SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

RC Cars Lovers

Guest ZZR-Pilot

Mate,

You can contact this good friend of mine, Khamil at 9744 2794. He runs a RC shop at Bukit timah turf club who happens to be one of the top RC car players in the region. He s a friendly guy who will offer great advise and guidance. Cheers and you can mention my name, Wee Siang.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 weeks later...
Originally posted by spikytoh@Jul 20 2006, 04:16 PM

Mate,

You can contact Khamil at 9744 2797. He runs a shop at bukit timah turf city. Happens to be one of best in this field. Friendly and helpful guy..

Can quote my name, Wee Siang..

i guess you are referring to ihobby.

I used to play RC car but stop already ...

its from kyosho...change the engine to O.S engine , suspension and a exhaust .

But honestly its a expensive hobby man ..If i can remember , the O.S engine cost me about $500 plus ?...

But anyway if you want to get a 2nd R.C car u can PM me ..Mine is collecting dusts..

= )

::

Hey , Anyone lookin for 2nd R.C car . I have got one @ home and stop playin for sometimes already .. I can let go cheap since its layin @ home ..

Its from kyosho ...A Honda NSX body work .

Parts i have change its a O.S engine , Both rear and front Suspension wif different spring setting for you to choose from , can top up different grade of oil too ..

Hmmm A twin exhuast ..and slick tyres ...

Im letting go wif any reasonable price you quote , its good for those who juz wanna start playing , dont have to get a new ones which is relativly expensive ..

= )

Or anyone lookin for spare parts , im willing to strip the parts ..

O.S max engine , Blue colour one

Front n Rear Suspension

Slick tyres

Exhaust

Servors

Chasis

Tank

Car Cover

Or any parts you want . Juz quote me a price and i strip the parts for ya ...

• 5 months later...
Originally posted by duckit@August 28, 2006 02:31 am

But honestly its a expensive hobby man ..If i can remember , the O.S engine cost me about $500 plus ?...

I agree lor.. Its expensive. I used to commit to it back during my secondary & poly days. Will spend mostly on the fuel & the glow plug which normally blows off after an hour.

Now married man already cannot liao but I tried to played it once in a while when I'm a "bachelor" just for the day...

VODKA Rain

If your latest plan seems absent of me... There is nothing I can do...

lol there are those RC drifters who use Rc cars that runs on batteries... whole set would go for around 500+ inclusive of machine+cover+transmitter(remote) +receiver(in machine) etc etc..check out some RC vids of Ngee Ann..go youtube.com to find Ngee Ann RC drift sth like that..not bad..one of them is my friend with WRX cover.. :thumb:

Originally posted by jB@February 20, 2007 01:12 am

lol there are those RC drifters who use Rc cars that runs on batteries... whole set would go for around 500+ inclusive of machine+cover+transmitter(remote) +receiver(in machine)

Actually JB I would say that comparing fuel based engine & batteries, I would prefer electric based cars. No doubt the power & sound could not be compared to the fuel based types, it would make up a lot for the maintenance & hygiene session.

After I played with my car, I'll have to spend at least 2 hours to strip the car and clean the inside. The rubber tyres also got burn off quite easily if I stretch to top speed, and I have to top up the fuel and of course the glow plug.

Altogether I spend roughly around $700 for it....

Bro y dont u type SGdrifters? I find that their 3rd production is not bad leh... Especially the music..

VODKA Rain

Originally posted by Rain1407@February 20, 2007 10:44 am

Actually JB I would say that comparing fuel based engine & batteries, I would prefer electric based cars. No doubt the power & sound could not be compared to the fuel based types, it would make up a lot for the maintenance & hygiene session.

After I played with my car, I'll have to spend at least 2 hours to strip the car and clean the inside. The rubber tyres also got burn off quite easily if I stretch to top speed, and I have to top up the fuel and of course the glow plug.

Altogether I spend roughly around $700 for it....

