SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Impulse GSX 400

Zon

my bike is back in shape now.... after renewal of COE got the air filter, oil filter and engine oil changed. Engine overheating still seemed to be a problem. Got the bike shop in Yishun to change the flush out the coolant and replace with new. This time the bike mechanic was good and experienced, diagnosed the problem to be radiator cap and tuned the idling speed. Wow, the bike was back in shape. Smooth as before giving me 25 kmpl at speed of 100-120kmph.

Lol the bike was ready to tease the CB 400's on the road ha ha ha....

you can install a switch to manually turn on the radiator fan like mine. i turn it on all the time instead of letting the engine temp control the radiator fan. no problems with overheating.

can look for @S750WP to help you with it. he's also good with fixing the bike and charges cheaper than shops.

good job. you need to pay attention to the bike's parts once in awhile. its old so will have small problems come up here and there.

mine is all ok already. all the parts that needed changing has been changed.

only thing left is to bully the super 4s on the road. lol.

February 2011 - March 2012 = Phantom TA 200

March 2012 - August 2013 = Suzuki Impulse 400

Present = BMW (Bus, MRT, Walk)

922913_10151689291867959_1156170833_n.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

paid a visit to Ah Chong to replace my rear brake as it is constantly screeching. also went to get the rear brake switch fixed as ah chong forgot to connect the spring the last time he installed the new master cyclinder.

turns out the screeching was because of the brake dust, blew it clean with the airgun, and didnt need to change the brakes as there was about 50 percent left.

got the brake lights fixed and the brake lever adjusted.

will be moving soon so looking to sell the Impulse very soon. Interested parties can pm me.

changed rear brake pads as old ones are ending their life soon.

better braking performance from the rear too, less screeching.

unfortunately, the 1st bad news occur today on the way to work. was riding behind one of those damned lorries when one of those stones flew out and hit the tank.

now there's a minor dent about the size of a 20cent coin. no chipped paint, clear coat still there. just a shallow dent........on my 6 months old paint job.........damn lorries.

you can install a switch to manually turn on the radiator fan like mine. i turn it on all the time instead of letting the engine temp control the radiator fan. no problems with overheating.

can look for @S750WP to help you with it. he's also good with fixing the bike and charges cheaper than shops.

good job. you need to pay attention to the bike's parts once in awhile. its old so will have small problems come up here and there.

mine is all ok already. all the parts that needed changing has been changed.

only thing left is to bully the super 4s on the road. lol.

oh no where are you moving? Learnt so many things about this bike here. I just crossed 100000 Km on my speed, and I am not sure this is the first cycle or the 2nd cycle. When I took over the bike the reading was at 68K and in 4 yrs time I did another 32K+ on the total mileage. I still have a few more things to do on the bike. I gotta to fix back the centre stand, go to go soon to the bike fabricator you recommended. Plus I am looking for a replacement RPM meter, and those bulbs you mentioned for the indicator lights + temp+ headlight. Will go to to KS motor to check on these, but the uncle over there is hard of understanding simple english. Hopefully I find those light bulbs and then I will fix an appointment with SW750 to fix these + put the radiator fan switch might come in handy. Yesterday gave a the chase to a MF white car SJX 5588 E would have knocked me down, sucker over took me at 140+ from my left, luckily I pulled off in the last second seeing the headlights glaring instantly on my rear view. Luckily my bike was in great shape and gave this guy a chase to note down his license plate number. Currently seeing a lot of these road ragers creating havoc on the road and it gets worse nearing the Singapore F1 race. Suckers will end up killing innocent road users for no fault of their. Thinking of investing on a helmet camera to catch and report them to LTA after seeing a street racing clip on Youtube in KPE tunnel ha..

