SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Impulse GSX 400

Zon

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

changed the brake pads on the front of the Impulse. service the calipers as well.

freaking dirty, lots of dust. probably due to the brake pads previously used and it never was serviced when i took over.

no matter, cleaned it up, greased the brackets and installed the new AP Racing organic pads inside. still breaking in but feels better already.

also cleaned the rear brake as its SUPER FREAKING DIRTY, lots of dust was blown out with the air compressor when the mechanic used it.

also bled the brake lines and changed the EO.

the impulse seems to be eating EO abit.........ever since i took it to Kulai for a short trip and opened it up to 170km/h. will monitor and report back.

preparing for the big 200,000km service as well. that will probably occur in a few more month. probably august or sept. lots of thing to change then.

Plugs, air, oil filter, EO, cam chain, valve clearance, cam shaft, clutch plates, etc etc.....

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

Guest blakerobinson

How to temper chocolate

An good way to temper chocolate is in heat resistant glass in an oven at about 150-170 degrees. Just chop the chocolate and put into the glass bowl and put into the oven. Stir with a wooden spoon on occassion until all the crystals are dissolved and the chocolate is smooth. Remove from the oven and cool to the appropriate 85-88 degrees, you can test this with a dairy thermometer, and then use to dip premade centers. The benefit of tempering chocolate in the oven is that you cannot accidentally incorporate water into the chocolate, which is easy to do with a double boiler. If water gets into your chocolate it will change the crystal structure on hardening and the chocolate will 'bloom' which means white spots and streaks will appear. These cause the chocolate not to look as good, and makes the texture more chalky.

If your chocolates develop 'feet' when they are put onto a drying surface, it means the chocolate is sluffing off the center and pooling around it, then the chocolate is still too warm. Particularly when dipping truffles or very soft centers you need to make sure your chocolate is cool enough or it will start melting the center instead of coating it.

Source:http://www.dudool.com

Guest blakerobinson

How to temper chocolate

An good way to temper chocolate is in heat resistant glass in an oven at about 150-170 degrees. Just chop the chocolate and put into the glass bowl and put into the oven. Stir with a wooden spoon on occassion until all the crystals are dissolved and the chocolate is smooth. Remove from the oven and cool to the appropriate 85-88 degrees, you can test this with a dairy thermometer, and then use to dip premade centers. The benefit of tempering chocolate in the oven is that you cannot accidentally incorporate water into the chocolate, which is easy to do with a double boiler. If water gets into your chocolate it will change the crystal structure on hardening and the chocolate will 'bloom' which means white spots and streaks will appear. These cause the chocolate not to look as good, and makes the texture more chalky.

If your chocolates develop 'feet' when they are put onto a drying surface, it means the chocolate is sluffing off the center and pooling around it, then the chocolate is still too warm. Particularly when dipping truffles or very soft centers you need to make sure your chocolate is cool enough or it will start melting the center instead of coating it.

Source:http://www.dudool.com

ONe more month to go for COE renewal.... Checked with LTA bike can be renewed for another 10 yrs. Bike works like a charm feel sad to scrap it as no money to renew. End of June will be scrapping the bike. Great Bike great performance. If anyone instrested to take up ownership will be glad to think otherwise.

ONe more month to go for COE renewal.... Checked with LTA bike can be renewed for another 10 yrs. Bike works like a charm feel sad to scrap it as no money to renew. End of June will be scrapping the bike. Great Bike great performance. If anyone instrested to take up ownership will be glad to think otherwise.

sell la. btw, if scrapping for parts, let me know. i wanna take some for myself.

bro...wat bike u scrapping?

he rides an impulse as well.

sell the pulsar?

Traced the source of oil leak, seems to be coming from behind the water pump or the oil pan, probably gasket needs changing.

getting it checked tomorrow.

sell the pulsar?

Traced the source of oil leak, seems to be coming from behind the water pump or the oil pan, probably gasket needs changing.

getting it checked tomorrow.

update: oil level is inconsistent, can be high, can be low. must be old bike quirk. so no issues.

Edited by CSV

traced the leak. coming from the water pump.

will be sending to ah chong to fix. hopefully thats the last i'll see of the tiny oil leak.

ok I decided to keep the bike. Shelved the idea of owning a pulsar. Going down to LTA next month as they accept Diners club card.

good idea! its worth keeping.

