SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

RC Cars Lovers

Guest ZZR-Pilot

Guest ZZR-Pilot

Sheer boredom has recently led me into toying with the idea of getting started into taking up RC cars as a hobby. It doesn't look like a cheap one, though.

So last week, I cannot tahan.. went out and bought an el-cheapo QD car. It's one of those made-in-china one, you know.. sealed axles, but it does come with a durable lightweight polycarbonate body, 2-speed controller, wishbone suspension with coil springs and proportional steering. I just wanted something cheap to get a hang of handling a car by remote... at least I won't cry my eyes out when my newbie skills end up destroying the car (true enough yesterday I whacked kaww the car into a wall and the plastic body that holds the axle broke... cipetttt... need to get some glue and a bit of plastic strip to repair).

Anyway, what's the next step up? A proper electric car with adjustable everything or a full-blown nitro? Some say electric cars are just as expensive to run.. but seeing the cost of nitro fuel and the complexity of nitro cars, I doubt the wisdom in that comment lah. At least with batt packs, you just have to buy 2 or 3 packs and keep recharging them... I'm told nito guys have to fork out a small fortune per session just for the nitomethane fuel.

What say you?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

personally i would prefer a electrical rc car cos i use to own some..more fun,clean & not so noisy but the minus pt is u nid to charge the batt,some parts are expensive..

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/akrapovick4/thedoctor.jpg

fuel powered RC cars r more fun to play with, since u're a rider yr self.

it'll b more easy for u to get to DIY e tuning of e cars yr self.

& yes, RC cars carb r 99% e same like nornal bikes.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

Guest ZZR-Pilot
Originally posted by MC28@Apr 10 2005, 05:44 PM

but the minus pt is u nid to charge the batt,some parts are expensive..

This bit I don't understand. Expensive parts? From what I've been reading, many manufacturers produce the same chassis for both electric & nitro (i.e. Associated's TC4 chassis has versions for both, exactly identical except for the anciliaries needed to fit the necessary electric or nitro stuff). Chassis parts prices should therefore be about the same (umm, make that "equally expensive") for both... controller, receiver & servo prices are the same also... the difference would be the speed controller, batt pack + electric motor VS nitro engine + fuel...

What type of RC cars do you guys run? And what are the prices like in Singapore?

i got mine one & onli 8 yrs back.

win it as a 1st price from a tamiya race.

a normal setup for fuel-powered RC cars range from SGD$500 onwards.

LEAF departure is B`cos of WIND pursit or TREE didn't ask her to stay?

U YEARN for wat u FANTASIZE den 2 realise who U should TREASURE...

å¶çš„离去是因为风的追足还是树没有挽留

你期望你所è¦å¾—, 但å´æ²¡æœ‰å‘现到你所真正ç惜的

http://www.comp.nus.edu.sg/~limtianc/achew_sig.gif

Guest ZZR-Pilot

Not much on those sites lar.

Anyway, found a CEN nitro ready-to-run kit... complete with everything from radio to glow starter and 2 litres of 25% blend nitromethane... for RM1K.

That's way cheaper than any electric RTR kit.

Nitro it is, then...!

Hmm

I have one controller for sale, used afew times only. Includes 2 servos.

I have to dig it out, but its a good quality one, bought for about $180 i think, selling cheap. PM me if interested :D

Originally posted by LollyPoP@Apr 10 2005, 08:37 PM

i got mine one & onli 8 yrs back.

win it as a 1st price from a tamiya race.

a normal setup for fuel-powered RC cars range from SGD$500 onwards.

cheaper than that from the shop at m.south

ZZR-Pilot: it's ex when u start to buy good electrical motors,Tekin chargers,KO Propo(should be like this spell) controllers,Tekin receiver unit,use good wires blah blah blah..

Those stuffs last time cost around 1k juz to get...

my bro use to have a calsonic skyline which he built up from scratch..all the above stuff + carbon fibre chassis,use monster/LRP motors and alot of other stuffs..

