SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Dragstar

greatman

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys my ex- owner of my dragstar lost the log card , how am i going to get another copy again? or do i have to go LTA to make a pin number? :confused:

A New Rider A New Bike A New Hope ~!

~~TA200 Phantom custom 4 ~ 2004 to 2006

A old Rider , A old Bike but still A New Hope~!

~~Dragstar 4TR custom 2006 to 2007

A forgotten Rider, An old legend, A returned Hope~!

~~VMax12 2007 to 2007

A returned Rider, Another legend, forever hope~!

~~Shadow400 2009 ...

Originally posted by Alexander2004@Nov 7 2006, 03:01 PM

Guys my ex- owner of my dragstar lost the log card , how am i going to get another copy again? or do i have to go LTA to make a pin number? :confused:

No worries. You could download a copy of your log card from http://www.onemotoring.com website otherwise; you could also visit LTA for a re-issue.

Four wheels move the body. Two wheels move the soul.

hey peeps, need some advice on a dragstar which i may be getting soon..

i viewed e bike already and e seller was being quite honest n helpful, highlighting to me the problems w e bike..

so no dere's juz a few qns i'd hope u guys might be able to clarify w me.. thx in advance..

1) one of e forks is leaking.. he told me that the part to be changed doesnt realli cost much, but its too much of a hassle for him to do it for me.. u dudes got any idea how much it'll cost me to get it fixed at a bike shop? juz 1 fork is leaking he said..

2) i'm most concerned w dis actualli, haha.. when i turned e throttle it was hard as hell, not sure wad's e problem.. e bike too long nv ride e cable rusted inside or not enuff lube? how to fix it? or how much shld i expect to pay to get it fixed?

3) i'm not sure wat this part is called, but its juz a plastic sheet at where the keyhole is.. he told me its ok n i'm not being picky la, juz concerned if it'll affect e riding of e bike la.. wad happened was his dragstar's front wheel got knocked by a lorry or smth when parked, den coz his handlebar was locked, so e thing broke, and the locking mechanism cannot work liaoz.. which brings to point 4..

4) i'm not realli concerned w e locking mechanism la, but kena knock lidat e steering cone affected anot ar? i took e dragstar for a short ride la, but its abit too brief to feel anything.. so wanna ask ur how to check if e steering cone got prob?

Please read my replies in blue below and hopes they helps but, nothing beats having a professional mechanic to assist you.

1) one of e forks is leaking.. he told me that the part to be changed doesnt realli cost much, but its too much of a hassle for him to do it for me.. u dudes got any idea how much it'll cost me to get it fixed at a bike shop? juz 1 fork is leaking he said..

I believe you could give a call to Hong Leong for a quotation or any other bike shop you have in mind as price varied. However, I do remember coming across of someone in the forum who had mentioned spending around $100 for the replacement of fork seals and oil.

It is important to change both the fork seals as soon as you notice that one is leaking, the other will probably soon break and the fork oil will probably drip on to the brake disc making the brakes deteriorate. If the oil has already been dripped onto the brake disc, you will have to clean the brake disc and the brake linings with solution for removing oil and if that doesn’t help, use a metal file or some sandpaper on the brake linings only to remove the outer layer (remember that the linings are made of soft material that will suck in the oil). Worst come to worst, buy new brake linings.

2) i'm most concerned w dis actualli, haha.. when i turned e throttle it was hard as hell, not sure wad's e problem.. e bike too long nv ride e cable rusted inside or not enuff lube? how to fix it? or how much shld i expect to pay to get it fixed?

Generally, you could try to lubricate the throttle cable innards as a last-ditch effort, when you do not have new cable at hand otherwise; it is time for a new cable. If your throttle at the bars is worn, especially at the teeth of the barrel and of the chained cam, those should be replaced if truly bad as they cause stiff and irregular throttle action too.

3) i'm not sure wat this part is called, but its juz a plastic sheet at where the keyhole is.. he told me its ok n i'm not being picky la, juz concerned if it'll affect e riding of e bike la.. wad happened was his dragstar's front wheel got knocked by a lorry or smth when parked, den coz his handlebar was locked, so e thing broke, and the locking mechanism cannot work liaoz.. which brings to point 4..

No idea what plastic sheet are you talking about.

4) i'm not realli concerned w e locking mechanism la, but kena knock lidat e steering cone affected anot ar? i took e dragstar for a short ride la, but its abit too brief to feel anything.. so wanna ask ur how to check if e steering cone got prob?

Ensure that the steering is free lock to lock and nothing binds, nothing gets pinched. Also ensure the steering stem top bolt is tight but, I would like to suggest checking for the straightness of the fork too and bring the bike to a reputable bike shop for a check on the triple clamp or steering stem and clamps as these checks requires precision measuring tools and V-blocks.

hmm i called up rosli's n hkl yest to get quote for dragstar fork seal.. got quoted 110 by both of dem.. 110 is for both forks la.. 55 for 1.. anyone went hkl b4 for servicing? wanna c any feedback on their workmanship.. coz hkl is way nearer for me n i guess i dun need to wait so long ba.. dun think i'll drop by rosli's so soon as i shld be trying out e bike myself first den if any problems surface den i'll go down ask for help.. haha..

• 1 month later...

Hi Guyz;

It's been quite awhile. Anyway, already send my bike for full servicing at Rosli's. It cost me $380 overall. Did servicing, carbo cleaning & tunning. Wheel alignment for the rear and brake servicing. So is the price OK.

Anyway, anyone knows where to get flip-ups helmet, preferably Nolan at a very good price.

Saw their adds on the web too. Anyway thanks for the recommendations. Will check them out. Ah boy quoted me $270 for the Nolan but no size. I think I'm wearing at least L.

Anyone know on issues about having earpiece in helmet for listening/talking thru' handphone(bluetooth maybe). I know someone who listen to music while riding. Any inputs??!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

finally got my O ring fixed and stop the leak heh , back to tip top condition again lol

~~VMax12 2007 to 2007

~~Shadow400 2009 ...

Originally posted by sgstarrider@January 21, 2007 01:02 am

Wah Alexander Bro,

happy siah.:cheer:

Sori i never got to the 'o' ring buy for u.:nono:

np :) my bike shop order for me . see you in another outing :thumb:

~~VMax12 2007 to 2007

~~Shadow400 2009 ...

• 2 months later...

Hong Leong should have the 07’ model for Dragstar classic but no speculation here. Have you tries to check with Hong Leong personally? As or the custom, they have stop bringing in this model for years.