SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Kymco Downtown 125/200/300/350i Cafe 2013

hjxfabio

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi may i know where can we find a handphone mount for dowmtown? thank you.

can try this option too.

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-universal-x-grip-offset-motorcycle-mount-ram-b-179-un7u.html

http://www.gpscity.com/g/gps/s/7/ramb179un7.jpg

mount to your mirror mount.

or another part mount to your brake reservoir.

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-motorcycle-extended-reservoir-cover-base.html

http://www.gpscity.com/g/gps/s/4/ramb346.jpg

Thank you so much parotae amd advrider. advise help much. but few more question. I think i need to change the tyre soon. Because previous owner nvr change tyre before. The stock tyre. Now Mileage about 14k. Need recommendation. Where and what tyre to change. Thank you so much.

Thank you so much parotae amd advrider. advise help much. but few more question. I think i need to change the tyre soon. Because previous owner nvr change tyre before. The stock tyre. Now Mileage about 14k. Need recommendation. Where and what tyre to change. Thank you so much.

Im using Pirelli scoot. So far good in wet and dry, but some "tester" had tried in the wet and say it's sucks. To me it's ok. Try sourceing from your friendly bike shop or you can try Unique Motor in the link in SBF. Cheers.

just changed mine .. both tires were changed at Unique motor.. very good price for both tires.

Pirelli diablo scooter.. pretty grippy tires as far as i have used.

if you change both the tires are 175 for both @Unique motors ..i changed at their UBI location,, better to call them if they hav estock ..if its not available in store then they can order for you and you can get it fixed immediately. They will order and ask you to come in after an hour.

BTW the tire sizes are exactly same size as Honda Silverwing

120/80 R14 Front

150/70 R13 Rear

Hi, I'm relatively new to this cafe and I'm currently taking my 2b at BBDC with the intention of getting a DT200i for my first bike.

Any knows if there are any recommended dealers around? Preferably in the West though.

I only know West Unique Motor Selling. Bike Yong may know more.

Unique Motorsports Pte Ltd @ Toh Guan

48 Toh Guan Road East

#02-140 Enterprise Hub

Singapore 608586

Tel: 6515 4978 / Fax: 6515 4979

Best tire so far on my 4th brand is Metzeler Feel Free.

1st set came with scoot Maxxis - Very good in the dry -

Wet - so far so good, maybe i heard not good in rain so didnt take my chances but no skidding before as far as i know.

2nd set Metzeler Feel Free

http://www.metzeler.com/site/com/mediaObject/MetzelerSite/CommonImg/Product/Tyres/Feelfree/product_sheet_feelfree_460x500_jpeg/original/product_sheet_feelfree_460x500_jpeg.jpg

- Dry Very Good, always very sure -

- Wet - Rain skidded once due to good grip in the wet so over confident and on road markings while cornering. Best overall.

3rd set Heidenau K66

http://www.reifenwerk-heidenau.de/images/profilbilder/k66roller-016_k.jpg

Dry OK - Once put on new tires the scoot started to not track straight, difficult to track straight (maybe due to the knobby design). Cannot let go steering. Coming to corner if you are not experience it will drop down like falling (I got freak out) cause it bank-in the corner like nothing I've experience before. corner...bank...poof...and you'll be pulled down instantly.

Wet grip is the worst IMO, once i jammed brake and the bike just continued forward and almost bang a car cutting into my lane. My balls shrank! My brake control had always been very well controlled. I can brake so hard i can sense the wheel going to lock up before it actually lock up if you know what i mean.

I always test the tires by locking the tires on smooth painted surface with water or when wet after rain to test its effectiveness and found something interesting.

The K66 performed very well than all the tires on smooth painted wet surface and skidded and bite on to the smooth wetted surface very quickly i was so amaze but when on wet road it suck at gripping. hmmmmmmmm.....i wondered why.

For Feel free it skidded on the smooth painted wet surface but performed very well on wet roads.

