SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Dragstar

greatman

I'm a pround owner of a Dragstar. My petrol consumption however seems to be on the higher side. For $25, it will cover me approx. 160km. From my understand, choppers normally have good mileage. Care to add comments or recommend me any mechanics which is reasonable and good!!!!!!:help:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wohhh, for that same amount or what the tank can hold, 15L, it shld be able to go up to 300km or a lil' more with reserve. That's what my Dragstar is capable of.

Probably ur carburetor needs retuning and cleaning up and adjustment of ur tap pads. icemanX just enquired abt servicing and we strongle recommend Rosli! Coz I just went to him last Mon. Prob is, U need to let him diagnose ur bike and if it's gonna take a long time, he'll hafta arrange an appointment with U as he has quite a number of other bikes to finish off by the week end...

Pity him, working alone even with his assistant, he's got lots in his hands. U can lock on with icemanX and prolly get back to us if U really wanna go there.

Can't promise if Rosli is able to get to U guys fast coz U'll understand his plight when U see him working there.

regards,

EFFINA 4EVA!

http://blog.corporatelogos.ws/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/honda.jpg

Where is Rosli's workshop cause I'm staying in Tampines? Would definitely welcome the apportunity to get to know a good mechanic. The last mechanic that I went too said that my bike is in good condition. Well, as for me who have not been riding for almost 9 years, my knowledge of bikes has depleted quite a lot. DO you have any idea what it would cost me for the repair you've stated. Ohh, anyway thanks for your inputs. Trully apreciated.

Wait se minit. U riding dragstar 400cc or 1100cc?

Maybe the bigger one will consume that much lah. Maybe.

But 400cc cannot be one ah. If Rosli buzy try Bike & Scooter.

Look for Max the younger brother of the chief mechanic Apollo.

These guys are good. They use proper instrument to diagnose ur bike.

U can click their advert. in the main page of SporeBike.com

If u click their gallery, the guy sitting on the bmw bike is Max lah.

Mayb u can also sign up for their one day basic maintenance course also.

Only $48.

Fyi I was their student. After I take their course now i got confident to tweak my bike.

Check it out bro.

Bike n scooter

I'm riding a 400cc bike and thanks for the tip. Now it looks like I really need to check the bike as the bike at current moment does not look or feel like its having problem.

After checking out the link, you really make me want to join the course but will only be doing that next month. Anyway thanks bro for the info.

By the way, anyone knows where Rosli's workshop is located?

• 5 weeks later...

anyone recommend types or brands of front tyre that i could change to for dragstar ? Thanks :cheeky:

A New Rider A New Bike A New Hope ~!

~~TA200 Phantom custom 4 ~ 2004 to 2006

A old Rider , A old Bike but still A New Hope~!

~~Dragstar 4TR custom 2006 to 2007

A forgotten Rider, An old legend, A returned Hope~!

~~VMax12 2007 to 2007

A returned Rider, Another legend, forever hope~!

~~Shadow400 2009 ...

U can use Dunlop which is the recommended ones from Yamaha or Rosli has the Metzeler which I had intended to change to.

But as my rear uses Dunlop, I think I wanna get the same brand for both front and back.

Size is 100/90-19..

Price around $80+ - $90+ depending on the brand...

Originally posted by greatman@Aug 10 2006, 11:28 PM

I'm a pround owner of a Dragstar. My petrol consumption however seems to be on the higher side. For $25, it will cover me approx. 160km. From my understand, choppers normally have good mileage. Care to add comments or recommend me any mechanics which is reasonable and good!!!!!!:help:

My Dragstar was able to hold on with reserve around 380KM and my riding speed averages from 80km/h - 100km/h...

That's fuel economy... :thumb:

Originally posted by sgstarrider@Sep 12 2006, 07:36 PM

Another tyre to consider: Pirelli.

Where to get it? Not really sure. Saw someone else's dragstar in January.

The Pirelli's Route 66. Those were the tyres on my Dragstar.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Originally posted by greatman@Sep 13 2006, 10:27 PM

How much did you pay for the Pirelli's tyre??

Thanks William for Rosli's location.

It came with the bike. I don't know the previous owner. So I don't know the price.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Originally posted by Sovereign@Sep 10 2006, 12:42 PM

U can use Dunlop which is the recommended ones from Yamaha or Rosli has the Metzeler which I had intended to change to.

But as my rear uses Dunlop, I think I wanna get the same brand for both front and back.

Size is 100/90-19..

Price around $80+ - $90+ depending on the brand...

~~VMax12 2007 to 2007

~~Shadow400 2009 ...

Hey bro, why lidat?

how is your riding style? do you drag your gears alot??

I dun see why your bike will consume as much as a Goldwing..

Or isit your meter got problem ?

learning to be a better rider.

I don't know about the dragging but I guess I like to travel faster than normal. Not to mention the bike got quite a good pick-up...... I think. By the way, not petrol meterleh......

Anyway, still sticks........ $25 for 160km.

(Will definitely get the curbo checked on the next servicing!!!!!!!)

Like I've said, I used to get only around 260KM for the $28 I pumped in for ESSO 95.

I believe it's the way ur carb is tuned and ur riding speed. If every single time U're travelling at 120km/h, it's of no wonder why ur petrol is consumed till that much but still, it shld hit above 200KM for ur full tank, make sure when U fill to the brim, it's around 12L to near 15L (meaning ur tank almost empty) as the tank capacity is 15L.

I always travel at the speed of 80km/h - 100km/h where occasionally, I will travel around 110km/h - 140km/h while touring with the big cruisers.

Also to note, NEVER ever drag ur 1st & 2nd gear.. in the long run, it will wear off badly. This was the advice from Rosli and I took it well.

Yo Alexander2004, I use that DURO tyre brand on my Star Custom rear wheel. Dun like the feel especially when wet road. I feel kinda slippery when negotiating a corner or bend. Its bcos the mid part have no threading. I think that tyre is more suitable for Super4s or Sportbikes lah. Not for Cruisers.

Another thing, I found out that brand got no front tyre when I went to change the front. Only rear. Made from Taiwan.

Originally posted by sgstarrider@Sep 19 2006, 12:24 PM

Yo Alexander2004, I use that DURO tyre brand on my Star Custom rear wheel. Dun like the feel especially when wet road. I feel kinda slippery when negotiating a corner or bend. Its bcos the mid part have no threading. I think that tyre is more suitable for Super4s or Sportbikes lah. Not for Cruisers.

Another thing, I found out that brand got no front tyre when I went to change the front. Only rear. Made from Taiwan.

i kindi found the front one but it cost about $70 ... maybe because it is the front that why its cheaper? heard its hard type thats why maybe more durable ... hmmmm :confused:

~~VMax12 2007 to 2007

~~Shadow400 2009 ...