Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Info] Thailand : Betong


YZFx
 Share

Recommended Posts

Originally posted by [email protected]@Sep 5 2006, 02:25 PM

Yap, have to agree that the ride to Betong thru Gerik Highway (Route 76-77) is a very beautiful ride! have been to Betong a couple of times during this past 3 years. i'l also be planning to drop over there in Nov this yr, after that prob going to Hat Yai and then Phuket from Betong. heard that the route from Betong to Hat Yai is nice, would look forward to doing it!! :lovestruck:

 

:thumb:

do becareful... i was warn by the local that it is not very safe to ride beyond betong to get to hatyai....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...
  • Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Kutrax@Dec 26 2006, 12:14 AM

so bro what time is the best timing to move off from GP esso?

night better or day?

how many days needed for this trip? 4 days possible?

4 days is more than enough.... it all depends on u... i would pefer to move out in the day... about 4-5 am off from gp is my fav

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by YZFx@Sep 10 2006, 11:44 PM

do becareful... i was warn by the local that it is not very safe to ride beyond betong to get to hatyai....

I think I saw 4 or 5 FJRs SGP plate did the Betong-Yala-Hatyai route 410 a day before 3-Nation Charity Ride (16th Nov 2006) while me chickened out using Bukit Kayu Hitam from Betong...yes from Betong....muah ha ha...

The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures - death." In Memory Of Dr Bend......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KQlEXdWc6sc/S11EmtnFr4I/AAAAAAAADts/Ovr7K3cpY68/s640/DSC03391.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by lindavw@Dec 27 2006, 01:49 AM

do u need to purchase insurance if u r going to betong???

They never insist like Danok but if you want, you can purchase the insurance at the town NOT at the border post... turn 9 o'clock when you are at the market and about 50 meter you come to small MOT building on your right. You can buy the insurance there or at the vicinity. Hope this helps...

The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures - death." In Memory Of Dr Bend......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KQlEXdWc6sc/S11EmtnFr4I/AAAAAAAADts/Ovr7K3cpY68/s640/DSC03391.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by Kutrax@December 27, 2006 07:06 pm

Razin which hotel reconmended at betong.

Probably with carpark security.

Do we need to book hotel in betong in advance.

 

btw betong is at which malaysian state border?

1. Merlin is good with underground carpark 24 security and per night rate is

2. Sri Betong Hotel also have the same facilities and the room rate range from 450 B to 800 B

3. There are some newer smaller hotels (Garden Home near market, one next to the tunnel, ohh.. I forgot the names) with rate about 600B and open parking with security...very new and very nice...

Advance booking is not neccessary unless super peak weekend.......

Try not to wander too far off the town as you need to ride your bike or hire tuk-tuk to makan etc......

 

Day One when you arrive, make yourself familiar with the town.....night life begin at 11 pm...

 

Day Two go to Hot Spring, Waterfall and Flower Garden (Cameron like atmosphere) or head to Yala road for about 50km from Betong then turn back if you like to scrap you knee sliders....do not go beyond that as it will be heavy road blocks etc...very nice experience....later you can turn back and go to above mentioned places....

 

Day Three go back lah.....

 

lindavw,

2K Bhat enuf for hotel and makan lah....

 

Betong is located at Pengkalan Hulu (Kroh) border point off Grik(East West Highway)-Baling road in the state of Perak......

 

 

 

 

 

I am beginning to feel like a tourism officer....muah ha ha...

 

 

Sorry for late reply as I am not on notification....

The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures - death." In Memory Of Dr Bend......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KQlEXdWc6sc/S11EmtnFr4I/AAAAAAAADts/Ovr7K3cpY68/s640/DSC03391.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by razin@January 10, 2007 10:59 pm

1. Merlin is good with underground carpark 24 security and per night rate is

2. Sri Betong Hotel also have the same facilities and the room rate range from 450 B to 800 B

3. There are some newer smaller hotels (Garden Home near market, one next to the tunnel, ohh.. I forgot the names) with rate about 600B and open parking with security...very new and very nice...

Advance booking is not neccessary unless super peak weekend.......

Try not to wander too far off the town as you need to ride your bike or hire tuk-tuk to makan etc......

 

Day One when you arrive, make yourself familiar with the town.....night life begin at 11 pm...

 

Day Two go to Hot Spring, Waterfall and Flower Garden (Cameron like atmosphere) or head to Yala road for about 50km from Betong then turn back if you like to scrap you knee sliders....do not go beyond that as it will be heavy road blocks etc...very nice experience....later you can turn back and go to above mentioned places....

 

Day Three go back lah.....

 

lindavw,

2K Bhat enuf for hotel and makan lah....

 

Betong is located at Pengkalan Hulu (Kroh) border point off Grik(East West Highway)-Baling road in the state of Perak......

 

 

 

 

 

I am beginning to feel like a tourism officer....muah ha ha...

 

 

Sorry for late reply as I am not on notification....

great info... :cheer:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by YZFx@January 11, 2007 12:34 am

great info... :cheer:

forgot to mention the comrade tunnel....a must and as hurricamax mentioned..."the eye candy" also a must....hint: two or more outlet, two different name but all related to fauna...

1.if you ride a horse you might be a..........?

2. a crawling insect aka ana...phobia?

 

muah ha ha....

The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures - death." In Memory Of Dr Bend......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KQlEXdWc6sc/S11EmtnFr4I/AAAAAAAADts/Ovr7K3cpY68/s640/DSC03391.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

There will be a ride frm KL-Spg Pulai-Cameron-Gua Musang-Jeli-East West Hiway-Grik-Kroh (Betong) or (if you choose) continue to Gurun-BKH-Hatyai on 1st February and back on 3rd February via NSHW. PM me if interested.

RV: 7am R&R Rawang 01/02/07

The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures - death." In Memory Of Dr Bend......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KQlEXdWc6sc/S11EmtnFr4I/AAAAAAAADts/Ovr7K3cpY68/s640/DSC03391.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 months later...

Just back from Betong, was a nice place and the morning is so chilling. 21-23deg. For info, there is no longer any Malaysia network since this CNY. Tot can use my My Maxis sim but found no coverage. Even no roaming too.......but no worry jus RM10 can buy their sim card but quite a hassle of registering.

 

If anyone going Betong, there is this new hotel ard 1yr by the name of Hello. It is just situated on the right hand side before entering the tunnel. Cost RM80/nite and its safe to park your bike there too. The manager and manageress r very friendly n they can converse in gd Cantonese or not so fluent Mandarin. U can get any kinda of info from them or if u lazy to walk ard, can ask them to call in room service. In room massage wil b RM30. If u walk to the massage parlor wil b RM24. Best massage parlor is said to be Sri Betong Hotel (main).

 

The oni thing i find unsatisfying is their food.

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by adr77@May 22, 2007 02:08 pm

Just back from Betong, was a nice place and the morning is so chilling. 21-23deg. For info, there is no longer any Malaysia network since this CNY. Tot can use my My Maxis sim but found no coverage. Even no roaming too.......but no worry jus RM10 can buy their sim card but quite a hassle of registering.

 

If anyone going Betong, there is this new hotel ard 1yr by the name of Hello. It is just situated on the right hand side before entering the tunnel. Cost RM80/nite and its safe to park your bike there too. The manager and manageress r very friendly n they can converse in gd Cantonese or not so fluent Mandarin. U can get any kinda of info from them or if u lazy to walk ard, can ask them to call in room service. In room massage wil b RM30. If u walk to the massage parlor wil b RM24. Best massage parlor is said to be Sri Betong Hotel (main).

 

The oni thing i find unsatisfying is their food.

the handphone restriction is due to the bombing happening in the south of thailand....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by adr77@May 22, 2007 02:08 pm

Just back from Betong, was a nice place and the morning is so chilling. 21-23deg. For info, there is no longer any Malaysia network since this CNY. Tot can use my My Maxis sim but found no coverage. Even no roaming too.......but no worry jus RM10 can buy their sim card but quite a hassle of registering.

 

If anyone going Betong, there is this new hotel ard 1yr by the name of Hello. It is just situated on the right hand side before entering the tunnel. Cost RM80/nite and its safe to park your bike there too. The manager and manageress r very friendly n they can converse in gd Cantonese or not so fluent Mandarin. U can get any kinda of info from them or if u lazy to walk ard, can ask them to call in room service. In room massage wil b RM30. If u walk to the massage parlor wil b RM24. Best massage parlor is said to be Sri Betong Hotel (main).

 

The oni thing i find unsatisfying is their food.

yupz..food is expensive due to the blockage of the only road from Yala...I saw a few bike groups last weekend, one at Sri Betong (incl. me :) ), one at sweet home (near market) and a grp of dual purpose bike, at penthouse I think :), are you the one with givi cap?