4th set Pirelli Diablo SC

http://www.pneumaticiroma.it/upload/Prodotto/187/diablo_scooter_set-1.jpg

- now about 1500km into use.

Dry- So far OK

Wet - i would give it an average - totally no confidence with it now - but i was amaze I didn't fall when going down Cameron after rain on wet surface cornering - Maybe I wasn't aggressive enough - was very glad i didn't fall doing all those crazy turns at fast speed.

Recently skidded a bit on wet surface so i'm holding back on any normal corner - meaning i slow down to a safe speed.

I'm still in the process so with time most likely the tires performance will be like this with no change. Somehow i feel this is going to be a very lasting tire (hear say and the tire still look as new currently - wow):p

Info based on my own findings.

Different people have different riding style and expectations so results varies.

Recommended for all rounder but sooner tire change : Metzeler Feel Free

Edited by parotae

Bi-Weekly Meet Up

Details as follows:

Date : 26/09/2014, Friday

Singapore 437126

Time : 2000hrs onwards

***There will be a short ride at about 2230hrs. Please come before 2230hrs.

All are welcome to join regardless what bike or scooter you are riding......

Do search for "Kymco Sg" in facebook and give us a "Like"

Best tire so far on my 4th brand is Metzeler Feel Free.

1st set came with scoot Maxxis - Very good in the dry -

Wet - so far so good, maybe i heard not good in rain so didnt take my chances but no skidding before as far as i know.

2nd set Metzeler Feel Free

http://www.metzeler.com/site/com/mediaObject/MetzelerSite/CommonImg/Product/Tyres/Feelfree/product_sheet_feelfree_460x500_jpeg/original/product_sheet_feelfree_460x500_jpeg.jpg

- Dry Very Good, always very sure -

- Wet - Rain skidded once due to good grip in the wet so over confident and on road markings while cornering. Best overall.

3rd set Heidenau K66

http://www.reifenwerk-heidenau.de/images/profilbilder/k66roller-016_k.jpg

Dry OK - Once put on new tires the scoot started to not track straight, difficult to track straight (maybe due to the knobby design). Cannot let go steering. Coming to corner if you are not experience it will drop down like falling (I got freak out) cause it bank-in the corner like nothing I've experience before. corner...bank...poof...and you'll be pulled down instantly.

Wet grip is the worst IMO, once i jammed brake and the bike just continued forward and almost bang a car cutting into my lane. My balls shrank! My brake control had always been very well controlled. I can brake so hard i can sense the wheel going to lock up before it actually lock up if you know what i mean.

I always test the tires by locking the tires on smooth painted surface with water or when wet after rain to test its effectiveness and found something interesting.

The K66 performed very well than all the tires on smooth painted wet surface and skidded and bite on to the smooth wetted surface very quickly i was so amaze but when on wet road it suck at gripping. hmmmmmmmm.....i wondered why.

For Feel free it skidded on the smooth painted wet surface but performed very well on wet roads.

4th set Pirelli Diablo SC

http://www.pneumaticiroma.it/upload/Prodotto/187/diablo_scooter_set-1.jpg

- now about 1500km into use.

Dry- So far OK

Wet - i would give it an average - totally no confidence with it now - but i was amaze I didn't fall when going down Cameron after rain on wet surface cornering - Maybe I wasn't aggressive enough - was very glad i didn't fall doing all those crazy turns at fast speed.

Recently skidded a bit on wet surface so i'm holding back on any normal corner - meaning i slow down to a safe speed.

I'm still in the process so with time most likely the tires performance will be like this with no change. Somehow i feel this is going to be a very lasting tire (hear say and the tire still look as new currently - wow):p

Info based on my own findings.

Different people have different riding style and expectations so results varies.

Recommended for all rounder but sooner tire change : Metzeler Feel Free

Using Diablo for 2nd set already.

feel good when playing the trunk roads

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg