SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

LTA Vehicle Inspection

Guest Anonymous

If u intend to do only inspection, just bring ur bike. If u wanna renew ur tax ur insurance, bring along the documents. Insurance must be original. Racing foot rest as i said depends on the inspector. Is ur side stand removed to accomodate the new foot rests? Are ur foot brake switch removed? Get it checked. BE TACTFUL.

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by YuaN_@Sep 12 2006, 06:55 PM

now doing inspection, wat do we need beside the road tax paper and insurance?

and log card not required.

125Z with racing footrest can pass or not ma?

if only inspection just mention your bikes number , no need to bring anything

for renew of road tax , you must bring the letter follow by Insurance Docu, it a must be original no photo copy , they wont allowed

Np for footrest

:dozed: :dozed:

Originally posted by onefour02@Aug 9 2006, 10:27 PM

no la. on the 3rd year, 5th year and every year after.

NO! for bike wise every yrs need to inspection

for car first 3 yrs follow by 2 2 2

then after 10 yrs is every yrs once

for van 3 2 2 2

after 10 yrs van 6 month once

Originally posted by Fata|@Aug 3 2006, 06:01 PM

anybody know if dun have mudguard, any chance bike will pass inspection?

will inspection centre close 1 eye? :confused:

fail, but you can talk to inspector , mostly they stamp a chop maginal to ask you do within one week if not , touch wood you get caught summom 30 dollars

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

guys if got another question like this then sorry..... this is AN EMERGENCY... my road tax expire already... i know that to renew it i have to go inspection 1st.... but i never go.... so now if i were to ride it would be ILLEGAL... the road tax expire end of november... now already december.... i want to go inspection... but how???? i know since my road tax expire already... i have to TOW to the inspection centre... but is there really other methods.... WHAT IF i juz ride there illegally... would the plp at the inspection centre be bothered or check my road tax or not???

PLS REPLY.... HELP.... HELP!!!!!!!!! :help:

if can personally message me.... thankzzzzzzzz

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by 01Viffer@Dec 23 2006, 03:04 PM

For after market exhaust... Mine's Micron, it's in the ok list on LTA website.

Can it pass? Or I still need to get certification of some sort?

have you register your micron to inspection centre ?

if yes , just bring along your docu approvel letter

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by zpiero@December 06, 2006 02:19 pm

guys if got another question like this then sorry..... this is AN EMERGENCY... my road tax expire already... i know that to renew it i have to go inspection 1st.... but i never go.... so now if i were to ride it would be ILLEGAL... the road tax expire end of november... now already december.... i want to go inspection... but how???? i know since my road tax expire already... i have to TOW to the inspection centre... but is there really other methods.... WHAT IF i juz ride there illegally... would the plp at the inspection centre be bothered or check my road tax or not???

PLS REPLY.... HELP.... HELP!!!!!!!!! :help:

if can personally message me.... thankzzzzzzzz

You should have laid up your vehicle. Laying up a vehicle exempts your vehicle from chargeable road tax for a period of time. That's what I did to my previous vehicle. So once it's registered for lay-up, your vehicle can only be "garaged" at that place (be it your home/some place/bikeshop)...until you decide to go for inspection. $5 processing fee applies.

May I ask whether LTA has sent you a letter stating that you need to go for inspection? If yes, then by looking at your post, you might have exceeded your due date for inspection.

I know that when you don't pay your bi-annual road tax, the road tax increments by $10 (and this can increase) as a penalty for every month that the road tax would be overdue. At the 3rd month that LTA does not receive payment, they will send you a final letter stating your road tax price + the penalty increment(s), plus they will threaten to bring you to court if you don't pay by a specified date.

But yours...It's late road tax, plus, the fact that you had never went for inspection. Better call LTA to clarify (and hopefully they can pardon you and let you lay-up your vehicle). But I would suppose that you need to pay the abovementioned penalty. Not sure how much though.

* Laid-up vehicles cannot be moved from their "garaged" place. So you have to tow the vehicle to an inspection centre. Don't let the MIW (men in white) catch you riding your vehicle.

Hope this helps

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

• 4 weeks later...

My bike is due for inspection. Never go 4 inspection before and I'm sure nervous. But I'm confident that my bike will sure passed for inspection. :smile:

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

Albert Camus

French existentialist author & philosopher (1913 - 1960)

04.09.06 *d@y i got my LicenSe *

09.10.06 *d@y i got my Y125Z *

10.03.07 *d@y my Y125Z is goin' for inspection and passed the inspection*

When did I pass my 2nd and 3rd inspection?

• 2 weeks later...

hi need some advice here,just bought a 2nd hand vtec2 super4 with aftermarket street legal exhaust install by the previous owner with cert,do i still need to go for inspection and do i need to transfer the exhaust to my name?btw was told by LTA staff that i dun have to do anything since inspection for the exhaust already done and pass......i just need to have the inspection cert for the exhaust with me at all times........can any kind souls advice me.....i am lost here......

If your cert is chop to state reg with LTA, you are fine.

If you only got the cert for the exhaust (but do NOT have the LTA Approval Letter), you need to see if it is via STA or Vicom. Their systems dun link.

Mine's done by previous owner at STA. Blur blur go to Vicom. They keep insisting need LTA Approval letter (which I do not have cos previous owner never pass to me).

Show them the cert, they say better go STA since it was reg via STA.

Originally posted by winter@February 05, 2007 07:00 pm

My bike is due for inspection. Never go 4 inspection before and I'm sure nervous. But I'm confident that my bike will sure passed for inspection. :smile:

dont be nervous, the whole procedure takes less than 5 mins.

check lights check exhuast check brakes, thats all.

unlike your bike is like some monster with in your face aftermarket parts , no problem.....

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

Originally posted by Blues@February 17, 2007 10:08 am

If you only got the cert for the exhaust (but do NOT have the LTA Approval Letter), you need to see if it is via STA or Vicom. Their systems dun link.

actually once you resister they will sent thus the info to LTA , so no need to get any LTA LETTER , their system can be link perhaps the vicom inspector dunno how to solve just refer you to LTA

Originally posted by kurarensu@February 28, 2007 09:44 am

i got qns.. ystd went inspection and failed my exhaust cos i dun haf documents to proof my arrow is street legal. i got the arrow card/cert from the ex owner alreadi.. do i still need other documents? so i go inspection i show them my arrow card can already right?

have you pay a legal inspection feee which the ownership cum inspection

if you haven done , and only got the arrow card/cert from the ex owner is not verified

if you get caught which you haven change the ownership to your name follow by a inspection legal cert you will kana 500

no chancce will be given by uncle sam

Originally posted by PreluDe@February 28, 2007 03:11 pm

have you pay a legal inspection feee which the ownership cum inspection

if you haven done , and only got the arrow card/cert from the ex owner is not verified

if you get caught which you haven change the ownership to your name follow by a inspection legal cert you will kana 500

no chancce will be given by uncle sam

I also have one case. It's the yoshimura exhaust pipe. Street legal. But the street legal cert bores the name of the previous owner.

If this the case, what you're saying is that its not valid for my case, is it? I need to get it inspected and then change to my name.

In this case, where to go and get the exhaust pipe tested and certified?