Bro y dont u type SGdrifters? I find that their 3rd production is not bad leh... Especially the music..

haha fuel based ya kinda chor on maintenence but fun (= and the drifters use pvc plastic as tyres..kinda like yr electric pipes those grey colored..hehe i'm not so into Rc vids la..but watched a few and quite amazed..watch a few more and it'll tempt me to get mine soon too..got lots of toys I don't play at home liao..even my cpu is getting dusty after I got my laptop

Originally posted by jB@February 20, 2007 11:00 pm

tempt me to get mine soon too..got lots of toys I don't play at home liao..even my cpu is getting dusty after I got my laptop

Ya lor, it's human nature mah... buy things on impulse... U and me same, lots of toys but no time to play...

VODKA Rain

Originally posted by Rain1407@February 21, 2007 10:17 am

Ya lor, it's human nature mah... buy things on impulse... U and me same, lots of toys but no time to play...

and suddenly we find ourselves poorer though with so much "toys" :cheeky:

Woohoo!!! this is the vid me talkin about!!! saw it sometime back and this is one of the coolest video that I never got sick of watching over and over again!!!

VODKA Rain

Originally posted by qebalt@February 22, 2007 02:07 am

Tamiya is the best.

Still remember those primary school days of Avante Black Special, Manta Ray & my favorite Emperor King...

:offtopic:

VODKA Rain

Originally posted by Rain1407@February 22, 2007 02:17 am

Still remember those primary school days of Avante Black Special, Manta Ray & my favorite Emperor King...

heh, and the avante gold edition, i stil have it in good piece onli the sticker is dropping..

haha..

i have quite a number of tamiya rc cars, F103GT, Grp C, M03 mini, Ta03 drift specs. the F103 with brushless and LiPo batt can reach top speed of over 70km/h.. :smile: as its a 2wd..

Originally posted by Rain1407@February 22, 2007 02:17 am

haha. mine is Tamiya Manta Ray RC. not the small Tamiya.

I've watched some videos about RC drifting that was done in Singapore, and it is freakly awesome ! ! !

Click here to visit Biking and Travelling Blog!

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w103/qebalt/logo.jpg

Feel free to join us!

• 4 months later...

anybody in to remote control car drifting

seem like quite interesting man

and those guys who drift wow good man

:cheeky:

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5181/thedarkknight6vb9.jpg

I was thinking about this hobby. But what kind of cars to begin with and how much does it cost?

200 Miles Per Hour, No Hands... Damn That Would Be Cool Right Before The Part Where You Die...

Bike History

2005 - Cagiva Mito 125

2007 - Daelim Daystar 125

2008/2009 - Piaggio X9 500

2017 - Triumph Speed Triple 1050

• 3 weeks later...

tried b4.. beginer i use a tamiya tt-01d.. but after that feel thats its waste lor.. cos olso 300+ i rather add 100+ to get a Yokomo mr4tc.. better kit.. aiya this hobby must got $$ then can play.. i quickly sell all my rc stuff last year.. cos its quite hard to drift i try it out everyday still very very hard.. keep drift way too far.. haha.. just a kit 2nd hand can cos 200 to 300... if u want good one like Yokomo all this it can cost a bomb..tamiya got 1 new kit 500+ w/o hop ups and transmitter.. lol

Yamaha 125z July 2008 - June 2012

Honda Wave 125r Sept 2012 - Nov 2015

Yamaha RXZ 135 Nov 2015 - present :thumb:

R/C hobbies are really for long term one...if you are not sure do you want to pick up this hobby or not then think twice cost giving up half way is gonna put a big hole in your pocket...in the starting this hobby can be more expensive than maintaining your bike but after sometime when you are more familiar on your hands you will eventually spend lesser and lesser...unless your temptation to bling bling your machine cannot stop then you will start to spend really big $$$...

I myself fly R/C helicopters and 1 crash is like @#$%&!!!

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv15/Davin_Tan/SNC00998.jpg

Honda CBR 1000RR '07

Power Commander III

HRC Velocity Stacks

HRC Air Filter Element

Venhill Brake & Clutch Lines

Is there like any track for these cars to play on? I remember seeing something like some mini r/c track at East Coast area when I was jogging past.

200 Miles Per Hour, No Hands... Damn That Would Be Cool Right Before The Part Where You Die...

Bike History

2005 - Cagiva Mito 125

2007 - Daelim Daystar 125

2008/2009 - Piaggio X9 500

2017 - Triumph Speed Triple 1050