The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures - death." In Memory Of Dr Bend......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KQlEXdWc6sc/S11EmtnFr4I/AAAAAAAADts/Ovr7K3cpY68/s640/DSC03391.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by razin@May 22, 2007 09:27 pm

yupz..food is expensive due to the blockage of the only road from Yala...I saw a few bike groups last weekend, one at Sri Betong (incl. me :) ), one at sweet home (near market) and a grp of dual purpose bike, at penthouse I think :), are you the one with givi cap?

interesting bro.. u seems to love betong alot... as i can see from ur post, u go there quite often right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by YZFx@May 22, 2007 05:27 pm

the handphone restriction is due to the bombing happening in the south of thailand....

yup u r rite, the Thai authority blocks all Malaysia network from the custom onwards. tats y now not as much Malaysians as before.

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by razin@May 22, 2007 09:27 pm

yupz..food is expensive due to the blockage of the only road from Yala...I saw a few bike groups last weekend, one at Sri Betong (incl. me :) ), one at sweet home (near market) and a grp of dual purpose bike, at penthouse I think :), are you the one with givi cap?

Nope I came alone. I did c a Malaysia registered Fazer n R1 at the Sri Betong carpark on Sat n Sun. I think I was the one of the 2 Sgp bike there over the wkn. the other was a Super 4. Mayb I should chk with you nxt time when goin to Betong as u look like one who goes there frequently.:smile:

http://images.adrickloh.multiply.com/image/10/photos/18/500x500/15/DSC02203.JPG?et=kGUgEqN3OSljqAOX7c3ZqA&nmid=114339778
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bro, can tell me how is the road condition along Gerik Highway leading to the customs at Pengkalan Hulu? My last ride to Betong 8 years ago the road was still under construction, quite terok....

Can you also enlighten us on the nightlife scene there? Still rows of joints along the 2 main streets?? Happening??? :confused:

Slow Rider

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by adr77@May 23, 2007 10:17 am

Nope I came alone. I did c a Malaysia registered Fazer n R1 at the Sri Betong carpark on Sat n Sun. I think I was the one of the 2 Sgp bike there over the wkn. the other was a Super 4. Mayb I should chk with you nxt time when goin to Betong as u look like one who goes there frequently.:smile:

there were four of us at sri betong...one FJR, one VFR, one busa and the R1 you mentioned...no problem bro...just PM me on your next trip..we can have anice chat over cha ron or beer :)

The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures - death." In Memory Of Dr Bend......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KQlEXdWc6sc/S11EmtnFr4I/AAAAAAAADts/Ovr7K3cpY68/s640/DSC03391.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by iceangel@May 23, 2007 10:56 am

Bro, can tell me how is the road condition along Gerik Highway leading to the customs at Pengkalan Hulu? My last ride to Betong 8 years ago the road was still under construction, quite terok....

Can you also enlighten us on the nightlife scene there? Still rows of joints along the 2 main streets?? Happening??? :confused:

Now there are 3 road leading to Pengkalan Hulu/Border from Grik:

1. Grik-Pengkalan Hulu-Border (normal national road with some tight and long curves)

2. Grik-(same road as above but turn left at the first signboard to THAILAND)-Nenering-Border (smaller road with more tight curves but 7-8 km shorter)

3. Brand new Grik-Baling Road, beautiful scenery lots of curves, then proceed to Pengkalan Hulu-Border. I would recommend this road but it will set you off > 20km.

Well.. you can also make a loop by using the old road to and new road fro or vice versa :)

The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures - death." In Memory Of Dr Bend......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KQlEXdWc6sc/S11EmtnFr4I/AAAAAAAADts/Ovr7K3cpY68/s640/DSC03391.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i see. thanks bro... can i double confirm: to get to gerik highway i will have to take the kuala kangsar, just after the bridge:confused: also, while you were there, was the security tight? is merlin hotel still there? which hotel would you recommend?? thanks:thumb:

Slow Rider

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Originally posted by iceangel@May 23, 2007 12:54 pm

i see. thanks bro... can i double confirm: to get to gerik highway i will have to take the kuala kangsar, just after the bridge:confused: also, while you were there, was the security tight? is merlin hotel still there? which hotel would you recommend?? thanks:thumb:

kuala kangsar exit..correct...

security wise..betong is safe...

best hotel is the new tallest one :) but I prefer sri betong as everything is walking distance from there...if you need a tour guide PM me..my next trip will be the 5th of July on my way to Hatyai Bike Week..

The Prophet (blessings and peace be upon him) said, "Remember more often the destroyer of pleasures - death." In Memory Of Dr Bend......

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_KQlEXdWc6sc/S11EmtnFr4I/AAAAAAAADts/Ovr7K3cpY68/s640/DSC03391.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share




  • DAIS_ShellBAU_SingaporeBikes Banner_Motorcycle_300x250.png
×
×
  • Create New...