SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Repairing Dents and Respraying

kurarensu

my car got knock by a reverse lorry.no eye witness so LL send repair.

than after repair the front passenger door kanna a big dent!

so till now i dun bother to wash/wax my car.

i have done a calculation.

washing every week (diy) material/water yearly cost-80sgd

polishing and wax once a year-120sgd

7years will be 1400sgd.

spary whole car will repair dent and ding is abt 1200sgd.

i will sent it for respary after 7 years.

power ................hahahah

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006/05/16/bikepics-589321-full.jpg

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my car got knock by a reverse lorry.no eye witness so LL send repair.

than after repair the front passenger door kanna a big dent!

so till now i dun bother to wash/wax my car.

i have done a calculation.

washing every week (diy) material/water yearly cost-80sgd

polishing and wax once a year-120sgd

7years will be 1400sgd.

spary whole car will repair dent and ding is abt 1200sgd.

i will sent it for respary after 7 years.

:faint::faint:

7 years!!! by then already sell off liao loh

:cool:

:faint::faint:

7 years!!! by then already sell off liao loh

sell off for what?

my current car mileage is 19k km.

own the car for 2.5yrs. bought it brand new.

so reach 7 yrs,mileage should be around 70k km+-.

by the time loan paid up.

spent 5k to convert it into a normal car(mine is OPC) with RESPARY!

drive 3 yr paying nothing to bank.

renew the COE if its below 25k.

i used to change car a lot.every 2 yrs

but i think again........what for i need to change a car?

a car is just a mode of transport to me.

i dun even bother to wash/wax.

the car is a slave to me.....im not a slave to the car.

the car should serve me not i serve her back.

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

sell off for what?

my current car mileage is 19k km.

own the car for 2.5yrs. bought it brand new.

so reach 7 yrs,mileage should be around 70k km+-.

by the time loan paid up.

spent 5k to convert it into a normal car(mine is OPC) with RESPARY!

drive 3 yr paying nothing to bank.

renew the COE if its below 25k.

i used to change car a lot.every 2 yrs

but i think again........what for i need to change a car?

a car is just a mode of transport to me.

i dun even bother to wash/wax.

the car is a slave to me.....im not a slave to the car.

the car should serve me not i serve her back.

Your car must be very sad now... Say her until like that...

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Your car must be very sad now... Say her until like that...

sometimes i just dun really understand ppl.

for example

there is 1 aunty(i think mid 40) always see wash car,wipe car.(almost everyday)

make the car so clean,sometime i wonder is her house as clean as her car?:dot:

my car will serve me well,no worry.its just a machine.

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

everyone has a different set of priorities. a clean and shiny car may be important to some and not to others. same for dents, farkles and performance. not everyone is into function, not everyone is into style. that is what makes things so interesting.

http://simonnunis.smugmug.com/photos/684724736_fuDoa-M-1.jpg

everyone has a different set of priorities. a clean and shiny car may be important to some and not to others. same for dents, farkles and performance. not everyone is into function, not everyone is into style. that is what makes things so interesting.

agreed,but it cant be help if living in hdb...

got some idiot even scratch the new cars/bikes/van/lorry........

uniquely singapore!

• 1 month later...
think almost all sinkapor cars got dents on its doors, especially jap cars with soft bodies... its a common problem. many drivers n passengers are not considerate enough to preserve other pp property, coz not theirs mah. kenna pp car ok, kenna own car then #@#% liow :slapforehead:

my 2 months old car doors also kenna a few dents liow, will become more n more over time. initially wanted to do them off but now i give up liow, coz the dents will come back after a while. in fact, my 2 right side doors kenna deep scratches last weekend in a hdb car park where many pp are waiting for a lot.

when i entered the car park, there already a car waiting about 10m ahead where i stopped. dunno whether i'm lucky or unlucky, the owner of car next to me returned and drove off. naturally, i took the lot since its nearer to me even though other cars may have arrived earlier. park my car happily and went for lunch.

when i return from lunch, i was like OMG!!! there's a deep long scratch from front door to rear door on the driver's side. some parts are so deep that i could see the white colour inside of my black paintwork. that idiot might have used a key or something to do this #$%@ and cowardly act. if he/she is not happy, should approach me and reason it out instead of being such an assh0le. really hope that idiot will get his/her retribution in multifolds :angry:

now considering whether touch up paintwork or not :pity:

in singapore

you get new car/bike

some f@@ker will be jealous and scratch here and there.

for this I agree with muslim law~!

CHOP OFF their f@@king hands~!

Always ride safely and defensively.

Repair bike cheap and fast,

Repair body expensive and slow.

There is only one best mechanic for your bike...YOU

• 2 weeks later...

totally agree with you bro.

i also never bother to wash car, everyday park in hdb open carpark got sun rain and birdshit. got one giant dent also never bother to fix.

but, i clean the inside of the car nicely. afterall, i sit inside, not outside. nice sound system, nice leather seats, but outside look like crap.

sometimes i just dun really understand ppl.

for example

there is 1 aunty(i think mid 40) always see wash car,wipe car.(almost everyday)

make the car so clean,sometime i wonder is her house as clean as her car?:dot:

my car will serve me well,no worry.its just a machine.