oh no where are you moving? Learnt so many things about this bike here. I just crossed 100000 Km on my speed, and I am not sure this is the first cycle or the 2nd cycle. When I took over the bike the reading was at 68K and in 4 yrs time I did another 32K+ on the total mileage. I still have a few more things to do on the bike. I gotta to fix back the centre stand, go to go soon to the bike fabricator you recommended. Plus I am looking for a replacement RPM meter, and those bulbs you mentioned for the indicator lights + temp+ headlight. Will go to to KS motor to check on these, but the uncle over there is hard of understanding simple english. Hopefully I find those light bulbs and then I will fix an appointment with SW750 to fix these + put the radiator fan switch might come in handy. Yesterday gave a the chase to a MF white car SJX 5588 E would have knocked me down, sucker over took me at 140+ from my left, luckily I pulled off in the last second seeing the headlights glaring instantly on my rear view. Luckily my bike was in great shape and gave this guy a chase to note down his license plate number. Currently seeing a lot of these road ragers creating havoc on the road and it gets worse nearing the Singapore F1 race. Suckers will end up killing innocent road users for no fault of their. Thinking of investing on a helmet camera to catch and report them to LTA after seeing a street racing clip on Youtube in KPE tunnel ha..

if cannot understand uncle, ask him for the impulse 400 parts book. he has it. then jsut point whatever you want. lol.

its been fun learning and restoring the bike. i learnt alot. it still has power to overtake most cars and bikes on the road, so no need to upgrade also. pretty darn good bike. unique also! i will miss it man......

if cannot understand uncle, ask him for the impulse 400 parts book. he has it. then jsut point whatever you want. lol.

its been fun learning and restoring the bike. i learnt alot. it still has power to overtake most cars and bikes on the road, so no need to upgrade also. pretty darn good bike. unique also! i will miss it man......

thanks CSV.....will follow up the uncle at KS motor with the method you recommended .. Lol good one. Keep enjoying to ride this bike till you sell it cheers.

Hi guys, I have a new spare air filter from the previous owner. May I ask where the air filter is located on the Impulse? Do I need to remove a lot of stuff to access it?

Yamaha Power Valve, Suzuki scrambler, Honda Scrambler (1992 - 1998)

Suzuki Swift : 2001 - 2003

Honda City : 2003 - 2011

Honda Civic VTI : 2011 - 2015

Suzuki Impulse GSX400V 2014 - 2017, extend till Oct 2022 (Scrap in Nov 2020) 😢

Honda Vezel : 2015 - Nov 2025

hmm, you need to remove the tank.

the air filter is directly below the bracket where the 2 metal screws secure the tank to the bike. open up your seat and you will see it.

you need to remove the tank or jack it up if you are lazy to disconnect the fuel hoses.

then unscrew the bracket, you will see the circular air filter below. unscrew the 4 screws on each corner of the air filter and replace.

voila!

Thanks CSV. Will explore it next week during the long holiday.

Yamaha Power Valve, Suzuki scrambler, Honda Scrambler (1992 - 1998)

Suzuki Swift : 2001 - 2003

Honda City : 2003 - 2011

Honda Civic VTI : 2011 - 2015

Suzuki Impulse GSX400V 2014 - 2017, extend till Oct 2022 (Scrap in Nov 2020) 😢

Honda Vezel : 2015 - Nov 2025

• 2 weeks later...

bike has been tentatively sold.

it's been a great 1 year plus with the Impulse.

Unfortunately, circumstances means i have to let it go...like saying goodbye to a lover.

bike has been tentatively sold.

it's been a great 1 year plus with the Impulse.

Unfortunately, circumstances means i have to let it go...like saying goodbye to a lover.

bike sold.....

hope the new owner takes good care of it.

Oh yes he will :)

must be the newwww owner yo...hehe

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Hey there! Glad to have received a response :) do you also ride an Impulse?

nope im riding a bandit400.....similar to gsx400...ur riding an impulse?

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

Yea I took over CSV's Impulse! How's the Bandit? It's quite the rare bike too right?

Not reli common but u can still c it on the roads n carpaarks..coool congrats bro on ur new toy...!

Thanks man! Are the basi parts interchangeable? Btwn a bandit and an impulse? Cos I've seen a few abandoned bandits and was planning of 'borrowing' thinks like headlight and other stuff... :D

most likely yes...u can always drop by ah chong at planet or mr han at guang hoe suzuki autobay n ask them...

• 2 weeks later...