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i42/akrapovick4/thedoctor.jpg

used to own a HPI pro2,pro3 and Mugen seiki mtx2(titanium axles,nova rossi 5 port engine,square exhaust and not to mention, 5,6 set of tires for stand by as they sell like hot cakes(a good remote control is important as well, using SANWA M8..running on blue thunder 25%) this aint a cheap hobby for all i can say, it in facts cost just as much as motorcycling if u're really going into it, planes and helis are cheaper as they don't suffer from that much wear and tear, basically, i like electric cars as they are pretty much more consistent but the charging system like the 1 i used to own cost ard 1.2k for a charger not to mention the maintenance of the batteries, batteries cost 200 for stock mh without soldering, wires all these are expensive also. but i would reccomend u going into buggies as they're really much more fun and less prone to failures as they are build to last the tough races... and best thing is... there are lotsa of people from msia races them :)

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/91/34/5624319/8953410528433l.jpg

Feel the Fear And Do It Anyway is very strong in almost every case. Courage is not the absence of fear.

Guest ZZR-Pilot
Originally posted by Fatgrunt@Apr 13 2005, 09:13 PM

planes and helis are cheaper as they don't suffer from that much wear and tear

So I heard.

It gets expensive if you crash, though (then again, same lah if you peg the throttle and whack your nitro car into a wall).

One shopowner mentioned an entry-level RTF trainer costs RM1400, complete with the 4-channel radio & servos. He said they even teach customers how to fly. Hmm...

Dunno leh... I beginner only. I just need a bash car. Electric ones are nice coz can let rip on the corridor and scare the living daylights out of my cat, but I'll need 3000mAh batts to get decent play time and a good charger to go with them (they say those batts spoil easily if you muck around with cheapo chargers)... all of which add up to a whopping bill. Anyway at this point, that RM1000 CEN TR-4 nitro RTR kit sounds waaaay too tempting. Have to save up...

Meanwhile, I have to fix the axle on my Tamiya QD knock-off from China.. hehe...

Guest OFFICIAL

Hey if anyone needs a remote let me know. I have a KO Propo MARS EX-I up me shelfs, A New painted Strauts Body from PROTOform (200mm) and maybe 3/4 full of a galon of blue thunder to let go. Sold the (below Expectation) VisionPro off a Week ago. intending to Stop.

• 3 weeks later...

hey hey, finally found RC cars lovers, juz to share abt my RC experience.

My cars;

1/8 GP Picco Integra wit Novarossi 3.5 engine, 7yrs old but stil running,but laid up,no fuel

1/10 GP Kyosho Super Ten FW04, tons of parts, can build another car!, but intend to sell at cheap price

1/10 EP Yokomo MR4TC,used to race at RCMC series n Singapore series, laid up, wit new bodyshell.

1/10 EP Tamiya F103 chassis, self build up wit all tamiya hop up parts, veri fast, fun, direct drive, so play longer.

1/10 EP Tamiya M03 chassis wit suzuki wagon body, use to whack around the car park.veri fun, crash wont spoilt. :sweat:

1/10 EP Tamiya TRF TA03 chassis, full carbon n standard chassis, laid up, selling at cheap..

latest addition: 1/18 EP HPI Micro RS4, race twice, Expo& Sembawang. veri fun car, ease of maintanance and quick. Best for those wanting to get into the hobby..

hee.. hope to gather more RC car enthusiast around so can exchange ideas and tips..

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

wow loh me not in town then u RC lovers starts poping out :weep:

still prefer nitro 'cos i get the kick of tuning the engine n seeing the perfomance of the car build up from ur very own hand & the engine breaking in & finally reach its ultimal performance. it's the process that really got me hook :cheeky:

has 2 controller with servor so thinking of letting go of 1 at ~50% of the original price

1) 3pk late 2004 bought at $680

2) M8 early 2004 bought ~$580

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

I used to owned nitro kyosho v1r. Used to particapate in the race east coast park. Played at jurong for a while too.. That's the serpent track. Now not much popular. All of my kaki had stopped playing nitro. It's fun as i have dremel and able to port my own engine.. But cost a lot of money to play. i also used to play mini z and had participated in the race before at jalan besar.. it's much cheaper than nitro.

One In The Chamber!!

