SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Kymco Downtown 125/200/300/350i Cafe 2013

hjxfabio

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi amorphis,

You have to bring back the bike to Motorsports . They would need to adjust your valve, I met this problem awhile ago. There is nothing wrong with the bike. This adjustment will solve your stalling issues. As for led since u are down might as well as them to check .

Thanks for your advice ,Parotae and Vampgen. Ya, guess i will bring down to Motorsports for a check and hopefully they can still honour the warranty as mine just passed not long. In fact, i 've sent my bike to motorsports for servicing 2 weeks back just before cny.

Another question, i notice every time when i pulled back the left brake lever, the machine tends to vibrate alot. Check with the mechanic and was told its a norm. However, It doesn't vibrate when i pulled back the right brake lever.

Another question, i notice every time when i pulled back the left brake lever, the machine tends to vibrate alot. Check with the mechanic and was told its a norm. However, It doesn't vibrate when i pulled back the right brake lever.

The left lever should be for rear brakes. Check your brake pad may had worn to the metal. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back from Motorsports, didn't have much good experience there. Was quoted a very alarming amount to repair the leds...I was told by the manager that they do not honour warranty if the bike is bought 2nd hand. So maybe you guys wanna take note that even if you buy a 1 month bike from any owner, i guess the warranty will no longer be valid.

Guess after all my thoughts of owning and maintaining a Taiwanese bike does not come cheap as compare to bike of Japanese made.

My last servicing itself (15K) cost $160.

2 bottle of engine oil @ $32 each

Air filter @ $70

Gear Oil @ $10

Another $16 for don't know what they written which i cant read. i suppose that is for labour.

Talking about the air filter make me feel more heartache, the mechanic asked if i wanna change to Simota air filter which he claimed is better, so i asked how much was it and he told me $50+ so i asked what about the normal one, he says $30+. Thinking its ok since $20 difference but when i saw they charge $70, i approached the mechanic but he argued say he didn't say $50+. I feel no point agruing since he have already fixed it and worst still last found out from this forum, the stock filter is only $15.:cry:

As for the leds issue, i believe a number of riders also encounter this which i suppose is a known problem rather than wear and tear. I guess i will live with leds until all the leds are blown rather then always repair it at such a high cost...:sian:

I think for your case maybe you can bring back to the dealer who sold the bike to you. Or u can seek the previous owner help to bring it back.

As for the brake wise, it's normal as the rear brake is close to the engine mounting when depress there is no leeway for the vibration to move but Travel to the whole chassis thus u felt the vibration. It's just about getting use

I am sorry to hear about your ordeal.

Ya my LED was blowing out one by one on one side but the other side is still running well. Mileage 47000km currently.

Then my headlamp blown.

Discovered my rectifier was spoilt causing over charging and blowing the lights out.

Was informed it was over charging up to 18V wow!

Lucky didn't catch fire ha ha.

Was riding up north to cameron when halfway up the bike started to jerk and lost power.

On and off, after reach petrol station and close throttle the engine went dead and all the meter lights was gone.

Lucky travelled in group and got spare battery.

In the end manage to ride back and change the rectifier.

Come to the meetup, we can discuss how to make kymco ownership a pleasant one ha ha.

Hi Parotae,

It is ok. What to do? Just my luck, i guess...just hope that this bike will not end up like my previous 2nd bike. (Brand new bike - 1st day signal light broke, 2nd day battery flat, 3rd day clutch lever stolen(during CNY period). a week later, bike went inside Maxwell for 2 weeks, 3 months later accident, bike broke into 2. Claimed insurance for total loss..so i only get to own the bike for 4 months. Guess that bike and me got no fate...:cry:

Oh, ya indeed very lucky for you. Luckily, you were traveling in a group else will have problem towing back your ride. I am just wondering if what you mentioned is the symptom that my rectifier is going to be kaput anytime? And also, since you mentioned that your leds blown, did you change them? Any other alternative workshops that i can send for repair? Seriously, the amount that Motorsports charge me, i can go to jb buy few colour led strips and have my bike send in for last nite chingay parade.(sorry, don't mean to be sarcastic)

Thanks for the invite, and i would love to....but let me settle down from all these shock first and see if there are more "surprises" that awaits me as i just own this baby barely for a month.

To advrider, mechanic checked and confirmed that brake pad is not worn off yet. I guess like what Vampgen said it is normal and a matter of getting use to it. For me, I am ok with the vibration since it is normal. What i fear is am i the only one feeling the vibrations then something is not right somewhere.

