219 Bike Shop at Lavendar Street, they quoted me S$300 too. But they said at that time, got promotion, trade in any box (I traded in my cheapo LTD 40L box) for S$150, so I got my 48L coocase for only S$150. :)

But I am not sure whether they still got that promotion now.

If you are not sure where is the 219 Bike Shop I am talking, I can bring there. :)

But I think no need, perhaps you already know, cos that Bike123 shop along Lavendar is very famous, they are carrying the MHR helmets. :)

Oh... Forgot to mention. Mine is the box without the alarm...

P.S. : You guys don't come to try to pry open my box with screw-drivers, now that you all know my box has no alram... heehee... :angel:

JUST KIDDING ONLY... NO OFFENCE INTENDED...

Have a wonderful wet Sunday afternoon to all... :)

hahaha... Yeah... I am using the 48L coocase...

The other time I went to 219 Bike Shop at Lavendar Street, they quoted me S$300 too. But they said at that time, got promotion, trade in any box (I traded in my cheapo LTD 40L box) for S$150, so I got my 48L coocase for only S$150. :)

But I am not sure whether they still got that promotion now.

If you are not sure where is the 219 Bike Shop I am talking, I can bring there. :)

But I think no need, perhaps you already know, cos that Bike123 shop along Lavendar is very famous, they are carrying the MHR helmets. :)

Hmmm how is the coocase box huh, sturdy enough at high speeds? haha How much is your rack too?

Bro snowparang, heck the ugliness lar. Practicality rules over aesthetics. I'm thinking of the h&b 45l box, cus at least when i sell off my viffer, i can still transfer the box over. I'm too used to a box liao, havin no box now, i'll feel crippled. and oh yea the bigger the box the better!! Heard Givi released the 55l Maxia liao muahaha. It gotta be blinking huge man.

Hmmm how is the coocase box huh, sturdy enough at high speeds? haha How much is your rack too?

Hi, angeldogleslie,

My personal view, I find the box quite hardy and good. However, the box has no rear brake lights functions.

I haven't used a Givi box before but have seen and feel my friend's Givi box on his Super 4.

I find that they are about the same.

As for H&B, I can't compare as I have not physically feel the box yet. :)

When I buy the box, the base-plate of the box came with it.

As the viffer rack, think I paid around S$190 for it when I bought my bike from one of the motor-shops along Bukit Merah Lane (an " A*-*-* " motor-shop). At first the boss said no stock, but I told I die die need to have a box for my ride, so he called other shops and asked for me. In the end, he found one pair of the racks in one the shos along the small lanes near to Regina. I can't remember the name of the shop, but think I still remember how to go to the shop along that smal lane... :)

OH YES ppl. I've passed with flying colours. Muahahaha

Ride is damn great but its damn hot lar, prolly cus i'm damn slow with the bike now. 6 issues i noticed with the bike.

1. Before i can go any faster with it, I will needa adjust the clutch further inwards at a mechanics (i fiddled with the clutch lever thingy liao, but its still too far).

2. I noticed a flat spot at around 4krpm but i think a 330 ohm resistor will resolve the issue but i'm not sure how to go about doing it.

3. I need a box desperately, its damn cool lar without a top box, think i will reluctantly install one. Most prob hepco and becker muahaha.

4. My headlights seems to be flickering slightly but when engine is rev-ed, it seems to light up abit more, not sure if all Viffers are like this, but it is definitely different from my DRZSM, more like those 2b bikes. But of course its just slightly.

5. Anyway i'm exploring to put in 100watt headlights, though i know the originals are 55watt each, not sure if the lights are gonna melt the reflectors. But i do know, it will definitely squeeze the battery more when starting the engine. Will probably try to do a headlight switch before i throw in the 100watt headlights.

6. My rear brakes is terribly weak, is it a generic problem with the viffer or issit mine? Doesnt look like worn brake pads to me, maybe need a rebleed?

Ride is damn great but its damn hot lar, prolly cus i'm damn slow with the bike now. 6 issues i noticed with the bike.

3. I need a box desperately, its damn cool lar without a top box, think i will reluctantly install one. Most prob hepco and becker muahaha.

6. My rear brakes is terribly weak, is it a generic problem with the viffer or issit mine? Doesnt look like worn brake pads to me, maybe need a rebleed?

3. Why not go for the panniers? I thought that's one of the top 5 reason why anyone buy a VFR VTEC?

6. On mine it is quite 'strong' cos it activates the front brakes as well. However it is very weak as I almost fail inspection (the rear brake test....gotta jam damn hard).

Email guay_hansen @hotmail.com

My blog at snowparang.blogdrive.com

http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/79866156/medium.jpg http://www.pbase.com/snowparang/image/95749015/original.jpg

3. Why not go for the panniers? I thought that's one of the top 5 reason why anyone buy a VFR VTEC?

6. On mine it is quite 'strong' cos it activates the front brakes as well. However it is very weak as I almost fail inspection (the rear brake test....gotta jam damn hard).

I figured the problem liao.

My rear brakes has some oil in it lar, the ex-owner or the ex-ex-owner when he/she installed the scottoiler, didnt install carefully. Now theres oil all over the rear wheel and on the brake pads. Hence the lousy braking.

Oh will be installing panniers but a top box first. Panniers would cost be 1.1k man, it tot i should just do up the rest of the bike first den buy panniers haha.

The side boxes are why the viffer looks so cool, anything else and it is ugly.

4. My headlights seems to be flickering slightly but when engine is rev-ed, it seems to light up abit more, not sure if all Viffers are like this, but it is definitely different from my DRZSM, more like those 2b bikes. But of course its just slightly.

Dont have that problem, mabe you need to change your battery?

5. Anyway i'm exploring to put in 100watt headlights, though i know the originals are 55watt each, not sure if the lights are gonna melt the reflectors. But i do know, it will definitely squeeze the battery more when starting the engine. Will probably try to do a headlight switch before i throw in the 100watt headlights.

Err.. that sounds like overtaxing your wiring system.

Compared to the front brakes guess that is so. Felt the same way, but passed inspection just recently, so guess should not be an issue.

Enjoy the ride. Me, begining to enjoy the ride more now. Only thing is that I kind of like a scramber, as can mount the kerbs much easier and park quickly... haha... other then that, the viffer with the side boxes is great.

OH YES ppl. I've passed with flying colours.

1. vfr headlight is damn f#$%@&g bright. why would anyone need anything brighter??!?

2. front brakes, front brakes, front brakes. on the link brakes, i'm not sure there's a need to use it, other than just tapping it.

i think what you need is a) change battery, and b) bleed brake fluid.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

Better get yr battries check.. Install a voltmeter....

100watts bulb gonna invite some problems...

High chance of frying ur connector and wiring ( seen life examples) The harness is not CHEAP.

Also creating public nuisances....Maybe u might find some cars and bikes wanna disturb u...:faint:

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b250/anodise5757/project57/Hornbulbfoggiesbanner2013_zps6e758ef1.jpg

Click Here --> <CMO> Premium Products - HELLA, Philips & Osram

haha thanks for the input, i am gonna install a volt meter very soon, any idea what the readings should be for a healthy battery?

13.5++ when idling/reving?

12.++ when all electrics are at "on"?

The funny thing is the bike can crank start without any problems leh. Just that the headlight and the monitor's light (speedo, tacho and odo) will flicker to the idling of the bike haha.

PS - Roy, sorry to dissapoint you but i installed a ugly HnB top box for now. hahaha, will be buying the side panniers soon! After the bike if fully done up.