SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

LTA Vehicle Inspection

Guest Anonymous

• 4 years later...
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi,

I am really confused after reading some topics... maybe someone can clear my doubts?

1. When exactly should I go for bike inspection? Will I receive a letter from a LTA to remind me of a bike inspection like road tax? Else, how would I noe that the inspection is due?

2. Is bike inspection require for road tax renewal or is it require for insurance renewal?

Thanks in advance for the advises.

-==================-

G.I.L.E.R.A~R.U.N.N.E.R

-==================-

dont worry as LTA will send you a reminder roughly three months before your road tax expires. inspection cert is definitely needed for road tax renewal, but i am not sure about insurance as the insurance expiry date is not the same as the road tax expiry date for my bike. hope this helps.

mengyc at yahoooooooo.com (current ride: GSR600)

Originally posted by trishia@Jul 5 2006, 06:17 PM

Hi,

I am really confused after reading some topics... maybe someone can clear my doubts?

1. When exactly should I go for bike inspection? Will I receive a letter from a LTA to remind me of a bike inspection like road tax? Else, how would I noe that the inspection is due?

2. Is bike inspection require for road tax renewal or is it require for insurance renewal?

Thanks in advance for the advises.

If your bike is less than 3 years old, you are not due for inspection yet.

You need to go for Inspection once a year (For bikes which are 3 years old and above) then you can renew your road tax and insurance. :smile:

• 3 weeks later...

Guys.. i want to carboniz my RZX catalyzer pipe, is this allowed? will i pass my inspection? :help:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii203/petzlica/sparknrxz.jpg

DEC 05-May 07 : Yamaha RxZ

May 07-July 08: Yamaha Spark 135 White Standard Coverset

Aug 08-Jan 10: Yamaha Spark 135 ALL Black Coverset

Jan 11-May 14... Yamaha Spark 135 Ver 2010 Red

Yes it's allowed and you'll pass the inspection. But just make sure you don't remove the silencer inside cause once you do it's considered illegal modification of pipe. :smile:

(1)NSR SP 150(FT5726E) (2)RXZ(FP8543S) (3)KRR 150(FU2121P) (4)R6 '05(FY6651D) (5)Getz 1.4A(SGJ575Y) (6)Gilera VXR 200 (FBC4201X) (7)FZ6 S2 (FBD2275R) (8)X1-R (FBB6401C) (9)FZ16 (FBF2411D) (10)FZS1000 (FZ2591P) (11)MT-09

Loves a Yammie... It always touches my heart!!!

Hi Guys,

just received my first mail from LTA for inspection. My bike have some illegal mods e.g headlights and horn.

Like to find out from you guys here how you send your bikes for inspection especially those with slight mods. What are the things needed to bring etc.

thanks a lot. :cheer:

Originally posted by Kan@Aug 2 2006, 09:28 AM

Hi Guys,

just received my first mail from LTA for inspection. My bike have some illegal mods e.g headlights and horn.

Like to find out from you guys here how you send your bikes for inspection especially those with slight mods. What are the things needed to bring etc.

thanks a lot. :cheer:

simple.

Temporary change back the mod part to stock.

A second of precaution is an hour of safety. It never hurts to ask.

ä¸æ‡‚å°±è¦é—®ï¼Œé—®æ˜¯ä¸ç”¨é’±çš„!

"Life is Neither Fair or Just"

do you guys change back and go for inspection on the same day usually?

need to book the inspection date in advance or not?

I'm trying to plan my day for it cos rather busy with work, hopefully can have it on saturday... so need to know you guy's experience on this thanks.

Inspetion must book? I thought just go there and bring the necessary stuff? Just go there and say you want to do inspection cannot?

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

dun worry lah, so little and minor mod, just go to the centre you want. No need book one. Prepare ard$17 for inspection will do.

look at mine,if mine can pass, so can yours! :D

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

rd tax same day can renew at the inspection centre, but you must have insurance that covers the period of the road tax you are renewing.

Means :

Rd tax renewal date until 9 Aug 2007, insurance ends at 8 Aug 2007, you will not be able to renew rd tax. Insurance date must be same or after your rd tax dtae of expiry.

Go renew your insurance 1st if this is the case, else cannot renew rd tax.

-------------------

Rgd the no mudguard, I dun think chances that high to pass...ROV see, confirm summon one...

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

Originally posted by madman@Aug 4 2006, 02:32 AM

Rgd the no mudguard, I dun think chances that high to pass...ROV see, confirm summon one...

this i know. I got the $30 summon b4.

bike need to go inspection soon but prob is, I dun have a mudguard.

wana know if anyone try go inspection w/o mudguard but yet passed? :?

How many times does a vehicle have to go through inspection? Once every year, 2 years, 3 years?

The reason I'm asking is that the last time I did an inspection for my bike was about 1.5 years ago and now got another letter to go for inspection by Oct.

Can any kind souls clarify? Thanks.

you sure about that? by right you would have to go for inspection each time you renew road tax.

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a266/fleaz/_MG_5656-1.jpg

Honda Phantom TA200 [FT73*2H][2005-2007]

Honda XR400 [FN9*32Y][2007]

Aprilia Atlantic [FX751*K][2007-2008]

Toyota Camry [2011-2013]

Mitsubishi Lancer [2013-2014]

we live in the back, ride at the back -BSR

Hi guys.... I'm new to this forum. My bike is due for an inspection and i would like to know which center is the easiest to pass? I've heard that VICOM inspectors are quite strict. What about STA Inspection Center? My bike has a tampered exhaust system and its difficult to spot and only if they are alert..........than thats it. Any help from the pros?

get change before u go lor... :)

2005-2006: RXZ

2007: Y125Z & RVF400

2008: RVF400 & African Twin

2009: African Twin, GSX1300RK2, Renault Kangoo(A)

2010: GSX1300RK2, Renault Kangoo(A)

2011: GSX1300RK2

2012-2013: GSX1300RK2, Proton Savvy(A)

2014: Proton Savvy(A), Super 4(S1)

Present: Super 4(S1)

Just done my inspection today!!!!! And i managed to pass given to the fact that my exhaust is tampered and i was lucky that there was a long queue and the inspectors were working super fast and they missed my tampered exhaust system. Just had to gamble on that. Anyway..... for issues with mudguard i think they can still close one eye if u can strike a conversation with the inspectors.... it would help. Just be nice to them. They will be nice to you. They are checking 60-70 bikes per day. So imagine the frustration with them. Any mistake and thats it.......they'll start to fail little things like foot brake light not working even though the handbrake lamp is working. And i also got to know that for smaller cc bikes like 125Z etc.... if using the racing footrest and gear lever.... the side-stand had be removed and the rear brake switch would also have to be removed. THAT IS DEEMED AS A FAILURE ITEM!!!! My freind just got those items failed. So my friends, try to be tactful with modifications. For after-market exhaust system (LTA APPROVED) if it is not endorsed by any inspection centers, please get it done as soon as possible. If get caught, $50 summon. For exhaust modification which is not LTA APPROVED, $500.

• 4 weeks later...

now doing inspection, wat do we need beside the road tax paper and insurance?

and log card not required.

125Z with racing footrest can pass or not ma?

2005-2006: RXZ

2007: Y125Z & RVF400

2008: RVF400 & African Twin

2009: African Twin, GSX1300RK2, Renault Kangoo(A)

2010: GSX1300RK2, Renault Kangoo(A)

2011: GSX1300RK2

2012-2013: GSX1300RK2, Proton Savvy(A)

2014: Proton Savvy(A), Super 4(S1)

Present: Super 4(S1)