• 2 weeks later...
think almost all sinkapor cars got dents on its doors, especially jap cars with soft bodies... its a common problem. many drivers n passengers are not considerate enough to preserve other pp property, coz not theirs mah. kenna pp car ok, kenna own car then #@#% liow :slapforehead:

my 2 months old car doors also kenna a few dents liow, will become more n more over time. initially wanted to do them off but now i give up liow, coz the dents will come back after a while. in fact, my 2 right side doors kenna deep scratches last weekend in a hdb car park where many pp are waiting for a lot.

when i entered the car park, there already a car waiting about 10m ahead where i stopped. dunno whether i'm lucky or unlucky, the owner of car next to me returned and drove off. naturally, i took the lot since its nearer to me even though other cars may have arrived earlier. park my car happily and went for lunch.

when i return from lunch, i was like OMG!!! there's a deep long scratch from front door to rear door on the driver's side. some parts are so deep that i could see the white colour inside of my black paintwork. that idiot might have used a key or something to do this #$%@ and cowardly act. if he/she is not happy, should approach me and reason it out instead of being such an assh0le. really hope that idiot will get his/her retribution in multifolds :angry:

now considering whether touch up paintwork or not :pity:

If there is only one car waiting, I would think it is only right that you waited for another lot. If there are cars in and out of the carpark at the point, then I think its ok for you to take the lot closer to you and leave the other cars waiting to "fight it out" with any vacated lots especially if they happen to be much further away from your lot.

If there is only one car waiting, I would think it is only right that you waited for another lot.

noble idea, but would you do that? :cheeky:

in any case, there were a few cars all over waiting for any lot they can squeeze in :o

~

Current Ride: FJS400 Silver Wing

Trips:

23~27 Dec 2014: 5D5N KL & Ipoh

Scooby's blog http://scoobydooby-doo.blogspot.sg/

Tech Corner http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/325894-lt-Info-gt-Silverwing-400cc-600cc-Tech-Corner

• 4 weeks later...
how much issit roughly to repair a smaller than palm size dent with spray?

my friend self skidded and hit onto a car's door and that idiot is asking for a $250.. say what his color metallic white very expensive all those crap..

to me that small dent suck back + spray less than $180..

anyone to confirm?

Firstly plse note, that the real idiot is the one who skidded and hit the car .

$250 is fair considering it's not just the dent but the trouble, time and agony that your friend gave to others.

I would have asked for much much more.

Loss of usage and loss of my personal time.

So advise your friend to pay up graciously and move on.

as well as to ride safely in future.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanna share my experience of cheap and amazing panel beating skills of the workshop i was introduced to. The uncles all crouching tigers hidden dragons. hahaha below is the address.

Kong Hoi Motor

Block 1002 Bukit Merah Lane 3 #01-79

Success is not something you pursue. Its like chasing a butterfly, you cant quite catch it. Success is something you attract by the person you become.

Jim Rohn

Just wanna share my experience of cheap and amazing panel beating skills of the workshop i was introduced to. The uncles all crouching tigers hidden dragons. hahaha below is the address.

Kong Hoi Motor

Block 1002 Bukit Merah Lane 3 #01-79

details pls, cheap and good ? usually they don't come together...:angel:

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006/05/16/bikepics-589321-full.jpg

Average pricing i guess. Cause this kinda thing dont have a fix price. It all depends on the damage how complicated how big or small. The only thing is, it will always be cheaper than changing to a new piece of door or bumper or whatever it is. The most important thing is the skill they have and i must say they are very impressive! Totally make a badly damaged car look like new!

Success is not something you pursue. Its like chasing a butterfly, you cant quite catch it. Success is something you attract by the person you become.

Jim Rohn

Sorry if there was another thread like this.

Yesterday, while reversing into a lot, the rear right portion of my vehicle scratched against the pillar, which was placed awkwardly :cry:

Result: A slight chip off the rear tail light, and numerous scratches on the corner. Waxing got rid of the slight scratches, and now I am left with some obvious markings.

Any idea where can I get my tail light and car resprayed? Can only one portion be resprayed? (no idea, as I am a first time car owner)

Btw, am driving a red Proton Saga.

Drive : Proton Saga 1.3M SJN plate (11th June 10 - Present)

Ride : Honda S4 Revo FBC plate (12th July 08 - Present)

Former Ride : Phantom TA200 FV plate (9th September 05 - 12th July 08)

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if there was another thread like this.

Yesterday, while reversing into a lot, the rear right portion of my vehicle scratched against the pillar, which was placed awkwardly :cry:

Result: A slight chip off the rear tail light, and numerous scratches on the corner. Waxing got rid of the slight scratches, and now I am left with some obvious markings.

Any idea where can I get my tail light and car resprayed? Can only one portion be resprayed? (no idea, as I am a first time car owner)

Btw, am driving a red Proton Saga.

you should buy the tail light from stockist and DIY fix.. maybe touch up at M'sia since it'll be cheaper and your colour would be easier to match since its made in that country..Could be possible to spray a portion but depends on shops, very few do a small portion as its not worth it for them and hard to blend to your current colour..

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

reading the costs of dent repair really sian 1/2.

I saw on youtube on dent repair, thot of trying on my plastic bumper, the question is, where can i get CO2 aerosol spray?[video=youtube;q0UAUBE-Hmg]

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

嘴讲兰派爽! The World would be a better place if karma exists.

Here's one even better, just the dent i looking to fix.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bElooqDJVco

*人 在 江 湖 *敲 锣 打 鼓 *

嘴讲兰派爽! The World would be a better place if karma exists.