SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Queries on 2nd Hand VFR

Fire

3. I need a box desperately, its damn cool lar without a top box, think i will reluctantly install one. Most prob hepco and becker muahaha.

The side boxes are why the viffer looks so cool, anything else and it is ugly.

not really true for all viffer shd install panniers.. coz for my 5th gen, if install panniers then my GPR exhaust = non existance.. :cheeky:

1. vfr headlight is damn f#$%@&g bright. why would anyone need anything brighter??!?

damn true, coz i have been flashed by the on-coming vehicle when i stop for red lights for quite a few times coz my headlights too bright.. haha

http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leslie,

The volmeter should cost you about $80 and HKL has a special casing for it. But do note that the voltmeter is not waterproof but nothing the casing and some liquid gasket wouldn't solve.

Also, floppy is right. The stock bulbs are already friggin bright. So my wife complained when she drove in front of me.

For the panniers, I did see one set of Givi V35 (Blue) available at Motoworld a few weeks. They quoted me $1030 for it. Perhaps you wanna check it out?

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

Leslie,

The volmeter should cost you about $80 and HKL has a special casing for it. But do note that the voltmeter is not waterproof but nothing the casing and some liquid gasket wouldn't solve.

Also, floppy is right. The stock bulbs are already friggin bright. So my wife complained when she drove in front of me.

For the panniers, I did see one set of Givi V35 (Blue) available at Motoworld a few weeks. They quoted me $1030 for it. Perhaps you wanna check it out?

Hi

Yup i brought a volt meter at half the price man, I'm only worried and yet curious with regards to my weird flickering lighting. Probably once i install the voltmeter, i will know if my battery/R/R's time is up.

Yea after see the responses, i dun think will go mess with the lighting haha. The side panniers are not an issue now lar, most prob i would want to finish doing up the bike first before i do these stuff.

ITS RAINING PERPETUALLY EVERYDAY!! :offtopic:

Super Motard ----> Sports Tourer

Support The Yellow Ribbon Project And Help Unlock The Second Prison :p

• 1 month later...
anyone know of the history of a balck viffer from asp. saw it in the website. keen on getting one :) wat do u look out for in a 2nd hand viffer?

Nothing much. Just look out for signs of any major spills. Look at th front forks. Also, test the electrics of the bike. Should start with a single push of the starter. Honda bikes are infamous for burning up rectifiers & starter relay units.

Aside from that, the bike's bulletproof....

"Keep your friends close but your enemies closer"

anyone know of the history of a balck viffer from asp. saw it in the website. keen on getting one :) wat do u look out for in a 2nd hand viffer?

btw , whats e plate no.?

does it have sliders thru e fairing ?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

" People are like Motorcycles ; Each is customized a bit differently " c",)

Excel cycle has advertised 2 units in last sat's classifieds , maybe u can go down take a look .

sorry for e back-dated post.

both SOLD.

one to non-forumer Bro Ishak n e other one is now mine.

http://www.excelcycle.com.sg/sales_history_detail.php?id=66

:angel:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...

View mine and make an offer.

20 years of riding:-

Bikes:

1986 - Yamaha RX100

1987 - Yamaha LC125

1988 - Yamaha LC350

1989 - Yamaha FZ400

1991 - Yamaha FZ750

1995 - Suzuki GSXR750

1997 - Kawasaki ZXR750K2 (race bike)

2002 - Yamaha FZR1000

2003 - Honda VFR800Fi

What's next?

Cars:

1996 - Nissan 100FA

1997 - Hyundai Elantra

1998 - Honda Civic

2001 - Toyota Corona

2002 - Renault Scenic

2004 - Toyota Picnic

bike shop normally hard to find such oldie bike - they more likely to have the usual sport bikes but prices will be higher !! loufu , selling your bike - it is one of the better ones - chrome rims- engine is great - me have got a SP 1 VTR now

no lar me not sellin yet, very tempted to downgrade abit... but very very reluctant to let go such a gd bike...

haha.. ya, i saw ur post in VTR thread... din noe u really bought it, u only mention abit abt tat bike to me the last time we met up... how isit compare to VFR? saw an ang moh sold his VTR not long ago, very gd price sia.. too bad i m lookin to dwngrade n not upgrade... :sian:

PS: if got time i drop by ur place to see see touch touch ur SP1 ok? lol..

Edited by loufu
http://forum.geizhals.at/files/2455/Vfr_logo.jpg

FBB11** plate 06 selling for 15K reasonable??

mine with FBC6**6D supposely the original plate FZ801Y '05 .

bought aruond end Sep '08 - early Oct '08 @ S$15K + a year insurance ,

half year road tax.

btw which shop you went to ?

btw , if im not wrong , VFR depreciation is about

Edited by sino74

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The prob with getting a 5th genner is that 1, the resale value is rather poor and since the money one gets for the sale is so low, many like me andme pals rather just keep the bike. 2, the 5th genner is a gem and for the low price, its a diamond.

So good luck in yr search, when you find it, grab it. Then do a lot of polishing.

!

Ride with the Lord

• 2 weeks later...