The vibration is from the engine. Why is it stronger is due to the fact that your scooter engine is at the back as a whole which your wheels and brake disc are mounted onto.

when u pull back the rear brake lever, the brake pads will grip firmly onto the brake disc and thats how u got the vibrations transmitted to you.

Do search for "Kymco Sg" in facebook and give us a "Like"

Back from Motorsports, didn't have much good experience there. Was quoted a very alarming amount to repair the leds...I was told by the manager that they do not honour warranty if the bike is bought 2nd hand. So maybe you guys wanna take note that even if you buy a 1 month bike from any owner, i guess the warranty will no longer be valid.

Guess after all my thoughts of owning and maintaining a Taiwanese bike does not come cheap as compare to bike of Japanese made.

My last servicing itself (15K) cost $160.

2 bottle of engine oil @ $32 each

Air filter @ $70

Gear Oil @ $10

Another $16 for don't know what they written which i cant read. i suppose that is for labour.

Talking about the air filter make me feel more heartache, the mechanic asked if i wanna change to Simota air filter which he claimed is better, so i asked how much was it and he told me $50+ so i asked what about the normal one, he says $30+. Thinking its ok since $20 difference but when i saw they charge $70, i approached the mechanic but he argued say he didn't say $50+. I feel no point agruing since he have already fixed it and worst still last found out from this forum, the stock filter is only $15.:cry:

As for the leds issue, i believe a number of riders also encounter this which i suppose is a known problem rather than wear and tear. I guess i will live with leds until all the leds are blown rather then always repair it at such a high cost...:sian:

I think you have make a mistake, Stock Air Filter for $15 is not possible.

I believe the $15 is for oil filter. The $16 stated in the invoice is oil filter.

Do search for "Kymco Sg" in facebook and give us a "Like"

Details as follows:

Date : 13/03/2015, Friday

Location : LC Food Court, 369 Tanjong Katong Rd Singapore 437126

Time : 2000hrs onwards

🐾 All are welcome to join regardless what bike or scooter you are riding......

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, Any DT members here with their ride due for servicing soon? I am looking for 2 buddies to share engine care addictive products from DUCATUS and see if we can achieve better responsiveness and lesser vibration from the engine. All these products are recommended for every 10,000km servicing. Members out there with mileage more than 10k KM are welcome to try out and see if this product can improve our ride.

Below are the products i will be buying to try out:

1) DUCATUS Engine Protection (Add directly into engine oil to improve wear protection and reduce engine vibration)

2) DUCATUS Engine Flush (Remove carbon build up in piston, piston ring & cylinder liners + Remove oil sludge, contamination & metal breakdown particles.)

3) DUCATUS Octanbooster+ (Add directly into petrol, Improve RON content , Cleans injector, valves, spark plug and combustion chamber)

The products are recommended for 4 - 5L of engine oil capacity. Just nice for 3 DT engine.

Details of the products are as follow:

http://www.ducatus.com.sg/index.php/en/products/automotive/additives

Total Cost for all 3 Products is $64.20 after GST. I will round down to $60 so each of us will split $20 equally.

Those who are keen to try out please text me at 94592391. Prefer buddies who dont mind going to AMK industrial park for servicing.

We will share and do a Mass Order for better price if it is significantly better for the engine!

Bi-Weekly Meet Up

Details as follows:

Date : 03/04/2015, Friday

Ya la! but nobody keen le! Anyway I tried. Half bottle at home for next servicing.

I am now still on the first tank after I service. Now im getting > 180km on first 2 bar (still counting). Engine vibration significantly reduced by about 10%. So far my idling feels better and I feel that I need to squeeze lesser on the throttle to hit my daily cruising speed of 80km/h.

Will conclude the distance clock on my first and second tank here.

@wee keong

Wah! Engine Tonic! Yum Yum!

Nothing to change.

Good day guys, just to check.. I just change my belt n roller.. Original n change at Motorsport.. Now when I move off I will hear the clutch sound . Mean open n close I think.. Is it normal..?

Since you services at MS suggest you bring back to check.

Ya la! but nobody keen le! Anyway I tried. Half bottle at home for next servicing.

I am now still on the first tank after I service. Now im getting > 180km on first 2 bar (still counting). Engine vibration significantly reduced by about 10%. So far my idling feels better and I feel that I need to squeeze lesser on the throttle to hit my daily cruising speed of 80km/h.

Will conclude the distance clock on my first and second tank here.

Hit 310km with 9.8l petrol on first tank! Pretty incredible. Now on my second tank.

Bi-Weekly Meet Up

Details as follows:

Date : 17/04/2015, Friday