I'm selling mine off though, got my class 2 yesterday. but downgrading to rs125. wanna try a small 2 stroker for fun.

those interseted can pm me.

can refer to this thread for all the restoration i have done to mine.

went down to ah ahn to check out what they got.

pretty damn well stocked. all sorts of bike parts. but its very dirty, which is expected.

got myself the chrome air cleaner cover, since 1 of mine broke off. got the original squarish signal lights and the mainstand.

might be going to bike fabricator to get him to fix the mainstand since it doesnt fit even though its from an impulse as well......weird.

dude CSV, where is this bike fabricator located? Saw that you got your main stand fixed by them. My main stand had sheared off a year back got to fix it back. Sad, that you plan to sell off your impulse. Thanks to many of the suggestions and ideas you and S750w keep giving on this thread. I am renewing my COE and get some minor fixes done for replacing the tyres, chain/sprocket, replace battery, replace fuel and air filter, fix ReV meter the old one has not been working from the day I bought. I have spent less than 1000 dollars for the minor fixes in the last 4 years.should pull through easily for 1 more year without any problems. This old workhorse is very reliable and costs so low on maintenance. Hope and wish you keep your bike too. Cheers

thank you bro CSV. Lucky I held on to the side stand and I can get it fixed. BTW, how much did it cost you for fixing this? Where did you get your chain and sprocket fixed, was it at planet? Cheers CSV thanks for all the help.... You are an Impulse man.

the welding is about 50 bucks. chain and sprocket i did at planet.

don't get the chain from KS, just the front and rear sprocket. get the DID chain is better quality.

project bike mah, restore liao sell. move to next project.

it's been a fun and interesting time with the Impulse. I learnt alot about bike mechanics and stuff. And it's a good reliable ride, just looking for something more exciting. Despite the fact i just got Class 2, i will still stick with the Impulse cause 400cc just nice for Singapore to use. If not for the sudden urge to try a sportsbike....

new seat cover done by Eugene.

he's a pro in what he does. absolute care, detail and workmanship into every seat he makes. had a nice chat with him about bikes, his business and stuff.

previous seat has already sagged and uncomfortable. the new one is firm and nice.

also sent my suspension to be rebuilt at BikeLab. finally found his shop open after so long. his first comments were how the heck can i ride with such shitty suspension. the front was also too soft.

Apparently he's right. after fitting s4 shocks as temporary replacement, the bike feels totally differnet. so much more solid in riding and absorbing the road vibration, cornering is also more stable.

can't wait to see the rebuilt suspension and uprated springs. combined with the new fork springs up front and seat, should be one hell of a ride.

No longer selling the Impulse. keeping it and using the extra cash to continue improving it here and there.

the welding is about 50 bucks. chain and sprocket i did at planet.

don't get the chain from KS, just the front and rear sprocket. get the DID chain is better quality.

Thanks CSV, got it. I will just get the sprockets from KS and get the chain (DID) through Planet. Cheers.

new seat cover done by Eugene.

he's a pro in what he does. absolute care, detail and workmanship into every seat he makes. had a nice chat with him about bikes, his business and stuff.

previous seat has already sagged and uncomfortable. the new one is firm and nice.

also sent my suspension to be rebuilt at BikeLab. finally found his shop open after so long. his first comments were how the heck can i ride with such shitty suspension. the front was also too soft.

Apparently he's right. after fitting s4 shocks as temporary replacement, the bike feels totally differnet. so much more solid in riding and absorbing the road vibration, cornering is also more stable.

can't wait to see the rebuilt suspension and uprated springs. combined with the new fork springs up front and seat, should be one hell of a ride.

No longer selling the Impulse. keeping it and using the extra cash to continue improving it here and there.

ha ha nice to hear that bro....glad to know you too decided to keep the impulse. Yeah this bike is just right for Singapore.. I also have a class 2 license and this bike is just great for fun riding too.

@batliwala free to meet up? i'm organising an impulse meet just for general knowledge sharing.

we ride rare bikes so i think its important to just keep in touch in case any rider needs help.