Originally posted by mahuberani@May 1 2005, 11:06 AM

I used to owned nitro kyosho v1r. Used to particapate in the race east coast park. Played at jurong for a while too.. That's the serpent track. Now not much popular. All of my kaki had stopped playing nitro. It's fun as i have dremel and able to port my own engine.. But cost a lot of money to play. i also used to play mini z and had participated in the race before at jalan besar.. it's much cheaper than nitro.

haha, nice nice, woa nitro cars burnt a big hole in my pocket le, the kyosho super ten, i spent so many $k on it, now all 'tiao du'(stuck in shelf) liao. wher u playing now? i gt a mini-z MR01, but not shiok coz always skidd:giddy: , now gt a HPI micro RS4, 4WD, so much better to play.. haha..gt any spare engine to sell?? :bouncefire:

Originally posted by SSII@May 2 2005, 11:03 PM

haha, nice nice, woa nitro cars burnt a big hole in my pocket le, the kyosho super ten, i spent so many $k on it, now all 'tiao du'(stuck in shelf) liao. wher u playing now? i gt a mini-z MR01, but not shiok coz always skidd:giddy: , now gt a HPI micro RS4, 4WD, so much better to play.. haha..gt any spare engine to sell?? :bouncefire:

Yep...Spent money like water..Somemore my hand keep getting rashes due to the smoke, oil and etc from nitro...i guess.

No longer playing mini z. I got into nitro because i thought of quitting track scene 3 yrs ago. But...the track adrenalin is totally a rush from nitro.

If playing nitro, best if u drive a car.. Got a lot of things to carry...

One In The Chamber!!

Originally posted by mahuberani@May 5 2005, 10:06 AM

Yep...Spent money like water..Somemore my hand keep getting rashes due to the smoke, oil and etc from nitro...i guess.

No longer playing mini z. I got into nitro because i thought of quitting track scene 3 yrs ago. But...the track  adrenalin is totally a rush from nitro.

If playing nitro, best if u drive a car.. Got a lot of things to carry...

i strap all on my bike using a para bag :sweat: 1 bottle of fuel, 1 car & cover in the original box, 1 tool box, 1 control box & 1 starter box. can be do lah.

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by comics00@May 10 2005, 07:12 AM

i strap all on my bike using a para bag :sweat: 1 bottle of fuel, 1 car & cover in the original box, 1 tool box, 1 control box & 1 starter box. can be do lah.

I intend to sell my Ofna hyper 10 subaru chasis(without servos/remote).....COmes with additonal acc such as the :

-glow starter/charger

-additional chasis for the FS-12 engine(comes with the nitro tank and some additional parts on body)

-3/4 nitro blue thunder

-some lubricants for after/maintenance

Nitro engine definitely working well.Need to retune as i have no time to retune it myself and my retuning knowledge is really rusty....hehehe

Originally posted by cbkooky@May 23 2005, 07:00 PM

I intend to sell my Ofna hyper 10 subaru chasis(without servos/remote).....COmes with additonal acc such as the :

-glow starter/charger

-additional chasis for the FS-12 engine(comes with the nitro tank and some additional parts on body)

-3/4 nitro blue thunder

-some lubricants for after/maintenance

Nitro engine definitely working well.Need to retune as i have no time to retune it myself and my retuning knowledge is really rusty....hehehe

uh! u not playing liao:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Due to very tight financial constrains I will be selling my Kyosho V1S complete

with MX-3 controller and fully professionally painted NSX car cover.

All standard stock except for new sticky track tires, even have the box everything.

Bought about 8 mths ago and only played a couple of times.

Wil come with 3/4 full bottle of Nitro Fuel, charger and starter.

Bought everything for about $700

Selling for $300.

PM me and I can send you pictures :D

SeeYa! :cheer: :cheer:

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

mind tell us where u bought it? so we wouldn't buy from that place

u bought $700 for V1S with MX-3 :giddy:

V1S was my 3rd car bought with MX-3, glow plug starter, X-ranch & 1 bottle of 18%nitro only ~$550

sorry don't mean anything just hope u can help caution fellow bros here :sorry:

Sorry, my mistake, it was $620 and it came with 2 bottles of blue thunder,

2 spray painted covers with stickers (1 NSX & 1 360 Modena) and rechargeable batts and charger for the remote plus everything else i stated.:sorry:

Most people go through life following the crowd.

Others think for themselves.

They go their own way.

All sounds interesting....

Had the intention to pick it up but way out of my budget....

Upz for u guys...

Life is too short to be complianing............

1996 - Yamaha TW200

1999 - Suzuki DR350R

2003 - Honda XR400R

Now - Aprilia Atlantic 200

http://www.aprilia.com/upload/modelli/scooter/t/p01008_0088.jpg http://www.aprilia.com/upload/modelli/scooter/t/p01003_0088.jpg http://www.aprilia.com/upload/modelli/scooter/t/p01004_0088.jpg http://www.aprilia.com/upload/modelli/scooter/t/p01006_0088.jpg

Ask Aprilia a Question Here....